• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@kwikphilly

I have not read the thread only your last post and I have to be careful whether I will say something to agree or to perhaps not to quite agree with not all but some of your comments...

The individual who posted those words which really have taken you by surprise must be someone who loves very much, who have loved some people very close to him and he may think whether correctly or incorrectly which we are not examine this at this moment but I mention it because many think that if someone does not believe exactly as they believe that they are lost and are not saved...but back to the issue at hand...someone who can say that is someone who has lost to death someone very close to him that he cannot bear the thought that the one whom he cherished and passionately loved will be for eternity be suffer together with those who are not believers or are not worthy to be called believers...and wish as he maybe the strongest and to offered a relief to the one he loved to trade places with...this is a similar situation when the mother is looking at her dear child. suffering from the effects of high fever and she cries out that she would rather be sick and her baby be well...

This is one way for someone to let others know how much they loved and what they are going through or how they feel because they have loved someone who is in a situation and they feel helpless and there is nothing they can do about it. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,792
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I cannot imagine being happy in heaven and knowing my children or grandchildren are suffering hell 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

9 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

His reply was this: "I wish all could be Saved - I'd give up my own Salvation if it would Save everyone."

Hey there, sis.  Except it’s not his to give up if he is one of Christ’s sheep.  

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

- John 10:27-29 (KJV)

221A4823-9516-4681-B518-DBF9B5F34DAD.gif.f32c5b17d19f5aace4dbe2073f4ff516.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On the other side of the coin is the bravado spoken fails us when the reality unfolds:

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus declared, “this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”

Might be best to keep humble while also praying for those we care about, trusting that God answers prayer rightly asked; and to go about sharing of the gospel of our Lord and savior as has been commanded of us so that many may be found mature in the Lord at his return, than make bold declarations and be humbled for it later at the sound of a third crowing.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,137
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Well,as I said from the start,this is not about the person who said it @Your closest friendntnor is it to say anyone loves more than anyone else- and btw the Brother who did say it has a Heart Full of Love,is a mature Christian and spreads the Gospel to everyone

Of course we know this is not even a remote possibility,besides the fact that our Previous Lord and Savior,Dear Jesus has already done it so we don't even have to pay for our OWN sin @Marathoner        

And I too petitioned my Heavenly Father to take my life instead of my Dad's,I could not bear the thought of living on earth without him in it- pretty selfish I think...but the Lord Replied and He Said to me:

" You are praying for the wrong thing- you want Me to spare his life and I Will Not- I Want to Give Him Life,tell Him about my Son that He May Live "

Hit me like a ton of bricks and my Dad did indeed accept Jesus as His Personal Lord & Savior before he passed❤️He was catholic,I was terrified until he said" Jesus is my Savior,the ONLY Way to our Father😘

Anyway,I thought it was interesting - never doubting the sincerity of anyone's heart- I only know that IF it were possible I would not,could not.  

And finally I understand completely what @ladypeartree

said about not imagining having Joy in Heaven Knowing a Loved one went to hell- if it's any consolation I firmly believe we will have no memory of those we loved and will see no more .. .or how could we have Joy?

• Interesting! 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

just read a reply from one of our Brothers that just blew me away.Ill not say who,he can say it himself if he cares to because this thread is not about him,it's about an ultimate,unimaginable,unthinkable sacrifice....

I have been offered that very deal Kwik.  My answer would have been no way, but I also realized that God would never  put that decision up for me to ponder on, and  the devil was the only one that deviously evil.   We did have a lot of conversations back in the 70s before I realized who it was I was talking to.

It was something to ponder though..    The burning in hell is only one thing to ponder....   eternity without God I think would be worse than the discomfort of hell.  I don't see me ever deciding to go without Him, no matter what..

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Kwik;

Salvation in Christ Jesus is such a precious gift to have received, as Christians, we can do our part to share the Gospels and message of salvation and hopefully here on Worthy we are doing it to some degree. Then there is prayer to our Lord and  Savior Christ Jesus that we can do, by asking God for healing, protection and that His mighty plan of  Mercy & Grace,salvation be shown and given to another brother, sister, relative loved one, stranger...

But I believe we have to be very careful with our words and ask forgiveness to God when we notice that we have said or done the wrong thing or over spoken something we may not know to much about.

As Ephesians ch6 mentions and warns and tells us what to do.

I know many people ask why me, why can I understand Gods salvation and someone else cannot understand even till their last breath.

I cannot myself understand all because I am not God and His ways are not our ways, but God does give us His Word to go by and align ourselves with.

As much as I would love someone here on earth, I understand also how very precious a gift Salvation in Christ Jesus is, and am so very very grateful that He has shown to me His wonderful plan of Mercy and Grace that of myself I don't deserve and would never EVER want to loose my place in heaven which is to be close to God, close to His Love, His Light, close to His good forever in exchange for hell which is to be in the total absence of God fore ever. To me that just is the most awful thing in the world to wish on anybody including myself .

Also another something that we need to be careful with our words in wishing/praying to take on the sickness of another person unto ourselves.

Gods Word does warn of generational curses sickness that comes from disobedience to Him.

As much as there is God to help us, the bible warns in Ephesians 6 that there are also principalities of darkness who would be more than happy to give you more affliction if you ask for it.

I have heard so terrible stories of someone asking a shamen to give to them the pain that their loved one was suffering, and so this shamen made some incantation prayer and the pain was lifted off from one person and given to the other, but the person who was first sick ended up dying anyway and the person who wished to receive the pain was left with that pain even after the person passed away.

So I believe when we can grasp fully the gift of our salvation, how very precious indeed it is and also grasp the reality of how dark the principality of this world are, and are moving about in this world, we would be much more cautious with what we say concerning these things.

There is a reason for sicknesses that only God knows the FULL story.  All we can do is examine our own conscience and come to God about our concerns in prayer and pray to God and ask for His healing to come, it will come through Him, His  atonement through the shed Blood of His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, who alone paid the full penalty for our sins and sickness, so that we can find His love and peace in this world as well as be one day be fully reunited  to Him with Him forever in eternal heaven. Praise God! What a day that will be! Thank you Father God for Your most wonderful Plan of Mercy and Grace!Amen!Amen!Amen!

Philippians 2:12

“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

-I realize that I must finish my race and strive forward (not looking back) but keep looking forward, keep confessing my sins when I have sinned (1John ch1) and finishing my race with His plan of Mercy and Grace working in me.-

Philippians 3:13-14

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Edited by 1to3
spelling, added at bottom two scriptures
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,137
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

8 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Hello Kwik;

Salvation in Christ Jesus is such a precious gift to have received, as Christians, we can do our part to share the Gospels and message of salvation and hopefully here on Worthy we are doing it to some degree. Then there is prayer to our Lord and  Savior Christ Jesus that we can do, by asking God for healing, protection and that His mighty plan of  Mercy & Grace,salvation be shown and given to another brother, sister, relative loved one, stranger...

But I believe we have to be very careful with our words and ask forgiveness to God when we notice that we have said or done the wrong thing or over spoken something we may not know to much about.

As Ephesians ch6 mentions and warns and tells us what to do.

I know many people ask why me, why can I understand Gods salvation and some else cannot understand even till their last breath.

I cannot myself understand all because I am not God and His ways are not our ways, but God does give us His Word to go by and align ourselves with.

As much as I would love someone here on earth, I understand also how very precious a gift Salvation in Christ Jesus is, and am so very very grateful that He has shown to me His wonderful plan of Mercy and Grace that of myself I don't deserve and would never EVER want to loose my place in heaven which is to be close to God, close to His Love, His Light, close to His good forever in exchange for hell which is to be in the total absence of God fore ever. To me that just is the most awful thing in the world to wish on anybody including myself .

Also another something that we need to be careful with our words in wishing/praying to take on the sickness of another person unto ourselves.

Gods Word does warn of generational curses sickness that comes from disobedience to Him.

As much as their is God to help us, the bible warns in Ephesians 6 that there are also principalities of darkness who would be more than happy to give you more affliction if you ask for it.

I have heard so terrible stories of someone asking a shamen to give to them the pain that their loved one was suffering, and so this shamen made some incantation prayer and the pain was lifted of from one person and given to the other, but the person who was first sick ended up dying anyway and the person who wished to receive the pain was left with that pain even after the person passed away.

So I believe when we can grasp fully the gift of our salvation, how very precious indeed it is and also grasp the reality of how dark the principality of this world are, and are moving about in this world, we would be much more cautious with what we say concerning these things. I

Their is a reason for sicknesses that only God knows the FULL story.  All we can do is examine our own conscience and come to God about our concerns in prayer and if pray to God and ask for His healing to come, it will come through Him, His the atonement through the shed Blood of His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, who alone paid the full penalty for our sins and sickness, so that we can find His love and peace in this world as well as be one day be fully reunited  to Him with Him forever in eternal heaven. Praise God! What a day that will be! Thank you Father God for your most wonderful Plan of Mercy and Grace!

Hi Sis!

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that we must be very very careful of what we speak- we have the Power of Life & Death with our tongue - I know this quite well,especially from having been in the occult.     The enemy is quick to use your words against you. As they say" be careful what you wish for".   But we don't have a wishbone,we have backbone!!!! We ,by the Grace of God Stand Boldly & Confidently on HIS WORD!!!! And as we walk in Spirit and in Truth we take captive EVERY thought,subjecting ALL to the Obedience of Christ- before it comes out of our mouths❤️❤️❤️

When I inquire of the Lord it's between Him & I,the Secret things,I speak aloud when I want the enemy to hear my WORD!!!! God's Word!Anyway,I'm going totally off Topic here! Lol

God Bless you- In His Love,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Sower said:

Would he give up one hour a day/week/month to share the gospel, to help save just one instead? 

What if every born again believer did this?

Can you imagine?...:)

I said it in a post because I don't want anyone to perish forever. I go out and share the gospel in streets at times with two other Christians. When I retire I hope to do that all the time. All though I don't think everyone is called to that type of ministry.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that we must be very very careful of what we speak- we have the Power of Life & Death with our tongue - I know this quite well,especially from having been in the occult.

Yes, we must be extremely careful with our words and even our postings to avoid confusing or misinforming those who are still new to the Lord.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

- 1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)

• Thumbs Up 2