FreeinChrist

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Some learned men believe Solomon wrote the book.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Just had a few questions about the Book of Job, and wanted to get others opinions.

God tells satan that He (God) was moved against Job, by satan without cause Job 2:3, why do you think God would allow satan to do this?

At the end of Job, God talks to Job, but never explains to Job why he had to suffer.  Yet God is so great in Job's presence that he repents, of his questioning God; so why do I (we) as Christian(s) who know all that Jesus Christ suffered for us, so easily forget and murmured against God, after all that He has done for me (us)?  Speaking of myself more than anybody else here.

And the final question why do you think God never explained to Job why he had suffered so greatly?

Feel free to answer one or as many as you want.

Towards the end chapters you'll find that God asks Job if he will disannul His Judgment so that Job can appear righteous. That's one of the keys.

Job 40:1-8

1    Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,

2    Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct Him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

3    Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

4    Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer Thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

5    Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

6    Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

7    Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto Me.

8    Wilt thou also disannul My judgment? wilt thou condemn Me, that thou mayest be righteous?

(KJV)

Throughout the Book Job refuses to confess of any wrongdoing as the cause of his troubles. His friends and family are sure he sinned that caused the trials upon him, so they try to get Job to confess his sin and die to end his misery. This in itself is a lesson for us, because of 1 Corinthians 10:13. Trials of this world may happen upon God's people which are simply part of this world, not because of some sin we may have done. Yet still, we are all guilty of sin so that Salvation could be through Christ Jesus, The only One born flesh Who had no sin.

We will continue to battle sin and the things of this world while in this flesh (look at Apostle Paul's trials after he had come to Christ). Another thing about Job, it is shown that Job was one of God's elect. After Job's trials God restored to him double, which is a sign of one of His elect per OT history.

So Satan's challenge to God was no big thing, since God knew Job would not fall away from the Faith on Him, for Job was one of His elect. Yet with Job claiming he had done nothing wrong to warrant the trials was to try and assert his own righteousness, which was a type of sin, because there's no way we can do that comparing our self-righteousness to God's Righteousness.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I am glad to hear I am not alone with this difficult book.  I will leave it at that.  I do not want to end up doing the same thing as Job and question God, but resign myself to the notion that I do not have enough information to fully evaluate this enigmatic work.  Paradoxically, I find that this book along with other difficult passages in the Bible demonstrate that it was not edited or corrupted during its long history of being copied.  I am sure that some of our spiritual ancestors had similar questions, but knew that they must be faithful copyists and transmit the manuscripts as originally written, rather than modify them to make it easier for readers then and in the future.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

....why do you think God would allow satan to do this....

:thumbsup:

To Show Us First Liar

Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. Job 1:9-11

Eating His Dust Dinner

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. Job 1:20-22

Or Was It To Show Us

And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. Job 1:5

God's Power And Grace

And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10

~

....why do.... Christian(s).... murmured against God....

Job

Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous? Job 40:8

Sees God

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:5-6

~

....And the final question why do you think God....

Jesus

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Is Reveled

The most amazing thing about Job to me is that last statement, Fresno, that Job was aware that there was a redeemer who was alive at that time, and that though he dies, he knows that there is a resurrection an that he will stand before his Maker. There is no indication of his lineage but he must have been close to Adam or Enoch to know that a Saviour was coming and that he had to live righteously to stand innocent before his God. I love this book.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Just a note on my part about the book and story of Job....    it appears that as we can today that Job got caught up in the spiritual war between God and Satan....   The things that happened to Job was not because he had done something wrong, but just the opposite he was doing things right....    and God used him to show Satan that some entities would not turn against him no matter what happened.    A good object lesson for Satan..    When we get caught up in this battle and things happen that we really don't seem to have brought on ourselves, it shows us that we should think it a privilege to be used by God.     It seems to me that it took Job a bit of time to understand that.

Just my view of things.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Very insightful!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

He got replacement livestock and kids.  God left him off better than he started.  Not sure what the problem is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Just had a few questions about the Book of Job, and wanted to get others opinions.

God tells satan that He (God) was moved against Job, by satan without cause Job 2:3, why do you think God would allow satan to do this?

At the end of Job, God talks to Job, but never explains to Job why he had to suffer.  Yet God is so great in Job's presence that he repents, of his questioning God; so why do I (we) as Christian(s) who know all that Jesus Christ suffered for us, so easily forget and murmured against God, after all that He has done for me (us)?  Speaking of myself more than anybody else here.

And the final question why do you think God never explained to Job why he had suffered so greatly?

Feel free to answer one or as many as you want.

Hi 19Duggarfan

Let me try to put some logic around it and see what you think

1. God wasn't moved by Satan rather considered what he had to say about Job and allowed him to be tested to prove out a truth.

2. Job already knew why God had allowed this to happen so he didn't need God to explain it.

But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

-Job 2:10

3. I think the issue was he was questioning the wisdom behind the adversity after he had sunk to his lowest low.

4. God's wisdom proves out in Job as God reveals Himself and begins to see the bigger picture instead of being stuck in the mud with his friends, so called.

For I know that my Redeemer lives,

And He shall stand at last on the earth;

-Job 19:25

There's a lot more but that's all the time I have this morning.

May you be blessed in the Lord, Pat

In engineering the last phase of your design is to prove it out by rigorous testing and tweak out the imperfections and things which can be reliability issues down the road. Is that not what God did here.

Edited by Macs Son

• Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

First and foremost thank you all, so much for all your great comments and help, as all your responses have help me out greatly.  

....why do you think God would allow satan to do this....

To Show Us First Liar

Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. Job 1:9-11

Eating His Dust Dinner

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. Job 1:20-22

Or Was It To Show Us

And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. Job 1:5

God's Power And Grace

And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10

~

....why do.... Christian(s).... murmured against God....

Job

Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous? Job 40:8

Sees God

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. Job 42:5-6

~

....And the final question why do you think God....

Jesus

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Is Reveled

Fresno Joe, may God continue to richly bless you, as you pointed out the obvious, to which I must confess I missed out.  For Jesus said, Search the scriptures; for in them, ye think ye have eternal life; and they are they which testify of Me.  John 5:39   For the underlined portion of your post is giving all the glory to our Lord Jesus Christ; this was a real blessing to my soul thank you so much.

I think the answer to all of the questions in the OP is that this story shows God's sovereignty.  He doesn't owe us any explanations for anything he does.  That doesn't mean he won't take the time to reveal things to us, as he certainly will do that, but we can't demand anything of God.  We are God's creation, put here for his pleasure.  He is free to do with us what he wishes.  I do not believe Job is a parable.  I believe Job was a real man, and the story is 100 percent accurate.  It does give us a glimpse into some of the things that take place on a regular basis in heaven.  It also shows how even Satan has to answer to God.  He is not free to do anything he wishes.  We also see how it is possible to think we have all the answers, and be dead wrong.  We see that with Job's friends, who seemed to be intelligent men.  There is a lot in the book of Job. 

BTW Trinitron, was that a serious question?  You can't replace your family.  Yes, Job did wind up with more than he had to begin with, but he lost his children.  If it was just possessions, I could see your point, but that was an awful thing to have happen. 

As the other posts here this one was also helpful to me Butero.   But also leads me to 2 others questions.  And by the way thank you, for all your help of recent with my problem, dear brother in Christ.

Job 13:4-5

4)  But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.

5)  O that ye would altogether hold your peace!  and it should be your wisdom.

We as Christian sometimes are to quick to speak our minds without knowing the whole story just as Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar, did.   So what are the opinions on this, Do Christian sometimes show the most wisdom by being quiet and just listening and leaning a ear, without comment?

God tells Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar that His wrath was kindled against them, Job 42:7, but He never mentions Elihu why do you think this was the case?

Just a few other verse on the man Job not in the Book of Job.

14)  Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

20)  Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Ezekiel 14:14, 20

Behold, we count them happy which endure.  Ye heave heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

James 5:11

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings other one.....

When we get caught up in this battle and things happen that we really don't seem to have brought on ourselves, it shows us that we should think it a privilege to be used by God.                                                                                                                                                    posted by other one

I just wanted to say that I am so happy in reading your comment,I  cannot tell you how deeply I am grateful to God for having given me the privilege to be used by Him going through my cancer ordeal,,,,,other one,I believe He trusted me with the assignment & because of Him.....I pleased Him & I do give Him all the Glory      It is my privilege & my honor,not man people can understand that ....................

With love-in Christ,Kwik