• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Who are the Foolish Virgins

Not being born again and not having a genuine saving faith in Christ. They will not go to heaven in the rapture of the Church. They will not go into the 1000 year millennium at the end of the 7 year tribulation at the second coming of Christ.

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/3/2019 at 1:28 PM, missmuffet said:

Who are the Foolish Virgins

Not being born again and not having a genuine saving faith in Christ. They will not go to heaven in the rapture of the Church. They will not go into the 1000 year millennium at the end of the 7 year tribulation at the second coming of Christ.

Erased post. M

Edited by Marlene S

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 3/24/2019 at 10:28 PM, OldCoot said:

I disagree.  I see Matthew 24 -25 as referring to the elect corporate entity of Israel as per Isaiah 45:4.   The redeemed elect are long since out of the picture per Isaiah 26, 2 Thessalonians 2, Psalms 27, Isaiah 66, Micah 5, 1  Thessalonians 5. 

The three questions posed by the apostles were the reason for the entire discourse. 1) When will the temple be destroyed? 2) What will be the sign of your coming(return)? And, 3) What will be the sign of the end of the world?

The Apostles (Christians) asked the questions - so, the answer(s) are directed at Christians. The word "elect" only arises in the context of "shortening the days of tribulation". I too agree that the "elect" are the Jews, but, the context of Isa 26 & 66 are the start of the Millenium while the context of Matt 24 and 25 is the time from the first century up to the 2nd coming. 

2 hours ago, Marlene S said:

I believe the Foolish Virgins are concerning those who are of the 144,000. The anointing refers to being sealed and receiving the Holy Spirit. They all received the oil. This obviously happens sometime before the coming of the Bridegroom. So while these waited and slept, the wise virgins took their anointing seriously and studied and prayed and learned what they needed in anticipation of the return of the LORD.

The foolish ones took their oil and did not replenish it with study and prayer, Also you must consider the times in which this will happen. Anti-Christ will be in power. Christian literature will be illegal, the 144,000 will be severely persecuted... not a christian friendly world. You may have to find someone who is illegally dealing in Bibles in those days.

The wise Virgins do not have time to pray and study if they have to teach the foolish ones the truth. So they send them to find those who deal in the Word, perhaps you have to pay a lot of money in those days to have the words of Scripture. Of course they were probably getting false scripture in that it did not cause them to come to know our LORD; it did not help their anointing.

So when they return, they do not have the same anointing as the wise ones... and the Bridegroom does not know them.

I think the oil in the lamps is the knowledge they possess, which is dependent upon the study and worship habits of the individual Virgin.

It is also possible that my understanding is flawed, and I realize that after I just read what I wrote. The number of the 144,000 does not change, so it is possible that the parable speaks of another group of virgins.

Also consider the parable that comes right after concerning the 'man traveling to a far-away country and giving talents to his servants to exchange for profit. M.

Matt 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins

The key is the word "then" and what is happening at this time. We must go back to the end of chapter 24 to find out...

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

What event catches everyone by surprise? The 2nd coming will NOT be unpredictable, in fact if someone studies prophecy correctly they will KNOW the very DAY of His arrival based on the two witnesses account described in Revelation. So, what event could it possibly be? Notice how Noah "entered the ark" but still had to wait for the flood! When the flood actually came, that was when the door was sealed and could NOT be opened except by God.

Chapter 24 continues...

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

So, we see two people working together but only one is taken while leaving the other. 

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Now, we see the "WISE" servants described - apparently they are given "MEAT" or true teaching. This coincides with other Scripture concerning "milk" - we can go into all that another time.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Finally, the "FOOLISH" servants are described. They are under false teachings even to the point of "eating and drinking" with the drunken (whatever could that be referring to? - Rhetorical). The phrase "weeping and gnashing of teeth" will ALWAYS refer to the tribulation period right before the 2nd coming in ALL PROPHECIES! 

Now, we have the point of which chapter 25 begins - the Rapture. The wise and foolish virgins ALL had lamps and ALL had at least some oil, but ONLY half of them were accepted for the 'reward' of obedience = the rapture. For further evidence, look at verse 10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut."

The "door was shut". When is the door shut? At the rapture.... but, when was the door opened?

Rev3 depicts the Church Age as having an open door. John 10 says it 4 times. Acts 14:27 "and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles." Rev. 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven:" (START OF THE CHURCH AGE)

Furthermore, the foolish virgins CANNOT be the Jews, because they will NOT accept Jesus until the very end of the tribulation (the acceptance will be the trigger that brings Jesus back). 

The parallel of this is seen in Luke 12:42-47 (faithful, wise servant versus the foolish one). 

Edited by DonkeySpeaksAgain
additional info added

15 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

Matt 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins

The key is the word "then" and what is happening at this time. We must go back to the end of chapter 24 to find out...

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

What event catches everyone by surprise? The 2nd coming will NOT be unpredictable, in fact if someone studies prophecy correctly they will KNOW the very DAY of His arrival based on the two witnesses account described in Revelation. So, what event could it possibly be? Notice how Noah "entered the ark" but still had to wait for the flood! When the flood actually came, that was when the door was sealed and could NOT be opened except by God.

Chapter 24 continues...

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

So, we see two people working together but only one is taken while leaving the other. 

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Now, we see the "WISE" servants described - apparently they are given "MEAT" or true teaching. This coincides with other Scripture concerning "milk" - we can go into all that another time.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Finally, the "FOOLISH" servants are described. They are under false teachings even to the point of "eating and drinking" with the drunken (whatever could that be referring to? - Rhetorical). The phrase "weeping and gnashing of teeth" will ALWAYS refer to the tribulation period right before the 2nd coming in ALL PROPHECIES! 

Now, we have the point of which chapter 25 begins - the Rapture. The wise and foolish virgins ALL had lamps and ALL had at least some oil, but ONLY half of them were accepted for the 'reward' of obedience = the rapture. For further evidence, look at verse 10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut."

The "door was shut". When is the door shut? At the rapture.... but, when was the door opened?

Rev3 depicts the Church Age as having an open door. John 10 says it 4 times. Acts 14:27 "and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles." Rev. 4:1 "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven:" (START OF THE CHURCH AGE)

Furthermore, the foolish virgins CANNOT be the Jews, because they will NOT accept Jesus until the very end of the tribulation (the acceptance will be the trigger that brings Jesus back). 

The parallel of this is seen in Luke 12:42-47 (faithful, wise servant versus the foolish one). 

Your post is interesting. Personally, I should not have posted that response because I was uncertain, because I realized it could be wrong. Not sure why I did.

I guess you can say that all parables have the same meaning.

I do not agree with everything you said, specifically: "Furthermore, the foolish virgins CANNOT be the Jews, because they will NOT accept Jesus until the very end of the tribulation (the acceptance will be the trigger that brings Jesus back)."

The wise Virgins took oil with them, the foolish ones did not. It is all about the anointing. I can also see that it speaks of the Church because it is the Bridegroom.

The 144,000 are sealed because they know our LORD and they are with Him all the time; they too belong to the Church.

Do you not think that the 'meat' in due season could be the receiving of the Holy Spirit which the 144,000 receives when they are sealed? Just a curious question. M.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Marlene S said:

I believe the Foolish Virgins are concerning those who are of the 144,000. The anointing refers to being sealed and receiving the Holy Spirit. They all received the oil. This obviously happens sometime before the coming of the Bridegroom. So while these waited and slept, the wise virgins took their anointing seriously and studied and prayed and learned what they needed in anticipation of the return of the LORD.

The foolish ones took their oil and did not replenish it with study and prayer, Also you must consider the times in which this will happen. Anti-Christ will be in power. Christian literature will be illegal, the 144,000 will be severely persecuted... not a christian friendly world. You may have to find someone who is illegally dealing in Bibles in those days.

The wise Virgins do not have time to pray and study if they have to teach the foolish ones the truth. So they send them to find those who deal in the Word, perhaps you have to pay a lot of money in those days to have the words of Scripture. Of course they were probably getting false scripture in that it did not cause them to come to know our LORD; it did not help their anointing.

So when they return, they do not have the same anointing as the wise ones... and the Bridegroom does not know them.

I think the oil in the lamps is the knowledge they possess, which is dependent upon the study and worship habits of the individual Virgin.

It is also possible that my understanding is flawed, and I realize that after I just read what I wrote. The number of the 144,000 does not change, so it is possible that the parable speaks of another group of virgins.

Also consider the parable that comes right after concerning the 'man traveling to a far-away country and giving talents to his servants to exchange for profit. M.

I do not agree with your interpretation of the foolish virgins. 

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not agree with your interpretation of the foolish virgins. 

I do not agree with my interpretation either. Like I said at the end of the post. I really do not know why I posted it; even after reading it before posting, it did not sound right, but I submitted anyway. I really felt so bad afterwards, by that time I realized I could not delete it. I still feel bad for posting it; a little feeling in my stomach that has not gone away as yet. I even prayed about it. I have always tried very hard to only post what I know to be truth. I don't think I have ever felt this way before, because of something I posted. Interesting though... I do apologize.

By the way, what is your interpretation of the Ten Virgins. M.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Well, one thing that seems to get overlooked.... the believers now make up the bride of Messiah.  The virgins in Matthew 25 are the bridesmaids.  If it is talking about believers, then we all got a down grade.  Not likely.  The judgement is of those who are eligible to enter into the Messianic Kingdom.

The kingdom of heaven is related to the Messianic Kingdom on earth.  Yeshua was always saying the kingdom of heaven is near, which was His offer to establish the kingdom on earth and rule.  But they would have nothing to do with it and rejected it.  So the offer was withdrawn and was fully established in Matthew 23:37-39 that it would not happen until they acknowledged Him as Messiah as per Hosea 5:14-15.  

There will be those that survive the tribulation period and they will be divided into those that go into it and those who won't.  A thorough study of the book of Ruth adds a lot of insight to the roles of the Hebrews and the Bride.  The virgins of Matthew 25 is speaking of Hebrews who survive and is related to to this passage which is separating those who have finally acknowledged Yeshua as Messiah (Hosea 5:14-15) and those who have not.. the rebels...

Ezekiel 20:33-38 “As I live,” says the Lord God, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord God.
37 I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

And the sheep and goat judgement of Matthew 25 is regarding the nations (gentiles) being judged in similar fashion, and is a discourse on.....

Joel 3:1-2 “For behold, in those days and at that time, When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:56 PM, Marlene S said:

" Your post is interesting. Personally, I should not have posted that response because I was uncertain, because I realized it could be wrong. Not sure why I did.

I guess you can say that all parables have the same meaning.

I do not agree with everything you said, specifically: "Furthermore, the foolish virgins CANNOT be the Jews, because they will NOT accept Jesus until the very end of the tribulation (the acceptance will be the trigger that brings Jesus back)."

The wise Virgins took oil with them, the foolish ones did not. It is all about the anointing. I can also see that it speaks of the Church because it is the Bridegroom.

The 144,000 are sealed because they know our LORD and they are with Him all the time; they too belong to the Church.

Do you not think that the 'meat' in due season could be the receiving of the Holy Spirit which the 144,000 receives when they are sealed? Just a curious question. M.

You seem to have forgotten that BOTH the wise and the foolish HAD oil, the difference was that the foolish "did not have enough oil". They were lacking something that the wise had MORE of. The solution was for the foolish to "go to the marketplace to "buy" more of whatever the "oil" represents. There are many Bible verses pertaining to oil, so a debate on the subject is very likely. For me, oil in this context is for the lamp - to keep the light burning. The lamp is also a key component to look at. ALL 10 virgins did have a lamp and ALL 10 were also referred to as "virgins". All these components would take many pages to cover fully, so in answer to your rejection of the sentence regarding the foolish virgins not being the Jews - I must point out that ONLY the 144K Jews accept Jesus at the start of the tribulation. This acceptance is the "faith" which is portrayed in the "lamp" but the 144K are not described as carrying lamps or connected to lamps in any way in Revelation. Rev. 1 explains the lamp as being a symbol of our faith (the Christians). The Jewish people DO accept Jesus but NOT until the end of the tribulation period.

I too believe the Holy Spirit may be the "oil" spoken of here, but then we get into the issue of "how do we get more?" John 1 2:20 "But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge." implies that knowledge is imperative in all of this. Knowledge is gained through Scripture and it appears the foolish are either lacking knowledge or more likely following false teachings about the Scriptures. The 144K are NOT the "Church" because the Church is no longer here when the 144K are "marked" at the start of the tribulation.

MEAT... "in due season" references knowledge and understanding of Scripture (more precisely prophecy). Bible verses on this imply that the "end-times" shepherds (church/religious leaders) were NOT telling their followers about the time in which they were living. In other words, correctly identifying that they are the final generation. Sure, no one knows when the rapture occurs, but we certainly CAN and SHOULD know when it is very near. The end of Luke 12 parallels the Matthew verses and I hope anyone reading this will read through it. The phrase "weeping and gnashing of teeth" will ALWAYS be used in reference to the tribulation BEFORE the 2nd coming NOT the judgments AFTER it! (Very important to understand this)

1 Corinthians 3:1

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

"Milk" is given to babies because they cannot YET handle solid food (meat). New believers are babies surviving on the milk of faith. This is seen in the verses that follow and summarized in...

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

It seems to me that "meat" refers to Obedience in faith, faith is the foundation on which the temple is built, but the walls are built (brick by brick) by our obedience. The "WOOD, HAY AND STUBBLE" (worthless works - probably religious works) in verse 12 are what gets "burned up", while the "GOLD, SILVER, AND PRECIOUS STONES" (righteous obedience) are "refined/purified" by that same fire.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

It truly is the exact crime that two people died for in the first community set up by the apostles.  The sin of holding back resources.  Please ask if you need their names (I can look up again).

Are you referring to Ananias and Sapphira? Did they dies for holding back resources, or for attempting to lie to God (the Holy Spirit)?