• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,443
  • Content Per Day:  8.20
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

1st Peter 5:8 

Brother and sisters, Be Sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

There are many false teachers in Christianity in these last days. Don't be a victim.

For sure.   And one very false teaching is that one can lose salvation through lifestyle, or ceasing to believe.

Rather, Jesus taught in unambiguous terms that "whoever believes HAS (possesses) eternal life".  That means they possess eternal life WHEN they become a believer, not at the end of one's life.

Then Jesus said very clearly that recipients of eternal life (Jn 5:24 - believers) SHALL NEVER PERISH.  Very unambiguous.

Any teaching contrary to what Jesus taught is FALSE and from the devil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63

42 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Vine Abider "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1.6).

And how does HE DO THAT?  With HIS WORDS.  

Faith comes by HEARING and HEARING BY THE WORDS OF GOD.

He BEGINS HIS WORK with milk, HIS KEEPS working through HIS WORDS TO THE MEAT.  

We mature following THOSE WORDS 

THAT ARE WRITTEN.  

It isn't something MYSTERIOUS that goes on.  When we read the words of God PRECEPT ON PRECEPT WE CAN'T HELP but have HIS CONTINUED WORKING going on in us.   

BUT WALK AWAY FROM THOSE WORDS and HE CANT 
BE working in you 

CAN HE?  

I realize this is the BIBLE but since when did BASIC COMMON SENSE GIVE WAY

TO "THE LETTER" OF WHAT IS WRITTEN

or take charge over 

THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH????  Don't you remember THAT WAS THE PROBLEM they had

WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT

And here we are HEADED RIGHT BACK THERE AGAIN.

Ask yourself WHY?  WHAT DOCTRINE is demanding this belief?   WHO benefits from 

He will continue EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T?   Because there is your answer.  

sorry about the capitols, I am not yelling, I am just passionate

48 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Mike Mclees said: 

One has all of the promises as long as he believes and remains in it. If any turns back from his faith and belief, will not enter into Heaven. One must confess his sin and repent! You need to repent!

That puts a lot on the believer!

And it is contrary t0 what Jesus taught.

48 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

We have a part, but birthing ourselves into the new life isn't really on us (birthed babies are helpless).

Yes, our part is to "receive" eternal life through faith in Christ.  1 Tim 1:16

2 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

farouk said: 

@Vine Abider "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1.6).

God does that through the filling of the Holy Spirit (Eph 5:18), when the believer is IN fellowship with the Lord and has been cleansed from sins (1 Jn 1:9).  

However, when on-going sin hasn't been confessed, the believer is OUT OF fellowship with the Lord, and is either grieving (Eph 4:30) or quenching (1 Thess 5:19) the Holy Spirit, so there is NO filling of the Spirit.

Correct, and when IN fellowship.  Reading the Bible when out of fellowship does not help at all.

THAT ARE WRITTEN. 

I find it rather ironic that keep saying these words yet you have clearly shown that you don't believe John 5:24 or John 10:28, both of which are about eternal security.

It isn't something MYSTERIOUS that goes on.  When we read the words of God PRECEPT ON PRECEPT WE CAN'T HELP but have HIS CONTINUED WORKING going on in us.

If sins aren't being confessed, God's word has no effect on the believer.  The Spirit can't work in the believer when He is either grieved or quenched.  

BUT WALK AWAY FROM THOSE WORDS and HE CANT BE working in you 
CAN HE?

Exactly what I've been saying!  :) 

THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH????  Don't you remember THAT WAS THE PROBLEM they had WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT And here we are HEADED RIGHT BACK THERE AGAIN.

And confusing.  Not at all sure what your point is here.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,493
  • Content Per Day:  12.23
  • Days Won:  31

36 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Faith comes by HEARING and HEARING BY THE WORDS OF GOD.

He BEGINS HIS WORK with milk, HIS KEEPS working through HIS WORDS TO THE MEAT.  

THAT ARE WRITTEN.  

BUT WALK AWAY FROM THOSE WORDS and HE CANT 
BE working in you 

CAN HE?  

I realize this is the BIBLE but since when did BASIC COMMON SENSE GIVE WAY

TO "THE LETTER" OF WHAT IS WRITTEN

or take charge over 

THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH????  Don't you remember THAT WAS THE PROBLEM they had

WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT

And here we are HEADED RIGHT BACK THERE AGAIN.

Matthew 13.18-23:

"Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63

20 minutes ago, farouk said:

Matthew 13.18-23:

"Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

What is your point?  I've missed the connection with what you wrote, my reply and this.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Please provide a verse that unambiguously says that.  Your statement places your own faithfulness and obedience to believe as the ultimate Savior.  Maybe you hadn't thought about it.

Again, please provide a verse that unambiguously says that.

What verse says salvation is through confession of sin and repentance?

Thanks.

You have a bible sir and I suggest that you might read it. Do you think I would lie about it.

I believe you think this is a game you play and I'm not playing this game with you. I have been born again for over forty years and I no the truth.   

3 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

FreeGrace said: 

Please provide a verse that unambiguously says that.  Your statement places your own faithfulness and obedience to believe as the ultimate Savior.  Maybe you hadn't thought about it.

Again, please provide a verse that unambiguously says that.

You have a bible sir and I suggest that you might read it.

Why the snarkiness?  Of course I read my Bible every day.  I read from Acts through Rev every month, for about 2 decades now.

Do you think I would lie about it?

I never suggested or said you lied.  I asked for you to provide an unambiguous verse that says what you say.  I'm looking for proof.  It's called "trust but verify".

I believe you think this is a game you play and I'm not playing this game with you.

Games?  You are offended by my asking for proof of what you say.  If you can provide a verse that unambiguously says what you claim, I would love to see it.

I have been born again for over forty years and I no the truth.   

Maybe a freudian slip here?  If you do know the truth, it should be easy to provide a verse that clearly says what you say.

When posters get offended when I ask for evidence or support for what they say, usually indicates that they don't have any.

Just saying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

16 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Why the snarkiness?  Of course I read my Bible every day.  I read from Acts through Rev every month, for about 2 decades now.

I never suggested or said you lied.  I asked for you to provide an unambiguous verse that says what you say.  I'm looking for proof.  It's called "trust but verify".

Games?  You are offended by my asking for proof of what you say.  If you can provide a verse that unambiguously says what you claim, I would love to see it.

Maybe a freudian slip here?  If you do know the truth, it should be easy to provide a verse that clearly says what you say.

When posters get offended when I ask for evidence or support for what they say, usually indicates that they don't have any.

Just saying.

There is not enough time to fight this out and that what you want. I really don't care what you think of me. Many scriptures have already been given.

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,971
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

For sure.   And one very false teaching is that one can lose salvation through lifestyle, or ceasing to believe.

OSAS discussions invariably end up in the weeds and get locked, and this thread is nearly there, so here's a thought . . .

If apostates were never saved, what are they apostasing from?