• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

44 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I agree that yoga is an evil dangerous practice. I dont have a problem with saying that it is!

But I do have a problem with false claims.

No reason to be a fear monger. Many have ignorantly made bad choices . The church is instructed to  gently restore brothers and sisters  back on the right path.  We dont crack the whip with people who are ignorant to the truth and may  not be doing things that align with Gods words.

Christ was gentle with those who were humble and he was fierce with those who were full of pride and rebellion.

Your assertion that yoga is 1 number stress relief drug and renders one lukewarm is non factual on two counts and just plain hyperbole.  Yoga may be a symptom of ignorance . The root is lack of knowledge from not applying oneself to the word of God!

One book doesnt make your claim factual either . It is one persons OPINION.

You are citing your opinion against my opinion which is supported by Wikipedia, a former Hindu and daughter of Hindu teacher, and a book that has scholars and experts who different scholars for each chapter (not one man writing the book). In addition, its not hyperbole to express the danger of idolatry, Here is Jesus own words on idolatry which is Yoga, "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8). 

As for cracking the whip, I did no such thing, that is your perception of what I did. I was warning person of the dangers of Yoga (am I suppose to dilute facts?). 

Jesus actually cracked a whip and cleansed the Temple (John 2:13-22, Matthew 21:12-17). As for being gentle to the humble, He rebuked his own disciple Peter, "Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns," (Matthew 16:23), "You unbelieving generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me," (Mark 9:19), "He was told, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wanting to see You, He replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice," (Luke 8:20-21), "As he was saying these things, many believed in him. So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’ 34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave[b] to sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. 38 I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father. They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, 40 but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41 You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.” (John 8:31-47, feeling like Jesus here with your accusations), "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[e] as yourselves," (Matthew 23:13), "23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs that he was doing. 24 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people 25 and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man," (John 2:23-25), "When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him,[f] and he was deeply troubled. 34 “Where have you put him?” he asked them, 38 Jesus was still angry as he arrived at the tomb, a cave with a stone rolled across its entrance. 39 “Roll the stone aside,” Jesus told them," (John 11:33-34, 38), "13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten[a]Me up," (John 2:13-17), ""But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first! Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first. But if you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place," (Revelation 2:4-5), "54When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do You want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them? But Jesus turned and rebuked them." (Luke 9:54-55). Jesus was upfront and rebuked people, and was angry with people in error. Yes is is merciful, but He is also Justice, both are foundations of His Throne. I am so tired of Greasy Grace God or Severe Angry God being how people compartmentalize Jesus, He is both Love (1 John 4:8) and He is Truth (John 14:6) that chastises people ("Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent."- Revelation 3:19). 

Few notice that Truth and Love are together, "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth [alétheia, truth, but not merely truth as spoken; truth of idea, reality, sincerity, truth in the moral sphere, divine truth revealed to man, straightforwardness]." (1 Corinthians 13:6). And notice that Grace and Truth come from Jesus (John 1:17). Truth is justice and exposes evil and dangerous perils. 

My original post which didn't just cite the book that you omitted: 

"Yoga is a tenant and spiritual practice of Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism (see Wikipedia). In fact, Yoga means to be yoked to Brahmin (chief god of Hinduism, Vishnu and Shiva come out of Brahmin and so do 330 Million other gods) and Buddha was a avatar of Braham (Buddhism and Hinduism have major connections, even though they are enemies; I see them as equivalent of Shias and Sunnis in Islam; except they claim to be different religions). [World Religions and Cults Volume 2, Chapter 4]. 

A friend of mine was the daughter of Sheik (priest of Hinduism) and she will have nothing to do with Yoga now that she is Christian because she knows the positions in Yoga and its other practices worship the gods of Hinduism. 

Stay away from Yoga, which is number one stress relief drug that is splitting families and making people lukewarm, "But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!" (Revelation 3:16)." : 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

13 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

You are citing your opinion against my opinion which is supported by Wikipedia,

Now THAT is funny! wiki ? LOL

Look, I said what  I meant. I meant what I said. You must not have understood what I said or maybe you didnt read it at all. It is a reasonable approach and not the frenzied hyper bole you present!  Your wall of text does not change my viewpoint nor is it impressive.

Acting like a religious crazy person doesnt change anyones views.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

The spirit attached to yoga is indeed evil.  Satan is cunning and crafty. He will try to convince people that some yoga moves are not really yoga. Once we open that door and let those demons into our lives, we must pray to be delivered from them. Dont go there in the first place.

Walk! Just walk in place or wherever. Ride a bike or stationary bike. Stay away from any semblance of yoga. Play pickle ball or croquet. There are all kinds of activities for those who are really active or not really active at all. Just MOVE!! Recite scripture while your at it. Memorize Gods word. Get busy ignoring this lie pinned on you  from the pit of hell!

I encourage you to fill your heart and mind with the word of God. Read the bible, listen to audio bible , listen to hymns focusing on scripture etc. Fill your mind with all things good pure and holy . Phil 4:8

I believe ocd and hocd is  a SPIRITUAL PROBLEM. It is a demon called ANXIETY. Its all in your mind and that is why I think it is a spiritual problem. Where does satan attack us? The mind!  ie ephesians 6.

Strengthen your armor. Change your focus. It is a process but I know you can do it because I DID.

Please hear me out!

I also think it would be beneficial to apply your mind to a craft or something you like to do when you feel overcome by overly focusing on something which is being out of control. Make it a point to fight those urges and replace the urge with something else. I may not be explaining myself properly but I am merely saying "to not" reinforce the behavior but try to remove it by replacing it with something healthy. It is a process and in time with perseverance and hard work  it will all but vanish from your life because you havent given it power to control you! You can do all things through Christ who will strengthen you. Use Christ' strength. Ask for it!

God can help you overcome this false identity satan has pinned on you and convinced you that it is part of you!

If you tell yourself or even reinforce a behavior with comments like  "the second is so intense that I just cant get the thoughts out of my mind"; you are self defeating.

You are speaking a false narrative about yourself influenced by a demon whispering in your mind. If you are reborn again in Christ you are a new creation. You have been given a sound mind. The word of God is our means to the source.

Dont reinforce the behavior by agreeing with it. It is a spiritual problem. It is a FALSE IDENTITY.

Instead say" I am victorious in Christ and this ocd and hocd is not of God! I will be free from it because God has told me I have a sound mind. Say"in the past I have struggled. But now I am on my way to being free of it!"

I wouldnt be surprised if you told me that a worldly doctor diagnosed you with these things. They dont base their thinking on scripture but that of a worldly philosophy .They probably prescribed you with meds which renders you under the influence of a drug. Its all in the design to keep you in bondage to the revolving door of "yes you have this" and "take this pill "and then "take this pill because this pill has side affects" so "take this pill" to help with that!

I speak from experience! God set me free from all kinds of  poison the worldly doctors pinned on me. I went through 10 yrs of serious depression because  throughout that time span;I lost two brothers and my mom and dad. It started at age 38 and through age 49.  I had every reason to be depressed!I was in a never ending (it felt like) grieving process!  Every couple of years someone in my family was dying and at fairly young ages! I didnt all of a sudden become bi polar! I was sad! I was sad and rightfully so.

I wasnt bi polar or anything else. I needed more Jesus in my life!  I was a self medicating addict who trusted the worlds system when in fact they only placed me in a false identity for worldly monetary gain. They made all kinds of money off of me!  I was SPIRITUALLY SICK.  I  needed my savior to help me. It wasnt until I learned to be obedient and not a rebellious wild woman that he helped me! God answers the prayers of the righteous. He most certainly does.

I was trapped in all kinds of mind haze with zanax and other drugs.  I have been free for 5 yrs now! Praise the Lord! It was a slow process of weaning off class 1 narcotics but God helped me all along the way. I have NOT ONCE gone off the rails so to speak as I did when being on all those drugs and under the care of whacked out worldly doctors! I needed Jesus and not worldly philosophy and mind numbing drugs. I applied myself to serious bible study . The word is the lamp unto my feet and the light unto my path! I can testify!! Can I get an amen?!

You can be set free. It will be a process but you have to believe that this isnt the "you God said you are in HIM".

You have to have the faith of a child that God can set you free from the chains that bind you. Are you ready to embrace the truth ?

I know I will get some flack from some  for saying what I have  but it does not change the truth. The issue to be addressed is the false identity satan gave you and why you agree with it and why you reinforce it? Up until now you did so out of "not understanding" . Now you have been given another way to look at it. I really do hope you pursue this in Gods word and prayer.

We are attacked through our minds. God didnt give us a spirit of ocd or hocd. It is an anxiety problem at the root.

I hope that I havent made you upset but given you a fresh perspective. Pray for the LORD to help you see your new identity which is in part ,self control!

2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

“Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” John 14:27

“I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4

Resist the devil and he will flees from you....................

Blessings

Amen sister.  The Lord is merciful and kind.....He has compassion on those who are trapped in various bondages of the mind.......His word is indeed a light unto our path to help us find our way back to Him in any area where we have gone awry.  Psychology of man says that we are victims.........whereas notice that the word doesn't say we are victims, it says we are sinners.  Because usually when there is a bondage it has to do with either believing lies or how we tried to cope on our own.....and this comes without condemning anybody, but God calls this sin, because in truth we always had the the choice of turning to Him with our problems and dilemmas instead of going our own way or believing lies of the enemy.  So the way back is through seeking the Lord, repentance, confessing our sin and asking Him to break the snare, because only He can.  Asking Him to speak to the problem through His word, reveal what it is and put His finger on what it is in truth, as HE sees it, and not man or psychology.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen sister.  The Lord is merciful and kind.....He has compassion on those who are trapped in various bondages of the mind.......His word is indeed a light unto our path to help us find our way back to Him in any area where we have gone awry.  Psychology of man says that we are victims.........whereas notice that the word doesn't say we are victims, it says we are sinners.  Because usually when there is a bondage it has to do with either believing lies or how we tried to cope on our own.....and this comes without condemning anybody, but God calls this sin, because in truth we always had the the choice of turning to Him with our problems and dilemmas instead of going our own way or believing lies of the enemy.  So the way back is through seeking the Lord, repentance, confessing our sin and asking Him to break the snare, because only He can.  Asking Him to speak to the problem through His word, reveal what it is and put His finger on what it is in truth, as HE sees it, and not man or psychology.

ah yeah if the church hadnt been so austere and irrelevant maybe i wouldn't have mixed things up a lot. i was/am hungry for meaning and the church was not where it was/is at.........................................

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Yoga is not magic. But can lead to Hindu religion.  The Hindu religion is idolatry.  I use to do power yoga which the NFL teams practice in some cases . But the hardcore yoga can be bad. I have not made up my mind. 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/19/2017 at 2:08 PM, mat007 said:

Question: Is it evil? I've heard some people saying that Yoga can bring demonic influence to people.

Yes, and yes, it does even before starting it - just thinking about it comes via the influence of the enemy of Christ.

This is because of the demonic and satanic origins of it, and the associations today that remain with it,  as it is often if not always "the appearance of evil" and also often "evil" because of depending /trusting something apart from God that is often if not always opposed to TRUTH/GOD/JESUS.

Anyway,  it is like white-washed tombs (hidden dangers) , or quicksand - can you recognize quicksand apart from the sound soil around it ? (no) Likewise the 'spirit' behind such things is like (only worse than) a chameleon and cannot be seen by the eyes nor heard by the ears,  except if and when Yahweh reveals this.

Trust in Yahweh entirely to be always safe and kept guarded by Him as His Word Says Daily.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/23/2017 at 11:50 AM, Heleadethme said:
On 9/22/2017 at 12:12 PM, Blueyedjewel said:

The spirit attached to y**a is indeed evil.  Satan is cunning and crafty. He will try to convince people that some y**a moves are not really y**a. Once we open that door and let those demons into our lives, we must pray to be delivered from them. Dont go there in the first place.

Walk! Just walk in place or wherever.

Ride a bike or stationary bike.

Stay away from any semblance of y**a.

Play pickle ball or croquet.

There are all kinds of activities for those who are really active or not really active at all.

Just MOVE!!

Recite scripture while your at it.

Memorize Gods word.

Get busy ignoring this lie <<about y**a >> pinned on you  from the pit of hell! <<DROP IT FAST>>

Amein!  And one of the best exercises for low cost and little time per week is the little trampoline(like 4' wide and 8" tall) -  jumping on it for 10 minutes ,   3 times a week.  (more is okay , but not usually needed).

Doctors have recognized that this is better exercise for the heart and muscle coordination than swimming , horse-back riding, and walking,  which says a lot for it as is also borne out in experience.....

JUST HOLD ON TO SOMETHING if the balance while jumping on it is not very steady - and don't try jumping high,  just a little effort continued thru the week produces great results !

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

Is yoga evil?

Yes. It comes from the demonic Hindu religion which is about idols and worshiping different gods. You can't "Christianize" yoga anymore than you can "Christianize" Saturnalia.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Is yoga evil?

Yes. It comes from the demonic Hindu religion which is about idols and worshiping different gods. You can't "Christianize" yoga anymore than you can "Christianize" Saturnalia. Doing so is an abomination to God.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Is yoga evil?

Yes. It comes from the demonic Hindu religion which is about idols and worshiping different gods. You can't "Christianize" yoga anymore than you can "Christianize" Saturnalia.

If it's only exercise and practices without a spiritual part is it still evil?  In that case, it looks simply like exercise much like martial arts, football, or basketball.  Any of those could, of course, be turned evil by adding parts to it beyond the exercise.  The same goes for many social clubs, churches, sport events, and more.