• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I havent heard of God backing off or his spirit lifting but if that happens its only because he is not welcomed there. See God is a gentlemen he could easily fill every place and person with his spirit and could force us to love him, but no he waits for permission and then enters. He never would fully leave or else death would be happening to everyone within five minutes.

Somebody else said that 'God is a gentlemen'. I forget who.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I have heard that the world is doing what they want and not what God wants and trying to take God out. So I heard that means that God is backing away or the holy spirit is lifting. If that is true the world will get worse and worse. Then why is God here now, if nobody wants him here, why is her here. If holy spirit is lifting and God is backing away and leaving. Where does that leave us. Maybe you guys can explain it to me better.

I think you have been misled.  God is not "backing away" in any form.  If He was, than He would not be God, for God is true to His word.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Yes, the world will get worse, but not because of God backing away, but because man has closed his heart to God. It is important to learn the difference for when the time comes when it gets really bad, you may then questions God's love to you if you accept He has left you. Nowhere in scripture does He say He will remove His love from us, take back His Spirit or turn His back on His children. Don't swallow a lie.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,175
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi tigger398,

We also know that this world is upheld by the power of His word.

`God,......has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He made the worlds; ......& upholding all things by the word of His power,...` (Heb. 1: 1 & 2)

God is also `herding the heathen folk,` into great confederacies & then the final Global Government where man thinks he can solve the world`s problems till God brings the final judgment upon them. (Joel 3: 3 Knox)

God is upholding this earth plus bringing about His plans to bring all authority under Christ. Man`s futile plans have to be shown to be futile otherwise God would not be just.

Keep trusting our precious Saviour for `though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me.` (Ps. 23: 4)

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

because I want him here and as long as one of us is here.....  I think he will be here even if the rest of the whole world goes to hell.

I believe anyone of us who wants  Him here He will remain with  us.  Remember one of us plus God makes a majority.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Tigger, you have heard wrong.  God will never ever desert us or leave us or let us down or forsake us.  Nothing can ever separate us from His love.  His Spirit will never leave anyone who wants Him.  The Holy Spirit may not be working in some people the way He did years ago, but perhaps they have lost their first love.  It is never God's fault.  

Hollywood and movies have been an evil influence making people think that everyone has sick morals.  That may be true in the pretend world of movies and in LA, San Francisco and some large cities but there are still plenty of people who live for God.  Some of the older denominations are falling away from believing the Bible but some are growing that still believe and people are still being saved and filled with the Holy Spirit.  At the end of Mathew and Mark Jesus said, and Lo I am with you always, even unto the end of the age.  That is His promise.

Love you,

Willa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

You may have an inverted view of the Kingdom. Jesus will never leave his Kingdom empty of the same power and presence He occupied during His earthly ministry. Jesus promised His people, "lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Mat. 28:20).

The people telling you that God is backing away don't know what they are talking about.

Let me ask you a crazy theological question: if the Church is the Body of Christ in the earth today (1 Cor. 12:27), how can God distance Himself from His own body? As an ambassador of heaven, I can tell you that God hasn't left or pulled back. We can individually and collectively be as close to God as we want to be.

Stand

Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame. Isaiah 66:5 (NIV)

Fast

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

~

I have heard that the world is doing what they want and not what God wants and trying to take God out.

So I heard that means that God is backing away or the holy spirit is lifting.

If that is true the world will get worse and worse.

Then why is God here now, if nobody wants him here, why is He here.

If holy spirit is lifting and God is backing away and leaving.

Where does that leave us.

Maybe you guys can explain it to me better.

:thumbsup:

The World Will Get Worse And Worse

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:

but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Matthew 24:21-22

And God Will Get

So be truly glad.

There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.

These trials will show that your faith is genuine.

It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold — though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.

So when your faith remains strong through many trials,

it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

The Glory

“Because heloves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him. Psalms 91:14-15 (NIV)

Glory

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Amen~!

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I also feel like God is backing off from America, but just look at what we (as a nation) are doing. I leave too if I feel unwanted. The Holy Spirit isn't gone, because there are still many of us who want Him. But I also think that God is needed more in the Mid East, Russia, Ukraine, and those places. Our world is in worse condition now than it has been in since the 1960's. If we would all turn more to God, and away from sin, we'd see the moving of God's Holy Spirit more.