Lizam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

We marry for better or for worse til death due us part. Unless some very serious situations come up such as infidelity or abuse a person should keep their vows.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/23/2017 at 7:03 PM, goodbook4me said:

I went through a divorce and I didn't want to, my wife wanted it. It was horrible, I wouldn't recommend it to

anyone, although we had no children, it wounded me and I'm still struggling with depression and trying to get my life back.

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/21/2017 at 0:28 PM, Lizam said:

I didn't truly realize all these things until I gotmarried to him and I can not imagine having another child with him or building a life especially since my in laws treat me horribly. I am miserable

Lizam,  

You have our sympathies as you may have already noted.

Scripture does not totally forbid you to leave your husband (if the situation is unbearable), but it would be in the manner of a permanent separation.  This means that you could NOT remarry, since you would still be considered by God to be married.  Please note carefully (1 Corinthians 7:10,11):

And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Also, please keep in mind that these instructions are for genuine Christians, so the first thing to establish is whether you both are saved or not.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/22/2017 at 9:23 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Lizam

Welcome to Worthy............I'm sorry you are going through this at this time and will certainly be praying for you....

This is the "Seekers Lounge" ,this is where unbelievers ,seekers & guests ask us questions(Seeking Answers) about our Faith .....what would you like to ask? Have you or your husband ever considered "Seeking God" together,individually? The place to begin is at the Foot of the Cross,perhaps you can tell us a bit more about what/WHO you Believe and we can start  from there ,if you want support,encouragement & advice from us

Your troubles at home are only a circumstance,God is not a God of circumstance.........with Him ALL things are possible!!!                With love-in Christ,Kwik

Except for flying. Tried that once . Took a week to heal. :(

:P 

Welcome Lizam! :)

I hope you post your question in the proper forum so that more here can share their thoughts with you. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Welcome to Worthy lizam 

Your throw away comment ' he pushed me , in front of his family ' sends alarm bells clanging , I don't imagine that is the first time you or your son were pushed or had something thrown at you . 

The safety of you and your son are paramount , try a councillor , go to your church , if you are not a church member , a local church will often help where they can . Most towns have a domestic violence phone counselling service . Call them . Our lord Jesus loves you , and your son , and your husband , but he doesn't want you or anyone to be treated in an abusive or demeaning manner . 

I've seen far too many woman , many are Christians , who have lost their lives .  

Please get help , 

Praying , God bless you 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,  My encouragement is for you to protect your son first. In whatever decision you make, ask of God how to best protect your son. And know that another guy in the future is not likely to be the answer to best protecting your son.

You are in a very tough spot, grab onto whatever it takes to do best for your child. That may be divorce it may not. Ask of God for protection of your son.  Prayers for  you to be confident in your choice under the lead of our LORD.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Your not married to your in laws.  The Bible is clear that the only grounds for a divorce is if infidelity has occurred. When you say he behaves inappropriately what does that mean, in what manner?

My question is do you love  him and did you not see any of this when you were dating.  I would suggest you speak to your pastor.  Do you go to church?  are you a born again believer in Christ.  If not you need to commit your life to Jesus, get involved with a good Bible believing church and go from there.  Start  praying for your husband too.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

Dear Rusty Angel,

I am sure you mean well by your comment and actually believe what you say is right.. Colosians 2v 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, taking it out of the way and nailing it to his cross.. Jesus obliterated the law when he was crucified in our place, and as believers who are saved by grace through faith in Christ, we are no longer under the law but under grace.. Yes we might make poor choices, that can be as a result of our level of revelation but it is not a barrier to our salvation because we are not saved through our works. The holy spirit is there to replace the law and he does this by teaching us the way we should go and not by demanding it as the law does. You are not in a position to point out what the bible says under the dispensation of the law to a believer who is under the dispensation of Grace through faith. Everything that happened before Jesus said "it is finished" is under the law and we are free from the curse of the law. We should be able to rightly divide the word of truth 2. tim 2v15.  Please let not put burdens and Yokes on  our fellow believers by teaching the law and grace mixed together.. her choice may not be ideal but that is for the holy spirit to lead her, it does not affect her salvation in ANYWAY if her faith and hope is still in Christ Jesus. There are tons of divorced preachers and Christians in this world who are living for God in spirit and truth. If she can avoid fornication and sexual immorality then I see absolutely no issues with a christian being divorced if she is unhappy in her marriage. 

Edited by Hennygirl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Henygirl

Welcome to Worthy......I'm sure Rusty is not implying anyones Salvation would be affected by choosing to leave their spouse and by quoting the Word of God she is merely saying "Divorce should not be taken lightly" ...She asked,"in what manner does your husband behave inappropriately?"

The Seekers Lounge is for unbelievers,seekers & guests to ask us questions about our Faith......we can't assume that Lizam is a Believer simply because she has asked us to pray for her.....

My question is do you love  him and did you not see any of this when you were dating.  I would suggest you speak to your pastor.  Do you go to church?  are you a born again believer in Christ.  If not you need to commit your life to Jesus, get involved with a good Bible believing church and go from there.  Start  praying for your husband too.

Our first and main concern is a matter of life & death,second is her circumstance.......So,in the Seekers Lounge we are not speaking to fellow Believers but those seeking God Truth......Jesus did not come to abolish the Law,there is no mixing of Law & Grace in what Rusty has said......

The Fulfillment of the Law
Matthew 5:16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.…

Divorce was only Allowed because of mans hardened hearts,this is not What God has put in place for us from the beginning,the 2(Believers ) are ONE FLESH,with God in the Center no man can put asunder......Being "happy" is not a deciding factor,especially for the Christian......but we don't know if Lizam is a Believer,we don't know anything about her & her husband except what she has told us....She loves him & he has committed adultery      Can a Believer just do what is most convenient or the easiest way out or whatever he wants to do because He is FREE from the curse of the Law.....here is what Paul says.....

The Wages of Sin
ROMANS 6:14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. 15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means! 16Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness?…

IF we truly Love Jesus then we love God with all our Heart ,all our minds,souls & strength ...we also love others as we love ourselves.......in Christ we wonder,how can a Believer hurt another Believer?Well,there is the "flesh" & plenty of temptations & so we must keep our Eyes on Jesus.....we are MORE than Conquerors in Him!

I think Rusty gave sound advice ,God is ABLE to RESTORE,REPAIR,RENEW,RE ESTABLISH,HEAL.....what is too great for HIM?And you are also correct,Holy Spirit will lead,guide & direct LIZAM ......now the question is,does Lizam know Jesus

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

With love-in Christ,Kwik