• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

this protesting is getting way out of hand! If the arresting officers actions need to be looked into and some form of reprimand or punishment is called for, fine. What irritates me, is that folks are forgetting that Floyd committed the crimes of passing counterfeit money and resisting arrest. What do folks expect the police to do? Give him a lolly and send him on his way? All this mass protesting is are people committing criminal acts for entertainment purposes. It hurts the communities they live in and that is all. Plus it is not going to help contain the Cov19 problem, just make it spread and get much worse.

Just my two bits, JJ

No matter what George  did, you cant justify what the police officer did.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I don't pay a lot of attention to what is going on in our world. God is in control and our world is getting very dark. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Sorry for not following up on this thread very well. I had a pretty bad accident here and though nothing was broken or anything, I'm in a lot of pain and holding back on most activities. I'm here in bed with a lot of pain to deal with and not receiving adequate pain management.

It could have been worse, so it was one of those things. Anyway, I don't have an FM stereo/radio here in my room. Just television with 48 satellite stations - 3 are out. Does anyone know if there's any music being played on the air today? I was just curious if radio stations were observing it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

I pray that you are ok Beau!!!

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, other one said:

No matter what George  did, you cant justify what the police officer did.

The officer was using a legal restraint move against a 6' 6" criminal resisting arrest, and other medical issues seem to have been an issue.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

If it would have been one of my family, my opinion would not change a bit. You don't know me friend, so do not assume how I would react sir.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I was arrested once err twice. The cops were very mean. I’m a pretty white lady. They were very rough and overly mean. I don’t think it’s all race. It’s POWER. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

I was arrested once err twice. The cops were very mean. I’m a pretty white lady. They were very rough and overly mean. I don’t think it’s all race. It’s POWER. 

It doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience, Kristin. And I'm really sorry you had to go through such an unfortunate ordeal with the authorities. There were a couple of pretty scary moments as a juvenile, but I was with the wrong crowd and at a bad time also. Nothing terrible happened, of course. It all turned out okay. I'm not siding with them or against you either, due to not knowing any details. 

I don't know know your situation nor am I making a call on it.

So there's no judgement on my behalf. 

Here was mine as a teen. 

Absolute courtesy and respect got me out of a jam. We do need to understand the horrible and potentially dangerous creeps the police deal with on a daily basis. They require respect and if it's not reciprocated, they can make it rough on an individual. They're stressed. They do take a lot of risk taking for their own safely and often their lives as well. One split second mistake could result in an extremely deadly one.

One more mention on the authorities. When someone becomes physically combative, they're looked upon as being potentially very dangerous. Especially individuals who are obviously impaired. They can become beyond humanly powerful for brief periods and do a lot of damage. Moments like these can be a pretty tough call for the police as well. Looks can be deceiving. Even a small person can be very menacing. 

Okay, I think that pretty much explains it. 

Today one of our satellite stations posted a message of condolences and had one minute of silence on TV.

And that covered Black Out Tuesday. 

No, not quite a musical thing. 

Still it had it's sentiments.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 5/31/2020 at 5:05 PM, BeauJangles said:

I just stumbled across this bit of news on my search engine. The music industry backed by Capitol Records is calling for a "Black Out Tuesday" in protest of the George Floyd incident. Well, here's the link but I'm not sure what they're expecting. Like radio broadcasts not to play any tunes that day? I don't know if sponsors are going to appreciate commercial losses of revenue unless they favor this. I guess we'll see. Or won't hear anything but dead air on the FM dial. I hope they don't expect me to avoid YouTube. I'm a daily listener.  

Music Industry Calls for Tuesday Blackout, Solidarity for ...

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/music-industry-companies-blackout-george-floyd...

Music Industry Calls for Tuesday Blackout, Solidarity for George Floyd – Variety Collective fury over the death of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted the music industry to...

The radio worked today.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If they had done it, it would have been a VERY LOUD Statement.