• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  528
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1989

On 7/15/2023 at 10:38 AM, Debp said:

This is a verse I always remember when I sometimes run into unkind words on some Christian forums.

There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18

I think Christians should be kind. There is a lot of pain in the world and maybe someone needs our kindness.   We never know what our words might do for someone, both unbelievers and believers.

I must confess. For some time, I have developed hatred to some particular people.  Each time I see them post encouraging passages or messages, I feel i don't have to reply. I juat had that wound because of a statement made. 

I didn't juat think about being kind, I thought about forgiveness and letting go. We don't know what the other person is experiencing, we can suspect but we are not sure.

May the Lord see us through. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 Corinthians 13...

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Kind words & reciting Scripture often times is a lying tongue and peddling Scripture for profit(;or selfish gain) -anyone can say what they think others want to hear and they can copy/paste all day long BUT if they have the Heart & Mind of Christ then it is God Truth

Kindness is not merely words ,it's Who you are in Christ Jesus - the kind words that matter are sincere WORDs..... Holy Spirit Moves,Reveals and Convicts because of WHO Abides in us

How many times in a day does someone say " hi,how are you" &:you respond " Good and you"?......What does that mean?That we are a kind person?Or someone who simply has learned what they should say?

I ask myself those questions when I'm distracted and not really listening  ...  And I pray,I pray the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus amidst the deception...   

"Do not conform but be ye transformed"

Thinking out loud again

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Content Per Day:  12.10
  • Days Won:  31

15 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Kind words & reciting Scripture often times is a lying tongue and peddling Scripture for profit(;or selfish gain) -anyone can say what they think others want to hear and they can copy/paste all day long BUT if they have the Heart & Mind of Christ then it is God Truth

Kindness is not merely words ,it's Who you are in Christ Jesus - the kind words that matter are sincere WORDs..... Holy Spirit Moves,Reveals and Convicts because of WHO Abides in us

How many times in a day does someone say " hi,how are you" &:you respond " Good and you"?......What does that mean?That we are a kind person?Or someone who simply has learned what they should say?

I ask myself those questions when I'm distracted and not really listening  ...  And I pray,I pray the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus amidst the deception...   

"Do not conform but be ye transformed"

Thinking out loud again

@kwikphilly The Lord looks on the heart, right? and sees the motive and meaning behind the words...........

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@kwikphilly The Lord looks on the heart, right? and sees the motive and meaning behind the words...........

Exactly right, Amen

We do not seek mans approval but to be Pleasing & Acceptable to God- can't fool Him!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Content Per Day:  12.10
  • Days Won:  31

5 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Exactly right, Amen

We do not seek mans approval but to be Pleasing & Acceptable to God- can't fool Him!

@kwikphilly Reminds me of Psalm 19.14: "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 7/15/2023 at 3:38 AM, Debp said:

This is a verse I always remember when I sometimes run into unkind words on some Christian forums.

There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18

I think Christians should be kind. There is a lot of pain in the world and maybe someone needs our kindness.   We never know what our words might do for someone, both unbelievers and believers.

For me its Eph 4:29 part of something I pray all the time "Do not let unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless, vulgar] words ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good for building up others, according to the need and the occasion, so that it will be a blessing to those who hear [you speak]."

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

That verse from Proverbs is like a golden rule for online forums and life in general. Words can cut like swords, but when we speak with wisdom and kindness, we bring healing vibes!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Kindness is a fruit of the Spirit.   It is something that comes from within us, as we walk in the Spirit.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.  Galatians 5:22-26.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/15/2023 at 6:02 AM, AnOrangeCat said:

I agree, but it should go beyond words when needed. James 2:16, part of the "faith without works is dead" passage has this to say: "If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?"

I went through a period of being destitute, distressed, and on the verge of homelessness and was walking miles to churches with a fairly agonizing back problem. I got a lot of kind words. When I came across a church whose pastor took the time to pray with me and offered me a ride home it meant the world to me. I'm definitely remembering him as long as my earthly memory permits.

I hope your much better now. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1