• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

There was a couple times I went to a small or large 'church' ......   when the music started and was so loud to start with,  I left right away.   God didn't leave -- He knew ahead of time and didn't show up !  (they didn't want Him there,  they were too busy entertaining, trying to please themselves) 

Gonna have to call you on this because life in this fallen world is rarely as black and white as you make it sound. You and I might not care for loud music, and that's fine, but there are other people don't mind it and that's okay too. It's way above my pay grade to say whether it honors God or not and I'm not going to debate the issue. People have been arguing about that for over 2000 years and still don't agree, so its a waste of time to me. The Church was given a lot of leeway in worship in the NT.

You and I have no way of knowing whether the Lord was there in that church or not, but don't forget that Jesus said anywhere 2 or more believers are gathered together in His name that He would be in the midst of them. Those believers may not match your internal idea of what a believer should look like either - we come in all kinds of shapes colors and sizes.  :)  I was reminded of that this morning when we had a homeless young lady join us for worship.

Don't like loud music? Do what I do: bring a set of ear plugs when visiting a church you've never been to before just in case. That way you don't have to leave when someone decides to turn the volume up, or the drummer gets out of hand! I traveled a lot for many years and visited a lot of churches in the process and that's what I always did.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

There was a couple times I went to a small or large 'church' ......   when the music started and was so loud to start with,  I left right away.   God didn't leave -- He knew ahead of time and didn't show up !  (they didn't want Him there,  they were too busy entertaining, trying to please themselves) 

Gonna have to call you on this because life in this fallen world is rarely as black and white as you make it sound. You and I might not care for loud music, and that's fine, but there are other people don't mind it and that's okay too. It's way above my pay grade to say whether it honors God or not and I'm not going to debate the issue. People have been arguing about that for over 2000 years and still don't agree, so its a waste of time to me. The Church was given a lot of leeway in worship in the NT.

You and I have no way of knowing whether the Lord was there in that church or not, but don't forget that Jesus said anywhere 2 or more believers are gathered together in His name that He would be in the midst of them. Those believers may not match your internal idea of what a believer should look like either - we come in all kinds of shapes colors and sizes.  :)  I was reminded of that this morning when we had a homeless young lady join us for worship.

Don't like loud music? Do what I do: bring a set of ear plugs when visiting a church you've never been to before just in case. That way you don't have to leave when someone decides to turn the volume up, or the drummer gets out of hand! I traveled a lot for many years and visited a lot of churches in the process and that's what I always did.

Well said, Walla.  God won't stay away because of the music.  :)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

It's not a matter of opinion or what someone likes.   Return to God's Word and see what He says. 

Someone else ((here)) wasn't sure about the sin of the world ((and worldly)) church(es) until they on their own 

sought the truth, and part of their answer came from their own research for a few days or weeks.  Then they knew.

To shorten your research, if you decide to seek the Truth,  look up the lessons from David Wilkerson.  

Also, if you can find them, the letters from the persecuted believers in Russia to the "churches" in America on the subject.  They might not be available any more.  Same with David Wilkerson's , but like I said , that would just make your search shorter - even without those, you can still find out..

No one's going to look up your sources; just post whatever it is you're trying to make known.  You've been here long enough now to know the drill, jeff.

It's not a matter of opinion or what someone likes.   Return to God's Word and see what He says. 

Someone else ((here)) wasn't sure about the sin of the world ((and worldly)) church(es) until they on their own 

sought the truth, and part of their answer came from their own research for a few days or weeks.  Then they knew.

To shorten your research, if you decide to seek the Truth,  look up the lessons from David Wilkerson.  

Also, if you can find them, the letters from the persecuted believers in Russia to the "churches" in America on the subject.  They might not be available any more.  Same with David Wilkerson's , but like I said , that would just make your search shorter - even without those, you can still find out..

I already know the truth, Jeff. I'm owned by the Lord Jesus Christ and I have a few years experience on the narrow road and all I'll say to you is this:

Sooner or later the Lord will bring you to a point at which you understand that life in this world is not the black and white view that you would have it to be just as he's done in my life. He tends to change us that way. I'm a lot more willing to give others room to be themselves in matters like worship music, etc. that are non-salvific than I once was. I still stand by what I wrote.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I am most surprised by the vast and I do mean vast number of people in church today who are wearing hearing aids. They cannot hear the sound at a level that the normal person can and want the sound to be increased. It is frustrating attempting to strike a balance between the two factions. Increasing sound for those who cannot hear and lowering it for those who can. What a dilemma.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lambsy,,,,,,

I was thinking about what you said about the folks with hearing aids & I would imagine they would have screetching feedback & all kinds of noise from some of those ridiculously loud PA's & amps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the thing is they are usually in such a small place & yet they have it turned up for the likes of a football stadium,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the church I used to attend was loud enough that a totally deaf person would have heard the music!

As I said earlier on this thread,I used to get to church half n hour late so I did not have to be tortured by the "noise",,,,it does not even sound like music at that volume,,,,,,,,     But I do not go there anymore,I did not like giving up  praise & worship time just because it was too loud for me,,,,,,there are plenty of churches around for me to enjoy the service without having to miss out on anything,,,,,,,,,,

Perhaps if everyone left that was as uncomfortable as they say they are(& gave the Pastor their reason for leaving),,,,they might get the hint?                                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

It is only once a week and from my experience it is not as loud as some concerts I have been to.I wore ear plugs then.I have also noticed the car next to me on the street.I do not see how they have any hearing left.Also there is a huge risk of hearing loss from wearing ear buds on ipods.That is a good excuse for some to not attend Church?I have other reasons.I liked the music at the Church I went to.

FYI for anyone interested:

Here's an answer for all that unwanted noise in church and the rest of our lives: 50 Pair of Orange Ear Plugs at Amazon for $7.58. I used these so I could sleep through noisy neighbors when working night shift. They do a really good job of moving the racket into the background where its easier to ignore or sleep through. A good comparison would be of moving the noise into the background.

Why damage your hearing just because everyone else wants the volume at 11?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

On 11/1/2015, 7:53:54, simplejeff said:

I find it interesting, that  most of the sources you claim exist to back up a certain point "can't be found" or are no longer in existence... or the best one ever: they are being hidden by libraries and such because they don't want us to know the truth.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

If it's too loud your too old. Ok in all seriousness, have to brought up this issue with the pastor? Maybe he is not even aware that there is an issue?