IGNORED

Is the False Prophet a person or nation/nations?

firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Muslim prophecy is not of God, so it is not true prophecy, so don't quote from it and compare it to the Bible.  Nostradamus was not a prophet of God either.  Why bring up what these false religions/prophets say and try to make them prophetic?  They are like chaff in the wind.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Muslim prophecy is not of God, so it is not true prophecy, so don't quote from it and compare it to the Bible.  Nostradamus was not a prophet of God either.  Why bring up what these false religions/prophets say and try to make them prophetic?  They are like chaff in the wind.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Muslim prophecy is not from God, that is true. However, there are two things you have to consider:

1/Mohammed paid Jewish and Christian clerics to teach him about the Bible. He incorporated some of these teachings into his own theology (after sufficiently twisting them for his own benefit of course).

There is some evidence that angry Christians may have 'set him up' and cast him and his religion into an End Time role. They portrayed him as the False Prophet but in Mohammed's own mind the story was twisted so that the False Prophet would triumph. In other words the villains have become the heroes and the heroes have become the villains. You could say that Muslims because of Mohammed's teachings are unwittingly creating a self-fulfilling prophecy, the only details they have wrong is that they are actually on the losing side.

2/ Satan can read scripture too. He may have given messages to Mohammed that created an alternative scripture where the bad guys win. Satan would need a stooge to set up the right conditions for his ascent to power. Mohammed may have been that stooge and all his followers are carrying out Satan's plan without being aware of it.

Islam may be a false religion but its uncanny resemblance to the religion of the Beast is probably no coincidence.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Willowwood

Your quote:  Muslim prophecy is not from God, that is true. However, there are two things you have to consider:

Really we do not have to consider anything.  Your first sentence said it all.  I am troubled with the word "however" , this puts doubt on the True Scripture which we know is 100 percent accurate.

True Prophecy is always 100 percent accurate.  It is like saying; since this is the 21st century the weapons of war or modes of transportation which a particular OT or NT prophet described really mean something else; they are these other things. Exa. the 200,000,000 riders from the East, are they really riding on horses or on some other mode of transportation that is common to this period of time (tanks, jeeps, helicopters, etc.).   Scriptural substitution. OT or NT prophets were not familiar with 21st Century "things" so things have changed.  The question is, Who had the dream or vision and what did they see or describe.  or What will be the weapons or war or modes of transportation be, say 5 or 10 years from now, will they be as described by the OT or NT Prophet.

Will what seems correct now, may not be the same 5 to 10 years down the road.  The Berlin wall would never fall, it did.  Israel would never again be a nation in their own land, they did.  America the "great", now becoming America the "not so great".  Things ebb and flow according to Gods Will.  Don't short change True Bible Prophecy.  What goes around, comes around.  Islam is in vogue now, maybe not 2 or 3 years from now.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

I heard a preaching last night on TV that the false prophet or the 2nd beast of revelation is 2 nations and not a person. The reason they said this is because of the 2 horns on the false prophet or 2nd beast. Has anyone every heard this?

I could image the false prophet could be something like the Mahdi in Islam.   But I could also see how it could be a religion in general when those bible verses are seen more figuratively.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

The false prophet is indeed a person.  Considering the world we live in today, the candidates for the false prophet is a person in a high religious office, that the entire world would listen to.  His purpose is to unite religion to the government that is under the Antichrist.  Government and religion will be brought together under the new world order.

Some feel that it will be a mullah that rises out of Islam...  They are still waiting for their messiah.  This seems like one of the most likely scenarios.

Another camp feels that it could even be the Pope.  This seems like an even more likely candidate to me- especially with the Vatican moving further and further away from biblical truth.  Gay marriage, abortion, all religions leading to salvation, etc...  I know I am offending our Catholic friends but you owe it to yourself to investigate your own history and future.

Many feel that the Pope will continually water down Catholicism until it accepts all forms of debauchery.  He will most likely be the bridge between all other religions, government, and the Antichrist in the end.  Just look what past Pope's have done and what even the current Pope is doing.  Just read the current news on the Pope...  Moving all Catholics into an acceptance of everything and everyone.

The national poll — conducted the last week of September — also showed that American Catholics have a favorable (53 percent) or very favorable (36 percent) opinion of Francis, and just 4 percent view him negatively.

“American Catholics liked what they heard when Pope Francis said the church should stop talking so much about issues like gay marriage, abortion and contraception,” said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

The survey also found that Catholic support for same-sex marriage continues to be strong, as other surveys have found, with six-in-10 Catholics approving of gay marriage and 31 percent opposed. That’s slightly above the national 56 percent approval rating.

Here's a NY Times article.  http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/obama-hugely-impressed-by-pope-francis/?_r=0

Obama ‘Hugely Impressed’ by Pope Francis By LAURIE GOODSTEIN

President Obama said in an interview on Wednesday that he had been “hugely impressed” with Pope Francis, “not because of any particular issue” but because he seemed to be “thinking about how to embrace people as opposed to push them away.”

“He seems somebody who lives out the teachings of Christ. Incredible humility, incredible sense of empathy to the least of these, to the poor,” the president said in an interview on CNBC. “He’s also somebody who’s, I think, first and foremost, thinking about how to embrace people as opposed to push them away. How to find what’s good in them as opposed to condemn them.”

Pope Francis has given two interviews that were published in the last two weeks in which he has indicated that he wants to see a truce in the culture wars and that the church should put love and mercy above doctrine and judgment. On the issues of abortion, gay marriage and contraception, Pope Francis said, “It is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time,” adding, “We have to find a new balance.”

These words may offer a ray of hope to Mr. Obama, who has been locked in a standoff with Roman Catholic bishops in the United States. The bishops are suing the Obama administration over a mandate in the president’s health care law that requires Catholic colleges and hospitals to allow their employees access to free birth control, including morning-after pills that the bishops say are abortifacients. Declaring that President Obama is a threat to the church’s religious freedom, the bishops have mounted a major campaign to rally Catholics across the country to oppose the contraception mandate.

The president did not mention all of this in the interview. He said that Francis emanated a spirit of “love and unity” through both his actions and his words.

“For any religious leader, that’s something that’s a quality I admire,” he said. “And I would argue for any leader period, that’s a quality that I admire.”

Circling back to Washington politics, he said that “no party has a monopoly on wisdom.”

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Willowwood

Your quote:  Muslim prophecy is not from God, that is true. However, there are two things you have to consider:

Really we do not have to consider anything.  Your first sentence said it all.  I am troubled with the word "however" , this puts doubt on the True Scripture which we know is 100 percent accurate.

True Prophecy is always 100 percent accurate.  It is like saying; since this is the 21st century the weapons of war or modes of transportation which a particular OT or NT prophet described really mean something else; they are these other things. Exa. the 200,000,000 riders from the East, are they really riding on horses or on some other mode of transportation that is common to this period of time (tanks, jeeps, helicopters, etc.).   Scriptural substitution. OT or NT prophets were not familiar with 21st Century "things" so things have changed.  The question is, Who had the dream or vision and what did they see or describe.  or What will be the weapons or war or modes of transportation be, say 5 or 10 years from now, will they be as described by the OT or NT Prophet.

Will what seems correct now, may not be the same 5 to 10 years down the road.  The Berlin wall would never fall, it did.  Israel would never again be a nation in their own land, they did.  America the "great", now becoming America the "not so great".  Things ebb and flow according to Gods Will.  Don't short change True Bible Prophecy.  What goes around, comes around.  Islam is in vogue now, maybe not 2 or 3 years from now.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Why do we not have to consider anything? What are you talking about.? Nobody is saying that the Bible is not true, and nobody is saying that Islamic scripture is anything other than false prophecy. I've never thought otherwise and never will. Please do not accuse me of doubting true scripture. I don't.

You are misunderstanding my views. If you have ever read any of my other posts on Islam, you will know that I believe that Islam is 100% evil. I have frequently commented on Islam. I often post on Islam. Please do not put words into my mouth or accuse me of saying what I haven't said.

Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I heard a preaching last night on TV that the false prophet or the 2nd beast of revelation is 2 nations and not a person. The reason they said this is because of the 2 horns on the false prophet or 2nd beast. Has anyone every heard this?

I could image the false prophet could be something like the Mahdi in Islam.   But I could also see how it could be a religion in general when those bible verses are seen more figuratively.

how do you figuratively throw two nations or a religion into a lake of fire?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

That's exactly what I could not get around, but wanted to see if anyone else had heard this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

It's the same kind of abstraction and illustration the way Jesus is "the lamb of God" but is not actually a sheep.   :)

People are damned by following the tenants of the evil anti Christ religion, and rejecting God, the prompting of the Holy Spirit whatever.    In terms of nations, the people of the nation are damned when they follow their great anti-Christ dictator rather than listening to "The Two Witnesses" etc.

Edited by Addai

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

with me, that just doesn't compute.