• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Saul was a gentile and a Jew. And as far as false teachings go I fear you are sadly mistaken. You and your entourage appear to be chasing me around the board. Shame on you.

No I am not pursuing you. I am just responding to your comments. I use to use the same teachings as you in debate against Christians. Like I said I was a Sabbath keeping follower of the worldwide church of God.  I never really kept the Sabbath like the law of Moses commanded. Your not even to light a fire on the Sabbath. But I thought I was keeping it I refuse to work on Saturday. I feel for those yoke to the law. I hope you too will see the truth about the law. We have died to the law so we could be married to another. We belong to Christ. And are in a new agreement or covenant with him. Founded on better promises.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

According to Miss White, to be saved requires much more than just faith in Jesus Christ; but rather, she states on page 136 of “The Mount Of Blessing”...

“But the way to life is narrow and the entrance strait. If you cling to any besetting sin you will find the way too narrow for you to enter. Your own ways, your own will, your evil habits and practices, must be given up if you would keep the way of the Lord. ...” [emphasis added]

You seriously believe this is error? Let me inform you of something. If this so-called faith in Jesus Christ you speak of does not include the forsaking of all sin and selfishness, it is presumption, and then it is you who is deceived and preaching the false gospel. It is you who needs to discover the meaning of repentance. There are some in my church who needs to learn this also. 

Edited by brakelite

9 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

@Brakelite No one is averse to obedience, we all want to do our best to obey but what too many legalists just cannot seem to "get" is that we are not saved by our 'obedience'. Nor can we be perfectly obedient

If you are doing your best to obey, then of course you are on a course to failure. You need to learn the true meaning and impact of righteousness by faith. If you are doing your best, you are setting the standard...it becomes your righteousness, which we know is a fail. What we all need is Christ's righteousness. This can be ours, and becomes ours as we receive Christ. Then we are changed into His image and likeness. His rightousness then becomes a part of our nature as we surrender to Him and partake of His divine nature.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

20 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul said we have the right to judge......we are to judge fellow Christians.....we are not permitted to judge the world.

We are to use righteous judgment when levying judgment toward a sister or brother in Christ. We are not to judge based on appearances. 

Verses

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Saul was a gentile and a Jew. [/quote] Show the scripture that informs of that please. Saul of Tarsus was a Pharisee. A Jew. Being a Pharisee it meant he was one of the most learned of all members of the temple in matters of Law. 
It is correct that Saul, called Paul after his conversion on the road to Damascus Syria, brought the Gospel to the Gentiles. However, I would like to see scripture where it is said Saul was both a Jew, which is also a race , not just a religious tradition, and a Gentile. 

And as far as false teachings go I fear you are sadly mistaken. You and your entourage appear to be chasing me around the board. Shame on you.

You sound paranoid. False teachings should never be allowed to appear unchallenged. If you , and I don't read you enough to know, were one who continually makes false statements concerning the scriptures or the Christian faith, you should expect to be addressed by Christians who know the scriptures and the faith. 

8 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Your prophetess is talking about the works-based salvation which you both support and propagate.   Sabbath-keeping.  Dietary laws.  Etc., etc.  The same tired "works buys you salvation" mantra that other false gospels sell in one package or another.  None of that earns you salvation and you have no more forsaken all sin and selfishness than the rest of us have because of it.  God is not marking down extra brownie points for you every time you go to church on Saturday.

Your church has one glaring problem that should keep anyone calling themselves a born-again Christian from ever going to one.  Their church-funded hospitals perform elective abortions.  But this violation of the 6th commandment does not seem to bother you enough to make you want to find a less morally-compromised church.  All this while scolding others about the Sabbath.  Ellen G. White's "revelations" are hardly obscure.  Your entire denomination's beliefs are built on them.  Her words are given a higher status than the Bible because all Bible verses are viewed through the lens of her writings.  

As far as the abortion issue is concerned, you have a point. But while some in the administration have decided not to impose church moral standards upon its hospital administrators (most of which by the way likely are not adventists or even necessarily Christians) my choosing to belong to the church is based on its doctrinal teachings, not its practices. If I was to alienate myself from every group/club/church/business etc on the basis of morality, I would have to retire from the human race. 

Re the rest of your post, yeah, whatever. Heard it all before. If you really wanted to see a change in my belief system you would I think take a little more care in educating me as to the ways of truth....telling me that what I don't do (practice a works-based salvation plan) is wrong is hardly news. You might as well try and convince a Chinaman not to be Indian.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, Rut-Ro said:

You sound paranoid. False teachings should never be allowed to appear unchallenged. If you , and I don't read you enough to know, were one who continually makes false statements concerning the scriptures or the Christian faith, you should expect to be addressed by Christians who know the scriptures and the faith. 

You do not seem have sufficient knowledge to be able to understand a false teacher. Otherwise you would be quick to defend me until the jury is back...  par for the course on this board. The few always destroy it for the many.

Saul was a Roman citizen. And a Jew. Cornelius was also a Roman. Luke may not have been a Jew. So what??

If you are talking about the false pre-trib stuff. Go ahead. You will not prove that or that Daniel's 70 weeks are not fait accompli.

If by false teaching you mean not going along with Darby and Scofield et co. (and his fake bible). Or if you mean that I do not believe Yahweh abolished the law. Or if it has to do with your roman SUN-day observances. Then go ahead.

But you see, those that are of different beliefs (not unto salvation) are very quick to character smear. They are bound to be the majority since the majority is in error. So rather than posit proof, when asked, they deride and scoff and make wild statements. Just like your statement above.

And I have duly noticed 'the entourage' that continually POLICES this board. It is amazing how the Lord managed for so long without all of you. 

One day, maybe there will be a quiet and kindly discussion - I am waiting....

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

6 hours ago, brakelite said:

my choosing to belong to the church is based on its doctrinal teachings, not its practices.

Tell me what is the difference here. Any church should practice what they preach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

16 hours ago, brakelite said:

You seriously believe this is error? Let me inform you of something. If this so-called faith in Jesus Christ you speak of does not include the forsaking of all sin and selfishness, it is presumption

I never said that it doesnt include the forsaking of sin and selfishness but those are the fruits of faith and a changed soul unlike what EGW preaches, that our salvation is dependent upon them.

YES what EGW taught is error

As I have said before and will say again, There is no such thing as perfect obedience when we are still stuck in this flesh. We dont want to sin any more but none of us will be free from sin and error until we have abandoned these old bodies for the new. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Ellie White was a nutter, and the fact a group of jackanapes would place her disjointed scribblings above the Word of God should cause a Christian to run away like their hair was on fire.

Edited by John Robinson
  • Thumbs Up 1