• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Nonsense. Yeshua` can do (and DID) whatever He wants! Furthermore, the gap between the first and second halves of the 70th Seven FULFILLS the prophecy!

If this is the case Jesus can lie to you; You are redeemed, next you are not redeemed.  Christ being the First Fruit, whoops, Christ can change that to being the last fruit.  God is Mercy, whoops, God is not Mercy; Jesus is Truth, whoops Jesus is not Truth.  All because Jesus can do whatever He wants to.  You better rethink your post.  Gabriel, through the Godhead gave information to Daniel;  7  Sevens, 62  Sevens, and a 1  Seven.  A 1 Seven is a seven year period, not two separate 3 1/2 year periods.

12 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

ALL of the end of verse 26 (and of course, verse 27 as well) happened AFTER the 62 Sevens! 

3.5 + 3.5 = 7. GET OVER IT! The final Seven began with the Messiah's offer of the Kingdom to Israel and He POSTPONED it when they rejected Him and planned to crucify Him! So, He pronounced them "desolate" and they will remain so until the END, the "consummation," or as He put it, "till [they] shall say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.'" 

Yes 3.5 plus 3.5 equals 7. So does 2 plus 5.  But a One Seven is composed of two continuous 3.5 year periods.  It is One Week, One full whole Apple.  You have half an Apple in each hand, thus not a full Week.  In the midst of the Week means there is a start and end of the Week, 7 full years.  Get over it Roy you have butchered the Original Prophecy.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

The Davidic covenant is an eternal covenant, it does not need to be reestablish. It was a promise to David.

So it must be another covenant. If another covenant, your narrative is wrong.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Shalom again, Montana Marv.

Nope! Again, the Davidic Covenant was made eternally to David, but each one of the heirs to this Covenant had to be ANOINTED! Why do you think Yeshua` is called the "CHRIST" - the "MESSIAH" - the "ANOINTED ONE" - anyway?! Do you think it was just a fluke that the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) like a dove came down and alighted upon Yeshua` at His Baptism?!

God anointed Him, and the children of Israel, beginning with His own tribe, Yhudah ("Judah"), had to anoint Him as their King, just as they did with David, and all of his heirs!

2 Samuel 2:1-4 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass after this, that David inquired of the LORD, saying,

"Shall I go up into any of the cities of Judah?"

And the LORD said unto him,

"Go up."

And David said,

"Whither shall I go up?"

And he said,

"Unto Hebron."

2 So David went up thither, and his two wives also, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail Nabal's wife the Carmelite. 3 And his men that were with him did David bring up, every man with his household: and they dwelt in the cities of Hebron. 4 And the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah.

1 Chronicles 29:26-27 (KJV)

26 Thus David the son of Jesse reigned over all Israel. 27 And the time that he reigned over Israel was forty years; seven years reigned he in Hebron (as king for Judah), and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem (as king of all Israel).

9 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

If this is the case Jesus can lie to you; You are redeemed, next you are not redeemed.  Christ being the First Fruit, whoops, Christ can change that to being the last fruit.  God is Mercy, whoops, God is not Mercy; Jesus is Truth, whoops Jesus is not Truth.  All because Jesus can do whatever He wants to.  You better rethink your post.  Gabriel, through the Godhead gave information to Daniel;  7  Sevens, 62  Sevens, and a 1  Seven.  A 1 Seven is a seven year period, not two separate 3 1/2 year periods.

Yes 3.5 plus 3.5 equals 7. So does 2 plus 5.  But a One Seven is composed of two continuous 3.5 year periods.  It is One Week, One full whole Apple.  You have half an Apple in each hand, thus not a full Week.  In the midst of the Week means there is a start and end of the Week, 7 full years.  Get over it Roy you have butchered the Original Prophecy.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Shalom, Montana Marv.

"Methinks thou dost protest too much!" Why do you have to be such a nay-sayer? How else are you going to separate the 69 Weeks from the FINAL 1 Week, which pretribbers say is yet in the future? Where does the "gap" YOU ALL propose going to come from? Where is YOUR Scriptural proof for such a gap?

NEWSFLASH!: There ISN'T any!

3 hours ago, pinacled said:

בִּשְׁנַ֣ת אַחַ֗ת לְדָרְיָ֛וֶשׁ בֶּן־אֲחַשְׁוֵר֖וֹשׁ מִזֶּ֣רַע מָדָ֑י אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָמְלַ֔ךְ עַ֖ל מַלְכ֥וּת כַּשְׂדִּֽים׃

In the first year of Darius son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans—

בִּשְׁנַ֤ת אַחַת֙ לְמָלְכ֔וֹ אֲנִי֙ דָּֽנִיֵּ֔אל בִּינֹ֖תִי בַּסְּפָרִ֑ים מִסְפַּ֣ר הַשָּׁנִ֗ים אֲשֶׁ֨ר הָיָ֤ה דְבַר־יְהוָה֙ אֶל־יִרְמִיָ֣ה הַנָּבִ֔יא לְמַלֹּ֛אות לְחָרְב֥וֹת יְרוּשָׁלִַ֖ם שִׁבְעִ֥ים שָׁנָֽה׃

in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, consulted the books concerning the number of years that, according to the word of the LORD that had come to Jeremiah the prophet, were to be the term of Jerusalem’s desolation—seventy years.

וָאֶתְּנָ֣ה אֶת־פָּנַ֗י אֶל־אֲדֹנָי֙ הָֽאֱלֹהִ֔ים לְבַקֵּ֥שׁ תְּפִלָּ֖ה וְתַחֲנוּנִ֑ים בְּצ֖וֹם וְשַׂ֥ק וָאֵֽפֶר׃

I turned my face to the Lord God, devoting myself to prayer and supplication, in fasting, in sackcloth and ashes.

וָֽאֶתְפַּֽלְלָ֛ה לַיהוָ֥ה אֱלֹהַ֖י וָאֶתְוַדֶּ֑ה וָאֹֽמְרָ֗ה אָנָּ֤א אֲדֹנָי֙ הָאֵ֤ל הַגָּדוֹל֙ וְהַנּוֹרָ֔א שֹׁמֵ֤ר הַבְּרִית֙ וְֽהַחֶ֔סֶד לְאֹהֲבָ֖יו וּלְשֹׁמְרֵ֥י מִצְוֺתָֽיו׃

I prayed to the LORD my God, making confession thus: “O Lord, great and awesome God, who stays faithful to His covenant with those who love Him and keep His commandments!

חָטָ֥אנוּ וְעָוִ֖ינוּ והרשענו [הִרְשַׁ֣עְנוּ] וּמָרָ֑דְנוּ וְס֥וֹר מִמִּצְוֺתֶ֖ךָ וּמִמִּשְׁפָּטֶֽיךָ׃

We have sinned; we have gone astray; we have acted wickedly; we have been rebellious and have deviated from Your commandments and Your rules,

וְלֹ֤א שָׁמַ֙עְנוּ֙ אֶל־עֲבָדֶ֣יךָ הַנְּבִיאִ֔ים אֲשֶׁ֤ר דִּבְּרוּ֙ בְּשִׁמְךָ֔ אֶל־מְלָכֵ֥ינוּ שָׂרֵ֖ינוּ וַאֲבֹתֵ֑ינוּ וְאֶ֖ל כָּל־עַ֥ם הָאָֽרֶץ׃

and have not obeyed Your servants the prophets who spoke in Your name to our kings, our officers, our fathers, and all the people of the land.

לְךָ֤ אֲדֹנָי֙ הַצְּדָקָ֔ה וְלָ֛נוּ בֹּ֥שֶׁת הַפָּנִ֖ים כַּיּ֣וֹם הַזֶּ֑ה לְאִ֤ישׁ יְהוּדָה֙ וּלְיוֹשְׁבֵ֣י יְרֽוּשָׁלִַ֔ם וּֽלְכָל־יִשְׂרָאֵ֞ל הַקְּרֹבִ֣ים וְהָרְחֹקִ֗ים בְּכָל־הָֽאֲרָצוֹת֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר הִדַּחְתָּ֣ם שָׁ֔ם בְּמַעֲלָ֖ם אֲשֶׁ֥ר מָֽעֲלוּ־בָֽךְ׃

With You, O Lord, is the right, and the shame is on us to this very day, on the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, all Israel, near and far, in all the lands where You have banished them, for the trespass they committed against You.

יְהוָ֗ה לָ֚נוּ בֹּ֣שֶׁת הַפָּנִ֔ים לִמְלָכֵ֥ינוּ לְשָׂרֵ֖ינוּ וְלַאֲבֹתֵ֑ינוּ אֲשֶׁ֥ר חָטָ֖אנוּ לָֽךְ׃

The shame, O LORD, is on us, on our kings, our officers, and our fathers, because we have sinned against You.

לַֽאדֹנָ֣י אֱלֹהֵ֔ינוּ הָרַחֲמִ֖ים וְהַסְּלִח֑וֹת כִּ֥י מָרַ֖דְנוּ בּֽוֹ׃

To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we rebelled against Him,

וְלֹ֣א שָׁמַ֔עְנוּ בְּק֖וֹל יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֵ֑ינוּ לָלֶ֤כֶת בְּתֽוֹרֹתָיו֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר נָתַ֣ן לְפָנֵ֔ינוּ בְּיַ֖ד עֲבָדָ֥יו הַנְּבִיאִֽים׃

and did not obey the LORD our God by following His teachings that He set before us through His servants the prophets.

וְכָל־יִשְׂרָאֵ֗ל עָֽבְרוּ֙ אֶת־תּ֣וֹרָתֶ֔ךָ וְס֕וֹר לְבִלְתִּ֖י שְׁמ֣וֹעַ בְּקֹלֶ֑ךָ וַתִּתַּ֨ךְ עָלֵ֜ינוּ הָאָלָ֣ה וְהַשְּׁבֻעָ֗ה אֲשֶׁ֤ר כְּתוּבָה֙ בְּתוֹרַת֙ מֹשֶׁ֣ה עֶֽבֶד־הָֽאֱלֹהִ֔ים כִּ֥י חָטָ֖אנוּ לֽוֹ׃

All Israel has violated Your teaching and gone astray, disobeying You; so the curse and the oath written in the Teaching of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured down upon us, for we have sinned against Him.

וַיָּ֜קֶם אֶת־דבריו [דְּבָר֣וֹ ׀] אֲשֶׁר־דִּבֶּ֣ר עָלֵ֗ינוּ וְעַ֤ל שֹֽׁפְטֵ֙ינוּ֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר שְׁפָט֔וּנוּ לְהָבִ֥יא עָלֵ֖ינוּ רָעָ֣ה גְדֹלָ֑ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר לֹֽא־נֶעֶשְׂתָ֗ה תַּ֚חַת כָּל־הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר נֶעֶשְׂתָ֖ה בִּירוּשָׁלִָֽם׃

He carried out the threat that He made against us, and against our rulers who ruled us, to bring upon us great misfortune; under the whole heaven there has never been done the like of what was done to Jerusalem.

כַּאֲשֶׁ֤ר כָּתוּב֙ בְּתוֹרַ֣ת מֹשֶׁ֔ה אֵ֛ת כָּל־הָרָעָ֥ה הַזֹּ֖את בָּ֣אָה עָלֵ֑ינוּ וְלֹֽא־חִלִּ֜ינוּ אֶת־פְּנֵ֣י ׀ יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֵ֗ינוּ לָשׁוּב֙ מֵֽעֲוֺנֵ֔נוּ וּלְהַשְׂכִּ֖יל בַּאֲמִתֶּֽךָ׃

All that calamity, just as is written in the Teaching of Moses, came upon us, yet we did not supplicate the LORD our God, did not repent of our iniquity or become wise through Your truth.

וַיִּשְׁקֹ֤ד יְהוָה֙ עַל־הָ֣רָעָ֔ה וַיְבִיאֶ֖הָ עָלֵ֑ינוּ כִּֽי־צַדִּ֞יק יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֵ֗ינוּ עַל־כָּל־מַֽעֲשָׂיו֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשָׂ֔ה וְלֹ֥א שָׁמַ֖עְנוּ בְּקֹלֽוֹ׃

Hence the LORD was intent upon bringing calamity upon us, for the LORD our God is in the right in all that He has done, but we have not obeyed Him.

וְעַתָּ֣ה ׀ אֲדֹנָ֣י אֱלֹהֵ֗ינוּ אֲשֶׁר֩ הוֹצֵ֨אתָ אֶֽת־עַמְּךָ֜ מֵאֶ֤רֶץ מִצְרַ֙יִם֙ בְּיָ֣ד חֲזָקָ֔ה וַתַּֽעַשׂ־לְךָ֥ שֵׁ֖ם כַּיּ֣וֹם הַזֶּ֑ה חָטָ֖אנוּ רָשָֽׁעְנוּ׃

“Now, O Lord our God—You who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, winning fame for Yourself to this very day—we have sinned, we have acted wickedly.

אֲדֹנָ֗י כְּכָל־צִדְקֹתֶ֙ךָ֙ יָֽשָׁב־נָ֤א אַפְּךָ֙ וַחֲמָ֣תְךָ֔ מֵעִֽירְךָ֥ יְרוּשָׁלִַ֖ם הַר־קָדְשֶׁ֑ךָ כִּ֤י בַחֲטָאֵ֙ינוּ֙ וּבַעֲוֺנ֣וֹת אֲבֹתֵ֔ינוּ יְרוּשָׁלִַ֧ם וְעַמְּךָ֛ לְחֶרְפָּ֖ה לְכָל־סְבִיבֹתֵֽינוּ׃

O Lord, as befits Your abundant benevolence, let Your wrathful fury turn back from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; for because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a mockery among all who are around us.

וְעַתָּ֣ה ׀ שְׁמַ֣ע אֱלֹהֵ֗ינוּ אֶל־תְּפִלַּ֤ת עַבְדְּךָ֙ וְאֶל־תַּ֣חֲנוּנָ֔יו וְהָאֵ֣ר פָּנֶ֔יךָ עַל־מִקְדָּשְׁךָ֖ הַשָּׁמֵ֑ם לְמַ֖עַן אֲדֹנָֽי׃

“O our God, hear now the prayer of Your servant and his plea, and show Your favor to Your desolate sanctuary, for the Lord’s sake.

הַטֵּ֨ה אֱלֹהַ֥י ׀ אָזְנְךָ֮ וּֽשֲׁמָע֒ פקחה [פְּקַ֣ח] עֵינֶ֗יךָ וּרְאֵה֙ שֹֽׁמְמֹתֵ֔ינוּ וְהָעִ֕יר אֲשֶׁר־נִקְרָ֥א שִׁמְךָ֖ עָלֶ֑יהָ כִּ֣י ׀ לֹ֣א עַל־צִדְקֹתֵ֗ינוּ אֲנַ֨חְנוּ מַפִּילִ֤ים תַּחֲנוּנֵ֙ינוּ֙ לְפָנֶ֔יךָ כִּ֖י עַל־רַחֲמֶ֥יךָ הָרַבִּֽים׃

Incline Your ear, O my God, and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolation and the city to which Your name is attached. Not because of any merit of ours do we lay our plea before You but because of Your abundant mercies.

אֲדֹנָ֤י ׀ שְׁמָ֙עָה֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י ׀ סְלָ֔חָה אֲדֹנָ֛י הַֽקֲשִׁ֥יבָה וַעֲשֵׂ֖ה אַל־תְּאַחַ֑ר לְמַֽעֲנְךָ֣ אֱלֹהַ֔י כִּֽי־שִׁמְךָ֣ נִקְרָ֔א עַל־עִירְךָ֖ וְעַל־עַמֶּֽךָ׃

O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen, and act without delay for Your own sake, O my God; for Your name is attached to Your city and Your people!”

וְע֨וֹד אֲנִ֤י מְדַבֵּר֙ וּמִתְפַּלֵּ֔ל וּמִתְוַדֶּה֙ חַטָּאתִ֔י וְחַטַּ֖את עַמִּ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל וּמַפִּ֣יל תְּחִנָּתִ֗י לִפְנֵי֙ יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהַ֔י עַ֖ל הַר־קֹ֥דֶשׁ אֱלֹהָֽי׃

While I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and laying my supplication before the LORD my God on behalf of the holy mountain of my God—

וְע֛וֹד אֲנִ֥י מְדַבֵּ֖ר בַּתְּפִלָּ֑ה וְהָאִ֣ישׁ גַּבְרִיאֵ֡ל אֲשֶׁר֩ רָאִ֨יתִי בֶחָז֤וֹן בַּתְּחִלָּה֙ מֻעָ֣ף בִּיעָ֔ף נֹגֵ֣עַ אֵלַ֔י כְּעֵ֖ת מִנְחַת־עָֽרֶב׃

while I was uttering my prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had previously seen in the vision, was sent forth in flight and reached me about the time of the evening offering.

וַיָּ֖בֶן וַיְדַבֵּ֣ר עִמִּ֑י וַיֹּאמַ֕ר דָּנִיֵּ֕אל עַתָּ֥ה יָצָ֖אתִי לְהַשְׂכִּילְךָ֥ בִינָֽה׃

He made me understand by speaking to me and saying, “Daniel, I have just come forth to give you understanding.

בִּתְחִלַּ֨ת תַּחֲנוּנֶ֜יךָ יָצָ֣א דָבָ֗ר וַאֲנִי֙ בָּ֣אתִי לְהַגִּ֔יד כִּ֥י חֲמוּד֖וֹת אָ֑תָּה וּבִין֙ בַּדָּבָ֔ר וְהָבֵ֖ן בַּמַּרְאֶֽה׃

A word went forth as you began your plea, and I have come to tell it, for you are precious; so mark the word and understand the vision.

שָׁבֻעִ֨ים שִׁבְעִ֜ים נֶחְתַּ֥ךְ עַֽל־עַמְּךָ֣ ׀ וְעַל־עִ֣יר קָדְשֶׁ֗ךָ לְכַלֵּ֨א הַפֶּ֜שַׁע ולחתם [וּלְהָתֵ֤ם] חטאות [חַטָּאת֙] וּלְכַפֵּ֣ר עָוֺ֔ן וּלְהָבִ֖יא צֶ֣דֶק עֹֽלָמִ֑ים וְלַחְתֹּם֙ חָז֣וֹן וְנָבִ֔יא וְלִמְשֹׁ֖חַ קֹ֥דֶשׁ קָֽדָשִֽׁים׃

“Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city until the measure of transgression is filled and that of sin complete, until iniquity is expiated, and eternal righteousness ushered in; and prophetic vision ratified, and the Holy of Holies anointed.

וְתֵדַ֨ע וְתַשְׂכֵּ֜ל מִן־מֹצָ֣א דָבָ֗ר לְהָשִׁיב֙ וְלִבְנ֤וֹת יְרֽוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ עַד־מָשִׁ֣יחַ נָגִ֔יד שָׁבֻעִ֖ים שִׁבְעָ֑ה וְשָׁבֻעִ֞ים שִׁשִּׁ֣ים וּשְׁנַ֗יִם תָּשׁוּב֙ וְנִבְנְתָה֙ רְח֣וֹב וְחָר֔וּץ וּבְצ֖וֹק הָעִתִּֽים׃

You must know and understand: From the issuance of the word to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the [time of the] anointed leader is seven weeks; and for sixty-two weeks it will be rebuilt, square and moat, but in a time of distress.

וְאַחֲרֵ֤י הַשָּׁבֻעִים֙ שִׁשִּׁ֣ים וּשְׁנַ֔יִם יִכָּרֵ֥ת מָשִׁ֖יחַ וְאֵ֣ין ל֑וֹ וְהָעִ֨יר וְהַקֹּ֜דֶשׁ יַ֠שְׁחִית עַ֣ם נָגִ֤יד הַבָּא֙ וְקִצּ֣וֹ בַשֶּׁ֔טֶף וְעַד֙ קֵ֣ץ מִלְחָמָ֔ה נֶחֱרֶ֖צֶת שֹׁמֵמֽוֹת׃

And after those sixty-two weeks, the anointed one will disappear and vanish.The army of a leader who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary, but its end will come through a flood. Desolation is decreed until the end of war.

וְהִגְבִּ֥יר בְּרִ֛ית לָרַבִּ֖ים שָׁב֣וּעַ אֶחָ֑ד וַחֲצִ֨י הַשָּׁב֜וּעַ יַשְׁבִּ֣ית ׀ זֶ֣בַח וּמִנְחָ֗ה וְעַ֨ל כְּנַ֤ף שִׁקּוּצִים֙ מְשֹׁמֵ֔ם וְעַד־כָּלָה֙ וְנֶ֣חֱרָצָ֔ה תִּתַּ֖ךְ עַל־שֹׁמֵֽם׃ (פ)

During one week he will make a firm covenant with many. For half a week he will put a stop to the sacrifice and the meal offering. At the corner [of the altar] will be an appalling abomination until the decreed destruction will be poured down upon the appalling thing.”

Shalom, pinacled.

I'll keep this simple: The noun construct state, "עַ֣ם נָגִ֤יד," that you've been so kind to include, makes the "נָגִ֤יד" IMPOSSIBLE to be the "he" in verse 27.

8 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Montana Marv.

"Methinks thou dost protest too much!" Why do you have to be such a nay-sayer? How else are you going to separate the 69 Weeks from the FINAL 1 Week, which pretribbers say is yet in the future? Where does the "gap" YOU ALL propose going to come from? Where is YOUR Scriptural proof for such a gap?

NEWSFLASH!: There ISN'T any!

One of your shortest Posts.

Newsflash:  Two 35 ounce cans of tomato soup is not equivalent to or is not equal to One 70 ounce can of tomato soup.

1900 to 1907 is a One Seven year period.  1952 to 1959 is a One Seven year period.  2004 to 2011 is a One Seven year period.

1900 to 1921 is Three Seven year periods.  1952 to 1973 is Three Seven year periods.

(Jan 1st of 1900 to June 30th of 1903) plus (July 1st of 2003 to Dec 31 of 2006) is not a One 7 year period.

Seven divided by Two equals 3.5.   The sum of 3.5 plus 3.5 totals 7.

Daniel 9:24 - Seventy Sevens are decreed.  Or 70 Seven year periods are decreed.  That is it, don't add to Scripture.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

On the other hand, Premillennialists are forced to accept a "futurist" position which forces ALMOST everything into the future. Why can't there be something "in-between" - a sort of combination of the two? I know, almost all premillennialists interpret the 9:27 covenant as a FUTURE event associated with the A/C, but I strongly disagree with that assumption. That puts the entire ministry and death of Jesus OUTSIDE of the 70 weeks time frame. That transfers the subject of the prophecy from Jesus over to Satan. Satan makes a covenant, then breaks it, then destroys the newly rebuilt temple BECAUSE it is an abomination to God. It takes too much imagination for me to accept that all that refers to Satan and NOT Jesus. I believe all of it is based on the false assumption rooted in the Dan. 9:27 "covenant".

I can be convinced to change my mind IF THERE WERE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE for such events. I just cannot find it in any OT prophecies (or Revelation). Something so important surely would NOT be left out of ALL other prophecies concerning the 2nd coming and tribulation right before it. It should be a pivotal and KEY event in BOTH NT and OT prophecy.

Hi Don,

Here are some snippets from an article in Gospelintheendtimes. I believe it answers the question on why is there a gap in the 70th week prophecy. Also alluded to are a few Old Testament scriptures that I believe help to unravel the last week and the covenant.  

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city." (Dan. 9:24)

Gabriel said God decreed only 70 Weeks (10 Jubilee cycles). He then defines what a “week” is. Some claim Gabriel was saying 70 more Jubilee cycles (of 49 years each) were decreed, but Gabriel clearly defines what a week is: a single Shabua, not a complete  cycle. This period (7 x 70) decreed by God and communicated by Gabriel only contains 10 Jubilees and 70 Shmitah (sabbatical) years. That is all that was decreed for Daniel’s people.

Let’s look at the graphic of the 70 Weeks 

70 7s (click on it to see the graphic)

This graphic clearly shows how the final Shabua, the 70th Week of Daniel, was violently separated from its Jubilee cycle. This violent interruption of the ongoing flow of “weeks” ended the fulfillment of Jubilees and Shmitahs.  God’s design was that Israel would accept Jesus as Messiah and King and the final Jubilee would be celebrated in the first century.   Jesus himself told us that if the Jews would have accepted him, it would have led to peace (the Final Jubilee):

When He approached Jerusalem, He (Jesus) saw the city and wept over it, saying, If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes.  For the days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a barricade against you, and surround you and hem you in on every side, and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation. (Luke 19:41-44)

The destruction of Jerusalem mentioned in this passage is a reference to Dan, 9:26 which occurs AFTER the 62 Weeks: “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.” In Luke 19, Jesus tells us this destruction occurs because the Jews did not recognize the time of their visitation by God (Jesus) and did not know what would bring them peace (faith in him as King and Messiah). This rejection of Jesus is the cause of the violent interruption of the 70 Weeks and the “gap of time.”

We see great similarities in Dan. 4. Look closer at Nebuchadnezzar’s dream of the tree. Daniel’s interpretation to the king has numerous references to end times:

You be driven away from mankind and your dwelling place be with the beasts of the field, and you be given grass to eat like cattle and be drenched with the dew of heaven; and seven periods of time will pass over you, until you recognize that the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind and bestows it on whomever He wishes. And in that it was commanded to leave the stump with the roots of the tree, your kingdom will be assured to you after you recognize that it is Heaven that rules. (Dan. 4: 25-26)

This interpretation was given to King Nebuchadnezzar about King Nebuchadnezzar and this is the primary meaning. But notice how perfectly this interpretation can also apply to Israel.  They will endure the entire 70th Week of Daniel (7 periods of time), a remnant will be driven into hiding (away from mankind) during the Great Tribulation, they will have the heart of a beast (a heart of stone) until they repent, and the issue that causes their tribulation and will solve it is recognizing Jesus as King and Messiah! (“after you recognize that the Most High is ruler of the realm of mankind.”) The bands of iron and bronze around the “stump” (Dan. 4:15) also implies the final week of Daniel as we are told the Beast has iron teeth and bronze nails (Dan. 7:19). The Beast (the Islamic Caliphate) will encircle Israel like a “band of iron and bronze.”

The dream in Dan. 4 then, is a picture of the gap being formed. Israel is cut down until they “recognize that the Most High is ruler of the realm of mankind.” This only will happen after the seven periods of time pass over them (after the completion of the 70th Week) and they look upon the one they have pierced (Jesus) and repent.

What causes the 70 Weeks to begin again? The prophecy tells us directly:

And he (the Antichrist?) will make a firm covenant with the many for one week. (Dan. 9:27)

Israel will enter into the Covenant with Death and Sheol. They will trust Antichrist rather than the Most High. As we just saw in Dan. 4, “seven periods of time will pass over you, until you recognize that the Most High (Jesus) is ruler over the realm of mankind.” Let’s look at this famous Covenant with Death and Sheol and see why it is the ultimate rejection of Jesus.

Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, and with Sheol (the Grave) we have made a pact. The overwhelming scourge will not reach us when it passes by, for we have made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception.” Therefore thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone (Jesus)for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed. (Isa. 28:15-16)

Why is this Covenant such a lack of trust in the provision of God? There are two reasons. The first is obvious, the Jews will trust the Antichrist’s false peace treaty. But there have been many false peace treaties in the past; why is this one different? I believe it’s different because this one will involve the return of the sacrificial system! The Jews will trust the sacrifice of a lamb to cause the angel of death (the overwhelming scourge) to pass over them (a picture of Passover). God has provided the true Passover Lamb, Jesus, as our only means of salvation. In AD 70, God allowed the destruction of the Temple to eliminate the opportunity of Jews to rely on the old system. He built a new system on the cornerstone of Jesus; a new temple in our hearts. When the Jews rebuild what God has torn down, they will in essence say that they can provide their own salvation, both in terms of physical peace and in terms of spiritual peace with God. It will be a great sacrilege. Why is this the “Covenant with Death?” Because it is trusting in the old covenant not the New Covenant in Jesus’s blood! This is an incredibly important new understanding for the Church! Most readers focus on the Antichrist “peace treaty” aspect of this covenant, whereas it is the trusting in the Mosaic Covenant that is the true sacrilege.

If it is Jesus strengthening an existing Covenant, what Covenant would it be that he strengthens? The Mosaic Covenant or the Abrahamic Covenant? How would Jesus strengthen these and how would they fit the prophecy as precisely as the the Covenant with Death and Sheol? Some say Jesus brings the Jews the New Covenant, but he doesn’t do that until the MIDDLE of the week (in Preterism) or the END of the week (in Futurism). This Covenant happens at the beginning of the Week so the agent strengthening it can’t be Jesus.

We now know that the “he” in Dan. 9:27 is the Antichrist and that he strengthens (GABAR) an existing covenant. It is interesting to surmise what covenant that might be. The most famous secular covenant made with Israel is United Nations Resolution 181, ratified in November 1947, which partitioned Palestine into Arab and Israeli States. Although accepted by Israel, this plan was rejected by the Arabs and resulted in the Israeli War for Independence.  This partition plan has never been recognized by the Arab states.  Perhaps, this famous covenant or the Oslo Accords will be “strengthened,” accepted by all parties, and finally become the basis for the Covenant with the Many.

A key aspect of this Covenant will be the re-institution of the sacrificial system. We know this because immediately after the mention of the Covenant we are told that “… but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering.” The Antichrist will allow the sacrifices to begin, but then at the Midpoint of the 70th Week, he will end them. The Covenant will be broken.

Interestingly the covenant is with Death and Sheol (Hades.) These two characters are clearly referenced in Rev. 6. Death is the rider of the fourth Horse; the Green Horse and Hades follows him.

I looked, and behold, an ashen (Gk: CHLOROS, meaning “bright green”) horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

We know that this horse rides at the Midpoint of the 70th Week. This reference ties all these ideas together. Israel makes a pact with Death and Hades at the beginning of the 70th Week, then at the Midpoint Death and Hades break the pact and ride their Green Horse into Jerusalem and being their reign of death during the Great Tribulation. The pieces fit like a perfect puzzle. This reference to Death and Hades in Revelation clearly shows it is the Covenant with Death and Shoel that is being referenced in Dan. 9:27.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"And he (the Antichrist) will make (Gabar)a firm covenant with the many for one week. (Dan. 9:27)

Gabar is more of “strengthen”, or more of “prevail over”? I believe it is more of “prevail over”…..in other words, a forced deal, imposed by a stronger party upon a weaker party

Dan. 11:22-23 implies this. “The overflowing forces will be flooded away before him and shattered, and also the prince of the covenant. After an alliance is made with him he will practice deception, and he will go up and gain power with a small force of people.” It is after the overflowing forces (probably including Israeli forces) are shattered that the Alliance is made.

Edited by JoeCanada
correction

9 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

One of your shortest Posts.

Newsflash:  Two 35 ounce cans of tomato soup is not equivalent to or is not equal to One 70 ounce can of tomato soup.

Shalom, Montana Marv.

It is when you pour them into a pot and cook the soup!

1900 to 1907 is a One Seven year period.  1952 to 1959 is a One Seven year period.  2004 to 2011 is a One Seven year period.

Ummmm.... You're not calculating correctly. 1900 to 1907 is a One EIGHT-year period. So is 1952 to 1959, and so is 2004 to 2011. You have to count the first year you are using as well.

1900 to 1921 is Three Seven year periods.

22 years,...

1952 to 1973 is Three Seven year periods.

22 years,...

(Jan 1st of 1900 to June 30th of 1903) plus (July 1st of 2003 to Dec 31 of 2006) is not a One 7 year period.

It IS if the two periods are related more to each other than to the years between! BOTH of these 3.5-year periods, the "ministry" of the Messiah Yeshua` during His First Advent and the 3.5 years starting with the Second Coming of the Messiah Yeshua`, are offers of the Kingdom by the King Apparent to the children of Yhudah, the Jews!

Think of it as a business proposal put on the table for a period of time. Things happened to influence the choices, and a business may choose to reject the proposal for a time, and the proposal is tabled until a later time. Then, the proposal is brought up again with a different leadership, and then their choice is to accept the offer.

This is what has happened with the Jews. Their leaders were NOT good stewards of the Land and the People of the Book, and rejected God's choice for their King. Nevertheless, He was STILL their King Apparent (being selected - ANOINTED - by God Himself), but God's Choice for King (God's Messiah) tabled the offer of the Kingdom until a leadership can come along who WILL be good stewards and accept their King. In the meanwhile, He left them DESOLATE until such time they will welcome Him back.

It's very similar to the way the Lord Denethor of Gondor, in the Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, was to be a STEWARD of the Kingdom and relinquish the role of leadership to the one who could come along with the credentials that made him king of Gondor; however, he stubbornly CHOSE to refuse the king apparent (Aragorn son of Arathorn). After Denethor's death, his son Faramir gladly turned over the kingship of Gondor to the rightful king Aragorn and he was crowned king of Gondor. (Please forgive any spelling errors; I'm recounting this story from memory.)

Seven divided by Two equals 3.5.   The sum of 3.5 plus 3.5 totals 7.

Daniel 9:24 - Seventy Sevens are decreed.  Or 70 Seven year periods are decreed.  That is it, don't add to Scripture.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I DIDN'T "add to Scripture!" You just don't understand how time works in Scripture.

21 hours ago, pinacled said:

Not sure if you realize or not. In verse 26 there is a distinction made that the anointed one vanishes.

Then the one who is to come offers a mark(covenant) an abomination of desolation.

Which is described as an appauling thing on the corner of the altar.

Anyone who receives this mark has their fate sealed.

Shalom, pinacled.

Actually, the word is "yikhaareet" from the root "kaarat" meaning "to cut" or "to cut off" or "to cut down," not "vanishes," which in itself has a number of meanings. "To vanish" can mean "to disappear suddenly and completely" or it can mean "gradually to cease to exist." It can also mean "to be lost to sight." These interpretations don't do the word, "yikhaareet," justice.

"Kaarat" is the same word that was used in Genesis 9:11 to describe "all flesh being CUT OFF by the waters of the Flood." It was also used in Genesis 15:18 to describe how YHWH "CUT" a covenant with Avraham, Avraham laying out the halves of the animals so "CUT."

The intepretation in the version you are quoting is not doing the passage justice, and it is adding words that don't belong there. "On the corner of the altar?" NONE of that is in verse 27! That is assumed because the interpreters don't understand "v`al knaf shiqquwtsiym mshomeem" any better than most do! Literally, it translates word-for-word to "and-upon/over/above a-spread-out-wing of-abominations/detestable-things with-desolation."

Mankind's imagination is a powerful advantage for mankind; HOWEVER, unchecked, it can also be its WORST "ACHILLES' HEEL!"

Keep thing in context and let the CONTEXT interpret the confusing passage!

Edited by Retrobyter
shades of "to boldly go!"

7 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

It is when you pour them into a pot and cook the soup!

I see One can of 70 ounces, which is not the same as two cans of 35 ounces. You have two cans to dispose of, I have one can. When looking at Prophecy, the dominate Prophecy always supersedes the subordinate verses.  The subordinate verses cannot in anyway change the dominate Prophecy.  If it does, the subordinate Prophecy is being used in the wrong way and thus becomes invalid.  Your narrative changes the original Prophecy.  A Seven is seven continuous years.  70 Sevens are decreed. The One Seven in v. 27 follows the Messiah being cut off in v. 26.

7 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

This is what has happened with the Jews. Their leaders were NOT good stewards of the Land and the People of the Book, and rejected God's choice for their King. Nevertheless, He was STILL their King Apparent (being selected - ANOINTED - by God Himself), but God's Choice for King (God's Messiah) tabled the offer of the Kingdom until a leadership can come along who WILL be good stewards and accept their King. In the meanwhile, He left them DESOLATE until such time they will welcome Him back.

So did those in Judea flee at the death of the Messiah according to Matt 24:15-16.    Jesus will not be the King of Israel and sit on David's Throne until he has subjects, and they must anoint Him as their King.  When, at the onset of the Mill, thus fulfilling Dan 9:24.  He did not leave them desolate.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/17/2019 at 2:41 PM, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

The Massoretic text renders it : "And one week shall confirm a covenant to many, and in the middle of the week MY sacrifice and offering shall be taken away." The use of the pronoun "my" removes all doubt concerning what sacrifice and oblation is meant.

That reading is not in ANY Hebrew test of the Tanach that I know of. The word for sacrifice is זֶבַח : it has NO possessive suffix.

Edited by WilliamL