IGNORED

Where in heavenly Jerusalem do you want to live ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

According to the measure of the Angel's the New Jerusalem is 15.ooo miles wide and 15.000 miles long. And 15000 miles high. 

The city of God is where the bride of christ is going to live with God the Father and Jesus Christ. The throne will be in the center of the city. I personally want to have my house right near the center. 

I think it matters where you will be. Your position will depend on it to. All places,will be good even though. 

Does anyone have good ideas what the rest of the city will be like. And what will be there ? Anything like earth now ? Markets maybe. Sports going on. Definitely worship and songs of praise. Will there be farms and things being produce ? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I think Jesus & the Father decide that :)  Jesus rules the earth for 10000 years,  it's quite possible that we do get to choose where we live in the new heavenly city but I kind of doubt that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

Just put me outside the gates.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

I hope there is Golf in Heaven.....if that pans out, I would like to be close to the 1st Tee! .......( an infinite amount of Mulligans would be nice also)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Where in heavenly Jerusalem do you want to live ?

From my understanding, it will be a little closer in proximity to our present location. Or maybe I'm wrong. 

Either way, anyplace will be fine by me. I'm not that picky. Maybe near the Candy Store? :P

Revelation 21:1-2 KJV 1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

On 5/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, Wayne222 said:

According to the measure of the Angel's the New Jerusalem is 15.ooo miles wide and 15.000 miles long. And 15000 miles high.

That's 3,375,000,000 cubic miles. So since estimates claim that only 2 billion people have lived since the flood up to about 100 years ago and now we have 7.5 billion living, that leaves about under 10 billion total and so 1/3 of that would be 3.333 billion Christians who will accommodate 3.375 billion cubic miles. That gives us each a mansion with about 1 cubic mile each. I'm guessing that whatever your dream environment is, that is what it will be for you. For me Kaui was as close to paradise as I could imagine or Bora Bora.

I'll settle for that! :) Then again,  having a multi-dimensional body that can fly or beam anywhere you want, you would have a variety of all the beautiful ecological environments that we see on earth - only perfect, no flaws. And since the idea of privacy is a selfish concept, you would want to be with others, sharing and loving all of it. Why would you need a mansion? Protection from the elements - what elements? No storms, cold or excessive heat that will burn you. You have an indestructible body, a comfortable perfect climate, no pests to bite you or sting you, no disease, no dangerous beasts ... No sleeping anymore, you'll never get tired.  And more importantly, what will we be doing?  I guess everyone will pursue and enjoy the gift that God has given them. Some maybe never found it, but in heaven, we will all excel at whatever we do - how rich.

Edited by RonaldBruno
Wow, calculations way off
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

18 minutes ago, RonaldBruno said:

That's 3,375,000,000,000 cubic miles. So since estimates claim that only 2 billion people have lived since the flood up to about 100 years ago and now we have 7.5 billion living, that leaves about under 10 billion total and so 1/3 of that would be 3.333 billion Christians who will accommodate 3.375 trillion cubic miles. That gives us each a mansion with about 1,000 cubic miles or 100 square miles by 10 miles high or 1000 square miles by 1 mile high - however it's divided. I'm guessing that whatever your dream environment is, that is what it will be for you. For me Kaui was as close to paradise as I could imagine or Bora Bora. Bora Bora is only 12 square miles ... I'll settle for that! :) Then again,  having a multi-dimensional body that can fly or beam anywhere you want, you would have a variety of all the beautiful ecological environments that we see on earth - only perfect, no flaws. And since the idea of privacy is a selfish concept, you would want to be with others, sharing and loving all of it. Why would you need a mansion? Protection from the elements - what elements? No storms, cold or excessive heat that will burn you. You have an indestructible body, a comfortable perfect climate, no pests to bite you or sting you, no disease, no dangerous beasts ... No sleeping anymore, you'll never get tired.  And more importantly, what will we be doing?  I guess everyone will pursue and enjoy the gift that God has given them. Some maybe never found it, but in heaven, we will all excel at whatever we do - how rich.

If God is the builder and maker,You can be sure in will be great,wonderful, mind blowingly brillient .

As there is not limit to God, space want be a problem

No over crowding over there, in the new heavens and earth.

Edited by vic66

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  33

I think we are trying to vision it from worldly minds, because this world is all we have experienced.

As 1 Corinthians 2:9 says:

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.””
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:9‬

It will be so marvellous, blissful and awesome.

To see our LORD JESUS CHRIST and be in His presence. 
Oh to worship Him and praise Him for all eternity!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It doesn't matter...   I could be homeless on the streets and be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The city of God is where the bride of christ is going to live with God the Father and Jesus Christ. The throne will be in the center of the city. I personally want to have my house right near the center. 

I think it matters where you will be. Your position will depend on it to. All places,will be good even though. 

Does anyone have good ideas what the rest of the city will be like. And what will be there ? Anything like earth now ? Markets maybe. Sports going on. Definitely worship and songs of praise. Will there be farms and things being produce ? 

The book of Revelation tells us where our home will be. What the Bible is silent on I don't go there.