IGNORED

Can Afflictions Be Linked To So-called "Unholy Ground" ???

Michael37

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

There is a teaching being repeated among some groups in my city to the effect that there are places in our cities, regions, country, and in the world in general, that constitute "unholy ground".

The premise is that occupying and walking in these places can be the source of a variety of afflictions among the uninitiated and unwary.

Upon such people being discerned by those claiming to be gifted experts as being contaminated in this way, they are then exhorted to avail themselves of those considered to be deliverance experts, often one and the same, who will set them free and bring about their healing if the afflictions are physical.

Apparently in my country one of the main examples of so-called "unholy ground" is wherever the early Maori inhabitants engaged in bloody conflict, both among themselves and with the early settlers.

I have searched the Scriptures on this and have an opinion on the aforementioned teaching and practices in play, but I would like others to put forward their opinions before I post more on the matter.

Thanks, Michael37 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

I have heard of this in a vague way. There was a corner of a C of E church in Bishop's Castle in Shropshire where some said they felt 'really bad'.

I have been close to places that definitely felt weird and I know that some folk in the US walk around and 'claim' places supposedly in opposition to evil powers.

In reading about principalities and powers and knowing that Yeshua the Messiah put all things under His feet (and therefore ours), I am unsure of the ability to actually do this since God appointed the heavenly host and gave them distinct territorial powers. This can be seen in Daniel and Psalm 82 and Deut. 32 talks about this.

I would be exceedingly cautious of this practice since we are supposed to be Light and Life to a lost world and witness to the Saving Grace of the Lord. In time, God says these disobedient powers, 'will die like men' and loose their immortality.

Wigglesworth was very hesitant about this, so I am too.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

I suppose there could be evil spirits that attached themselves to certain areas?  Interesting topic.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

46 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Never had any problems while I was there for four months building his house, also, ...I have had a witch come on to my property and try to curse me two times, the first time, after I realized what she was doing, I just said, "Jesus!" ...not in fear or like when I used His name in vain before I became His, but rather in authority like, "are you kidding me," and she fled as fast as she could, the second time she came back at night while we were sleeping, she woke up my wife and she woke me up and I said, "Jesus?" in like, "...again Lord?" ...and the witch fled again, ...the third time it was a warlock and I didn't know he had tried to curse me until a friend told me about it a couple of days later.

Very very few know this story in my life, but I encountered something like this too. I called on Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

There is a teaching being repeated among some groups in my city to the effect that there are places in our cities, regions, country, and in the world in general, that constitute "unholy ground".

The premise is that occupying and walking in these places can be the source of a variety of afflictions among the uninitiated and unwary.

Upon such people being discerned by those claiming to be gifted experts as being contaminated in this way, they are then exhorted to avail themselves of those considered to be deliverance experts, often one and the same, who will set them free and bring about their healing if the afflictions are physical.

Apparently in my country one of the main examples of so-called "unholy ground" is wherever the early Maori inhabitants engaged in bloody conflict, both among themselves and with the early settlers.

I have searched the Scriptures on this and have an opinion on the aforementioned teaching and practices in play, but I would like others to put forward their opinions before I post more on the matter.

Thanks, Michael37 

If it does not keep you focused on God ignore it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I dont know about calling any place unholy ground, but there are areas of bad spiritual darkness. I dont think of it as the ground being evil but just an area where darkness is rampant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

When it comes to Satanic powers and demons, I hesitate to say that anything is or isn't possible. We just don't know enough.

There may well be some locations where demonic power is concentrated - either because people living there are particularly involved with the things of Satan, or because of what has happened there in the past.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

The reality is that  Jesus reclaimed ALL that ground previously ceded to principlalities and powers.  IN HIM the dominion Adam gave away is restored.  This  whole earth  is destined to be restored to His rule and IS part of our  inheritance in Him. 

Just exactly what we do about that, when and where, better be according to the battle plan of the  Commander of Hosts.  It's not safe to look at what  He did in one battle and assume anything  about how  He intends to fight  the next....remember Ai.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Thanks, Michael37 

Hi Michael :)

I believe that there is not such a thing for Christians to stand on unholy ground but non-Christians are standing on unholy ground, the devil is defeated and we're standing on Holy Ground :)

Everything which is not of God is from the enemy,so "yes" I believe there are places where demons feel comfortable ..

We're standing on Holy ground

For the Lord is present

And where He is is Holy

This is Holy ground

We're standing on Holy ground

For the Lord is present

And where He is is Holy

These are Holy hands

He's given us Holy hands

He works through these hands

And so these hands are Holy

These are Holy hands