Charlie744

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

Ok. So now everyone who keeps Sabbath daily is a secret Roman Catholic. Whatever. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/28/2020 at 8:54 AM, Charlie744 said:

Should we keep the 7th Day Sabbath or Sunday, the first day I the week?

Gen. 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it...

This is the only day of the week God specifically blessed and sanctified. It has been my experience that keeping the Sabbath brings that blessing upon me.

Whether or not you meet in fellowship on any other day of the week is irrelevant to that point.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

23 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Eddie, just read part of your response again and I wanted to say something else...

You are correct in that there are “shadows and types”, such as the Sacrificial system, the Temple, the high priest, the 7 Feasts, etc., These were designed to represent those events that would be fulfilled by the Messiah. 

Now regarding the Sabbath (big S) and the 10 commandments, they are NOT “shadows and types”. The Sabbath is permanent and the 10 commandments reflect His character, and written in stone — not going anywhere!

However, this works for me.. it may not be in line with your studies or interpretations.

Charlie

The sabbath day is a shadow of things to come. Jesus is that Sabbath day fulfilled. Also the Ten Commandments are a shadow of things to come as well. When in Jesus we are in the Sabbath day because now we are in grace. This external day pointed to an internal day which is a person who we flow out of as our life.

The Ten Commandments pointed to the law not written in stone anymore but is written in the fleshy tables of our hearts now in the New Testament. That law is now no longer external as something we keep but now the law keeps us because it’s Jesus the Holy Spirit living within us. Him living in us is Spirit law that’s written upon our hearts and minds as Jeremiah tells us in..

Jeremiah 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Remember in the New Testament we don’t keep the law or Sabbath but they are a person who keeps us now. Our flesh can’t keep them anyways. That was the whole point of the law to show us that.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Eddy, thanks for your response! I do not interpret the 10 commandments and the Sabbath in the same manner. 

The Sabbath is a special DAY He created so we can spend that day with Him. It still is and will always be a special / Holy Day until the end of time. However, I think I may be able to see how you are interpreting this.... The Sabbath is a “type” in that it does represent the period (no time in His Kingdom), that we will spend with Him. But, the Sabbath will always be that Holy Day while we are here on earth.

The 10 commandments represent His law and character. They were written in stone for a reason - they are permanent and will never change. And He will write them in our hearts, but that doesn’t mean they are a “shadow or type”. To me it means He will give us the ability to “feel, obey and live” His laws as though it is not just a list of regulations, but it can now becomes part of us. It is now in our DNA. 

If that is similar to what you mean, then I agree with you, but these two have not been fulfilled or done away with as a result of His coming. 

Perhaps we just have a different way of looking at this ?

In any event, thanks for your thoughts!!!

Charlie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

20 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Gen. 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it...

God is the same always. He is still someone who wants us to separate what is holy from what is vulgar. The Sabbath will not turn into a vulgar day and a vulgar day cannot be the Sabbath.

A few things were adapted to our limitations throughout Human history, but this is something God created before the fall of Adam and Eve. Why would we have to forget now something He allowed us to bring with us out of Eden? On the fourth commandment, God shows us that we are still invited to His Holy Temple in Time, the Sabbath. We are still welcomed to reunite with God, all together on this special day.

Legalists are those who need a Law to accept a God's request. Even if i didn't believe that the Ten Commandments are for us today, i would still believe the Sabbath is a day to celebrate our Creator. It is a day i prepare with joy, it makes a bliss out of every week.
Edited by Abrielle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,997
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 10/8/2020 at 11:57 PM, Charlie744 said:

Not one jot or tittle will pass away.... we have absolutely no right to determine if and what Words of His are no longer relevant.... 

image.png.675d48b8cb15d4669d3a3d6eb6c7d9e9.png

I guess a few people missed their birthdays that year.

• Haha 3
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/9/2020 at 6:31 AM, Charlie744 said:

The 10 commandments represent His law and character. They were written in stone for a reason - they are permanent and will never change. And He will write them in our hearts, but that doesn’t mean they are a “shadow or type”.

Indeed.

Matt. 19:17 [Jesus said,], But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’  ...

Rev. 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple.

Ex. 34:28 And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

This particular covenant has never changed, because they were spoken by the mouth of the LORD Himself. Unlike the statutes and ordinances, which were given through a mediator, Moses. Gal. 3:19, Jer. 7:22

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,231
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

On 10/9/2020 at 2:57 PM, Michael37 said:

:13:

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,997
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 10/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, Michael37 said:

For those who don't get it...

Why 11 Days Were Wiped Away

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Michael37    

You still got some splaining to do Lucy