JTC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Sr rejected and refuted the wof movement at the end of his life.

http://www.cbn.com/s...Prosperity.aspx

For that, I think he should be commended.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Sr rejected and refuted the wof movement at the end of his life.

http://www.cbn.com/s...Prosperity.aspx

For that, I think he should be commended.

That is a good read, AJ. Thanks for the link.

The ending says it all!

Hagin told his followers: “Overemphasizing or adding to what the Bible actually teaches invariably does more harm than good.” If the man who pioneered the modern concept of biblical prosperity blew the whistle on his own movement, wouldn’t it make sense for us to listen to his admonition?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

I never heard of the man my self i learnt a lot from David Wilkerson and Nicky Cruze these two men have really been a blessing to me i have several books run baby run and the cross and switch blade when i heard that David Wilkerson had Died in a car crash i was shocked as this man really had a love towards street kids and those effected by drugs and alcohol

back when i found my self in jail the only book i read was the bible the material that brother mike ordered and helped him was not available as i was not aware you could order the material that brother mike ordered

what i notice is that a lot off the new age movements teaching is being accepted with in the body

JTC

There used to be a somewhat well known preacher named Kenneth Hagin Sr. He passed on in 2004 I think. I don't mean his son now, I mean the older man. I'd like to know how many of you liked him or respected him. That doesn't mean you have to agree with every word he said. I don't but I did like him. I found more truth in what he said than most preachers. Of course he was from another time era.

Not much has changed with Christians, they still like to Judge. Brother Hagin's ministry Helped me tremendously in Prison and sent all kinds of free material I requested. I had a locker full of his books and studied everything. It was his teaching that got me filled with the Holy Spirit and taught me to trust God no matter what it looks like.

My wife met his son here in Branson at the Olive Garden. Knowing who he was she went up to him and his wife and said Hi, I read a lot of your dads books. He smiled and asked if she like any of his books. She just smiled and said that we have a couple of your books.

Tinky

When I found out he and his family were of the "name it and claim it" crowd, ( or as I like to say, "blab it and grab it") I steered clear of them.

Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Are you saying that Jesus lied and what you believe and say does not happen?

Jesus Is Lord.

That is not what "name it and claim it" or the Word of Faith Movement is all about. Check this out.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm glad to hear some of you read/heard or saw him and it helped you.

I'm getting close to shutting down for the night. So I may not such great sense.

I want to tell Tinky that Bro Hagin was Not part of the name it and claim it group. He even explained why he wasn't. He also explained the difference between the New Age teachings and his, which look similar. They are different. As I said, Bro Hagin changed my life. If his books are still available, I strongly recommend starting with a small book called "I Believe in Visions". Hagin describes his 8 major visions of Jesus. Unless you simply refuse to believe him, this book is awesome. I wish I could have the relationship with God Hagin had. But one of you should say "John you lie". Maybe I do. Maybe I'm still not ready at 60 to give up everything of the world and make God the only desire of my heart. But Tinky, please give Hagin Sr another read. He was a mighty man of God and we are sorely lacking them these days. Let me ask you all this. If you experienced a manifestation of God, and more precisely the Holy Spirit, and if what you experienced doesn't conflict with the Bible, but all your friends say naw, it can't be, because they can't see it or were taught it shouldn't be, but you experienced it. Should you deny it because your Christian friends say no? I say no. I know what I experienced at his crusades. They were real. They had to be because I'm not psychotic.

I'm really too tired for tonight. Good night my friends.

John

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I would suggest that it is the heart that kills. The tongue is just the tool. "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." and also "The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell."

The heart is what matters.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've been involved with this since about 1991, because I think that was when I first heard of K. Hagin. I still haven’t gotten this totally straight in my head or my life. And I used to read everything Hagin wrote that I could get my hands on. After that night I was prayed for individually, for a while, I could seem to effect certain things in reality. But it always had to be something that would glorify God, or I had to be doing something in service of God. It could never be something personal for me. And forget money.

I think what happened after that was I started trying to talk my cousin out of his new age beliefs. My cousin used to try and equate Hagin's teaching with my cousin's New age BS, and by 1996 I lost what I had gained. But now this 2 months of no power due to the Sandy storm, got me listening to K Hagin's tapes again.

My life is a mess and my heart and mouth are going the wrong way. So of course I can't pray for something and get it. And that was another thing with Hagin's teaching on this. One had to pray for what one wanted, and sometimes one had to fast and pray for 1 or 2 days. K Hagin said there were times he locked himself up in the chapel and didn't come out for 2 days.

There was also something about a person had to have a special kind of God faith. There's something about this in the epistles but I don't recall where.

But it's not a name it and claim it. To pray like this, and see results, one also must be living almost sin free. I'm not. I try almost everyday to stay without many sins, and then someone comes along and makes me angry, very angry, and then I'm back in sin. It just happened last night.

The thing is, while sitting here with no power listening to my Bible tapes and then Hagin tapes, I remembered when I was pretty close to being able to pray like this. So I created this thread in the hopes some of you know what I've forgotten.

One of my problems is I can't make up my mind if I want to live or die. Before Sandy I wanted to die. After Sandy I found a new reason to live. What the people who were once my extended family did to me, and for no good reasons, is unspeakable. But here in this disaster zone I found other people, good people who seemed to need me and want me. And thus I wanted to live again.

But now I seem to be fighting the Flu, which I haven't had in over 20 years, and which I shouldn't admit I have. But the Doc's also fear I have cancer, and part of me hopes I do so I can die, but part of me hopes I don't and maybe God can use this disaster to give me a life again with people in it. Because I haven't had one in 12 years. One thing I think we all do is we allow others to effect how we feel about ourselves. I have no immediate family. The last 1 died 12 years ago. The extended family, whom I was once very close with, cut me off, and make me feel worthless. But I just spent the past 2.5 months proving I'm anything but worthless. I worked everyday with my friend in his pharmacy to get it up and running. I was there when folks came in and were so happy we had what they needed. And I had a lot to do with making that happen. But now I'm sick and I can't seem to kick it. I haven't even had the flu in so long I don't recall how you kick it.

Anyway. I'm something of a mess.

My life is a mess and my heart and mouth are going the wrong way. So of course I can't pray for something and get it. And that was another thing with Hagin's teaching on this. One had to pray for what one wanted, and sometimes one had to fast and pray for 1 or 2 days. K Hagin said there were times he locked himself up in the chapel and didn't come out for 2 days.

There was also something about a person had to have a special kind of God faith. There's something about this in the epistles but I don't recall where.

:thumbsup:

Praying~!

~

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:11-14

Amen

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. James 4:8

And Amen

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi JTC. I think our friend Fresno nailed it. Your health right now is paramount, and as threads like these usually get pretty ugly pretty fast, you might want to bow out (I know I am).

Get some rest, and get strong, friend.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am not sick, not broke, full of joy, blessed, goodness and mercy follow me everywhere, I have the wisdom of God for all things, I am never confused, or lack any good thing. I will never say I don't know what to do, the Holy Spirit always shows me.

So being sick, or broke, means what?