• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/27/2017 at 4:43 PM, Amore_Amibo said:

Hello everyone, I don't post here much, but I have a question for you guys. Have any of you ever had to deal with eye floaters?

For those who don't know, "floaters" are basically pieces of junk and protein that break off in your eyeball fluid, and you can see them floating around in your field of vision. A few years ago, I accidentally hit my left eye, and ever since then, I have a lot of them in my vision. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but those who have bad floaters know exactly what I'm talking about.

I've been to 3 doctors and they've all told me there's nothing they can do about it, and that I have to live with it for the rest of my life. It's very frustrating because I can't look at white surfaces or blue skies without seeing this junk and garbage flying around in my vision. Bright summer days are the worst. I'm still believing God for healing, but I am struggling and very frustrated. I've tried to talk to my family, but they think I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I feel alone. Has anyone else ever had to deal with these awful floaters? How were you able to manage them?

I have it. Have had it for many years. You will get used with it. After a while, you would not even notice it. I did not even realize those floaters until now. After reading about it, I can see it :) 

I would suggest not to worry too much and get into any risky procedures. It is such a small thing. Annoyance will go away pretty soon

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

My opthamologist treated me for a detached retina a couple of years ago and,yes, I had really bad floaters in my right eye.  I came close to blindness in that eye but the laser treatments my doctor performed have slowly returned my vision in that eye to nearly normal.  The floaters are almost gone so don't give up and just live with them.  Find another doctor because I'm living proof that something CAN be done.  Check all doctor's ratings on the Health Grades website before going to them.

As annoying as my floaters are, thankfully I don't have a detached retina or anything of that sort. My eye doctor did look into my eyes, and he said my eyes are perfectly healthy (floaters aside of course). So even though I hit my eye, it wasn't damaged or anything like that, thank goodness. 

And for those who say eye floaters are perfectly normal...they are, but not when you have a mass of them after accidentally hitting your left eye, and not when you have so many that they're interfering with everyday things like looking at a white surface or enjoying a sunny day. 

Edited by Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I agree that you can ignore them after time.  I have one that is so large the doctor can see it.  It is the least of my troubles.  If it is still this annoying after a year or two, you should look for help.  Meanwhile check out whether your insurance might cover it unless you have the thousands to spend on it.  

Guest BacKaran
On 3/30/2017 at 10:57 AM, Mea kakau said:

If you ever see floaters in a ring get to the ophthalmologist ASAP. That's something different than the typical floaters most people see.

Hi Mea, 

this is called macular degeneration and it's not a floater but a dead area in the eye. I forgot about this disease so you are correct, see an eye Dr ASAP! I have an aunt who has it and she needs to wear sunglasses all the time as get eyes are light sensitive. It's hard to imagine but you're unable to see directly in front of you, you can see off to the side but it's gotta be hard to deal with.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Here is the top search results, the start of a lifetime search (if not already done) >>> key words nutrition macular deg........

About 672,000 results

Researchers have linked lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc to reducing the risk of certain eye diseases, including age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Lutein and Zeaxanthin —Need 10 mg lutein and 2 mg zeaxanthin per day to slow AMD progression.

Nutrition and AMD - American Optometric Association

www.aoa.org/patients-and.../macular-degeneration/nutrition-and-amd

Food and Recipes Good for Macular Degeneration - AMDF

https://www.macular.org/good-food - Cached - Similar
Proper nutrition is critical to eye health, and it's important to know not only what to eat, but also how much. We've put together a cookbook – Eat Right for Your ...

Diet And Vitamins For AMD | Age Related Macular Degeneration ...

www.amd.org/can-diet-and-vitamins-help-macular-degeneration/ - Cached
You’ve been hearing a lot about vitamins to “reverse” macular degeneration or a diet that can prevent it. ... And, if you have macular degeneration, there is a proven supplement that may slow down the progression and the vision loss. ... People who eat a diet high in vegetables and

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, Amore_Amibo said:

Hello everyone, I don't post here much, but I have a question for you guys. Have any of you ever had to deal with eye floaters?

For those who don't know, "floaters" are basically pieces of junk and protein that break off in your eyeball fluid, and you can see them floating around in your field of vision. A few years ago, I accidentally hit my left eye, and ever since then, I have a lot of them in my vision. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but those who have bad floaters know exactly what I'm talking about.

I've been to 3 doctors and they've all told me there's nothing they can do about it, and that I have to live with it for the rest of my life. It's very frustrating because I can't look at white surfaces or blue skies without seeing this junk and garbage flying around in my vision. Bright summer days are the worst. I'm still believing God for healing, but I am struggling and very frustrated. I've tried to talk to my family, but they think I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I feel alone. Has anyone else ever had to deal with these awful floaters? How were you able to manage them?

The doctors where I live can remove the surgically if need be. Otherwise, you wait for them to leave, the floaters are a microscopic piece of gelatin that we are born with and tend to come off about 50-80yrs of age.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 5/3/2017 at 5:27 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

The doctors where I live can remove the surgically if need be. Otherwise, you wait for them to leave, the floaters are a microscopic piece of gelatin that we are born with and tend to come off about 50-80yrs of age.

Well the difference between my floaters and the ones that people get at around 50-80 yrs of age, is that those floaters come "normally", while mine came from an eye injury. Not to mention I'm very young for someone dealing with floaters...only 25 years old. I guess the best I can do is just try to live with it and stay positive.  

Edited by Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

Then that is how you people call it (floaters)... I was wondering about those tiny particles and lines I was seeing when I look at white or the blue sky.

Mine aren't that bad as I can live with them, but yours seem to be at higher level.

God bless you!

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Floaters can also be an indication that your retina is detaching, so if you are having them a visit to the opthamologist (Sp?) is highly advised.  If the retina detaches completely there is no repair, you will be blind in that eye.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, Amore_Amibo said:

Well the difference between my floaters and the ones that people get at around 50-80 yrs of age, is that those floaters come "normally", while mine came from an eye injury. Not to mention I'm very young for someone dealing with floaters...only 25 years old. I guess the best I can do is just try to live with it and stay positive.  

I am sorry to hear that, do you mind if I add you in my prayers?