• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi

I’ve been a Christian for over 7 months and the whole time I’ve had very strong emotions/ feeling of love and affection for God. 

Then like 2 weeks ago I went through a lot of stress and stuff and unwilful sin (bad blasphemous thoughts triggered by fear of unpardonable sin) I complained in my head a lot and even blamed God and got angry at him I think. I was like this for days.

For over a week and maybe two, icr, I kept on complaining and thinking blaming thoughts about God and him not helping me and stuff ?

I struggled with my relationship with God the whole time as a Christian. I’m not close to him and don’t really have a relationship with Jesus at all ?

I feel like we don’t have long left here and it makes me worry for my family who need saved and ..

It makes me feel scared condemned forced and pressured to pray to him all the time otherwise idk if I’ll ‘I’ll make it’

I’m scared of God and he scares me.

It’s hard to pray when I don’t really feel anything (emotion towards him )

I also read that if you don’t love God you don’t get to be with him and that puts me under more pressure.

I asked God for my feeling and emotion back the feelings of strong love for him. 

I care about the emotions I had (affection and adoration) 

Because I don’t feel them they get replaced with other emotions like anger fear numb ....

I also found out God the father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit have different personalities. I get confused on who to pray to or focus on more. 

i struggled to feel affection for Jesus before but felt it for God the father and it concerned me.

I feel distant and God almost feels like a stranger now ?

I feel like we don’t have much time left and I feel like my relationship with God isn’t the best ?

thanks for reading ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi

I’ve been a Christian for over 7 months and the whole time I’ve had very strong emotions/ feeling of love and affection for God. 

Then like 2 weeks ago I went through a lot of stress and stuff and unwilful sin (bad blasphemous thoughts triggered by fear of unpardonable sin) I complained in my head a lot and even blamed God and got angry at him I think. I was like this for days.

For over a week and maybe two, icr, I kept on complaining and thinking blaming thoughts about God and him not helping me and stuff ?

I struggled with my relationship with God the whole time as a Christian. I’m not close to him and don’t really have a relationship with Jesus at all ?

I feel like we don’t have long left here and it makes me worry for my family who need saved and ..

It makes me feel scared condemned forced and pressured to pray to him all the time otherwise idk if I’ll ‘I’ll make it’

I also read that if you don’t love God you don’t get to be with him and that puts me under more pressure.

I asked God for my feeling and emotion back the feelings of strong love for him. 

Because I don’t feel them they get replaced with other emotions like anger fear numb ....

I also found out God the father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit have different personalities. I get confused on who to pray to or focus on more. 

i struggled to feel affection for Jesus before but felt it for God the father and it concerned me.

I feel like we don’t have much time left and I feel like my relationship with God isn’t the best ?

thanks for reading ?

Satan does not like it when you become a Christian. Life does not become better when you give your life to God. God d0es not leave you. You are the one who moves. Just continue to pray and stay close to God. Be obedient to God.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,126
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I feel like we don’t have much time left and I feel like my relationship with God isn’t the best 

Well, I've been a Christian for over 50 years now...   and from my experience, relationship with God is like any other relationship...    It gets stronger and less strong as time goes along.

I can tell you that the day you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior (I'm assuming you have done that) you really made the devil mad...    As your relationship with the Lord develops stronger you will be able to ignore his fiery darts so to speak.    When those things come into your mind, know from where they come and you can speak to those that are responsible for them coming and remind them of where they will spend eternity and where you will be...   and clear them out of your mind.  I think relationships with the Lord grow as we need him more and more as time comes along...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Hi

thanks for reading ?

Our trust and confidence (faith) in God is something that grows over time.  It is not a matter of eliminating doubt or trying to stoke up emotion.  It is a natural result of seeing God at work in our lives and others' lives over months, years, and decades.  I daresay all Christians go through periods of doubt and fear at some point.  But it is getting to know God more and more that reduces fear and doubt because we come to have more trust and confidence in God as we know Him more.  It's not an overnight thing but rather a process of growth.  It's perhaps a trite saying, but the Christian life is a marathon, not a sprint.  

One of the hardest things for most Christians is figuring out what our individual walk with God is to be like.  He created each of us as unique individuals.   If we walk with God the way He created us to, things go better.  If we try to copy what other people do, we often burn out and have to force ourselves to keep going...and then feel guilty when we fail to do so as much as we think we should.

Things such as prayer, Bible reading and study, fellowship, and the like can be done in many different ways.  We need to figure out what works best for us at particular stages of our walk and spiritual growth.  Don't be afraid to experiment to figure out what works best for you.  I had a pastor whose daily Bible reading consists of using the 1-Year Bible and reading the daily readings every morning when he gets up.  He's been doing that for probably close to 20 years now.  Other people use different reading plans.  Some may read the Bible through over the course of say 6 months to a year.  Others read a chapter a day.  Some read in the morning and some in the evening and some while riding the bus or whatever.  You need to figure out what works best for you.  Prayer, fellowship, discipleship, and other things work in a similar way.  We need to figure out what is working best for us.

Often Christians pick some method or schedule that worked for someone else and try to copy it.  A lot of guilt emerges when it's not working and they end up burning out and forcing themselves to try to keep doing something that doesn't work for them.  We need to figure out how to walk with God the way He created us to.  It took me a decade or more to figure out that I run through seasons of perhaps 3 to 6 months where something will work great and then I slowly lose steam.  I used to feel guilty and try to force myself to keep going.  I then finally learned that for me, losing steam is a sure sign it is time for me to find a different way to do things.  Some people find something that works and have done it for decades.  You need to figure out what works best for you.  Listen to what works for other people to get some ideas and then experiment.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

4 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi Caitlin:

An important aspect of our Christian building project is revealed in these inspired words: “Let us press on to maturity.” (Hebrews 6:1) Maturity is a wonderful goal for a Christian. Unlike perfection, which for now is beyond the reach of humans, maturity is an attainable goal. Further, Christians find greater joy in serving God as they mature. Why is that?

Spirituality and maturity come through training. Consider this verse: “Solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Hebrews 5:14) When Paul spoke of our powers of discernment being “trained,” he used a Greek word that was likely in common use in the gymnasiums of first-century Greece, for it can be rendered ‘trained like a gymnast.’ Now think of what such training involves.

When we were born, our body was untrained. For example, a baby is barely able to perceive the orientation of its little limbs. Hence, a baby waves its arms randomly, even striking itself on the face, much to the baby’s own dismay and surprise. Gradually, through use, the body is trained. The baby crawls, the toddler walks, the child runs. Ah, but what about a gymnast? When you see such an athlete vaulting and twisting through the air with exquisite grace and precision, there is no question in your mind that the body is like a finely tuned machine. The gymnast’s expertise did not come about by accident—countless hours of training were required. Such physical training, the Bible acknowledges, is “beneficial for a little.” How much more valuable is the training of our spiritual powers of discernment!—1 Timothy 4:8.

Caitlin, becoming a Christian is a spiritual process that takes time.  To feel discouragement at times is understandable.  To come up against challenges (such as family members who are not spiritually inclined, but rather physically based) is to be expected.  Please have patience with yourself and you grow to spiritual maturity!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey.. bless you in JESUS name! Facts that can not will not no matter what you ever do is.. He loves you greater then you will ever know. He will never leave you. That holy Spirit (luke 11 13) is with you again forever. God..your Father sees you righteous and holy because you believe in Jesus Christ. Its not what you did.. its what HE DID! 

So things you should know. Satan can only lie. So take those lies and FLIP them. Fear..God will never use fear. He gave you the peace of God, you are strong in the power of His might. You have the full armor of God. Greater is He that is in YOU then He thats in the world so forth so on. We walk by faith.. no matter what you see hear feel.. stand on what He said.. what that word says. 

So for me take fear..when ever it comes I say NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. I always pray the word of GOD! He can not lie. 

Feelings are up and down and all over the place. So learn what He promised you. Again He never left you. Hes not like man.. well Hes not a man. See its written resist the devil and he has to flee :) Say it.. NO! God is for me not against me.. He said He would never leave me nor forsake me.. and He gave me all power and authority over you and nothing shall by any means hurt me.. in JESUS name.

See satan comes to kill steal and destroy. He comes to take the word of God. So rejoice praise the king of kings and lord of lords.. no matter how you feel. And you will feel that peace and love.. trust Him.. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi

thanks for reading ?

Seven months of being a Christian is only a tiny amount of time. You'll experiece a lot of ups and downs before you complete your journey. It is good to always love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. This is the first and great commandment (Matthew 22:34-40). Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Hi Caitlin, and how are you by now after reading the different posts ? 

Hope that this helps, I remember when Jesus said: If you continue! in my word, then are ye my disciple.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Love, Walter

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Did God ask you too much ? But to love others as u love urself n avoid sinning.

• Thumbs Up 1