IGNORED

Rev. 12: Heavenly Sign to appear in 2017 - What could it mean?

rollinTHUNDER

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, OldCoot said:

So Israel (Jacob) is going to give birth in the middle of Jacob's Trouble?  That is a new twist on the text I haven't heard before.

No, you're missing the point of the sign.  It is a symbol for Israel who gave the Messiah to the world.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

57 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

For all of us, we should not be too surprised that there are signs in the heavenlies since Jesus said there would be.......to me it confirms how late the hour is along with everything else that is happening.  As long as we don't get distracted by the signs, but let them remind us all how urgent it is to preach and share and witness the gospel while there is still a little time left.

Amen.   Why is Prophecy given?

1 Corinthians 14:3  But he who prophesies speaks to men for building up, and exhortation, and comfort. 

May we follow this example to build up -- to exhort and edify the body -- and to be in total comfort with the chaos around us -- for these things MUST come to pass!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

36 minutes ago, George said:

Amen.   Why is Prophecy given?

1 Corinthians 14:3  But he who prophesies speaks to men for building up, and exhortation, and comfort. 

May we follow this example to build up -- to exhort and edify the body -- and to be in total comfort with the chaos around us -- for these things MUST come to pass!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Amen, so right, bless you brother........it is all those things.....comforting, strengthening and encouraging to know how the Lord has foreseen it all and is in complete control on His Throne, watching over us, no matter what happens.  It has been written in His word, and in creation.....before any of it came to be.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you're missing the point of the sign.  It is a symbol for Israel who gave the Messiah to the world.

Not so sure.  For one, the child born of the woman in Revelation 12 is forcibly snatched up as soon as it is born.  Now it is a bit of a stretch to assume that is the Messiah, as He was not forcibly snatched up at His birth or His ascension.   This is one of those passages that uses the Greek word Harpazo.  Compare it to Isaiah 66:7-9.  Jerusalem is called a virgin in many passages of scripture.  Where was the church conceived by the given of the HS?  In Jerusalem. The the new creation grows until it is to be born.  And it is born before Israel goes into her labor pains, as told in the Isaiah passage above.  Jeremiah 30:5-9 makes reference to the Tribulation Period as Israel in labor.  

As I stated, I am not in the camp of this assertion, but it does make a compelling case worthy to be considered.  I didn't miss any point. Up until recently, I held the same general view that Revelation 12 was referring to the Messiah's first coming.  I never had really looked at it closely.  You are assuming that I have bought this idea already.  I am in research mode.  I said I am still investigating it.  As I am doing, you might also consider Proverbs 18:13.

Edited by OldCoot

13 hours ago, George said:

I gotta say Old Coot -- that's one bizarre avatar! :)

While everyone is looking at the one sign -- but there's a significant portion not really discussed.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in Heaven. Michael and his angels warring against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels warred, 
Rev 12:8  but did not prevail. Nor was 
place found for them in Heaven any more. 
Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, the old serpent called Devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world. He was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 

If you have the birth -- then you have the onslaught of evil coming to this world like we've never seen.

Rev 12:10  And I heard a great voice saying in Heaven, Now has come the salvation and power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night. 
Rev 12:11  And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony. And they did not love their soul until death. 
Rev 12:12  Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and those tabernacling in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and in the sea! For the Devil came down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a little time. 
Rev 12:13  And when the dragon saw that he was cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who bore the man child . 
Rev 12:14  And two wings of a great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the serpent's face. 
Rev 12:15  And the serpent cast out of his mouth water like a flood after the woman, so that he might cause her to be carried away by the river. 
Rev 12:16  And the earth helped the woman. And the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 
Rev 12:17  And the dragon was enraged over the woman, and went to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

So I don't believe you can separate verses 1-6 without discussing verses 7-17.  If it were possible the question you may want to ask yourself -- Would you be willing to die for the Lord today?  If not, then you need to stop focusing on the day of Sept 23rd -- and focus on where you in your walk with the Lord!

God bless,

George

My main focus is not on September 23rd.  I just mentioned it as compelling to look at.  Actually, my main focus is on the perception of who the child is in Revelation 12.  I glossed over it and assumed like most folks that it was in reference to the Messiah and His first coming.  But that doesn't seem to make sense as I look at it more closely.

The child is snatched up forcibly as soon as it is delivered. Now that really can't be perceived as the Messiah and His first coming.  It is true, that it is a reference to the Messiah, but not Yeshua specifically, but His body, which the church is called in many other passages.  It does say in that passage that He will rule with a rod of iron, and that sure must mean the Messiah, so not the body, correct?   Then what of Revelation 2:26-27 where he who overcomes will be granted the right to rule over the nations along with Yeshua and quotes Psalm 2:9?  That supports the idea that the child is the body of the Messiah.  We have been told we will be as kings and priests and rule with Him in Revelation 1:6, Revelation 5:10, and Revelation 20:6.

As I have stated elsewhere, I am still in research mode regarding this idea.  It is compelling, but I need to dig into it more and compare with the rest of scripture.  I am following the guidance of Proverbs 18:13 and the example of the Bereans in Acts 17:11.   A methodology I find lacking in many folks on the forums.  I have been guilty of not adhering to that prescription also, but even a cabbage ripens.

And you bet I would be willing to die because of my faith in Yeshua!  I could then be done with this sinking ship of a planet. Like Paul, I would much rather be with the Lord than remain in this carcass.  But there is still a lot of work to do.  And it is only that which reminds me that staying here longer is needed.  But boy, if some terrorist wants to off my head because I am a Christian, I am more than ready!

Edited by OldCoot
Stupid Spell Checker!
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

19 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

My main focus is not on September 23rd.  I just mentioned it as compelling to look at.  Actually, my main focus is on the perception of who the child is in Revelation 12.  I glossed over it and assumed like most folks that it was in reference to the Messiah and His first coming.  But that doesn't seem to make sense as I look at it more closely.

The child if snatched up forcibly as soon as it is delivered. Now that really can't be perceived as the Messiah and His first coming.  It is true, that it is a reference to the Messiah, but not Yeshua specifically, but His body, which the church is called in many other passages.  It does say in that passage that He will rule with a rod of iron, and that sure must mean the Messiah, so not the body, correct?   Then what of Revelation 2:26-27 where he who overcomes will be granted the right to rule over the nations along with Yeshua and quotes Psalm 2:9?  That supports the idea that the child is the body of the Messiah.  We have been told we will be as kings and priests and rule with Him in Revelation 1:6, Revelation 5:10, and Revelation 20:6.

As I have stated elsewhere, I am still in research mode regarding this idea.  It is compelling, but I need to dig into it more and compare with the rest of scripture.  I am following the guidance of Proverbs 18:13 and the example of the Bereans in Acts 17:11.   A methodology I find lacking in many folks on the forums.

And you bet I would be willing to die because of my faith in Yeshua!  I could then be done with this sinking ship of a planet. Like Paul, I would much rather be with the Lord than remain in this carcass.  But there is still a lot of work to do.  And it is only that which reminds me that staying here longer is needed.  But boy, if some terrorist wants to off my head, I am more than ready!

I love your line of thought and aditude. :) To me study isn't about knowing or being right. It is about expanding the parimeters of our understanding of the greatness of God and how he planned out every detail before creation. When he placed the stars in the heavens, there paths, there gravitation pulls, there sizes, the way light reflects to earth, their axis and rotations, then  the prophecy, the words he shared with us and then kniwing he displayed this sign at this exact time:) The wonders of our God are worth pondering and meditating on and discovering the things he recored through time to share with us and show us.

• This is Worthy 1

21 hours ago, Reinitin said:

I love your line of thought and aditude. :) To me study isn't about knowing or being right. It is about expanding the parimeters of our understanding of the greatness of God and how he planned out every detail before creation. When he placed the stars in the heavens, there paths, there gravitation pulls, there sizes, the way light reflects to earth, their axis and rotations, then  the prophecy, the words he shared with us and then kniwing he displayed this sign at this exact time:) The wonders of our God are worth pondering and meditating on and discovering the things he recored through time to share with us and show us.

I have contended several times that more than likely, we all have egg on our face regarding these things.  I would not be surprised that we all have some aspects of these things wrong.  But if we can discuss them like brothers and work thru some of the minutia, we might actually get closer to the truth.  I know I have not held a static position on these things.  I have had to re-evaluate my position several times on various issues.  No one has an exclusive on the truth but God.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, OldCoot said:

I have contended several times that more than likely, we all have egg on our face regarding these things.  I would not be surprised that we all have some aspects of these things wrong.  But if we can discuss them like brothers and work thru some of the minutia, we might actually get closer to the truth.  I know I have not held a static position on these things.  I have had to re-evaluate my position several times on various issues.  No one has an exclusive on the truth but God.

Amen, judge nothing before it's time when the Lord appears we will see all that has been hidden. Then we can rightly judge.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, OldCoot said:

I agree.  It's refreshing to have a discussion sans contention and strife.  Even if someone's eschatology were completely accurate, it's nothing without love.  Love for one another is how all men will know that we are Christ's disciples.

Because sin will abound and the love of many will grow cold, let us consider how to stir one another to love and good works.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/15/2017 at 9:52 PM, Keras said:

the Marriage 

On 8/14/2017 at 5:54 PM, Diaste said:

Then the Marriage Supper is served, the flesh of the wicked men on earth is our glorious feast

Now this is about the worst interpretation of Bible prophecy I have ever seen. The very idea is so disgusting, I cannot comment further without violating forum rules.  

You misquoted. Revelationman said the above. An example of some of his more disgusting take on Revelation.