• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

CONTENT ???

TITUS 1:1  paul a servant of  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  ELECT ---and the acknowledging of  --the truth--  which is after  GODLINESS---

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words ---even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST--- and to the doctrine which is according to ---GODLINESS---

--6:4-- HE  IS  PROUD  KNOWING  NOTHING..............

1 PETER 2:21  for even hereunto were you called because  CHRIST  also suffered for us leaving us an example ---that you should follow  HIS  steps---

JOHN 12:50  and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting ---whatsoever I speak therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  --so  I  speak--

2 PETER 1:3  according as  HIS  divine power ---HATH  GIVEN--- unto us all things that pertain unto life  ---AND  GODLINESS---  through the knowledge of  HIM  that hath called us to glory and virtue

1 TIMOTHY 6:6   ---BUT  GODLINESS  WITH  CONTENTMENT  IS  GREAT  GAIN---

PLEASE NOTE  ---  HEBREWS 12:8   but if you be without chastisement whereof all are partakers then are you bastards  ---and not sons---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thank you Kwik for kind words. You are right (as usual) that any good we seem to have, is to His credit. All I meant to say there in that post, is that I know I have received God's grace. I lived the first part of my life as an atheist, I no longer am by God's grace. Just after I first came to know Jesus, I was divorced, and that was difficult. It broke my heart. I had no one else in my life at that point, and to top that off, I worked a job in a facility were I was the only person. That could have meant loneliness, but I had Jesus, or He had me. In hindsight, I see how He used that time, to bring me closer to Him, I had 8+ hours a day where I could pray out loud if I wanted to, and get paid hourly to boot! Therefore I was content even in human loneliness, as I had something far better.

I also see in hindsight, that apart from my wife divorcing me (her stated reason BTW was so she did not have to feel guilty for continuing to sleep around) I would never have met the woman who became my second wife, and with whom I had 5 kids and now 3 grand kids. God works all things together for good to those who love God, and are called according to His purpose.

Think about that, if we believe that, how can we not see the comfort/contentment. My second wife (Carol) then, died is 2014. When people ask me about my marital history, I tell them that my first wife left me for another man, and my second wife left me for a better man after 30 years of marriage. That better man is Jesus, and they are still together.

Some people are understandably devastated when they lose a spouse. I had hopes that I would outlive my wife, so that she would not have to grieve for me, not be burdened with all of the cares of dealing with all of the details of life, that a death brings. I got what I wanted when Carol went on ahead of me. Save a place at the table for me honey, I won't be too much longer!

Now of course this is another context, but the heart of it works for me:

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 

I so totally believe that, that I did not grieve, I understood and experience that there is a joy that surpasses understanding, and is victorious over circumstances.

“O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

Those are rhetorical questions, death has no victory, because Jesus overcame death, and He gives eternal life to those who are His!

I am no super-spiritual guy, God has given me enough faith, that anxiety pretty much eludes me so far. At Carol's memorial, I quoted 2 Timothy where it says:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing."

My optimism, my assured hope, was in the promise that Carol's crown of righteousness would be awarded to her, and one who had loved His appearing.

These are some of the supposed low points in my life? They are blessings. At first, they might be hard to see at the time. As my faith has matured though, I see the blessings by trust, before I realize the present realities. So . . . at this point, I have breathing issues, sometimes worse than others, a few times, I have thought that I might breath my last on that day. I (so far) do not fear death, but I am not real keen on the dying process, that can be uncomfortable. I have taken the words of a carnal song and made them a song of thanksgiving to the Lord from me:

"Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe, and to love You"! It used to be that I never took the time to notice, that every breath is a gift. Jesus endured great suffering for the joy that was set before him, He can give us endurance for the same I think.

That is what I meant when I said that I have never really been tested. I can imagine scenarios where I could fail to be content in every circumstance, but I hope that never becomes the case, for I want His strength to be revealed in me as a testimony to others, of what a great God we have. I want others to see that, and want it for themselves.

If that happens, let it be known one and all it was not me, it was all Him.

Blessings Brother...

I was hoping you would share a little Testimony,I remember well when Carol went on home & how I witnessed "Mourning for a night & JOY comes in the morning"-Oh but for the Grace of God! No doubt that for selfish reasons you would feel a sadness and miss the woman you loved so deeply but the Comforter with Whom you are INDWELLED GAVE you that unspeakable JOY & ETERNAL mindedness......I saw these things as they were happening,through your circumstances,it was an Inspiration to me & so many others....now these things you've shared will Inspire many more!!!! Thank you

With love-in Christ,your Sister Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thank you Kwik for kind words. You are right (as usual) that any good we seem to have, is to His credit. All I meant to say there in that post, is that I know I have received God's grace. I lived the first part of my life as an atheist, I no longer am by God's grace. Just after I first came to know Jesus, I was divorced, and that was difficult. It broke my heart. I had no one else in my life at that point, and to top that off, I worked a job in a facility were I was the only person. That could have meant loneliness, but I had Jesus, or He had me. In hindsight, I see how He used that time, to bring me closer to Him, I had 8+ hours a day where I could pray out loud if I wanted to, and get paid hourly to boot! Therefore I was content even in human loneliness, as I had something far better.

I also see in hindsight, that apart from my wife divorcing me (her stated reason BTW was so she did not have to feel guilty for continuing to sleep around) I would never have met the woman who became my second wife, and with whom I had 5 kids and now 3 grand kids. God works all things together for good to those who love God, and are called according to His purpose.

Think about that, if we believe that, how can we not see the comfort/contentment. My second wife (Carol) then, died is 2014. When people ask me about my marital history, I tell them that my first wife left me for another man, and my second wife left me for a better man after 30 years of marriage. That better man is Jesus, and they are still together.

Some people are understandably devastated when they lose a spouse. I had hopes that I would outlive my wife, so that she would not have to grieve for me, not be burdened with all of the cares of dealing with all of the details of life, that a death brings. I got what I wanted when Carol went on ahead of me. Save a place at the table for me honey, I won't be too much longer!

Now of course this is another context, but the heart of it works for me:

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 

I so totally believe that, that I did not grieve, I understood and experience that there is a joy that surpasses understanding, and is victorious over circumstances.

“O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

Those are rhetorical questions, death has no victory, because Jesus overcame death, and He gives eternal life to those who are His!

I am no super-spiritual guy, God has given me enough faith, that anxiety pretty much eludes me so far. At Carol's memorial, I quoted 2 Timothy where it says:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing."

My optimism, my assured hope, was in the promise that Carol's crown of righteousness would be awarded to her, and one who had loved His appearing.

These are some of the supposed low points in my life? They are blessings. At first, they might be hard to see at the time. As my faith has matured though, I see the blessings by trust, before I realize the present realities. So . . . at this point, I have breathing issues, sometimes worse than others, a few times, I have thought that I might breath my last on that day. I (so far) do not fear death, but I am not real keen on the dying process, that can be uncomfortable. I have taken the words of a carnal song and made them a song of thanksgiving to the Lord from me:

"Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe, and to love You"! It used to be that I never took the time to notice, that every breath is a gift. Jesus endured great suffering for the joy that was set before him, He can give us endurance for the same I think.

That is what I meant when I said that I have never really been tested. I can imagine scenarios where I could fail to be content in every circumstance, but I hope that never becomes the case, for I want His strength to be revealed in me as a testimony to others, of what a great God we have. I want others to see that, and want it for themselves.

If that happens, let it be known one and all it was not me, it was all Him.

Such a similar walk, OM. Same first wife and then the blessing of meeting an angel who married me.

I am blessed by your testimony.

Praise the Lord.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

13 hours ago, TheBlade said:

You know when I read the word and how they greeted each other.. I always wondered what happened? Why do we not do this today. Oh don't get me wrong its not something I do yet.. you read feel the sweet holy Spirit the love they had. It was not just words. 

Yes all this directed at you kwikphilly. One can see feel the love ..thank you. Its so wonderful to see Christ :)

Blessings my Brother....

Do you not know that the Love of Christ in YOU comes through loud & clear to US,your Brothers & Sisters?

I am old school,I was taught to WRITE with salutations-perhaps the extra seconds it takes to GREET one another in the manner we (read,see,feel-lol) in Gods Word would be a good "practice" to keep? I know for some it might seem like it is only a formality but I BELIEVE it is all part of Renewing the mind and as New Creatures in Christ Jesus HE gives us a NEW Heart & MIND......

I love what you shared,let us IMITATE and give our Lord & Savior MORE of us.....

Thank you for pouring out your heart,your LOVE

In Christs Love,your Sister Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

I'll admit it's a struggle for me sometimes to remain content. 

I see contentment as giving up all control in a frustrating situation. Might as well give it up because control over most situations is an illusion. What's that they say- " Let go and let God". Discontentment for me seems to develop when what I like, what I am comfortable with isn't what's happening or when I receive injustice, especially if it pertains to me directly. 

Contentment isn't really when things go our way. Contentment aligns itself with what God is allowing to happen in our lives. There are times of pruning, but thank God we are a branch right? We are to be content in pruning. When we think things are good is when we are usually the most content. I have found God continues to put me into situations I would rather avoid and yet I'm supposed to be content. This send the clear message that contentment has nothing to do with what we like or with comfort of any kind.

This isn't to say our merciful Father doesn't bless us with good things we like at times. Jesus summed it up, " In this world you will have trouble" Boy He really wasn't kidding. We are also told that the suffering in this life is nothing compared to the glory that awaits us all. We live a lot by faith in God's sure PROMISES to use. We have not attained yet. We know we WILL attain.

Complaining is superficial to a deeper issue. We complain because we are discontent.Why are we discontent? Sometimes we need to look deeper inside ourselves to see what the real issues are. Are we bitter? Are we jealous? Are we complaining for attention or to assert control? The world isn't fair BOO HOO LOL.

I think of several that I dread going into restaurants with who are never happy with their food. They sometimes use it to draw attention to themselves. Little princesses who are still stomping their feet as grown ups. I want this, I want that, this is too hot, that is too cold. What they don't realize is it has an opposite reflection on their character. Internally I'm thinking , just shut up and eat your food you overgrown baby :)

When I look in the mirror though I sometimes see that same person sometimes behaving in similar ways in other situations.

I have been trying to remember praise and worship music and have it playing in my mind. Offering up praise and worship to our Lord is one of the most powerful things to thwart discontent. I have been sometimes touched to the point of tears during such times.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

This thread is exactly what I needed to read this morning. People encouraging each other not arguing, debating, and bemoaning the fallen state of the world today and all of the evilness. 

I find as the end days roll in the sheep are being shown completely separate from the goats. The wheat from the gates. The Spirit filled from the lukewarm. It’s more and more painfully obvious. It’s sad that the “Falling Away” is on the increase but it is. 

As disciples of Jesus we are to be fruitful not barely hanging from the tree or rotting on the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

I am an encourager not a preacher or teacher. I let the Holy Spirit guide me where He needs me to speak.  My Judgement will come from the Lord alone not another human. Condemnation is His alone. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, ladypeartree said:

so those that do not have a husband to learn from shouldnt share what God gave us ? 

Without a husband to teach my children should they have been left without knowledge of Gods word ? 

There are also women that were gifted teachers and given authority to use that Gift of God to lead othersto God ...sorry but you are being far from encouraging here  

I'm not trying to be engouring if it was me that you refused to refer to, but am I not allowed to speak truth to other women?