• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Should we then keep all laws then, everyone breaks them all.

James chapter 2 verse 10

If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

And Christ is the only human who lived and never sinned, everyone else continues to.

Matthew chapter 5 verse 17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Ezekiel chapter 44 verse 9
This is what the Sovereign LORD says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites.

Ezekiel chapter 36 verse 26
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Romans chapter 2
25 For circumcision benefits you if you observe the law, but if you are a lawbreaker, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if an uncircumcised man keeps the law’s requirements, will his uncircumcision not be counted as circumcision? 27 A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision. 28 For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, and true circumcision is not something visible in the flesh. 29 On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart—by the Spirit, not the letter.[a] That man’s praise[b] is not from men but from God.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 14

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Sometimes it just takes explaining over and over again.   I DID NOT say TO FOLLOW THE LAW...................I SAID FOLLOW JESUS , HIS SAYINGS .

I sure hope we don't teach grace makes void not only the law but JESUS sayings TOO.    Some of us have sat under men, who pardon this expression that comes next

BUT them men of belial should have stepped down and got real jobs stead of teaching false hoods and making a buck while doing it .

Let us say this again.     POINT TO JESUS and HIS SAYINGS.   and one of his sayings said this................WHY do you call me LORD and yet DO NOT the THINGS which I say.

THAT JESUS.  FOLLOW THAT JESUS.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Did YHWH sin when HE told HIS people that they MUST BE HOLY, as HE IS HOLY ?

Did JESUS then also sin when HE told HIS disciples they must be perfect as the heavenly Father is Perfect ?

Did the writers of Scripture, inspired by YHWH,  sin when they often described living a holy life, and pursuing a holy life, for EVERYONE who desires to follow JESUS ? 

Should we all refuse to commit adultery ?  Should we all refuse to run red lights ?  Should we all refuse to tell the truth, instead of the comand to the ecclesia to stop lying to one another (as Scripture clearly says) ?

i.e. do you want to live a life doing good, doing what is right (which is clearly known),  or doing evil, doing what is wrong (also clearly shown throughout God's Word ? 

What DO YOU CHOOSE >> Serving YHWH (God),  or serving demons ? which one ?

5 minutes ago, john1 said:

Should we then keep all laws then, everyone breaks them all. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

"We might have our private opinions about earthly things that are going on, but it has nothing to do with what we are here on earth for as ambassadors of the kingdom of heaven." Heleadthme

Hmm, I think  it may be more that  a Christian is and will be involved in the civil affairs of the lands and peoples wherever God has placed him or her. One reason is to be used as a tool to point out the difference in a Christian from any unbeliever no matter how fine the unbeliever may be, and to do so in a public light for the Glory of God.

Come a millennium period after Christ's soon return when no one dies that has returned with Him, those will rule with him over even those that  do not come to Christ do not become saved. Seems to me that is going to involve a lot of what we call politics. s well as some turmoil with in the Christ ruled earth.

2Timothy 2:4

No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

Brother......this IS one way in which we are to be different, isn't it though?..........separate from the world, not trying to run it...that is God's job.  We are only here for the gospel.

As for the millenium......eye has not seen nor ear has heard what we shall be, but one thing is clear, Jesus said  we will be like the angels, so doubt very much the redeemed of the Lord will be running political rallies or running for office and the like, any more than angels do now.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Did YHWH sin when HE told HIS people that they MUST BE HOLY, as HE IS HOLY ?

Did JESUS then also sin when HE told HIS disciples they must be perfect as the heavenly Father is Perfect ?

Did the writers of Scripture, inspired by YHWH,  sin when they often described living a holy life, and pursuing a holy life, for EVERYONE who desires to follow JESUS ? 

Should we all refuse to commit adultery ?  Should we all refuse to run red lights ?  Should we all refuse to tell the truth, instead of the comand to the ecclesia to stop lying to one another (as Scripture clearly says) ?

i.e. do you want to live a life doing good, doing what is right (which is clearly known),  or doing evil, doing what is wrong (also clearly shown throughout God's Word ? 

What DO YOU CHOOSE >> Serving YHWH (God),  or serving demons ? which one ?

In other words , Should we then make void the law through grace,    GOD FORBID.      let us focus on them last two words..............GOD    and FORBID.

Jesus is not the minstir of sin,   Sin is what,   the transgression of the law

if we build again those things which once we destroyed we make our selves what .............Transgressors.

An example of how they DO exactly what Grace DOES NOT DO.

Hey, we can get tattoes , that is all old test stuff,    They transgress , they make void and use grace as the license and JESUS as the author of this.  AND HE AINT .

the son of perdtion IS the lawless one  ..  NOT JESUS.   so all must decide who to follow.  AS FOR ME ITS JESUS ONLY amen.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Yowm said:

Legalist in justification...You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
(Gal 5:4)

Legalist in sanctification...Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? (Gal 3:3)

Always about earning God's favor in their own strength.

Their rally point is the law as faith is too daring an adventure.

Self righteousness is their fruit as they compare others to their standard of law keeping rather than to Christ's perfect righteousness, love and sacrifice.

Paul said to legalistic Jews: 

Why are you trying to earn, something you already have. 

He acknowledged them as his brothers in  Jesus Christ, but not from the same understanding in some matters. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What happens if you supported neither , are you a non legalist Legaslitc .  whats next .   

As for legalitstic.    No need to point to the law , we wont be justified by it, onlyl condemned.

POINT to JESUS and HIS SAYINGS,  if they omit his sayings.................then OOOPS the law cant save them either and JESUS WONT

HE said IF you love me KEEP My sayings , those who DONT LOVE ME don't .    That is how simple I keep it   .  JESUS and HIS SAYINGS.

call me legalistic now people.   I POINT to the ONLY SAVOIR who can save, and DID SAY he who hears and does and also he who hears and does not .  

Read that sermon.     Anyway be blessed sister.  

I agree. God's word is legal concerning issues of the spirit realm/kingdom of God. What Jesus said of mercy, grace, faith is the legal that overrules the legalist's traditions of men. So let's not do away with the law. Just do away with the traditions of men that seek to eliminate God's highest law.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

Looking at it biblically, since legalism isn't even in the bible.........I wonder if we are really talking about the leaven of the Pharisees here.... who were concerned with an outward form of godliness but denying the power (ie, it was only their own righteousness)........like whitewashed sepulchers, they looked good on the outside but inwardly were still full of dead men's bones, having failed to believe on Jesus.

Only by the blood of Jesus and washing of the water of the Word can we be cleaned on the inside.......when we receive Christ by faith we both are washed but still need to get further washed.......those who have had the bath are clean, but still need to have their feet washed.  That is where the biggest battles are I believe, once our lives are in order outwardly with of course a deposit of the inward blessing through Christ, but also along the way there begins a further and deeper work of the Lord upon our hearts, as we go from victory to victory (glory to glory) in those deeper things......like the Israelites conquering the Promised Land little by little.....the perfecting of our faith.  This is why there is a battling and labouring to enter into the sabbath rest, whereas there is usually no labouring on our part to receive our initial salvation.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Looking at it biblically, since legalism isn't even in the bible.........I wonder if we are really talking about the leaven of the Pharisees here

I got the idea that most are not talking about the Pharisees at all concerning legalists or legalism - rather they are

trying to compare the Judaizers in Galatians to what they try to call legalists or legalism today,  without actually showing any such thing so far as I've seen, 

and they haven't been able to show it either on the forum

nor from any group off the forum so far, although certainly they do exist somewhere, and may be common in some places.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As for me I will not use the faith of Jesus as my excuse to bow out of duties to country.

God has placed the governments, and mine or the one I am under happens to allow me to run for political office and to particiapate in  government both civil and/or military.

So I will exercise that privilege extended under the sovereign will  of God as part of my service to Him..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Serving YHWH (God),  or serving demons ? which one ?

But you don't keep the law.

1 John chapter 1 verse 8

If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.

James chapter 2 verse 10

If anyone keeps the whole law yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Matthew chapter 7 verse 12

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.