• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yes. It did happen. I found out about the "get together " by photos posted on Facebook. All the ladies I know from church were there and no one told me anything about it. I am thinking that I was just over looked. So I am not really mad or anything like that. I just feel kind of I guess like forgotten? I also felt it would make a good topic for discussion. So that's the story of what happened.

Are the ladies alot older than you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

27 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yes. It did happen. I found out about the "get together " by photos posted on Facebook. All the ladies I know from church were there and no one told me anything about it. I am thinking that I was just over looked. So I am not really mad or anything like that. I just feel kind of I guess like forgotten? I also felt it would make a good topic for discussion. So that's the story of what happened.

It's good hearted of you not to be angry over this, and I hope you weren't too hurt by it. I'm really sorry. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I think what you experienced would cause most anyone to be hurt. I understand you feeling forgotten.

Like BeauJangles, I commend you for not getting bitter over this. If you had been angry, forgiveness is what scripture says to do.

I agree with you that this makes for a good subject. Thanks for posting it.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

It's good hearted of you not to be angry over this, and I hope you weren't too hurt by it. I'm really sorry. 

It is a heart breaking thing to hear ....... but don’t give up hope..... I have had,  and I know plenty of others who have had ,so- called “ painful” things happen and when the truth comes out , you find that what you “ think” is going on is so far from the actual truth it is unbelievable.Crazy thinks happen all the time....things that you never even “ thought” about were going on and you and everyone else was oblivious to it.Dont languish in sorrow.....find out what happened and you may very well wind up rolling your eyes in disbelief and finding yourself laughing at the whole matter.I would be willing to bet that this is the case here.I sincerely hope so.God bless

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

You have a compassionate heart Beau. That is a good quality to have :) 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

It would depend if I thought it was intentional or accidental.  If it was a unique occurrence, I'd give the benefit of the doubt and assume accidental.  If it's been a pattern, I'd probably feel negatively in some manner over it and give some thought as to what God is doing with it and why I'm reacting that way.  I've found that when something triggers negative feelings, it often points out things we need to change inside of us (perhaps I'm insecure and too concerned with everyone in the group liking me).  Sometimes too such things are God's way of getting my attention I need to consider new directions for some things.

So...it depends.  :) 

I think as Gandalf does, with the exception of, "do you have a birthday or some other occasion coming up," and they are getting together to surprise you, just a different perspective, maybe?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

I am guessing here (more on the lines of putting myself in this position), but I think men see this differently than women.  I do know several men who have a lot of friends, where I have only a select few.  It's interesting how God made each one of us.   Some of us sadly get hurt over things that others find to be a blessing.  It's good that you have chosen to view this the way you have.   It helps the healing process to move along faster.  Since an incident like this would not bother me, I feel like it would be a cliche to say I am sorry this bothered you.

I once had a boss who disliked me because I believed in God.   He even made it known to me how he felt.   One day, he called the entire machine shop (employees) over to my area to have a meeting.   He announced he was getting married and passed everyone invitations but me.   A few noticed I did not get one and later on asked me about it.   I just gave it to the Lord and shook the dust off of my feet.   About 3 months later, the owner called both my boss and myself into his office.   Within 5 minutes of us getting there and sitting down, the owner fired my boss and promoted me to his position.   The owner had no idea what my boss had done or that he did not like me over my Faith and Belief in God.   God just made the owner see that I had value and more knowledge concerning the shop, the equipment, and that I dealt fair with people that ultimately enabled more work to get done for better profit.

I am betting God has something special in store for You, Sister!!

Just give it to Him and shake the dust off of your feet!!

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

How would you feel if a group of people from your church (like all the Lady's or members of your Sunday School class)  were all invited to a house party by another church member, and you were the only one not to be invited?  :blink:

I would feel hurt. Are you new to the group?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Then for discussion let's look at possibilities and resolutions:

All but one is invited to a function- there is reason, either because of neglect,  or by design, in either case there is some discomfort and hurt. Might as well find out which  is the case and learn how to amend and correct  going forward.  So ask ; ask of the one that hosted if there is a problem, for  the opportunity to have chosen  to go or not go was not even presented. Why? Maybe there is reason and learning of it might present opportunity to  remove some discord.

There is also strong reason to "clear the air" before next Lord's Supper.

..." But in the following instructions I do not commend you, because when you come together it is not for the better but for the worse.  For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you. And I believe it in part, for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized. 20 When you come together, it is not the Lord's supper that you eat.  For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk.  What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not.

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,  and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”  For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.  Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.  For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.  That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.  But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.

So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for[l] one another—  if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home—so that when you come together it will not be for judgment. About the other things I will give directions when I come." - From  1 Corinthians 11 

ALSO:

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.  But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.  If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.  Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” - From Matthew 18

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hee, this old man just  had a flashback to  his fourth grade Valentine's Day at school class. No not of  the number of valentines I didn't receive, but instead that  we were each to bring something, cake,  cookies, whatever. I decided to make a cake (  not my mom but me ) and selected a gingerbread pan cake to make. Now who would do that? !

I made it myself and then was starting to cut pieces, 31 of them. Couldn't figure out how to get 31 pieces so that all would have some and not miss anyone at all.

My mother tried to explain that others would be bringing cakes too and that no one would be trying to  cut 31 pieces, that all would end up having something. But no, I was determined and she  let me suffer my determination and I guess my pride in my cake.

Well the cake was the ugliest of all the goodies there and the pieces the smallest, and it got mocked as a really bad little thing and who would even want to eat  of that  when there were so many larger samples that looked so good.

HA, AND THEY WERE RIGHT, I WAS WRONG. even I didn't much appreciate my own cake.

Oh the valentines, I got a couple. Hey I was the only English kid in a class of Italians in a Italian ghetto. I was lucky I didn't get beat up. I usually had to fight my way out of school there each day. Well lots of days anyway. Sometimes a teacher would hold me in detention until 5:00 pm when everyone was gone and then release me.

Life is hard, eh? And then the Holy Spirit comes a calling. Wow!