• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yeah. I see a couple of my friends going through this

I feel I should just save myself bc I don't want to be used.  But I do love him.

Ok, you say you love him, but please protect yourself by not getting involved sexually with him.   Most people do not marry their first boyfriend so you should seek to remain pure.  That way you will avoid alot of guilt and possibly even STDs.   You don't want that baggage to follow you into a marriage.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/22/2018 at 8:14 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Moving in with my boyfriend

I'm nervous bc my friends have tried and it's just going miserable for them. Well one...idk about the other. 

I love my bf A LOT. Plus I'd be going for financial reasons...as well as to get a certification. 

I'm also neverouc bc a friend of mine said God would leave me forever if I left. 

But home isn't the best environment for me.

That's tough.

No, God will only leave or forsake Christians if they stop believing in Jesus Christ, eg by renouncing/cursing God/Jesus and die.(Job2:9)

What would Jesus want you to do.? Move in or not move in.?

Edited by discipler777
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,234
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Are both you and your boyfriend Christians.  You should never marry if he is not praying with you and going to church with you, or reading his Bible regularly.  Many men think they are Christians because they grew up in a church but have never surrendered their lives to God in Christ Jesus.  If you are both solid Christians you should marry if you move in with him.  He is likely to think that moving in with him means you will have sex no matter what you do or say otherwise.  Men think different then women, and are much more controlled by hormones.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

22 hours ago, Willa said:

Are both you and your boyfriend Christians.  You should never marry if he is not praying with you and going to church with you, or reading his Bible regularly.  Many men think they are Christians because they grew up in a church but have never surrendered their lives to God in Christ Jesus.  If you are both solid Christians you should marry if you move in with him.  He is likely to think that moving in with him means you will have sex no matter what you do or say otherwise.  Men think different then women, and are much more controlled by hormones.

This is my bfs. We don't pray together, he doesn't go to church... It's hard I love him and yes men are controlled by hormones. Uhg

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

The Bible does not say official recognition constitutes marriage. If you are in love with this person and expect them to be your life partner look to make sure he is being genuine. He might be just using you and saying what you want to hear. Learn about sociopath personality traits. If he falls within this category do not walk away from him, but run instead. 

9 Signs You're Dating a Sociopath - Youtube

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is my bfs. We don't pray together, he doesn't go to church... It's hard I love him and yes men are controlled by hormones. Uhg

Are you committing fornication? Sex out of marriage is sin against the Lord.

A man who loves a woman will respect her body and soul and wait until they are within the confines of marriage.

A woman who respects herself and who truly loves God and  is obedient to the Lord would not allow sexual sin to be a part of her life.

Hebrews 10:26-27 If we go on sinning after we receive the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains. But only a fearful expectation of judgement and raging fire that will consume all adversaries.

2peter 2:20 if indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through their knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be  entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is WORSE THAN IT WAS AT FIRST.

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

The Bible does not say official recognition constitutes marriage. If you are in love with this person and expect them to be your life partner look to make sure he is being genuine. He might be just using you and saying what you want to hear. Learn about sociopath personality traits. If he falls within this category do not walk away from him, but run instead. 

9 Signs You're Dating a Sociopath - Youtube

I'll check this out

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

men are not controlled by their hormones, any more than women are. They have free will and can control themselves. He is not a victim of his hormones if he wants sex with you, making him unable to stop. And you have no obligation, even if you were married, to have sex with him whenever he wants. 

That said, if you move in with him, have you discussed the sexual side? are there assumptions being made on both sides? do you think you can be celibate, if he is willing to be, under the circumstances? 

I am now going to ask something very hard: if you were not in such a difficult position, would you be seriously considering moving in with him at this time?

He won't be celibate with me there. 

Edited by Figure of eighty

On 10/25/2018 at 7:20 AM, Debp said:

Ok, you say you love him, but please protect yourself by not getting involved sexually with him.   Most people do not marry their first boyfriend so you should seek to remain pure.  That way you will avoid alot of guilt and possibly even STDs.   You don't want that baggage to follow you into a marriage.  

If he doesn't marry me I don't think I'll get married. I'll retire from dating or anything...but I'm not leaving my bfs until he leaves. I love him.

7 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

how old are you and your boyfriend?

Late 20's