IGNORED

An unprecedented event: would you join this?

listener24

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I don't think the idea of this thread is to watch.

It appears that the op was wanting Christians throughout the world to pray for Jesus to come so he would go ahead and come.

I havnt seen anything in this thread about anyone watching which is something Jesus commanded.

OH dear you aint the first to assume i have read something i have not .   I have not read any of this thread .   just a few posts and not the op.

A dear sister assumed this on another site too.  I really am going to have to start reading , so as none will get confused and think i agree with something i don't.

be blessed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,583
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

20 hours ago, listener24 said:

"knock and the door will be opened to you."

Imagine this unprecedented event.
Christians, from all over the world, 
united physically in congregations,
united virtually through technology,
united spiritually in the Holy Ghost,
praying together with a clear, unified intention: shortening, hastening the Return of the Lord (Peter 3:12, 
Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13)
Wouldn’t the Lord be quick, in fulfilling their holy prayer?

“[…] And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 
And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting 
them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. 
However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

This is not happening already, but we can make it happen.

SUMMARY 

1 - Brief history of the Church
2 – God wants men to cooperate his plans
3 – The importance of prayer and the Lord’s prayer
4 – The Rapture
5 – While in the world
6 – Warnings
7 – Avoid misconceptions
8 – An unprecedented event

Along the history, many spiritual leaders did not listen to (Matthew 23:9-10)And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.”

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that many false teachings did spread for centuries. Nor it is a surprise that 
true Christians come to a better understanding of some concepts through centuries, because luckily some of them 
are able to get rid of the false teachings they have received. Indeed, luckily some listened to Matthew 23:9-10. 

Moreover, Jesus said (John 16:12):I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he 
will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.Thus, an increasing understanding, founded on the Gospels and never contradicting them, is to be expected 
through history.

Even though God could do everything alone, by not waiting his followers to align their will to His will, still 
he wants men to decide to cooperate with Him, to proceed in His salvation Plan. 
For those who knows the Scriptures, it’s not needed to quote the countless times in which God waited for men 
to turn to Him, and adhere His plan, before making things happen. Because being a loving Father, he doesn’t 
force His will upon men.

Point 2 on cooperation between God and men, is one of the reasons why Jesus stressed so much the importance 
of prayer. To be short, we only quote some passages, but there are countless ones in the Gospels alone:
(Matthew 7:7) 
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
(John 16:24)
“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”

Of course, we need to make prayers aligned with God’s will. But even if something is already in God’s will, 
it’s really important for us to pray for it, because the Lord don’t want to force his gifts upon us, but want 
us to desire Him. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be any need for any prayer whatsoever. 

Now, what’s the only prayer that the Lord directly taught us? The Lord’s prayer.
Let’s examine some passages:
“your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
[…]
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Now, let’s think about it, by knowing the Scriptures. When and how can the Lord completely fulfill these 
requests? Could they be fulfilled while we are still on earth?

4 – The Rapture

It doesn’t take a leap of imagination, to realize that the Lord’s prayer promises will be fully fulfilled only 
with the Rapture and His Second Coming.
[Even the only apparently not messianic request about the “bread”, is translated somewhere as “the bread of 
tomorrow”, thus indicating the bread of the Kingdom.]

Now, it’s not a purpose of this work to choose which interpretation of the Second Coming is more Scriptural. 
Whatever it is, pre/post/multi/anti/tribulation,this is not the point here.

The point is that only in the Last Day, the Lord will fully fulfill the Lord’s prayer requests. 

Now, are we aware of this? Are we, most Christians, praying that prayer with full intention and awareness, 
with the awareness that we are asking the Lord, according to His will, to shorten the days of His coming?

It doesn’t seem like this awareness has been fully reached so far, but now the times may be arrived. 
Now this intention can be shared to Christians all over the earth. 

And it’s nothing new, it’s something fully Scriptural (Peter 3:12, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13), 
it’s just a better understanding of the power of our prayer in the name of Jesus. 

We are not predicting the day or the hour, and we’ll never try to do it.

There is no needing of knowing the day nor the our, to ask the Lord to come quick, according to His will. 

How powerful would be this prayer, shouted by all His elects?

What if some wise pastors could be able to share this intention to Christians all over the world, and all 
together we could pray “Come”, and “Deliver us from evil”, with the full understanding that we are asking for 
the Rapture, instead of passively waiting for it? 

This would be an unprecedented event in History, since so far most Christians have passively waited for it

5 – While in the world

Asking for the rapture, doesn’t cut off any obligation for a true Christian life.
Before Jesus returns, we’ll still have the obligation to love everyone, serve other people, improve the 
society, improve ourself, spread the Gospel. All of these commandments are in the Gospel and are immutable. 
At the same time, with this prayer, we clarify our intention to God, we tell Him that we are ready, and it 
is now time for our plans to align with His plans, and that we fully want and responsibly request His return 
for the elects.

6 – Warnings

Unfortunately, there will always be some Christians who don’t really want the Lord to come soon. They are 
not excited at all about Heaven. Exactly like in these Parables:

(Luke 14:15-20)
“When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat 
at the feast in the kingdom of God.”
Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the 
banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ “But they 
all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please 
excuse me.’ “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please 
excuse me.’ “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

(Luke 19:14)
"But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.'

(John 12:43)
“For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.”

But other Christians who aspire to Heaven, would have no reason to not pray this prayer. In the worst case, 
it will have no effect. In the best case, how glad we will be, to see the Lord coming quick for us.

7 – Avoid misconceptions

Q: “Does praying the Lord to come quick, mean that we don’t trust His promise that He will come?”
A: “Absolutely not. The Lord knew the future. He knew about the prayers from His elects, and that he wouldn’t 
wait to fulfill them. Exactly as in countless other situations, in which the Lord has waited for men to ask Him 
for what is good. (Matthew 15:21-28). We are sure that His promise will be fulfilled, but we want to be among the 
ones that have aligned with His will and asked Him to fulfill it quickly.”

Q: “Are we forcing the Lord to do something not in His will? Doesn’t He know the Right Time?”
A: “He knows the Right Time, and we don’t know according to which criteria He has decided it. But maybe, 
when He decided it, part of the weight for the decision, came from considering the prayers of His elects 
(Peter 3:12, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13, Luke 18:1-8). Exactly as in other situations, He gave importance 
and weight to the will of his disciples and prophets, when aligned to His will”

Q: “Are Christians praying this prayer exempt to contribute to society, and to spend their lives serving 
others until the Lord come?”
A: “Absolutely not. A real Christian will follow all Jesus words,not only ones about prayer,respect the 
laws of his country, and will spend His life helping other people, so that when the Lord will come, he 
will find him ready.” (Matthew 24:45-51)
“Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them 
meat in due season?Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not 
aware of,And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping 
and gnashing of teeth.”

Q: “Will shortening the return of the Lord prevent some people from salvation?”
A: “First off, remember that there will never be a moment on earth in which everyone will be Christian, 
before the rapture. It is not written anywhere. On the contrary, it is written about an increasingly 
diminishing of faith. Moreover, people who haven’t met Christ but are seeking for the Truth in their hearts, 
and are loving their brothers, will be likely raptured too. 
Exactly as some other righteous people like Socrates, will be raised in the last day, while evil people who 
are not seeking for repentance because they don’t have the seed of repentance in their hearts, will be left. 
Therefore, there is no such risk in shortening the day. Otherwise, the Lord wouldn’t have taught us this prayer.”

Q:”What about theological and philosophical implications of the Rapture? Why someone is taken and someone 
else left?”
A: “These are not treated here. They will be treated in other works, and some wise pastors will be able 
to answer this, by following the Scriptures”

If most Christian living today will share this intention, and pray together for it, this will be an 
unprecedented even in the history of the world.
If the rapture happened centuries ago, it would have likely remained unexplained and not testified everywhere. 
But nowadays, thanks to technologies and to the Gospel spread everywhere, it will be testified to people of 
all nations, and everyone will know what happened. 

Now, our hope is that some wise pastor, who spent his life in the hope of Jesus’ Return, will actively spread 
this prayer and this intention among other pastors and Christians, so that all of us may be reunited under 
the Lord’s prayer, and pray together, with full intention and understanding and without the usual countless 
distractions and desires:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name, 
thy kingdom come, 
thy will be done, 
on earth as it is in heaven. 

Give us this day the bread of tomorrow. 
And forgive us our trespasses, 
as we forgive those
who trespass against us. 

And lead us not into temptation, 
but deliver us from evil. 

Maranatha. 
Our Lord, come!

maranatha.pdf

Shalom, listener24, and welcome!

You've forgotten a key ingredient. In fact, you ALL have forgotten the key ingredient! To whom was Yeshua` ("Jesus") speaking? If your goal is to hasten the Lord's return, you've got to remember what He said and to whom:

Matthew 23:37-39
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till (until) ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

And, His last sentence contains a quotation from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

The Hebrew of this phrase is "Baruwkh haba' b-shem YHWH."

Baruwkh = Blessed/Happy/Welcome
haba' = the-Comer
b-shem = in-[the]-name
YHWH = of-YHWH/of-the-LORD.

And, as I've explained in other threads, the words "Baruwkh haba'" appear in all the seaports and airports of Israel in the plural:

sign_welcome1.jpg

They are in their WELCOME signs! "Baruwkhiym haba'iym!" "Welcome, comers!" So, Yeshua` was talking to the Jews of Jerusalem and telling them that He wouldn't return until THEY could say, Welcome, Comer on the authority of YHWH!"

And, there's more!

Edited by Retrobyter

Shalom, again, listener24.

Look again at Matthew 24:14:

Matthew 24:9-14
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
KJV

Quite frankly, this is NOT what people call the "gospel" today. It is the "gospel of the KINGDOM!" (And, "kingdom" is NOT a reference to the so-called "Church," either!) It's the same "gospel" to which Yeshua` referred throughout His "earthly ministry" of about 3.5 years:

Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching (Greek: keerussoon = "heralding") the gospel (Greek: euaggelion =  "good news" or "news about good things") of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying,
The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand (Greek: eeggiken = "is within your grasp"): repent ye, and believe the gospel.
KJV

This happened very soon in Yeshua`s "earthly ministry" for it didn't take Herod long to lock up John the Baptist for Herodias' sake. Also, Yeshua` didn't have to EXPLAIN what this "gospel" was! The Jews to whom His ministry was extended already KNEW what it was:

Isaiah 52:7
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
KJV

Furthermore, this is NOT the same "salvation" that is called "salvation" today! How many people at the beginning of Yeshua`s "earthly ministry" even KNEW He was going to die, let alone believed it, or accepted it? Kefa (Peter) sure didn't, even late in Yeshua`s "ministry":

Mark 8:29-33
29 And he saith unto them,
 But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ (the Messiah).
30 And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.
31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying,
Get thee behind me, Satan (Hebrew for "Enemy"): for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
KJV

So, how could this "gospel" be the "death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ," as is often used for the definition of "gospel?" And, no, this is not the "different gospel" that Paul warned about because this was the ORIGINAL gospel which Yeshua` heralded!

And, Paul, too, was referring to Yeshua`s gospel of the Kingdom in Romans 10:13:

Romans 10:8-15
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Joel 2:32.)
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! (Isaiah 52:7 listed above.)
KJV

And, to what does Joel 2:32 refer?

Joel 2:23-3:3
23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
3 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them (will judge them) there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.
3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.
KJV

THIS is the "salvation" or "deliverance" or "RESCUE" to which Paul was referring!

Therefore, ...

WE HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO PREACH THIS "GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM" TO WHICH YESHUA` WAS REFERRING IN MATTHEW 24!

Edited by Retrobyter

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, listener24 said:

"knock and the door will be opened to you."

Imagine this unprecedented event.
Christians, from all over the world, 
united physically in congregations,
united virtually through technology,
united spiritually in the Holy Ghost,
praying together with a clear, unified intention: shortening, hastening the Return of the Lord (Peter 3:12, 
Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13)
Wouldn’t the Lord be quick, in fulfilling their holy prayer?

“[…] And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 
And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting 
them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. 
However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

This is not happening already, but we can make it happen.

SUMMARY 

4 – The Rapture
5 – While in the world
6 – Warnings
7 – Avoid misconceptions

Along the history, many spiritual leaders did not listen to (Matthew 23:9-10)And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.”

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that many false teachings did spread for centuries. Nor it is a surprise that 
true Christians come to a better understanding of some concepts through centuries, because luckily some of them 
are able to get rid of the false teachings they have received. Indeed, luckily some listened to Matthew 23:9-10. 

Moreover, Jesus said (John 16:12):I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he 
will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.Thus, an increasing understanding, founded on the Gospels and never contradicting them, is to be expected 
through history.

Even though God could do everything alone, by not waiting his followers to align their will to His will, still 
he wants men to decide to cooperate with Him, to proceed in His salvation Plan. 
For those who knows the Scriptures, it’s not needed to quote the countless times in which God waited for men 
to turn to Him, and adhere His plan, before making things happen. Because being a loving Father, he doesn’t 
force His will upon men.

Point 2 on cooperation between God and men, is one of the reasons why Jesus stressed so much the importance 
of prayer. To be short, we only quote some passages, but there are countless ones in the Gospels alone:
(Matthew 7:7) 
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
(John 16:24)
“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”

Of course, we need to make prayers aligned with God’s will. But even if something is already in God’s will, 
it’s really important for us to pray for it, because the Lord don’t want to force his gifts upon us, but want 
us to desire Him. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be any need for any prayer whatsoever. 

Now, what’s the only prayer that the Lord directly taught us? The Lord’s prayer.
Let’s examine some passages:
“your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
[…]
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Now, let’s think about it, by knowing the Scriptures. When and how can the Lord completely fulfill these 
requests? Could they be fulfilled while we are still on earth?

4 – The Rapture

It doesn’t take a leap of imagination, to realize that the Lord’s prayer promises will be fully fulfilled only 
with the Rapture and His Second Coming.
[Even the only apparently not messianic request about the “bread”, is translated somewhere as “the bread of 
tomorrow”, thus indicating the bread of the Kingdom.]

Now, it’s not a purpose of this work to choose which interpretation of the Second Coming is more Scriptural. 
Whatever it is, pre/post/multi/anti/tribulation,this is not the point here.

The point is that only in the Last Day, the Lord will fully fulfill the Lord’s prayer requests. 

Now, are we aware of this? Are we, most Christians, praying that prayer with full intention and awareness, 
with the awareness that we are asking the Lord, according to His will, to shorten the days of His coming?

It doesn’t seem like this awareness has been fully reached so far, but now the times may be arrived. 
Now this intention can be shared to Christians all over the earth. 

And it’s nothing new, it’s something fully Scriptural (Peter 3:12, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13), 
it’s just a better understanding of the power of our prayer in the name of Jesus. 

We are not predicting the day or the hour, and we’ll never try to do it.

There is no needing of knowing the day nor the our, to ask the Lord to come quick, according to His will. 

How powerful would be this prayer, shouted by all His elects?

What if some wise pastors could be able to share this intention to Christians all over the world, and all 
together we could pray “Come”, and “Deliver us from evil”, with the full understanding that we are asking for 
the Rapture, instead of passively waiting for it? 

This would be an unprecedented event in History, since so far most Christians have passively waited for it

5 – While in the world

Asking for the rapture, doesn’t cut off any obligation for a true Christian life.
Before Jesus returns, we’ll still have the obligation to love everyone, serve other people, improve the 
society, improve ourself, spread the Gospel. All of these commandments are in the Gospel and are immutable. 
At the same time, with this prayer, we clarify our intention to God, we tell Him that we are ready, and it 
is now time for our plans to align with His plans, and that we fully want and responsibly request His return 
for the elects.

6 – Warnings

Unfortunately, there will always be some Christians who don’t really want the Lord to come soon. They are 
not excited at all about Heaven. Exactly like in these Parables:

(Luke 14:15-20)
“When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat 
at the feast in the kingdom of God.”
Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the 
banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ “But they 
all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please 
excuse me.’ “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please 
excuse me.’ “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

(Luke 19:14)
"But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.'

(John 12:43)
“For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.”

But other Christians who aspire to Heaven, would have no reason to not pray this prayer. In the worst case, 
it will have no effect. In the best case, how glad we will be, to see the Lord coming quick for us.

7 – Avoid misconceptions

Q: “Does praying the Lord to come quick, mean that we don’t trust His promise that He will come?”
A: “Absolutely not. The Lord knew the future. He knew about the prayers from His elects, and that he wouldn’t 
wait to fulfill them. Exactly as in countless other situations, in which the Lord has waited for men to ask Him 
for what is good. (Matthew 15:21-28). We are sure that His promise will be fulfilled, but we want to be among the 
ones that have aligned with His will and asked Him to fulfill it quickly.”

Q: “Are we forcing the Lord to do something not in His will? Doesn’t He know the Right Time?”
A: “He knows the Right Time, and we don’t know according to which criteria He has decided it. But maybe, 
when He decided it, part of the weight for the decision, came from considering the prayers of His elects 
(Peter 3:12, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 6:13, Luke 18:1-8). Exactly as in other situations, He gave importance 
and weight to the will of his disciples and prophets, when aligned to His will”

Q: “Are Christians praying this prayer exempt to contribute to society, and to spend their lives serving 
others until the Lord come?”
A: “Absolutely not. A real Christian will follow all Jesus words,not only ones about prayer,respect the 
laws of his country, and will spend His life helping other people, so that when the Lord will come, he 
will find him ready.” (Matthew 24:45-51)
“Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them 
meat in due season?Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not 
aware of,And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping 
and gnashing of teeth.”

Q: “Will shortening the return of the Lord prevent some people from salvation?”
A: “First off, remember that there will never be a moment on earth in which everyone will be Christian, 
before the rapture. It is not written anywhere. On the contrary, it is written about an increasingly 
diminishing of faith. Moreover, people who haven’t met Christ but are seeking for the Truth in their hearts, 
and are loving their brothers, will be likely raptured too. 
Exactly as some other righteous people like Socrates, will be raised in the last day, while evil people who 
are not seeking for repentance because they don’t have the seed of repentance in their hearts, will be left. 
Therefore, there is no such risk in shortening the day. Otherwise, the Lord wouldn’t have taught us this prayer.”

Q:”What about theological and philosophical implications of the Rapture? Why someone is taken and someone 
else left?”
A: “These are not treated here. They will be treated in other works, and some wise pastors will be able 
to answer this, by following the Scriptures”

If most Christian living today will share this intention, and pray together for it, this will be an 
unprecedented even in the history of the world.
If the rapture happened centuries ago, it would have likely remained unexplained and not testified everywhere. 
But nowadays, thanks to technologies and to the Gospel spread everywhere, it will be testified to people of 
all nations, and everyone will know what happened. 

Now, our hope is that some wise pastor, who spent his life in the hope of Jesus’ Return, will actively spread 
this prayer and this intention among other pastors and Christians, so that all of us may be reunited under 
the Lord’s prayer, and pray together, with full intention and understanding and without the usual countless 
distractions and desires:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name, 
thy kingdom come, 
thy will be done, 
on earth as it is in heaven. 

Give us this day the bread of tomorrow. 
And forgive us our trespasses, 
as we forgive those
who trespass against us. 

And lead us not into temptation, 
but deliver us from evil. 

Maranatha. 
Our Lord, come!

maranatha.pdf

Geez! What a popular thread. It's not even 24 hours yet and it's already 6 pages long. I also noticed you're new here so welcome.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

@Yowm @MyLordsServant @shiloh357 @Sojourner414 @frienduff thaylorde @angels4u @Retrobyter @Psalms37:4

Dears,

I'm so glad to see that different positions are being debated, there is nothing better than a friendly, Christian confrontation on the Scriptures

I think that we can summarize the different positions expressed so far:

Position 1) God has already decided everything, we have no influence on His plan.

Position 2) Agreement with what's expressed in this topic starter, i.e. that we have 2 missions, spreading the Gospel to all nation, and pray the Lord for His return, and both actions will hasten His return.

Position 3) A lot of bad things will happen in the Lord's day, so it'd be better off if He comes as late as possible.

This more or less wraps up everything discussed above, even though it misses some nuances, and if you have additions they are welcome.

Now, here are few questions I have about Position 1) and 3).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Position 1) (God has already decided everything, we have no influence on His plan):

1.1)  First, let's not confuse a little, lapalissian thing: God knowing the future doesn't mean that people living in the future have no free will or influence. If I know that it will rain, therefore I'll decide to set the day of my picnic to a day in which doesn't rain. But this doesn't mean that the event of raining had no influence on my choice, indeed it had a GREAT influence: I moved the date according to what I forecasted. So if someone would ask: "did you already decide the date (of your picnic)?" I would reply "Yes". And if they ask "did your information about the future (in this case the weather) have any influence on your choice?" I'll reply "Of course, I set my date by considering these information too". Same we can think for the Lord with respect to our prayers and actions because He respects our free will.

1.2) So many verses in the Bible seem to suggest the importance that the Lord has put upon us, to cooperate in His salvation plan. And part of this cooperation is expressed via prayers and intention through the Bible. The Lord is even saddened by our missing cooperation:

Yet you have not called on me, Jacob,
    you have not wearied yourselves for[a] me, Israel.

1.3) Are you sure that you would have applied the same reasoning of Position 1), if there would be discussed here another prayer? For instance, say that the prayer was for (Luke 10:2) “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.". If the thread was "Let's pray the Lord to send out workers",

would you have ever replied "No, that's a useless prayer, the Lord has decided everything, so he has decided how many workers to send, how dare you to ask these things to the Lord?" I don't think you would have replied this, but clarify me if I'm wrong. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about  Position 3) (A lot of bad things will happen in the Lord's day, so it'd be better off if He comes as late as possible.)

3.1) First of, there are more different interpretations of the events before the Last day, than there are Churches existing, I guess. And frankly, I don't claim to know the right interpreation. Are we really sure that we want to discard the desire and intention of the Return of Jesus -desire shared by the first Christians - based on one of these? 

3.2) Regardless the many different positions about the events before the Last day, one thing I know: the end result will be the delivery from evil of all the Christians, and us taking our places "at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven." What a wonderful day!

It's for hastening this Day, the prayer and spreading the Gospel discussed into this topic.

3.3) How sad is it for Christian, to see at the last day as something bad, to wish his delay? First Christians were living in the hope to be alive when that happened. What happened to us since then? 

3.4) I think that you agree that righteous people who lived before Christ, or where His Word was not spread, and who in their life have searched the Truth, will be likely saved in the Last Day. The Lord will show them their faces. Remember this, before arguing that the Last day is bad because someone won't be saved, and remember that by spreading the Gospel in the world we are still hastening the day, because "this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." So why the intention in the prayer should be bad, if we are moving toward it with our actions too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last, a clarification once and for all: we are asking God to satisfy this intention, if it's in accordance to His Will. This should be true for any prayer. This is contained in the Lord's prayer that we are discussin in this thread, that in addition to "Your Kingdom come", and "deliver us from evil", says "Your Will be done". 

So it’s a win-win: if the prayer is useful, and according to God's will, how happy we will be..if it’s not, not a big deal, it would have still been useful to pray this, at least to increase our desire to see the Lord in all His fullness instead of wishing His delay as someone does.

6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

3 hours ago, listener24 said:

@Yowm @MyLordsServant @shiloh357 @Sojourner414 @frienduff thaylorde @angels4u @Retrobyter @Psalms37:4

Dears,

I'm so glad to see that different positions are being debated, there is nothing better than a friendly, Christian confrontation on the Scriptures

I think that we can summarize the different positions expressed so far:

Position 1) God has already decided everything, we have no influence on His plan.

Position 2) Agreement with what's expressed in this topic starter, i.e. that we have 2 missions, spreading the Gospel to all nation, and pray the Lord for His return, and both actions will hasten His return.

Position 3) A lot of bad things will happen in the Lord's day, so it'd be better off if He comes as late as possible.

This more or less wraps up everything discussed above, even though it misses some nuances, and if you have additions they are welcome.

Now, here are few questions I have about Position 1) and 3).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Position 1) (God has already decided everything, we have no influence on His plan):

1.1)  First, let's not confuse a little, lapalissian thing: God knowing the future doesn't mean that people living in the future have no free will or influence. If I know that it will rain, therefore I'll decide to set the day of my picnic to a day in which doesn't rain. But this doesn't mean that the event of raining had no influence on my choice, indeed it had a GREAT influence: I moved the date according to what I forecasted. So if someone would ask: "did you already decide the date (of your picnic)?" I would reply "Yes". And if they ask "did your information about the future (in this case the weather) have any influence on your choice?" I'll reply "Of course, I set my date by considering these information too". Same we can think for the Lord with respect to our prayers and actions because He respects our free will.

1.2) So many verses in the Bible seem to suggest the importance that the Lord has put upon us, to cooperate in His salvation plan. And part of this cooperation is expressed via prayers and intention through the Bible. The Lord is even saddened by our missing cooperation:

Yet you have not called on me, Jacob,
    you have not wearied yourselves for[a] me, Israel.

1.3) Are you sure that you would have applied the same reasoning of Position 1), if there would be discussed here another prayer? For instance, say that the prayer was for (Luke 10:2) “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.". If the thread was "Let's pray the Lord to send out workers",

would you have ever replied "No, that's a useless prayer, the Lord has decided everything, so he has decided how many workers to send, how dare you to ask these things to the Lord?" I don't think you would have replied this, but clarify me if I'm wrong. 

Now about  Position 3) (A lot of bad things will happen in the Lord's day, so it'd be better off if He comes as late as possible.)

3.1) First of, there are more different interpretations of the events before the Last day, than there are Churches existing, I guess. And frankly, I don't claim to know the right interpreation. Are we really sure that we want to discard the desire and intention of the Return of Jesus -desire shared by the first Christians - based on one of these? 

3.2) Regardless the many different positions about the events before the Last day, one thing I know: the end result will be the delivery from evil of all the Christians, and us taking our places "at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven." What a wonderful day!

It's for hastening this Day, the prayer and spreading the Gospel discussed into this topic.

3.3) How sad is it for Christian, to see at the last day as something bad, to wish his delay? First Christians were living in the hope to be alive when that happened. What happened to us since then? 

3.4) I think that you agree that righteous people who lived before Christ, or where His Word was not spread, and who in their life have searched the Truth, will be likely saved in the Last Day. The Lord will show them their faces. Remember this, before arguing that the Last day is bad because someone won't be saved, and remember that by spreading the Gospel in the world we are still hastening the day, because "this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." So why the intention in the prayer should be bad, if we are moving toward it with our actions too?

Last, a clarification once and for all: we are asking God to satisfy this intention, if it's in accordance to His Will. This should be true for any prayer. This is contained in the Lord's prayer that we are discussin in this thread, that in addition to "Your Kingdom come", and "deliver us from evil", says "Your Will be done". 

So it’s a win-win: if the prayer is useful, and according to God's will, how happy we will be..if it’s not, not a big deal, it would have still been useful to pray this, at least to increase our desire to see the Lord in all His fullness instead of wishing His delay as someone does.

6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Do you have faith?

Do you believe God can,keep you from evil without taking you out of the world?

http://biblehub.com/john/17-15.htm

Jesus asked God to keep his disciples away from evil,not to take them away from the world.Personally I believe God can do that.

Why do you think God has to take you out of he world in order to deliver you from evil as you said on 3:2?

And ps,no one here is trying to delay Jesus coming.Your the one wanting everyone to pray for him to hurry up and come deliver you from evil.No one is praying for Jesus to delay his coming and no one has asked anyone to do such a thing.

This thread seems to be an issue of faith more than anything else.

Edited by Shilohsfoal
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

9 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Do you believe God can,keep you from evil without taking you out of the world?

http://biblehub.com/john/17-15.htm

Jesus asked God to keep his disciples away from evil,not to take them away from the world.Personally I believe God can do that.

Why do you think God has to take you out of he world in order to deliver you from evil as you said on 3:2?

And ps,no one here is trying to delay Jesus coming.Your the one wanting everyone to pray for him to hurry up and come deliver you from evil.No one is praying for Jesus to delay his coming and no one has asked anyone to do such a thing

I believe in the power of the Spirit to keep us from evil if we allow Him, but I also believe that while in this world, we are still subject to temptations. Even the apostles were, until the end of their earthly lives, and I don't claim to be better.

Can anyone claim not to be subject to temptations? I don't. 

Furthermore, can anyone claim that he is living a life free from evil? Is anyone literally following all Jesus commandments, like "And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.". I haven't met any who is obeying 100% all these commands.

We are all sinners, in my opinion, and to a certain degree, we still commit sins in this world, even after the Spirit calls us. This because we are still in this world full of temptations, and the temptations come from the evil one who is still here. 

My life changed completely after meeting Christ, nonetheless, I'm still a sinner to a degree, I don't claim that I'm following perfectly everything in the Gospel, even if I'm trying hard to do it, by asking the Lord to guide me with His Spirit. 

One day, instead, we'll never any more "be led into temptations", because we'll be separated forever from the evil one, and that will be the complete delivery.

Last, I'm not asking for "me", because the Lord's prayer is plural. I'm asking for us, as the prayer says, because Jesus' Return will be a collective event. 

38 minutes ago, listener24 said:

I believe in the power of the Spirit to keep us from evil if we allow Him, but I also believe that while in this world, we are still subject to temptations. Even the apostles were, until the end of their earthly lives, and I don't claim to be better.

Furthermore, can anyone claim that he is living a life free from evil? Is anyone literally following all Jesus commandments, like "And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.". I haven't met any who is obeying 100% all these commands.

We are all sinners, in my opinion, and to a certain degree, we still commit sins in this world, even after the Spirit calls us. This because we are still in this world full of temptations, and the temptations come from the evil one who is still here. 

My life changed completely after meeting Christ, nonetheless, I'm still a sinner to a degree, I don't claim that I'm following perfectly everything in the Gospel, even if I'm trying hard to do it, by asking the Lord to guide me with His Spirit. 

One day, instead, we'll never any more "be led into temptations", because we'll be separated forever from the evil one, and that will be the complete delivery.

Last, I'm not asking for "me", because the Lord's prayer is plural. I'm asking for us, as the prayer says, because Jesus' Return will be a collective event. 

Shalom, listener24.

Just to be clear, do you mean "Jesus' Return will be an event when He collects us," or do you mean "Jesus' Return will be an all-inclusive event?"

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

They're unknowingly waiting for the antichrist. 

"Did you know when Jesus comes the Israeli women in Jerusalem are raped and the men and children are murdered?"

What exactly do you mean by that. Give me a scripture reference please.

Indeed they and many are unknowing waiting for anti Christ .    You see how this interfaith has taken root.

You would almost gasp at what I found so called jewish rabbies under this influence preaching.    When messiah comes he will make changes to torah

when messiah comes he will usher in world peace and unity    .  Right now , they say,   moses jesus and allah are all dancing under the temple in unity.

They claim the coming messiah will usher in a world of peace and unity among all, among all religions , that swords will be put down.

I mean these people have no idea that they are awaiting the one Daniel, even paul spoke of.  not messiah , anti messiah.

They think its all about world peace and unity and everyones religion is following the same God.   But that interfaith will be the spirit

that brings messiah .  I mean they are lost .    and interfaith aint just infecting some jews,  heck its infecting muslims, christains

you name it .   They are beginning to find unity, or what they see as unity .  but this spirit is leading to the man of sin.

I tried so often to warn us stay out of churches focusing on world unity , but they will try and say its unity with Christ .  No

unity with the world without correction but just for the goal of getting along for world peace, AINT UNITY in JESUS.

We have to be on guard .  I watched how little it begins at first .  They came in under a major guise.   using words like unity , love , peace .

The focus is on good works and just coming together for the sake of peace , getting along having fellowship even if we don't agree on doctrine.

LOOK OUT FOR IT , its a snare .    the pope preaches it huge and is quite crafty how he makes everything seem like its the will of God and uses the words

like who am I to judge ,  we can find common ground in football.   I mean this guy is making it seem so kind and caring , but what a crock.

Our common ground has nothing to do with the things of the world.  IS JESUS ONLY .  scores of other churches in similar ways with the same basic

mindset in the area of a false love , false unity for peace mindset .   Worse still they are also doing two things   , they are uniting all the faiths of chrisanity back

to rome under this all inclusive we all christain mindset and any kind of warning out seems evil .

and they are uniting the other religions under a banner of coming together as well,   And rome is leading it .  Though when I read

the jewish portion of interfaith I can promise it will be centered in Jerusalem.   the media is working the folks through all inclusive too, with the gay and transgender agenda

while the religions work on their people too.    I have never seen a delusion working as one in not only the world but all religions , the basic mindset is what they agree on

not the details.  but the common mindset . but thisis all that is needed to gather the world as one right to the beast .

So my advice remains the same.  GET out of the churches who hold to any part of the Daniel plan , it was a set up long back. 

get out of churches that focus on getting along with the world and other religions for sake of unity.    Get out of the churches that focus on good works

but wont correct squat .    IF we just remain in Christ and return to reading only the bible and feed on its pages I promise our senses will be well exercised

to easily discern good from evil.  Because to the unkwowing all this love unity all inclusive etc  sounds very good and as the right way  .  BUT Its a delusion from the pits of hades

itself that is spreading to unite all nations tribes tongues , etc  right to the beast .   and when I say those of us who refused to conform to this idea will be seen as monsters

of the world.  BELEIVE ME we will.  they will think they do gods will , cause they think his will is world peace , they will think we are the divisive ones doing the

work of satan.   Hey the religious thought JESUS had a demon , they will us too , and when they have us rounded up in time , believe me they will think its service for GOD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

1 hour ago, listener24 said:

Everyone here is tempted and as children make mistakes and learn from those mistakes,we all do.

There was a time when i wanted to be removed from this world,but I found that was not what Jesus wanted or he would have asked God to have taken his disciples from,this world.Insted Jesus prayed that God would keep us from the evil of the world.

Since those days ,i have learned much about the evil in the world.I've spent time studying such evils as the Quran and hadith just so I could better understand why the ten horns fight against the lamb.I've learned about those who are antichrist and their beliefs.I've even,learned about Donald trump and how so many"Christians"place their faith in him to keep them safe.The world is full of evil but still God is able to keep those who follow Christ from evil.

Everyday since those days when i no longer wanted to be in this world was another day I could learn something new .