GoldenEagle

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Does not legalism only have a definition for those who are striving to become…

If the Holy Spirit dwells within us we are free, living out His/our desire without condemnation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Thanks Neb and GE! I thought maybe I had shared too much.....but maybe not! Thanks :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,353
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The gleaning:

Legalism is the self assurance of performing perfectly and in the very same motion calling God a liar... 1Jn 1:8-10

As Christ 'IS' The Only perfection of humanity -eternally- we in Him will be made as 'ARE' perfect by His Perfection...

This truth only allows for brokenness and contriteness as we sense clearly His right within us of perfect obedience yet focus upon

the bodily needs pulls us from that obedience... case in point Christ fasted to the point of death and remained unscathed by the

demands of the body! We have not resisted to the point of blood:

Heb 12:4-6

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord ,

Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;

6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,

And scourges every son whom He receives."

NKJV

We do not come to Him 'ever' justified, but always failing to love Him sufficient toward His due....

herein this light ,the why of brokenness, I agree with God that I fail in this but I would not! Yet I do! Love, Steven

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Something else I've pondered -

When it comes to sin-obsession, ever notice how the obsession is with not drinking, not cussing, attire, and the like; but things like hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions are not even on the radar?

Consider, how many churches ever split over cussers vs non-cussers?

But how many have split up on account of hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and the like?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

When it comes to sin-obsession, ever notice how the obsession is with not drinking, not cussing, attire, and the like; but things like hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions are not even on the radar?

But how many have split up on account of hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and the like?

Wow Neb. Will have to ponder this one. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,353
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

by cussing are you speaking of God's name in vain?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I've often thought about this myself. Externals are far easier to control than internals. The sins you are drawing attention to cannot really be contained by dressing or behaving

within dictated perimeters ...as I'm sure you know or you wouldn't have addressed them!

How much gossip is disguised as a prayer request...as in..."Oh Sally! I just had to call you...did you know that Sam and Jane are having an affair and with him the new worship leader!

I called you to have you pray about it." and then off goes Sally with the latest bit of g o s s i p......

or "you know Sally, I am so worried about Joe ... he was late for the service three times in a row....I called you to let you know so you can pray" Seriously?

I've actually had the "I'm so worried about you addressed to me in a personal sense with some behavior supposdly being addressed when it was actually just a way to

try to put me under that person's control by them exhibiting feigned concern (I knew the person so I am not wrong)...

How about being hit with "You need to come back to Jesus!" because you are not living your life the way someone thinks you should

Why is it that so many Christians seem to want to control everyone and everything around them? Or is that just my experience? It seems there is always some kind

of judgement being expressed...ummm...I guess that is what this thread is kind of about.......

Right on, Neb. :thumbsup:

The reason all the hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and the like are so prevalent is that the enemy is a master at distraction. He'll have everyone so focused on the not cussing, not smoking, not drinking, etc. that everyone's attention is on that stuff and not what's really important, like the fruits of the Spirit.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why is it that so many Christians seem to want to control everyone and everything around them? Or is that just my experience? It seems there is always some kind

of judgement being expressed...ummm...I guess that is what this thread is kind of about.......

Bingo on that one, Sevenseas!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

And so it goes. Judging those who judge others. Romans 2. None who do so will escape the judgment of God.