• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

Hiya,

I'm really sorry that you're feeling so low and lonely. As others have said here, we're in excellent company, as Jesus felt lonely a lot of the time as well.

This world isn't our home. That's why we feel we don't belong here. Our home is in Heaven, with Jesus.

Even though you may not feel it, Jesus is right there with you. He is sat next to you, and He wants to comfort you and hug you. He cares about you so much and loves you.

I sometimes find that lying down, closing my eyes and listening to praise music. Imagine yourself in a lovely, quiet, peaceful and beautiful place, with Jesus, even if it's just holding His hand. I find that very comforting and makes me feel closer to Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

It pays to closely and critically examine why you feel alone and why you feel the friendships and connections you start don't last. Then you have to ask yourself what can/will you do about it. It doesn't hurt to get feedback from others but without personally witnessing the interactions over a period of time it's hard for folks over the internet to give a sound opinion. So far as feeling distant from God goes I feel like more often than not that's something that exists mainly in our own minds and doesn't have much basis in reality. It's most often because we feel there's something bad or inadequate about ourselves.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, naominash said:

Today I was praying about my own dealings with loneliness and thought this might be helpful. 

I think loneliness isn't always about the number of people in our lives. It's a desire to be known and understood.

I came to the conclusion that I've been trying to fill this need by chasing after sub-par friends. 

But I believe God is telling me that if I'd just take the leap to stop chasing bad friends and trust Him with this longing for connection, I'd experience more fulfillment through Him, and then perhaps attract the kind of friends that wouldn't constantly let me down.

It's all about having the right attitude and trusting the Lord with those voids we fill in our lives because as Christians, we just aren't going to be popular with the world. 

But popularity with people is nothing compared to knowing the Lord. It is the most amazing experience we can seek after.

So seek after Him with all your heart and perhaps we'll both overcome our loneliness.

What a friend we have in Jesus!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

As the others have said, you are not alone, as God is with you. Not only that, but this site is a place to talk; this place is where I communicate most.

I find posts like this difficult to respond to, because when it comes to me, I rather like being alone. Have you ever been to a party and thought, if I left, would anyone notice? Would anyone care? Many people might find that to be a depressing and negative thought, but it can be fun, too. If nobody is noticing you, you can just look around and watch people, without having to worry about being noticed and likewise looking strange. It's one of my favorite things to do, to step outside of myself. I pretend like i'm a detective/psychologist and i'm trying to figure people out. Being alone allows a person to focus more externally than internally. 

That being said however, I do at least somewhat understand the desire to speak with others. It's the reason I come here - Even if i'm rather reclusive and closed-off, as you said, all people are social. Perhaps you haven't found the right church just yet, or perhaps the companionship you desire is closer than you realize.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,592
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hey  a light hearted but also serious possibility. Go to Chic-Fil-A!  I just ate linch there.

The lady that took my order was a friend from my last Church that I had not seen in a while, the young lady that brought the food to my table had been one of the students at the church school. Both chatted with me and shared of what they are doing  now. I met two customers from my new church in line and one of my pastors also came in with his family, all at lunch time today. As I looked around it was T-shirt message time with  bible quotes and sayings, plus crosses, etc.  on most everyone there.  A few stoppped to say hello. It is a fun place.  I think I met eight people in all  there at lunchtime. One might even want to get a extra job there. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Hello, Figure of eighty, it's nice to meet you!

I'm new here, but have been God's daughter since '93.  I just wanted to add some thought to you post.

You know, as God's children, we will not escape any persecution...period.  What you are going through...well, I hate to say it, but it literally could be a testing of your faith.  God may be trying to get your attention, hence the loneliness and the absence of friends.  God may be wanting you to spend your time with Him...He misses you.  So, therefore, He has created an environment in your life, for you to spend that time with Him.  I believe that once you give God the time He is "requesting" from you (diligently seek Him in prayer and meditation), then He will give you the desires of your heart.

Scripture:  "Fear not, little flock: for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  Luke 12:32

Just my two cents worth, but I wanted to help you feel better about the God we serve.:6:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi Figure of Eighty,

I know how you feel. I experienced loneliness for a very long time. Long story short, after what became years of loneliness with very little friends here or there, I went on a long US road trip excursion alone. Then I discovered a completely new loneliness. The remaining members of my family were now miles away and I was surrounded by thousands of people in new cities who were enjoying their lives with eachother. And there I was alone. When I made it back to my home I had an extreme emptiness and sadness. The trip that I had so looked forward to and planned had made things even more dismal. I had to do something soon so I tried to meet people again. Believe it or not, the first person I met became my husband. :)

Keep your faith strong and your hope alive. The Lord is faithful. If you ever feel desperate, forget about suicide as an option. I believe what you are going through is temporary and so hang in there every day.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.