George Floyd

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

What happened to Floyd was tragic, however he was a career criminal breaking the law, resisting arrest. I f he wouldn't have been committing a crime, this would not have taken place. Floyd is not a martyr, only an example of what may happen if you seek a career as a criminal.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m waiting for the trial. Police are affected by fear and adrenaline. You don’t just stop as soon as a person is subdued, you stop when you feel safe. Only a person in that situation can make that call. If he was a drug addict they have to take extra precaution with him. What is scary are the riots that will occur if he is found not guilty after the facts are looked at. I know there is racism and hatred, but I also know things are not always as they seem.

9 minutes. 9 whole minutes. The officer had several other officers with him who could have intervened.

The man was down and cuffed.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

54 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m waiting for the trial. Police are affected by fear and adrenaline. You don’t just stop as soon as a person is subdued, you stop when you feel safe. Only a person in that situation can make that call. If he was a drug addict they have to take extra precaution with him. What is scary are the riots that will occur if he is found not guilty after the facts are looked at. I know there is racism and hatred, but I also know things are not always as they seem.

Sorry for the double post.

Edited by leah777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this was not police brutality, it is second degree murder..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, BorderCowboy said:

I f he wouldn't have been committing a crime, this would not have taken place.

I believe it is unknown at this time if he did commit a crime. He was accused of crime. Which I know can happen to anyone.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There isn't a way to discuss this event without inducing some emotion in regard to the incident. Watching the man die is painful and very upsetting to say the least. I fail to see how a man who has his hands tied behind his back on the ground, face down with two other cops laying on his chest is a threat to the cop charged with murder who by the way has both knees on him. One on his neck and the other on his back with both of his hands tucked in his pockets. Sitting on Floyd quite comfortably. If the cop felt comfortable enough to keep his hands tucked in his pockets, Floyd was certainly not a threat, was he? And after Floyd lost unconsciousness, he most certainly was NOT a threat to the cop who was still on Floyd's neck for an additional 3 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

This anger may very well bring on a national revolt. This is going all the way to the white House. Generals are saying that our presidents need to be scrutinized more closely. They still don't understand the gravity  as to what is happening. There won' be any more Republican or democrat. The next step now is globalism. You might say I am crazy. That OK Just wait.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

4 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

What happened to Floyd was tragic, however he was a career criminal breaking the law, resisting arrest. I f he wouldn't have been committing a crime, this would not have taken place. Floyd is not a martyr, only an example of what may happen if you seek a career as a criminal.

Just my two bits,  JJ

Trying to justify murder by stating a man is a "career criminal" implies he deserved it. From what I gathered, his crime was trying to pass a fake $20 bill. Another famous "I can't breathe" choking death was against a man selling loosies... single cigarettes.... on the street. No one is trying to justify criminal activity, but to even suggest what you are suggesting is a not so veiled attempt to somehow justify it, and I cannot buy it, nor should any of us.   

The problem is..... this is not happening to whites. If a group of black officers had taken down a white man and choked him to death, with video accompanying it, I wonder how many would be trying to minimize it by stating his crime caused him  to get murdered. I suspect there would be a multitude of lynchings before the next morning. 

Let's not lose sight of the truth staring us in the face. As Lady Kay said.... nine minutes, a slow suffocating death deserved by no one, black or white. That is all that matters right now. 

blessings, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

A woman just standing there.. and her husband... Man crying out about how she was being treated by two black men. Those two..TRUTH.. I can't see how they will ever be the same.. after how.. awful.. Or the man just calling the police and then all the people that went in and.. . just awful. Then two black cops.. lost their life. Those two cops were murdered. That seems to be not as bad.. as what happen to Floyd. Yet.. in America it is worse. You will do more time.. or never get out. I have more stories.. and there is video to back up each.. and I never looked for one of these..

I did a search more then once.. looked at different links. And whats been said here by one I can see right now.. is not true at all. I looked back to 2013. Even how many Cops have lost their life.

See hind sight is 2020. And I ask.. (yet know) what was Floyd doing when the Police came? Did Floyd resist? Was Floyd on anything? Does Floyd have a past? And how many looked at his body and what happen to him.. did they come to the same conclusion? So... what is it you really know? Other then how you personally feel?

So many things awful evil things have happen over the last few says.. and most of those.. no one is protesting for them. Watching some bow to a group of people and aother.. that as of late.. have done more evil. And....

Some in this world.. you live with.. are family.. that are not black or white.. have been mistreated .. by white and black together.. where in the past.. men women children lost there lifes. And then my wife.. Chinese.. how as of late she been treated..

Sorry.. who matters here? I guess if you don't see it hear it on SOME media channels.. its no real. God does not see color. And we of the light.. stick up for ANY LIFE..every life.. we never pick sides. I don't care if 100..are more mistreated.. vs one. I will fight for the one. For each life.. I can not put a value on. Shame on those that do.

This is the world with out Christ. We have given man to much credit. Black white red yellow.... none are good. With out Christ.. there will NEVER be any kind of peace. With out HIM in the front.. the sides the back.. Unless HE gets all the glory and praise.. and unless WE take this fight to where it really is.. its not with man.. love them.. forgive them.. ooh pushing over carts.. even the cop.. even those that killed the two cops.. and those that ..oh treated that husband and wife.. love your enemy. NO thats not looking the other way.. but MAN will treat them.. differently then GOD will

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

11 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Yes a great wrong has been committed. No question. 

However- he was a giant. 6ft 6 inch tall. Criminal history. 46 years old so at the very peak of strength. 

Worth thinking about anyone faced with a man of that size and weight with seconds to decide action. Police face severe injury and death anytime. 

Nobody should die as he did of course. But context is an essential element. Yes there is a lot of injustice and such wrongs but - this man had once held a gun to a pregnant woman, done time in prison. 

Let's have all aspects out in the light of examination. Not paint a onesided picture. That too is dangerous.

Yes I agree with everything you said.  Floyd abandoned his kids, to the point that when he died, his kids didn't even know it was him.  Their mother had to tell them 'oh by the way, that was your dad'.

He had a massive criminal history, and he was in fact a huge guy.   If you find the longer video, Floyd is seen being moved by a police officer, and honestly Floyd made him look like a dwarf.

So this guy was no saint.  He was a life long burden on society.  And just to be honest, it doesn't bother me, that he's gone.  He would have continued being a criminal, and victimizing people.

All that said...

The issue with the officer, is simply that he had a knee on the guys neck.  We know that he was already in cuffs, before he ended up with a knee on his neck.

Additionally, officers are trained to put the knee on your shoulder blades, if they need to hold you down.

The only unknown at this point is, what happened in the few seconds, before the video of him with a knee on his neck.

And honestly, that's the problem with these situations.  We don't know.  If the person who made the recording, edited the recording to only include the knee on the neck, or if that is the only when he started recording... either way we have no idea why it went from him being calmly put into the cop car, to being pinned to the ground with a knee on his neck.

I have to assume he started fighting the officers.  I can't imagine why the officers would do that, without cause.

Regardless, the officer will likely be convicted.

The only thing that irritates me, is all the people who think that no one should ever be hurt by an officer.   If you don't want to be hurt by police.... stop breaking the law.  Stop fighting with police.  Stop resisting arrest.

People have this weird idea that police can always avoid injuring the other person, when that other person is fighting them.  You can't.

Edited by LonerAndy
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1