• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Please do not assume calvinists think it does not matter to share the gospel. We are told in scripture to do so.

Yes, the calvinist I know also say the same thing, believing we are all supposed to witness even though they believe God has already chosen all who will be saved/lost.
I get it.

When I ask why witness, knowing this issue as they believe has already been decided before the foundations of the world were, I'm told they witness because God says to, and even those who experience "irresistible grace" need to hear. That is a hard one for me to get a grasp on, ayin, and I should have clarified. Will edit lest I step on any more toes.

I'm just trying to generate a little interest in focusing on the solution of the topic OP, and not just all the problems in the world as usually occurs on this forum, ad nauseam. Pray it doesn't become another debate about calvinism.

My apologies to any calvinist. For real.

2 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

This is very true. It's been around since the Garden when the serpent said "ye shall be as gods" and echoes Satan's own desire to exalt himself to the level of God.

There was a time when one of my cousins was into LSD, something else associated with new age beliefs. He was having the one with everything experience one time when he was high and was rambling about it to me. I pointed out a recent pile and asked him if he was one with that too. Probably wasn't very nice of me.

How did your cousin react when you then shared the good news with him?..:)

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

19 hours ago, Starise said:

I was at a bible study recently. One of those in attendance said she attempted to make both Christianity and New Age work together. She eventually realized this was not possible.

I wondered how many others once dabbled in New Age belief before becoming a believer,or attempted to hold on to it after being saved?

It seems many professing believers see no issue with holding onto New Age and similar while professing Christ.

New Age itself claims Jesus was only a prophet, while Jesus Himself said He was THE Son of God.New Age says there are multiple ways to God. Christianity says there is only one way through Christ.

The two are not compatible. I just could not understand how a person can see any association between two strongly opposing teachings.

Hi Starise,

Yes, the New Age beliefs encompasses all religions. @1to3 you said it well, the source, (besides Satan) is the UN, the United Nations. This demonic doctrine has gone out to all the world and encompasses every religion.

It is the religious aspect of the GG, Babylon, the Mother of harlots. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Sower said:

How did your cousin react when you then shared the good news with him?..:)

He laughed at it but insisted he meant it when he said one with everything, including the pile. So far as the real Good News goes we talked about that at some point and it was pretty sad. Had a lot of exposure to Christianity when he was growing up, especially from my grandmother, but his mother jumped from guy to guy never settling with any single one and got into some drugs so his childhood was pretty skewed. He went down the same path. He says he doesn't believe, though from my observations he believes enough to direct anger and profanity at God. But that seems to be where his belief ends as of the last time I spoke with him.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

He laughed at it but insisted he meant it when he said one with everything, including the pile. So far as the real Good News goes we talked about that at some point and it was pretty sad. Had a lot of exposure to Christianity when he was growing up, especially from my grandmother, but his mother jumped from guy to guy never settling with any single one and got into some drugs so his childhood was pretty skewed. He went down the same path. He says he doesn't believe, though from my observations he believes enough to direct anger and profanity at God. But that seems to be where his belief ends as of the last time I spoke with him.

default_thumbsup.gif.832d7be917a23fd9183a9a3cd30610ae.gif

The thing is, any seed you planted may sprout should it get watered in time.
I also wasn't too far removed from a very dysfunctional childhood to teen upbringing in my formative years, living with an alcoholic father. It was then in my thirties the few words of the gospel from a faithful believer that started my journey to salvation.
God has ways unlike man, so you never know what may happen.                             Keep watering.

God is on the throne, and prayer changes things.

"The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor".

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Starise,

Yes, the New Age beliefs encompasses all religions. @1to3 you said it well, the source, (besides Satan) is the UN, the United Nations. This demonic doctrine has gone out to all the world and encompasses every religion.

It is the religious aspect of the GG, Babylon, the Mother of harlots. 

New Age seeks to be all encompassing - a spirit that is trying to gather all humanity into one, but without Christ. It is something that all unregenerated will come to see as a wonderful way forward that will be the salvation of mankind.

There may also be a tie-in to the whole extraterrestrial thing with the antichrist.  New Agers are looking for someone from the stars with all the answers, and they very well might get that (supposedly).  A strong delusion is coming, to be sure, and those that follow this are being lead into destruction if God doesn't win them over.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,123
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rev 12:7-10

7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war, 8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
NASB

They are coming....  millions of them

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, other one said:

They are coming....  millions of them

Yes, and we think things are crazy now . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

On 1/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, Sower said:

God explains why the true gospel is hid, to the lost. They can not see the truth because they have been blinded. The god of this world is very active, deceiving and lying, subtly drawing through every tiny bit of lies and deceit.

Knowing/learning all that has been posted here so far, how does anyone not have the spirit prompting/moving our spirit to get out and plant seed, to share the true light of the gospel, to the lost and dying world. Like the enemy, become very active, for the one who saved us.

Is it that the most of the members here  believe it doesn't matter,  God has already chosen, so why bother?

Instead of lamenting about the victories of the devil over God's created, would it not be pleasing, at least occasionally, to discuss how each of us share the gospel to those who have been blinded? To not curse the darkness, but how to share the Light.

Can you remember that faithful one(s), who months/years ago shared the light with you, and helped you to the knowledge of the truth of the gospel, and influenced your not becoming/remaining New Age. Or worse? 

How can we become more led by God to spread what light we have, in our own unique way, and not listen to the enemies subtle deceptions/lies, whispering that we are not called to preach, evangelize. I'm no preacher, nor evangelist,  but I can have a friendly conversation with a stranger, praying the spirit take over my tongue, and let him do the talking.

Why am I coming on so strong just now? Because I just now was coming in from my shop and the new Fed Ex driver drove up to pick up some packages. Ten minutes later he left with two packages, a cold bottle of water for his thirst, and thanking me for giving him an understanding of the good news , the living water to hopefully draw him to God's salvation mercy.

It only took ten lousy minutes to plant a seed, that may mean an eternity to him.

I thank God for the faithful believer who planted that seed in me so long ago.

What say you?..........:)

Thank for your thoughts on this @Sower.

I guess there are different ways to go at the same thing. I see Worthy as a ministry because not everyone who comes here is a believer. Lots of people stopping by.

As believers I feel one of our tasks as salt and light is to expose the darkness. This is one of the main reasons I posted this topic, because I think one way the devil gets to people is through messages that sound good but are really lacking substance and are false. His intention is to make people feel good through deceptions, hopefully until they die, because then he has them.

In uncovering the darkness we can share the true light. Satan is an angel of light and in things such as the New Age, he is very convincing. So much so that those who are believers may even crack the door to that world not fully realizing the dangers.

Our culture is permeated with more darkness that I can address here, and a lot of it looks like light to the average person.

No matter how it happens, whether through preaching the light or showing the dark, if people begin to become aware, begin to open their eyes, we are making progress.

There are those who don't want to give up things because it has brought them some satisfaction. In reality it really isn't giving up anything because anything apart from Jesus isn't life and at best is temporary satisfaction and at worst is a pile of lies.

I don't think showing the true light is a forceful unloving commanding sort of thing. No, I think it is gentle and loving. Full of concern for that individual.

I have asked myself what seems so attractive about yoga and crystals and following a 'supposedly' friendly 'force' rather than a God that can be known personally? 

Churches are out and New Age seems to be in. Why is this? Why would someone rather meet a shaman than a pastor? Something has gone very wrong in our country and other countries. Probably some of the best ways to show the effects of some of this is to listen to the testimonies of many who came out of New Age, White and black witchcraft, secret socieites etc. There are testimonies on Youtube from those who were deeply involved. When they got close, it wasn't light and love they seen. It was dark, vile evil full of hatred for them.

Like anything else dabbling can easily lead to more than dabbling and most often it does, in addition to weakening the sensitivities of a believer. Some here are probably forced to live around it and see first hand what it is capable of. Quite simply it's a verty effective Satanic snare. I can only hope and pray anyone caught up in it gets the freedom through Christ they so desperately need.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

@existential mabel Getting into touchy-feely things on the one hand, and getting truly into the Scriptures and prayer, are two really different things, right? :)