• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

What makes matters worse is that when girls dress like this is fires up the lust of men. Most of us can keep it under control but more and more guys can't seem to do so, and this is reflected by all the sexual crimes. I saw an old TV show once called "The Loretta Young Show", and she did a few episodes that were warning about this. It was almost prophetic because what she warned of in the late 1950's is our world of today. Women can dress attractively without showing a lot of skin and that's what they need to do. But alas, too few follow that. I heard a preacher say if you wouldn't wear it to go meet Jesus you shouldn't wear it at all. That's a good rule of thumb.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, JTC said:

Women can dress attractively without showing a lot of skin and that's what they need to do. But alas, too few follow that. I heard a preacher say if you wouldn't wear it to go meet Jesus you shouldn't wear it at all. That's a good rule of thumb.

That sounds like a good rule.

This reminds me of a story where a young woman who was a popular blogger got a job working as a software developer.  95% of her coworkers and managers were men.  She first dressed very plainly in jeans, tennis shoes, and simple shirts.  This was pretty much the same thing the men in her department wore every day.  The result?  She didn't receive good reviews of her work, didn't get assigned to work on major projects, etc.

Next, she changed how she dressed to be attractive without showing a lot of skin.  Her work suddenly received great reviews and she received better assignments. 

All through this, she carefully documented her work to show there was no difference in the quality or style.  Her conclusion?  Young women must carefully choose how they dress to manage how they and their work is judged by others.   People judge based on looks first.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I'd hate to be a teen or twenty something young woman in this day and age, when the pressure to look a certain way in the physical and fashion is just horrendous.

The enemy of females (that  dragon of old) is so loving the chaos it is causing amongst the opposite genders, but with the woman herself - hating her own image and wanting to look like the "worlds version" of beautuful - which is overt attention  and exaggeration to certain parts of the body. 

Young Christian women need kind hearted older women to come along beside them and help them.

We were all young and naive once.

I think if a person is a born again Christian the pressure from the world to dress in an inappropriate fashion would not be important.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

14 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I'd hate to be a teen or twenty something young woman in this day and age, when the pressure to look a certain way in the physical and fashion is just horrendous.

The enemy of females (that  dragon of old) is so loving the chaos it is causing amongst the opposite genders, but with the woman herself - hating her own image and wanting to look like the "worlds version" of beautuful - which is overt attention  and exaggeration to certain parts of the body. 

Young Christian women need kind hearted older women to come along beside them and help them.

We were all young and naive once.

The problem is that even when mom goes shopping for her young teen daughter, she finds the selection is limited to the worldly fashions and sometimes it is next to impossible to find anything more modest.  My daughter in law has complained to me about this.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Hmmm..... Another post complaining about how  another person is  dressing. There seems to be a lot of "lets point out other people's sin and short comings" on here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Hmmm..... Another post complaining about how  another person is  dressing. There seems to be a lot of "lets point out other people's sin and short comings" on here. 

God knows the heart of the person who dresses inappropriately. They will have to answer to God.

1 hour ago, Willa said:

The problem is that even when mom goes shopping for her young teen daughter, she finds the selection is limited to the worldly fashions and sometimes it is next to impossible to find anything more modest.  My daughter in law has complained to me about this.  

Most of the stuff that the department stores have now is inappropriate. There is a struggle now with bringing up young adult women. They want to dress like their friends. I am sure glad I do not have children today.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

God knows the heart of the person who dresses inappropriately. They will have to answer to God.

Okay. But maybe there is a better way to go about this then shaking your finger at someone saying "we need to talk about how you are dressing:blow-up:!"  Try taking the time to get to know people. Talk to them with an attitude of love. Most people who dress inappropriately do so because they don't feel good about themselves. The change needs to come from within. 

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Okay. But maybe there is a better way to go about this then shaking your finger at someone saying "we need to talk about how you are dressing:blow-up:!"  Try taking the time to get to know people. Talk to them with an attitude of love. Most people who dress inappropriately do so because they don't feel good about themselves. The change needs to come from within. 

I think that a person has a choice. We are not a puppet because if that were the case that would not be love. Everyone has a choice. Life if full of them. But first they have to know the word of God and what He says about a woman dressing inappropriately.

1 Timothy 2: 9-10

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think that a person has a choice. We are not a puppet because if that were the case that would not be love. Everyone has a choice. Life if full of them. But first they have to know the word of God and what He says about a woman dressing inappropriately.

1 Timothy 2: 9-10

Even paul told those to warn , rebuke others who are not following the example of Christ and what the apostels taught .

We just live in an age where the only WRONG is telling someone what is wrong.