Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

ReI just finished reading a brilliant piece by Retrobytr in the “7 year Tribulation” Post (tpage 7 of 7)....

I am unable to go back to sleep and do not want to return right back to chapter 11 of Daniel- yet), so I thought I might start a new topic that MAY still be open for interpretation.

Question: What do you folks believe was written in the dirt by Jesus when the Pharisees we’re bringing the woman who was just caught in adultry?

Thank you, Charlie 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

He wrote twice, just like on the Mountain where He gave the law twice on tablets of stone. Where He wrote was in the dust on the temple approaches. (stone)

The accusers were quick to notice this and understood the implications. They faded away. Yeshua, The Law Giver was present right there and then.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Where the Bible is quiet we His children should be the same....

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you enoob57... but my thought is that God never would write His Word without a perfectly good reason. His Words are much too valuable... I believe He wants us to discover His messages- and some are right in front of us, and many are quite difficult to unpack... but not one word or jot or tittle is for not...

just a thought, thanks, Charlie 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

48 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you enoob57... but my thought is that God never would write His Word without a perfectly good reason. His Words are much too valuable... I believe He wants us to discover His messages- and some are right in front of us, and many are quite difficult to unpack... but not one word or jot or tittle is for not...

just a thought, thanks, Charlie 

This also is how a gnostic spirit takes hold... looking for the deeper meanings or higher knowledge... The number one rule in hermeneutics is if the simple truth makes sense seek no other sense... as the passage is written- God thought it not necessary to record what was written for it is not written... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

enoob57... can not understand why or how you could possibly make such a comment... 

If I understand your thoughts you are saying that truth, as YOU determine, is that there is no message or meaning to His writing?

I have NO desire to combat you whatsoever on this or any other subject!  My truth tells me otherwise and I am interested in other’s views and opinions- their truth!!

I posed a question and you have offered your opinion... accepted! I simply responded with my belief that God has a reason for everything! 

Best wishes, Charlie 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

enoob57... can not understand why or how you could possibly make such a comment... 

If I understand your thoughts you are saying that truth, as YOU determine, is that there is no message or meaning to His writing?

I have NO desire to combat you whatsoever on this or any other subject!  My truth tells me otherwise and I am interested in other’s views and opinions- their truth!!

I posed a question and you have offered your opinion... accepted! I simply responded with my belief that God has a reason for everything! 

Best wishes, Charlie 

6They said this to test Him, in order to have a basis for accusing Him. But Jesus bent down and began to write on the ground with His finger.

7When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.” 8And again He bent down and wrote on the ground.

9When they heard this,b they began to go away one by one, beginning with the older ones, until only Jesus was left, with the woman standing there. 10Then Jesus straightened upc and asked her, “Woman, where are your accusers?d Has no one condemned you?”

And it looks like YOU have determined there is a reason beyond what the Bible records and that YOU determine the reason must be profound. 

The reason could have been just ignoring them, which Jesus was clearly doing.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

16 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This also is how a gnostic spirit takes hold... looking for the deeper meanings or higher knowledge... The number one rule in hermeneutics is if the simple truth makes sense seek no other sense... as the passage is written- God thought it not necessary to record what was written for it is not written... 

Are you implying that you understand the meaning of all scripture? Or that your application of 'sense' has revealed the meaning of all scripture and requires no 'seeking' to understand? One can read a line of text and understand the meaning of the words, but this doesn't mean that the intent of those words is grasped. Isn't this where both correct balance and the Holy Spirit assist us? Jesus explained why He spoke in parables at times.

I suggest that there is indeed deeper meanings under the surface of the words in text. Peter mentioned Paul's writing hard to understand. Those words require 'illumination'. One verse can be read for decades until one day, it is opened to us by the Holy Spirit.

I think you protest too much--regarding our brother's words.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

My question is not that the message of this story was / is not discovered or readily available to us... it is a very clear message of forgiveness by the Lord... that is not the purpose of the original question.

The question is rather simple: what do the folks in this forum believe was being written in the dirt by Jesus... that’s all!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Everything Jesus did seems to have purpose and meaning and I'm sure there is a purpose the holy spirit made sure his actions were recorded. I'm not sure what these actions mean at this time but with all things I don't know I will acknowledge I don't know until I do. I've learned never to just dismiss something I don't understand because I've learned that someday the spirit may teach me it's meaning. 

• Well Said! 1