• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, Josheb said:

How would either of you measure who is speaking from the Spirit apart from the witness or testimony of the word?

Person A: You're wrong.
Person B: No, you are the one who is wrong
Person A: I have the Spirit and God has given me this so you are the one who is wrong
Person B: No, it is I to whom the Spirit gave His knowledge so it is you who is wrong

How would each of you decide this?

And is it not possible that God in all His wisdom uses the forum to decide this? Is it not possible that He brings people to the forum - regenerate and indwelt believers who have mistaken beliefs about things received from the Spirit - in order to provide correction through the members of His Son's body?

Assuming this is considered a possibility, how would each of you discern that when it occurs?

By WHAT IS WRITTEN. 

Not by what some say like 'what he really meant is'.  Neither by 'this is only written to and for those who heard it'.  Neither by dissecting every single word and all the rest  'educated by men' try to pull over the 'whomsoever woulds' like the whomsoever woulds don't know that the place Satan works most,  is in and with and through the words of God.

But by STUDY and seeking IN THE WORDS OF GOD as in the meanings and not the definitions of each one to muddy up the waters so no one can see.  

The Holy Spirit leads and guides and pulls together the scriptures so that we may see the plan of God and so that we will be fully prepared to withstand the fiery darts of Satan (at least as of Israel becoming a nation again and Lev prophecy being fulfilled so as we can KNOW WHAT SEASON it is)

UP until this final generation it was to go out and spread the GOOD NEWS so that whomsoever would would.  BUT the final generation is DIFFERENT.  Has to be because the first warning Jesus gave us when asked about the end and His returning was DO NOT BE DECEIVED.  That is backed up with things like 

Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Ephesians 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Ephesians 6:7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

Ephesians 6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

Ephesians 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

AND DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONE WHO SAYS 'THERE IS CHRIST OR THERE HE WAS, or here He comes' CAUSE they are lying cause that isn't what is written, in fact it is just the opposite.

AND KNOW IN THE END TIMES NOT JUST THE FORMER RAIN...And OMG I think I did just maybe discern (be given hopefully) something that's been buggin' about  before His return vs  after.....so I am going to wrap this up....

And we know the KING AND KINGDOM HERE ON EARTH WERE REJECTED and so we know that much that was written that went along with it had to be put off too.  

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

So if what you have 'been given' doesn't conflict with anything else and you are not making up excuses to change ANY of Gods words to fit your beliefs (trying to make God do it your way as opposed to simply just doing it HIS) and every time something comes up you know for sure you will be led to scripture after scripture that affirms it and it doesn't leave you with questions but gives answers then that is how I know anyhow.  

It is like the questions I ask when I ask about the 70AD stuff.  Like on Pentecost when only a verse or two of Joels prophecy came true and that is counted as completed.  Or when Christ was at the temple and spoke of how that generation of vipers would see its demise and LATER and in another place was asked about the end times are put together because that is how MAN DIVIDED it into chapters and verses and you know it is so easily seen it isn't funny especially when EVERY KNEE didn't bow, and all who were alive weren't changed and all the dead weren't resurrected, and the abomination that makes desolate didn't stand in the Holy place claiming to be God and there wasn't a beast that rose from the sea and there was no image that was set up that had to worshipped to buy and sell and Satan wasn't bound and set in a pit so that men could say 'IS THIS THE MAN?', and in 1070 wasn't released for a short season and there wasn't a final battle and it goes on and on NOT TO MENTION HOW Ignorant it makes Christians look when they say that Christ is reigning and ruling with a rod of iron right now CAUSE if this is the kingdom of God then WHO WOULD EVER WANT TO SIGN UP FOR IT?  Can't even get churches to teach Gods words and there is one on every corner selling 'OSAS' even though IT ISN'T HOW GOD TEACHES US TO TEACH because that may in fact be a truth but IT ISN'T GODS WAY to ARRIVE at that truth once again making Christians look ignorant as can be by disregarding all the IFS put forth or the ignorant Christians who think the earth and all of us just 'came about' a couple thousand years ago though the words of God speak of ETERNAL and the things GOD has created LOOK AND FEEL billions of years old and science confirms it (Theology the study of Gods words and Science the study of Gods works) but them Christians insist what you see ISN'T TRUTH????  WOW.  

Anyway that is the short version as I have got to go SEEK forgiveness having repented of an earlier exchange and then PRAY AND STUDY AND SEEK and study some more  and then sit and ponder on the words of God for awhile and wait  Praise God.   Thank you so much, truly truly, I have been asking for a while and God willing.....Bye for now maybe even ?  if I am really lucky...God knows    D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 10/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, DeighAnn said:

Hi Retro,

I really appreciate the way you presented the King and kingdoms rejection and abeyance and will keep/use this to explain it forward if that's ok.  Just wanted to say thank you and ask a question.  Do you think when one of us tells another one of us 'you are wrong' that that falls under blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if the one saying you are wrong is the one who is actually wrong?  I ask this because I believe all TRUTH is given to us by our seeking for it and not of our own 'finding and/or figuring out' and since it is given by the Holy Spirit telling another 'you are wrong' is not telling that person at all but the Holy Spirit (the reason I try and never use those words even when I would really like to --- just in case it is from a lack of maturity and a truth I have just not been given yet.  Only takes receiving a few of those deeper meanings to see how awesome Gods words are).   

One more, when speaking to the 'jews' at that time it was not the tribe of Judah Jews so much as the inhabitants of Jerusalem and those appointed by the Romans aka those who say they are Jews and are not but are of the synagogue of Satan, of you father, vipers etc. , right?  

Again, thank you.  D

Shalom, DeighAnn.

Yeah, sorry about the long post earlier, but I keep thinking of applicable passages of Scripture, and run on and on by sheer passion. You're welcome for any information I provided that you found useful, and please, feel free to use whatever you found. I just got it from the Scriptures; it's not mine.

Regarding your question,

"Do you think when one of us tells another one of us 'you are wrong' that that falls under blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if the one saying you are wrong is the one who is actually wrong?  I ask this because I believe all TRUTH is given to us by our seeking for it and not of our own 'finding and/or figuring out' and since it is given by the Holy Spirit telling another 'you are wrong' is not telling that person at all but the Holy Spirit (the reason I try and never use those words even when I would really like to --- just in case it is from a lack of maturity and a truth I have just not been given yet.  Only takes receiving a few of those deeper meanings to see how awesome Gods words are)."

The Ruwach haQodesh Elohiym (The Holy Spirit of God) reveals things to us at different rates and in different directions. In my 64 years (at least in 12 days), the Ruwach haQodesh has given me a wealth of knowledge, but He has done so, one truth at a time, each new truth hinging upon some other truth or truths previously learned. I've just made it a point NOT to forget previous lessons. I don't have a problem with people learning at different rates, hinging new truths on old. That their direction doesn't run parallel to mine makes no difference. In the long run, we will all come into the knowledge of the truth in HIS timing. What we all need to realize is that we ALL have a long way to go. Some of the truths that will tie us all together may have to be revealed DIRECTLY by Himself or by His disciples VERBALLY when He has returned with His saints. Do we blaspheme when we counter each other's viewpoints? I don't believe we do. I believe that iron sharpens iron.

Regarding the Jews of Yeshua`s time, they were the Yhudiym - the ACTUAL children of Yhudah ("Judah"). They were just unwilling to relinquish the rulership of the nation to God's Choice for King. Like Denethor in The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien, they were just unwilling to abdicate their comfy role of stewards of the Kingdom. And, they were fearful of how the Romans would react to their declaration of a King for their nation.

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, DeighAnn.

Yeah, sorry about the long post earlier, but I keep thinking of applicable passages of Scripture, and run on and on by sheer passion. You're welcome for any information I provided that you found useful, and please, feel free to use whatever you found. I just got it from the Scriptures; it's not mine.

Regarding your question,

"Do you think when one of us tells another one of us 'you are wrong' that that falls under blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if the one saying you are wrong is the one who is actually wrong?  I ask this because I believe all TRUTH is given to us by our seeking for it and not of our own 'finding and/or figuring out' and since it is given by the Holy Spirit telling another 'you are wrong' is not telling that person at all but the Holy Spirit (the reason I try and never use those words even when I would really like to --- just in case it is from a lack of maturity and a truth I have just not been given yet.  Only takes receiving a few of those deeper meanings to see how awesome Gods words are)."

The Ruwach haQodesh Elohiym (The Holy Spirit of God) reveals things to us at different rates and in different directions. In my 64 years (at least in 12 days), the Ruwach haQodesh has given me a wealth of knowledge, but He has done so, one truth at a time, each new truth hinging upon some other truth or truths previously learned. I've just made it a point NOT to forget previous lessons. I don't have a problem with people learning at different rates, hinging new truths on old. That their direction doesn't run parallel to mine makes no difference. In the long run, we will all come into the knowledge of the truth in HIS timing. What we all need to realize is that we ALL have a long way to go. Some of the truths that will tie us all together may have to be revealed DIRECTLY by Himself or by His disciples VERBALLY when He has returned with His saints. Do we blaspheme when we counter each other's viewpoints? I don't believe we do. I believe that iron sharpens iron.

Regarding the Jews of Yeshua`s time, they were the Yhudiym - the ACTUAL children of Yhudah ("Judah"). They were just unwilling to relinquish the rulership of the nation to God's Choice for King. Like Denethor in The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien, they were just unwilling to abdicate their comfy role of stewards of the Kingdom. And, they were fearful of how the Romans would react to their declaration of a King for their nation.

Hi Retro,

Thank you for your point of view on this, and for any long posts ESPECIALLY when they come from sheer passion as I do appreciate it all the more.  I shall go copy and past and put it in my notes.  I can't believe how I never tire of reading His words but maybe it is because I have such a terrible memory and so am always working on new avenues in my brain so that when one part dies it might still be located somewhere else...I digress.  

As for them all being 'actual' Jews from the tribe of Judah, I am pretty sure I do not agree with because that would make the Gen 3:15 prophecy void and would also void all the statements Jesus made about them.  And remembering back when they were going to rebuild the temple none of the Levites were actual Levites though they called themselves such.  Didn't the Romans appoint some of the Chief priests themselves?  I don't remember much of it right now but if necessary will hunt it down and bring it to you.  

But I am sure you are correct in there were those from Judah and Benjamin and Levi there (I'll even bet all the tribes had someone there) but as so many times before when push comes to shove Gods people seem to want to duck out of any 'standing enduring overcoming etc.,  not really much different than some/many today.  

I sure pray you are right in that it is just iron sharpening iron. 

Kinda weird but just today I had one of those heart stopping moments of 'WHOA' that actually has to do with the statement you made 'Some of the truths that will tie us all together may have to be revealed DIRECTLY by Himself or by His disciples VERBALLY when He has returned with His saints.' And after I give it some time and study will come back to ask what you think.  

And pre Happy Birthday to you :emot-partyblower:   

unless it is more on the side of :20: 

and in that case :consoling2:

Again, thank you  D

On 10/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, Josheb said:

How would either of you measure who is speaking from the Spirit apart from the witness or testimony of the word?

Person A: You're wrong.
Person B: No, you are the one who is wrong
Person A: I have the Spirit and God has given me this so you are the one who is wrong
Person B: No, it is I to whom the Spirit gave His knowledge so it is you who is wrong

How would each of you decide this?

Hi, Josheb.

Well, unless someone has directly contradicted the Word, I try to remember not to say "you're wrong." But, I might give my opinion based on what I do know from those Scriptures or other Scriptures that I remember and feel that their combined influence contradicts what a person has said.

If what someone else has said I haven't thought of before or haven't thought about in a while, I will check it against the framework of learning that the Holy Spirit has lead me thus far, and see if it fits. If it does and is biblical or at least doesn't contradict what I know about the Scriptures, I will probably choose to add it into the framework. But, I do so "out of wood instead of iron," noting Scripture that might support the position. The Holy Spirit MAY teach me otherwise down the road. OR, He may lead me to Scripture that DOES support it, and then I'll "change out the wood with iron."

See, for me, I had been brought up on what some call "Dispensationalism," since birth. We just called it "pretribulational rapturism," a branch of "premillennialism." When I first heard the word "dispensationalism," I checked it from a biblical perspective.

I learned that the heart of the term has to do with how God "saved" a person at some point in the past. It seemed generally true at the time, so I could accept the basic premise of the position, but when one got into the detailed position, that is, that God "saved" a person differently when "in the garden" versus "after the Fall and before the Flood," or that God "saved" a person differently "before the Flood" and "after the Flood before Moses," things got murkier. We called that "hyper-dispensationalism," and generally rejected the notion that God changed the rules that much over time.

It wasn't until I got into Bible college that I heard from a particular professor, Dr. Tom Bulick, that "God saves everyone, in all dispensations, the same way: by faith, by Grace, through blood!" And, he proceeded to support that position (which was HIGHLY disfavored, both among the "students" [future pastors, who many had already made up their minds about it] and among the faculty and with the institution) with Scriptural evidence.

Later, in my own investigation, I came to realize that he was right, and I accepted just TWO "dispensations" (as a "dispensation" was defined): that time before the coming and death of the Messiah, and that time after the death and resurrection of the Messiah, and between the two, the ONLY difference was whether the "through blood" part was in PICTURE, anticipating the death of the Messiah with the death of animals, or was in FACT, accepting what the Messiah had done in His own death, no longer needing animal sacrifice for redemption.

On 10/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, Josheb said:

And is it not possible that God in all His wisdom uses the forum to decide this? Is it not possible that He brings people to the forum - regenerate and indwelt believers who have mistaken beliefs about things received from the Spirit - in order to provide correction through the members of His Son's body?

Assuming this is considered a possibility, how would each of you discern that when it occurs?

Sure, it's possible. However, there may be major differences between the parties if most of their learning comes from theological sources to which particular denominations adhere. For instance, I'm going to find major differences between the position of which I used to be a member (independent Baptist), and that of a Catholic believer.

However, in other instances, I might be talking with a member of the Church of Christ denomination or of the old Methodist denomination. There, the differences will be much less and will probably not be on the important matters of how one is justified by God.

Other denominations will be somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

See, the major point of "how one is justified by God" ("saved") is, in my estimation, a determining factor whether one should be called a "true believer" or not. If one is justified by God PURELY on the basis of the finished work of Calvary, then he or she is a "true believer," a son or daughter of God, and is therefore, my brother or sister. He or she is a member of the body of the Messiah and can be called "a child of God."

If one adds anything to the finished work of Calvary, such as baptism or good works, and he or she trusts in baptism or good works to make him or her acceptible to God, then that person is not yet a "true believer," although he or she may well be on the way to becoming one.

So, one must be aware of how a person views the fundamentals of the faith before fully accepting what he or she may contribute on the forum. He or she may have some worthwhile contribution, but whether it is something I can accept as a part of my learning framework is going to take some time and much investigation to accept.

That's the heart of the matter, but, of course, the whole is much more complicated than that.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

40 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Hi, Josheb.

Well, unless someone has directly contradicted the Word, I try to remember not to say "you're wrong." But, I might give my opinion based on what I do know from those Scriptures or other Scriptures that I remember and feel that their combined influence contradicts what a person has said.

If what someone else has said I haven't thought of before or haven't thought about in a while, I will check it against the framework of learning that the Holy Spirit has lead me thus far, and see if it fits. If it does and is biblical or at least doesn't contradict what I know about the Scriptures, I will probably choose to add it into the framework. But, I do so "out of wood instead of iron," noting Scripture that might support the position. The Holy Spirit MAY teach me otherwise down the road. OR, He may lead me to Scripture that DOES support it, and then I'll "change out the wood with iron."

See, for me, I had been brought up on what some call "Dispensationalism," since birth. We just called it "pretribulational rapturism," a branch of "premillennialism." When I first heard the word "dispensationalism," I checked it from a biblical perspective.

I learned that the heart of the term has to do with how God "saved" a person at some point in the past. It seemed generally true at the time, so I could accept the basic premise of the position, but when one got into the detailed position, that is, that God "saved" a person differently when "in the garden" versus "after the Fall and before the Flood," or that God "saved" a person differently "before the Flood" and "after the Flood before Moses," things got murkier. We called that "hyper-dispensationalism," and generally rejected the notion that God changed the rules that much over time.

It wasn't until I got into Bible college that I heard from a particular professor, Dr. Tom Bulick, that "God saves everyone, in all dispensations, the same way: by faith, by Grace, through blood!" And, he proceeded to support that position (which was HIGHLY disfavored, both among the "students" [future pastors, who many had already made up their minds about it] and among the faculty and with the institution) with Scriptural evidence.

Later, in my own investigation, I came to realize that he was right, and I accepted just TWO "dispensations" (as a "dispensation" was defined): that time before the coming and death of the Messiah, and that time after the death and resurrection of the Messiah, and between the two, the ONLY difference was whether the "through blood" part was in PICTURE, anticipating the death of the Messiah with the death of animals, or was in FACT, accepting what the Messiah had done in His own death, no longer needing animal sacrifice for redemption.

Sure, it's possible. However, there may be major differences between the parties if most of their learning comes from theological sources to which particular denominations adhere. For instance, I'm going to find major differences between the position of which I used to be a member (independent Baptist), and that of a Catholic believer.

However, in other instances, I might be talking with a member of the Church of Christ denomination or of the old Methodist denomination. There, the differences will be much less and will probably not be on the important matters of how one is justified by God.

Other denominations will be somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

See, the major point of "how one is justified by God" ("saved") is, in my estimation, a determining factor whether one should be called a "true believer" or not. If one is justified by God PURELY on the basis of the finished work of Calvary, then he or she is a "true believer," a son or daughter of God, and is therefore, my brother or sister. He or she is a member of the body of the Messiah and can be called "a child of God."

If one adds anything to the finished work of Calvary, such as baptism or good works, and he or she trusts in baptism or good works to make him or her acceptible to God, then that person is not yet a "true believer," although he or she may well be on the way to becoming one.

So, one must be aware of how a person views the fundamentals of the faith before fully accepting what he or she may contribute on the forum. He or she may have some worthwhile contribution, but whether it is something I can accept as a part of my learning framework is going to take some time and much investigation to accept.

That's the heart of the matter, but, of course, the whole is much more complicated than that.

I would add to what you have said, here, brother--the need to understand a distinction between what you have defined as a 'true believer' based on knowledge of the work of Christ (Calvary) and those that the Father have placed 'into Christ'---irrespective of where they may be in understanding.

Clear as mud?

:-)

edited to add: encountering one 'not a true believer' as you defined, is an opportunity for instruction of a sibling.

Edited by Alive
to add a thought

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

On 10/10/2021 at 6:09 AM, Retrobyter said:

No, He's not. When Yeshua` comes back "THEN He shall sit upon the throne of His glory!" (Matthew 25:31.)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, (and it is NOT blasphemy in any way):

If Yeshua` is ruling and reigning right now, then He is the WEAKEST and most INEFFECTIVE KING there has EVER been!

This is disgusting and depraved blasphemy.

I would expect a born-again believer, making such a statement, to come under HEAVY conviction.  I hope and pray that this is the case.

Eph. 1:11 (MKJV) in whom also we have been chosen to an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will,

Rom. 8:28 (MKJV) And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 

Rom. 9:15-24 (MKJV)

15 For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
  16 So then it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of God, the One showing mercy.
  17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "Even for this same purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth."
  18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will, He hardens.
  19 You will then say to me, Why does He yet find fault? For who has resisted His will?
  20 No, but, O man, who are you who replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him who formed it, Why have you made me this way?
  21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel to honor and another to dishonor?
  22  What if God, willing to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction;
  23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy which He had before prepared to glory;
  24 whom He also called, not only us, of Jews, but also of the nations? 

If someone does not believe that God is in control of everything that happens, then he is, effectively, an atheist, because that would be to declare that God is not God.

Edited by David1701
request of a mod
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Hi Retro,

Thank you for your point of view on this, and for any long posts ESPECIALLY when they come from sheer passion as I do appreciate it all the more.  I shall go copy and past and put it in my notes.  I can't believe how I never tire of reading His words but maybe it is because I have such a terrible memory and so am always working on new avenues in my brain so that when one part dies it might still be located somewhere else...I digress.  

Shalom, DeighAnn.

Yes, it's important to go back and re-read what we have read before. Our memories, being what they are, need constant refreshing. Furthermore, we might pick up some tidbit of information that we hadn't caught before.

As for them all being 'actual' Jews from the tribe of Judah, I am pretty sure I do not agree with because that would make the Gen 3:15 prophecy void and would also void all the statements Jesus made about them.  And remembering back when they were going to rebuild the temple none of the Levites were actual Levites though they called themselves such.  Didn't the Romans appoint some of the Chief priests themselves?  I don't remember much of it right now but if necessary will hunt it down and bring it to you.  

According to Josephus, Rome did have a hand in the selection of high priest in Jerusalem, but it left the selection of the candidates in the hands of the Sanhedrin. Rome's biggest concern was not to allow someone to take the seat who would cause an insurrection. They left the internal matters of each nation to the proxy kings they would name to that nation, such as the Herods.

And, if you're talking about the rebuilding of the Temple under Zerubbabel, no, those were true Levites who were installed in that position. In fact, Ezra mentions that there were some men of questionable heritage, that, although they claimed to be Levites, couldn't prove they were. They were restricted from being priests and Levites until they could show their heritage.

But I am sure you are correct in there were those from Judah and Benjamin and Levi there (I'll even bet all the tribes had someone there) but as so many times before when push comes to shove Gods people seem to want to duck out of any 'standing enduring overcoming etc.,  not really much different than some/many today.  

I sure pray you are right in that it is just iron sharpening iron. 

All of the tribes of Israel were not represented. Many had been transported to other locations permanently, and those who remained in the Land had intermarried with the Gentiles, especially the Edomites who had been transplanted into the Land from Edom, and were of "impure blood." These, living mostly in and around the area of Shomron, were called "shomroniym" or "Samaritans."

Kinda weird but just today I had one of those heart stopping moments of 'WHOA' that actually has to do with the statement you made 'Some of the truths that will tie us all together may have to be revealed DIRECTLY by Himself or by His disciples VERBALLY when He has returned with His saints.' And after I give it some time and study will come back to ask what you think.  

And pre Happy Birthday to you :emot-partyblower:   

unless it is more on the side of :20: 

and in that case :consoling2:

Again, thank you  D

I do my best to make His Coming real to people.

Thanks for the good wishes. Don't worry; I always compare my age to that of Methuselah. Sixty-four is still a youngster to a man 969 years old! LOL!

4 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

All of the tribes of Israel were not represented. Many had been transported to other locations permanently, and those who remained in the Land had intermarried with the Gentiles, especially the Edomites who had been transplanted into the Land from Edom, and were of "impure blood." These, living mostly in and around the area of Shomron, were called "shomroniym" or "Samaritans."

Indeed they had left the Assyrian captivity and had been scattered to the whole earth.  Agreed.  As a matter of fact I just started reading a book, something I don't often do called 'Missing Links Discovered in Assyrian Tablets' that is really giving some good information on where they went.  

BUT 

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Did they know who they were even then?  IDK but they were there.

12 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Thanks for the good wishes. Don't worry; I always compare my age to that of Methuselah. Sixty-four is still a youngster to a man 969 years old! LOL!

I figure every year is a year to invest in my future, good works coming with us and all.   

Thank you    D

I am going to look back on that Levite thing cause I read that and got a different feeling...

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I would add to what you have said, here, brother--the need to understand a distinction between what you have defined as a 'true believer' based on knowledge of the work of Christ (Calvary) and those that the Father have placed 'into Christ'---irrespective of where they may be in understanding.

Clear as mud?

:-)

edited to add: encountering one 'not a true believer' as you defined, is an opportunity for instruction of a sibling.

Shalom, Alive.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. I guess the clearest way to explain it is to use Yeshua`s own example:

Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 

10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,

"'God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'

13 "And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying,

"'God be merciful to me a sinner.'

14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

That's the difference to which I refer.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Alive.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. I guess the clearest way to explain it is to use Yeshua`s own example:

Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 

10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,

"'God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.'

13 "And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying,

"'God be merciful to me a sinner.'

14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

That's the difference to which I refer.

Yupper--so what we communicate is 'Grace'. The absolute and vital need for 'you and me' and then the very natural 'In Christ' result, which is, to extend the same toward each and every other. And knowing the Great Shepherd will keep His own.

What a wonderful God is He!