IGNORED

A Question for Everybody

joejkljkl

Guest shiloh357

???? Why would anyone choose to go to hell?

Because they hate God.

Those people usually don't believe in hell.  So it is doubtful they are choosing hell.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

For those of you who said this is un-biblical: please provide scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

:24:

sorry...that's just my honest and first response to asking for scripure

my sense of humor is a little off the middle from time to time 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Here's an idea, everybody: What if everyone is saved, and some people (unbelievers who have died) choose to go to Hell?

It happens everyday Romans chapters 1-3

Guest Butero

???? Why would anyone choose to go to hell?

Because they hate God.

That may not be as far fetched as it sounds.  Satan willingly chose hell by giving up his position of service to God.  I once heard a woman who is a practicing witch say she hates God and looks forward to hearing him pronounce judgment on her and send her away into everlasting punishment.  I know it doesn't make sense to most of us, but some actually hate God so much they would rather go to hell than be in his presence.  I believe they will feel different about it once they actually get there. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Here's an idea, everybody: What if everyone is saved, and some people (unbelievers who have died) choose to go to Hell?

It's more like we are all born unsaved in a metaphorical hell and need to find our way out of it by finding salvation in order to not end up in the real hell. :lightbulb2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joejkljkl!
     Glory to God......Here is a couple of Scriptures you requested,,,,,,there are many more but I thinks this should suffice.....

Psalm 51:5 ESV / 63 helpful votes

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Romans 5:12 ESV / 47 helpful votes

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Psalm 58:3 ESV / 42 helpful votes

The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray from birth, speaking lies.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 ESV / 41 helpful votes

Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.

Romans 3:23 ESV / 33 helpful votes

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 5:19 ESV / 25 helpful votes

For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

Genesis 8:21 ESV / 16 helpful votes

And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done.

Ezekiel 28:15 ESV / 14 helpful votes

You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till unrighteousness was found in you.

Proverbs 22:15 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.

1 John 1:10 ESV / 10 helpful votes

If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Jeremiah 17:9 ESV / 10 helpful votes

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

Ecclesiastes 7:29 ESV / 8 helpful votes

See, this alone I found, that God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes.

Job 15:14-16 ESV / 8 helpful votes

What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous? Behold, God puts no trust in his holy ones, and the heavens are not pure in his sight; how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!

1 John 1:9 ESV / 6 helpful votes

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 4:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Romans 3:10 ESV / 6 helpful votes

As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;

Acts 3:19-21 ESV / 5 helpful votes

Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago.

John 3:16-17 ESV / 5 helpful votes

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Ezekiel 18:1-32 ESV / 5 helpful votes

The word of the Lord came to me: “What do you mean by repeating this proverb concerning the land of Israel, ‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge’? As I live, declares the Lord God, this proverb shall no more be used by you in Israel. Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die. “If a man is righteous and does what is just and right—

Jeremiah 31:29 ESV / 5 helpful votes

In those days they shall no longer say: “‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.’

Psalm 51:1-19 ESV / 5 helpful votes

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV / 4 helpful votes

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Romans 3:25 ESV / 4 helpful votes

Whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

John 3:16 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Luke 18:19 ESV / 4 helpful votes

And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.

Jeremiah 3:25 ESV / 4 helpful votes

Let us lie down in our shame, and let our dishonor cover us. For we have sinned against the Lord our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even to this day, and we have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God.”

Psalm 22:9-10 ESV / 4 helpful votes

Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God.

Job 14:1-4 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble. He comes out like a flower and withers; he flees like a shadow and continues not. And do you open your eyes on such a one and bring me into judgment with you? Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.

1 Kings 8:46 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“If they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin—and you are angry with them and give them to an enemy, so that they are carried away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near,

Genesis 38:1-30 ESV / 4 helpful votes

It happened at that time that Judah went down from his brothers and turned aside to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah. There Judah saw the daughter of a certain Canaanite whose name was Shua. He took her and went in to her, and she conceived and bore a son, and he called his name Er. She conceived again and bore a son, and she called his name Onan. Yet again she bore a son, and she called his name Shelah. Judah was in Chezib when she bore him.

Genesis 6:5 ESV / 4 helpful votes

The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 2:17 ESV / 4 helpful votes

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Genesis 1:27 ESV / 4 helpful votes

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

1 John 3:4 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

1 Corinthians 15:25 ESV / 3 helpful votes

For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

Romans 5:14 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

John 8:44 ESV / 3 helpful votes

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Matthew 19:14 ESV / 3 helpful votes

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Matthew 18:3 ESV / 3 helpful votes

And said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Isaiah 53:6 ESV / 3 helpful votes

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 2:1-22 ESV / 3 helpful votes

The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, and many peoples shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. O house of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord.

Isaiah 1:1-31 ESV / 3 helpful votes

The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for the Lord has spoken: “Children have I reared and brought up, but they have rebelled against me. The ox knows its owner, and the donkey its master's crib, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.” Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken the Lord, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are utterly estranged. Why will you still be struck down? Why will you continue to rebel? The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

Psalm 14:1-3 ESV / 3 helpful votes

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.

Deuteronomy 23:2 ESV / 3 helpful votes

“No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord.

Leviticus 5:7-13 ESV / 3 helpful votes

“But if he cannot afford a lamb, then he shall bring to the Lord as his compensation for the sin that he has committed two turtledoves or two pigeons, one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. He shall bring them to the priest, who shall offer first the one for the sin offering. He shall wring its head from its neck but shall not sever it completely, and he shall sprinkle some of the blood of the sin offering on the side of the altar, while the rest of the blood shall be drained out at the base of the altar; it is a sin offering. Then he shall offer the second for a burnt offering according to the rule. And the priest shall make atonement for him for the sin that he has committed, and he shall be forgiven. “But if he cannot afford two turtledoves or two pigeons, then he shall bring as his offering for the sin that he has committed a tenth of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering. He shall put no oil on it and shall put no frankincense on it, for it is a sin offering.

Romans 6:23 ESV / 2 helpful votes

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:20 ESV / 2 helpful votes

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.

Romans 5:12-21 ESV / 2 helpful votes

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification.

Romans 5:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Luke 1:28 ESV / 2 helpful votes

And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”

Matthew 19:13-15 ESV / 2 helpful votes

Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away.

Isaiah 55:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

Isaiah 11:9 ESV / 2 helpful votes

They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 7:16 ESV / 2 helpful votes

For before the boy knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land whose two kings you dread will be deserted.

Isaiah 7:15 ESV / 2 helpful votes

He shall eat curds and honey when he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good.

Psalm 119:9-11 ESV / 2 helpful votes

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 118:22 ESV / 2 helpful votes                                                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

My sweet sister Kwik,

God bless you, dear, for taking the time to post all of that for us. It is appreciated.

Your sister, Chloe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The only choice available to man is whether to follow the Lord or not....salvation has to come from the Savior; it is NOT something we're born with but something we have to request from Him. 

John 3:16 thru 21

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Amen, morning glory. that is exactly what i was about to post.