• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

This was as far as I got in this thread.  No need to go further in the op/ it is a false teaching and is part of many many other false teachings.

the statement,  the premise, is false,  and is contrary to all Scripture as revealed by Yahuweh through Yahushua.

JEFF has sounded out the truth , very simple and very to the point .     Thus it had to get said again .    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

A hands up praise to the LORD is called for .  So let all raise those hands and praise the LORD .   

I just gotta love your enthusiasm brother. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What SHE said .      As in Jayne .      THAT is the gospel .   

Hello

Ok I found Jayne and that is the gospel.......so now, where was that found? Was that found in Peter's gospel...can you show me this gospel in Peter?

You can show me any related scripture please

Edited by douge

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

The gospel is this - Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead. And these things were foretold.

I didn't make that up - God said that.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 - "Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you — unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures."

There is only one gospel.

Jesus, before he died, called it the gospel of the kingdom and people began to repent and to be in anticipation of the Messiah, some even knowing it was Jesus.

After his death, it's called the gospel of God, the gospel, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The "good news" is all the same news.  There is only one gospel in the Bible.

Hello

What verse says the gospel of the kingdom is the same as the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 that Paul preached?

Where does scripture say that after the death of Jesus the gospel of the kingdom is called the gospel of Christ?

You can please give me any related scriptures.

Look at this verse please:

Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Here below is one of these things:

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

You said Christ was preaching the gospel of the kingdom and people were anticipating the Messiah.....anticipating the signs in the sun etc. that would have to come to pass before the kingdom would come.................OR.............anticipating the Messiah to appear to fulfill prophecy..... if so wasn't he already on earth? If so these were not signs that would precede his earthly ministry.

Edited by douge

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

The idea that Peter and Paul preached a different doctrine is heresy.  The Bible doesn't contradict itself.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:06 AM, douge said:

Peter and Paul .....

Hi douge,

I do agree with much of what you said. I would however write it a bit differently as it comes across as two different gospels, good news, when in actual fact one is just an extension of the other, with two different inheritances.

So the 12 disciples were told to preach that Jesus is both Lord and Christ, and that the people of Israel were to repent, be baptised and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

`Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.` (Acts 2: 36)

`Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptised in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."` (Acts 2: 38)

Then we know from other scriptures that Israel was promised the kingdom rule over the nations on the earth in the millennium.

Paul also preached that Jesus is both Lord and Christ, and that people needed to repent, be baptised and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Paul was later given revelation that Jesus was not only King over Israel, but was made HEAD of His Body.

`And He (Father) put all things under His feet and gave Him to be HEAD over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

Jesus is revealed to be not only king on David`s throne but the very king of glory, heaven, the ages, the very highest rulership in all of God`s great kingdom. And it is there that the Body of Christ will rule and reign with Him in the ages to come. (Rev. 3: 21)

The only difference between Peter and Paul is the inheritance of the different groups - Israel to earth, the Body of Christ to heaven.

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

The idea that Peter and Paul preached a different doctrine is heresy.  The Bible doesn't contradict itself.

Hello

Please, if you will, site a little scripture verses pertaining to the gospel from Paul and  from Peter

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, douge said:

Hello

Please, if you will, site a little scripture verses pertaining to the gospel from Paul and  from Peter

Every word in the  New Testament is a portion of the gospel.  It isn't piece meal.  Even the Old Testament points to the plan of salvation.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

42 minutes ago, douge said:

Hi douge,

Have you read what I wrote?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 4/16/2019 at 5:36 AM, douge said:

Paul and works: Paul taught salvation without works (Titus 3:5 Romans 4:6 Ephesians 2:8-9)

Douge, please read James 2 :17, 18. It then is a balanced statement with both working hand in hand as is all of what Paul taught, so that no-one was without excuse. Hope this helps you to have a broader understanding, pray, and ask The Holy Spirit to awaken you to more of Gods truth as you read The Word, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1