• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

20 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

No offense intended at any level and no offense taken if this is just the wrong approach to ask .... Charlie

Perfectly reasonable and coherent brother. I just send a link to you via PM. It might blow your mind. Tell me what you think.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Daniel is a done deal. Revelation is weird and much contested as to its pertinence and authenticity.

I'm interested to hear you expand on this statement.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Let's accept that for the sake of furthering the conversation. Was he writing immediately to those in the first century or those in the 21st century? 

The 1st century, of course. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

And when did they stop?

70 A.D.  So if we apply 1290 Days/years what was the abomination?

Guest kingdombrat

I prefer to look at this 70 A.D. event as the end of the Hebrew/Jew Reign and the beginning of the Gentile Reign [even though this took place upon the Cross].

As result of the Temple being destroyed, the Jews being scattered, the Gospel of Christ took off like a wildfire and hasn't stopped since.

Some want to make 70 A.D. as the fulfillment of all [end time] prophecy because they cannot fathom the [true] reason for this event to take place.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

53 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What specifically, in any of the texts mentioning the AoD would lead us to think the AoD was therefore not a first-century occurrence?

I am not lead to think otherwise, in spite of others believing otherwise. There's no scriptural evidence to suggest it isn't a first century event. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest kingdombrat
9 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I am not lead to think otherwise, in spite of others believing otherwise. There's no scriptural evidence to suggest it isn't a first century event. :) 

I have the Roman account, Josephus account, other historical accounts.   None of them mention the AoD sitting on the Throne of God in the Temple.   So, even though Paul is writing to a [current] audience, until the AOD sits on God's Throne in the Temple and professes to be God, the event Paul wrote about was still "then and currently now" for a [Future Event].

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

If we look at the word ‘abomination’ in The Scriptures, the word covers many areas from witchcraft to discord among brethren to sodomy.

The word ‘desolation’ would be a fair description of the events of 70 AD, but it could also describe the holocaust, Hiroshima etc.

Guest kingdombrat

The exact day Paul wrote this still represented a [Future Event] to come.   Nowhere does it clarify when that event would happen.   Since it has yet to happen, guess what, it's still a [Future Event] to happen.

Guest kingdombrat

Jesus told the 1st Century Audience He would make a Second Coming.   That does not mean the people who heard Jesus claim this would be there when it happens.   That's how it is with Paul and the AoD.

We're still waiting on the Second Coming but where are the Disciples at?   Not here!   And they WON'T be here on this side of Earth when He comes!

Edited by kingdombrat