• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/29/1993

11 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Great question.  Have you considered Romans 1:18-20  The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

A text from Hebrew Scripture.

Deuteronomy 4:28-30 New International Version (NIV)

28 There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell. 29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. 30 When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him.

It is the very nature of God to reveal Himself to all.  This is one of the attributes of God, self-revelatory.

So let me see if I understand your post a little more! you're saying that a person may have a spiritual revelation but they are too spiritually blind to either see or accept it? :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,266
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:31 PM, Phillnb25 said:

TL;DR Why doesn't God reveal himself to humanity in a stronger, more conclusive way?

Hey fam! 

This has always been troubling to me because growing up I've always read stories of people like Moses, Elijah, and even John the Baptist...etc that had first hand experiences and/or conversations with God. God seemed to make himself very evident between 1500 bce to the mid first century ad. After that God seemed in directly interact with humans less and less until today where human/God interaction seems almost non existent. I understand the counter argument of free will but if someone is actively seeking God, why does he seem so elusive? Let's start here and see if we can reason through this together ??

Hi Phillnb25,

Already some great answers so I would just like to focus on this part - His revealing before Christ and then afterwards. Previously God was dealing with people who were independent of Him. He made a nation through which He would teach the other nations about God and His ways. However as we know Israel also rebelled. God knew they would and was still moving towards His purpose through Christ.

So why did God act directly with Israel and others, because they had no other way to actually hear God`s purpose. These people were earthly and needed to hear or see what God was saying and doing. Yet we know they all rebelled, Israel and the nations, even though they saw the amazing works of God - the plagues, the Red sea parting, deliverance, kept in the desert for 40 years, (food, water, clothing not wearing out, etc etc) . So there is the key. they still turned away from God.

Now when Christ came, lived, died, rose again, and ascended to the Father, we know He sent His Holy Spirit to guide and teach us all truth of Christ, His character and His purposes. We, the believers have within us the very life of Christ, (life-giving Spirit. 1 Cor. 15: 45) This then is MORE than proof of God`s existence for the Spirit is an earnest of our good hope. `You were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.`(Eph. 1: 13)

Now the Great Multitude who will die in the tribulation of hunger, thirst and/or heat, all cry out to God for they recognise the judgments that have come upon the world and cry out for salvation. God in His mercy hears them. (Rev. 7: 9 - 17)

People know there is a God, even so called atheists, but their conscience has been marred, and the self life does not want to think of its consequences. However God is merciful and even amid judgments His hand of mercy is outstretched. Think of that, a Great multitude that no one can count. Many millions today just self-seeking will one day have to face their choice of their eternal destination.

Marilyn.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

16 hours ago, Phillnb25 said:

So let me see if I understand your post a little more! you're saying that a person may have a spiritual revelation but they are too spiritually blind to either see or accept it? :)

Something like that.  The evidence of God is made clear for all to see but not all want to see.  Those who choose to ignore or go different directions will not be able to see or comprehend. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Tzephanyahu,

perfect post. I would have been wanting to post something in case you would have not ?. You managed to dispel all the doubts as presented in the op in one post! So great. I could sense the same spirit like Josua once had when the Israelites were supposed to enter the Holy Land...

On 3/30/2019 at 12:44 PM, Tzephanyahu said:

inevitably that man [i.e. the doubter or atheist] will win his line of questioning

He will win the questioning session against us, you say ???

Look, God seems to have given you the right answer and this is because you boldly support a free debate open for all. I mean a free debate under equal conditions for all the participants.

That's why God seems to have blessed you with good points.

I think, if and only if all posters on Worthy agree in their hearts that a free and equal debate is needed when you want to answer the questions of the doubters then Worthy can win again in these questionings.

Jesus, in my opinion, only provides these sorts of victories for Christians that in their hearts are in favor of equality. I mean discussions asking 'is God loving?' and so on.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
changed the last sentence
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

On 29 March 2019 at 4:44 PM, Phillnb25 said:

I wouldn't say number 4 is false right out of the gate. It's not saying that God would force everyone into a relationship with him, just that anyone seeking a relationship with him would find one.  People still have their free will to choose to want that relationship.

Except sinners have no freewill to leave there bondage to satan and seek to serve Jesus.

It is still false.