IGNORED

Trump meets with Muslims, Jews, Pope - who represents all Christians?

BobRyan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, PlanetChee said:

Don't you find it odd that this thread is titled , Trump meets with Muslims, Jews, Pope, who represents all Christians. 

And what is featured is a video of then President Obama meeting with Francis. 

Not President Trump! 

I was thinking the same thing :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We do not need a power to observe the fruit and actions of a born again Christian. As Christians we are to be the salt and the light of this world. We are to make it obvious to those around us that we are followers of Jesus Christ. Please show me some examples of how Donald Trump has shown us that he is a born again Christian.

He does not have to meet your expectations in order to be a child of God known by name to God.  We should comport ourselves as members of Christs body and not worry about what we think others need to do to meet our approval in that. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

He does not have to meet your expectations in order to be a child of God known by name to God.  We should comport ourselves as members of Christs body and not worry about what we think others need to do to meet our approval in that. 

Amen :soapbox:

2 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Some people may have thought the same about John the Baptist.... Scripture must not be singled out... John the Baptist certainly did speak out against the evil deeds of the ruler in his day.  And I know that there are also some OT examples as well. 

Luke 3:14-20
14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse [any] falsely; and be content with your wages.
15 And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;
16 John answered, saying unto [them] all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
17 Whose fan [is] in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
18 And many other things in his exhortation preached he unto the people.
19 But Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by him for Herodias his brother Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,
20 Added yet this above all, that he shut up John in prison.

So perhaps, there is another meaning to the singled out Scripture?  

Exodus 22:28

“Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.”

The word "revile" in the original meaning...

Word: LLW

Pronounce: kaw-lal'

Strong: H7043

Orig: a primitive root; to be (causatively, make) light, literally (swift, small, sharp, etc.) or figuratively (easy, trifling, vile, etc.):--abate, make bright, bring into contempt, (ac-)curse, despise, (be) ease(-y, -ier), (be a, make, make somewhat, move, seem a, set) light(-en, -er, -ly, -ly afflict, -ly esteem, thing), X slight(-ly), be swift(-er), (be, be more, make, re-)vile, whet.

Use: TWOT-2028 Verb

Grk Strong: G447 G601 G821 G863 G1814 G1823 G2425 G2551 G2560 G2672 G2869 G2893 G3398 G4744 G5015 G5195

1. 1) to be slight, be swift, be trifling, be of little account, be light
    1a) (Qal)
    1a1) to be slight, be abated (of water)
    1a2) to be swift
    1a3) to be trifling, be of little account
    1b) (Niphal)
    1b1) to be swift, show oneself swift
    1b2) to appear trifling, be too trifling, be insignificant
    1b3) to be lightly esteemed
    1c) (Piel)
    1c1) to make despicable
    1c2) to curse
    1d) (Pual) to be cursed
    1e) (Hiphil)
    1e1) to make light, lighten
    1e2) to treat with contempt, bring contempt or dishonour
    1f) (Pilpel)
    1f1) to shake
    1f2) to whet
    1g) (Hithpalpel) to shake oneself, be moved to and fro

The word "gods" in the original meaning...

Word: MIDL@

Pronounce: el-o-heem'

Strong: H430

Orig: plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty. H433

Use: TWOT-93c Noun Masculine

Grk Strong: G2304 G2316 G2316 G2962

1. 1) (plural)
    1a) rulers, judges
    1b) divine ones
    1c) angels
    1d) gods
    2) (plural intensive-singular meaning)
    2a) god, goddess
    2b) godlike one
    2c) works or special possessions of God
    2d) the (true) God
    2e) God

I don't see anyone speaking a curse on Trump or any other ruler.  The Scripture actually speaks to one who has no regard for the office, makes lite, etc.  It does not in any way mean one cannot speak out against the evil works done by someone in office or place of rulership, as clearly, John the Baptist did and was killed for it.  A really great example is Daniel in how to behave when one's religious standards does not agree with those of a ruler.  

We are commanded to pray for those who have rule over us...

1 Timothy 2:1-3
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

John the Baptist condemned Herod because Herod was an Apostate Jew who had turned Pagan. 

Herod the Great has no semblance whatever to the Christian that is our President Donald Trump. And as has been said here already as a reminder of the TOS, it is against the rules to claim someone who professes Christ is not so.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, BobRyan said:

On Donald Trump's visits this week - ......

Who is the best person to represent "All Christians" in the world? --

Well,   did you find out ?   Mostly "of the world" ?  i.e. Worldly 'Christendom' ?

Remember the best messenger(s) of YHWH ,  (soon?),

or both of them picked by YHWH, sent by YHWH, 

in YHWH'S WORD, 

GREATLY UPSETS the whole world - the world even parties for 3 days when they die/are 'killed'/  .....

not at all accepting the world/ nations/ people's great wickednesses and idolatries and sorceries and witchcrafts ...

(Revelation )

9 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
Although neither of you have never said a kind word to me, I love you both.... is there not a place for kindness and brotherly love here?  What I said was strictly Scriptural ... there should be no strife.

Hebrews 13:1

“Let brotherly love continue.”

That is unfair. I have never said an unkind word to you. Correcting an error is not unkind. Ignoring error so that the wrong information is retained thought to be truth is unkind. 

Just now, PlanetChee said:

That is unfair. I have never said an unkind word to you. Correcting an error is not unkind. Ignoring error so that the wrong information is retained thought to be truth is unkind. 

That's why the two witnesses,   and everyone who takes a stand for truth,   is hated by the world.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We do not need a power to observe the fruit and actions of a born again Christian. As Christians we are to be the salt and the light of this world. We are to make it obvious to those around us that we are followers of Jesus Christ. Please show me some examples of how Donald Trump has shown us that he is a born again Christian.

He's only required to be accountable to God....not us.  We can have whatever opinions of him we please but, in the end, they don't matter at all, faithwise.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

24 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
Although neither of you have never said a kind word to me, I love you both.... is there not a place for kindness and brotherly love here?  What I said was strictly Scriptural ... there should be no strife.

Hebrews 13:1

“Let brotherly love continue.”

I've never said an unkind word to you either, Abby Joy.  Disagreement is NOT the same as just being mean.  Try not to take things personally unless they contain the word 'you'.  I surely don't.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Proverbs%2023%3A13 - Cached - Similar

Don't fail to correct your children; discipline won't hurt them! They won't die if you use a stick on them! Punishment will keep them out of hell.