• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Truth is very hard to find on these forums.

What experiences would you be referring to that cause you to think that way? 
The truth will always find you if you read the Bible. :) :emot-hug: God be with you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

What experiences would you be referring to that cause you to think that way? 
The truth will always find you if you read the Bible. :) :emot-hug: God be with you. 

Easy: just read through any thread! You will find a dozen opposing views.

It is not the scriptures themselves: God's inspired Word is always truth. The problem is how people read it.

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

2 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Easy: just read through any thread! You will find a dozen opposing views.

It is not the scriptures themselves: God's inspired Word is always truth. The problem is now people read it.

Amen. So true. I get a kick out of atheists, agnostics  and philosophers who tell Christians what the Bible actually says.

58 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

According to many Bible scholars and historians the great whore is identified as a great religious system, the RCC, which they claim will fulfil Rev. 17 and dominate the Antichrist for a short time during his rise over the ten kings and until the middle of the Week. Then the beast and the ten kings will destroy her Rev. 17:9-17. Even Catholic divines admit Rev. 17 is a description of their church. See the writing s of Cardinal Ballimor and the French Prelate, Boussuet. She has a name on her forhead, "Mystery Babylon The Great."

Many bible scholars are simply mistaken. John has it right, for he was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Why is it theories seem to supersede what is written?

Rev. 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

You see, John TELLS US what the correct answer is. I guess it is just too simple for some to believe it. Few will argue that the Catholic church is in ways like Babylon. But John and the Holy Spirit are talking about a specific time and place: JERUSALEM during the days of great tribulation.

What will happen to all the Buddhists, Muslims, Hindu's and others in false religions - during these last 3 1/2 years? John tells us they will ALL love the Beast and worship him. In other words, these other false religions will all merge into the one, when they think they see the real God of creation with miracles to prove it. They will take the mark and bow to the image. So the WORLD will be deceived - and it will all come from Jerusalem.

8 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I find the truth in the Word of God, the Bible.

But do you BELIEVE it? Case in point: Mystery Babylon. John tells us it is "that great city." and in the very same book, he tells us HIS meaning of "great city" is Jerusalem.

Sorry, but "false religion" does not fit "that great city."

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

3 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Many bible scholars are simply mistaken. John has it right, for he was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Why is it theories seem to supersede what is written?

Rev. 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

You see, John TELLS US what the correct answer is. I guess it is just too simple for some to believe it. Few will argue that the Catholic church is in ways like Babylon. But John and the Holy Spirit are talking about a specific time and place: JERUSALEM during the days of great tribulation.

What will happen to all the Buddhists, Muslims, Hindu's and others in false religions - during these last 3 1/2 years? John tells us they will ALL love the Beast and worship him. In other words, these other false religions will all merge into the one, when they think they see the real God of creation with miracles to prove it. They will take the mark and bow to the image. So the WORLD will be deceived - and it will all come from Jerusalem.

I did not say what you have quoted there to my name credit. That was Hazard. See below:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Just now, iamlamad said:

But do you BELIEVE it? Case in point: Mystery Babylon. John tells us it is "that great city." and in the very same book, he tells us HIS meaning of "great city" is Jerusalem.

Sorry, but "false religion" does not fit "that great city."

What was the mystery Babylon that Peter referred to? Was it Rome, as the Catholics claim, or something else?

8 hours ago, HAZARD said:

God forces no one to believe. We are free to choose who we will follow. The Antichrist is the one who tries to force people to believe. Not God.

The word "all," in Rev. 13 is simply part of a figure of speech called a "synecdoche" in which a part is used for a whole and a whole for a part. It is frequently used in Scripture as in these examples.

"I, even I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy ALL flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die" Gen. 6 : 17.

If we took this literally as men do in Rev. 13, we would have Noah and his family and all the animals in the ark dead, for they were also under heaven and in the earth and yet did not die.

Another example of many; "And the utterly destroyed ALL that was in the city, both men and women," referring to the people in Jericho when the wall fell, but the "all" here must be understood in a limited sense, for Rahab and her people were spared (Josh 6:21-25).

"David and "ALL" the house of Israel played before the Lord" and "brought up the ark" 2 Sam. 6:5, 15, yet not all Israel did this for many did not know how to play instruments and many were too young and still many were not even gathered at that one place.

It is spoken of Nebuchadnezzar that God made him ruler over ALL men, but ancient Babylon ruled only over part of the Earth (Dan. 2:37, 38; 4:1, 11, 12, 20). He never reigned over Greece, Rome, and many other lands at that time. In Dan. 2:39 Greece is spoken of as ruling "over ALL the Earth" but Greece never reigned over Italy, Spain, and many other countries at that time. In Dan. 7:23, Rome is spoken as ruling over the"WHOLE EARTH," but we all know that did not include many tribes and nations on the Earth, so "all" in these passages simply means all the people in part of the earth ruled by these kingdoms.

In Matt. 3:5, 6 we read, "Then went out to him Jerusalem, and ALL Judea, and ALL the region round the Jordan, and were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins," but we know that the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and many in all these parts were not baptized of John. Many women, children, the sick, and others of all classes never even saw John, much less were they baptized by him in Jordan It simply means a great many from these parts were baptized by John.

There are many other examples such as these few which I can give from the bible.

This is one post of yours I can agree with! Good job! We know the exception to all who will be deceived by the Beast are those whose names are written in the book.

Just now, Swords99 said:

What was the mystery Babylon that Peter referred to? Was it Rome, as the Catholics claim, or something else?

I think the Catholic church.

Just now, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I did not say what you have quoted there to my name credit. That was Hazard. See below:

Sorry, my mistake.