*Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,416
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Now do you see that answer to your last question in the text?

Cain did murder Abel.  Seth was conceived after Abel was murdered to replace him as it was significant to point out his birth after Abel's murder.

Other pointed truths you may overlooked also.

Genesis 3:20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

The name of Eve is significant.  For Cain to have a wife is for him to marry one of his sister, because there were no other couples on the earth that started the population of the generations of man other than Adam & Eve.

That means there were other sons and daughters after the birth of Cain & Abel when citing how old Adam was when he had begatted Seth as they did obey the Lord to go forth and multiply.

That means the practise of marrying sisters set the precedent of marrying within the family line.  Even Abraham married his sister.

Genesis 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake. 12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

It wasn't until Israel became a nation that the restriction of marrying a sister or a close family member was given, but they were allow to marry within the family nation of Isreal but not outside of it.  Some did not listen and that is where the Samaritans came from, and why the Jews were prejudicial to them.

Anyway, Noah was the only one out of that line of Seth, branched out as it was, and after his direct line to Adam and those in it had died off, to find favour at the time that the godly descendnts from the line of Seth decided to marry outside their family line to escape the coming global flood.  There was a priest alive at the time as part of that lineage, but the meaning of his name ( starts with an M, can't recall it right now ) coincided with his death as meaning "It is sent" so that when he had died, the judgment came, leaving only Noah and his family to find favour of the Lord to escape judgment on the earth.

There is a difference between reading the Bible with your eyes and reading it with His eyes.  Reading it with His eyes requires you trusting Him as your Good Sheherd to see the meaning of His words.

Matthew 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Prayer is needed, Brother Connor, because I believe something that is a lie is keeping you from seeing the truth in His words.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hummmm,,,,   how to proceed with the discussion?????

It appears to me that you are reading much into the Bible and making your own mind up way beyond what the Word says and then use the Bible as a weapon if people don't agree with you.....

I've been here for some time now and have learned that people who do that are simply not worth talking with and keep ones sanity.

So i have to drop the subject now.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Other One I agree 100% with your view on the sons of God, what is it about this subject that blinds people so much. If they would read and except the teachings in the book of Enoch their eyes would be open. I believe the writers of the Bible knew the book of Enoch was out there, and used it as a teaching aid.

Other One I agree 100% with your view on the sons of God, what is it about this subject that blinds people so much. If they would read and except the teachings in the book of Enoch their eyes would be open. I believe the writers of the Bible knew the book of Enoch was out there, and used it as a teaching aid.

i do agree,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Now do you see that answer to your last question in the text?

Cain did murder Abel.  Seth was conceived after Abel was murdered to replace him as it was significant to point out his birth after Abel's murder.

Other pointed truths you may overlooked also.

Genesis 3:20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

The name of Eve is significant.  For Cain to have a wife is for him to marry one of his sister, because there were no other couples on the earth that started the population of the generations of man other than Adam & Eve.

That means there were other sons and daughters after the birth of Cain & Abel when citing how old Adam was when he had begatted Seth as they did obey the Lord to go forth and multiply.

That means the practise of marrying sisters set the precedent of marrying within the family line.  Even Abraham married his sister.

Genesis 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake. 12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

It wasn't until Israel became a nation that the restriction of marrying a sister or a close family member was given, but they were allow to marry within the family nation of Isreal but not outside of it.  Some did not listen and that is where the Samaritans came from, and why the Jews were prejudicial to them.

Anyway, Noah was the only one out of that line of Seth, branched out as it was, and after his direct line to Adam and those in it had died off, to find favour at the time that the godly descendnts from the line of Seth decided to marry outside their family line to escape the coming global flood.  There was a priest alive at the time as part of that lineage, but the meaning of his name ( starts with an M, can't recall it right now ) coincided with his death as meaning "It is sent" so that when he had died, the judgment came, leaving only Noah and his family to find favour of the Lord to escape judgment on the earth.

There is a difference between reading the Bible with your eyes and reading it with His eyes.  Reading it with His eyes requires you trusting Him as your Good Sheherd to see the meaning of His words.

Matthew 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Prayer is needed, Brother Connor, because I believe something that is a lie is keeping you from seeing the truth in His words.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hummmm,,,,   how to proceed with the discussion?????

It appears to me that you are reading much into the Bible and making your own mind up way beyond what the Word says and then use the Bible as a weapon if people don't agree with you.....

I've been here for some time now and have learned that people who do that are simply not worth talking with and keep ones sanity.

So i have to drop the subject now.

Sharing other insights that were not shared earlier to show why I believe the way I do is part of the discussion, but I also point out that Jesus said we are to lean on Him for the wisdom in understanding His words and so I am acknowledging that just because I see it, it doesn't mean Connor will either or you for that matter, without His help because I could only see that truth with His help.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Now you made a reply to Enoch2010 in agreeing about the use of the teachings from the Book of Enoch as a way to read the Bible with open eyes, but that agreement is opposing your position of reading much into the Bible.  You would not agree about using other truths in that scripture to read that truth in that scripture, but you would favour something not accepted with the scriptural Bible that we have to read those outside teachings of the Book of Enoch into the accepted scripture in the Bible.

The Book of Enoch and the teachings therein opposes the truths in the KJV and the truths in the scripture in the KJV reproves the Book of Enoch as not God's words but a fraud.  Those verses that match in the accepted Bible as flowing and understandable as it is are discordant and nonflowing when it comes to the other wordings in the Book of Enoch.

In the Book of Enoch, if I recall correctly, in chapter eight, there is special place of punishment for those things in creation that did not come forth when God spoke.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So pretty much, the Book of Enoch is calling God in Isaiah a liar.

Scripture cannot go against scripture which is why the so called "lost" books of the Bible are not in it to be considered as the word of God.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth....26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I am sharing this by His grace and by His help in the hopes that He is the One ministering to you and not me.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Edited by Hobbes

are you aware that many of the founding Church Fathers considered Enoch as God Inspired and they quoted from it...   Men like Turtellian spoke of it being canon...

It's not just taking something and adding it to the Word.....    and Enoch and Jasher answer a lot of questions that the Book of Genesis only gives a very quick summery of.    I don't see it being any conflict with the bible....     I understood that the Sons of God were angels long before I read Enoch.   I read Enoch to understand the details.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

I always thought the sons of God were those in the bloodline of Christ and those who accepted the teachings of the Jews. Don't know where my thoughts came from but have always believed this so it must have been taught to me some where....idk

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Zion and welcome to Worthy.

Be very clear only ONE Son Of God and that is the Lord Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior!  We become sons and daughters when we accept the Lord Jesus as our savior.  But only one true and living Son.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Why call them sons and not angels?  There must be a reason why...

Why call them sons and not angels?  There must be a reason why...

because like Adam, God directly made them.....     we are sons of God when we are saved.....   before that we were the sons of our own fathers......  like the genealogies record.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Content Count:  18,153
  • Content Per Day:  4.57
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sis

Though I am not in complete disagreement with oo & Enoch because over the years I have had a great interest in the Book of Enoch as well as the Book of Jasher,,,,,I too once considered the sons of God to be angels though I am not fully convinced of this,this is one of the reasons that those books were not canonized as this very topic has been a great controversy amongst many scholars....

I do not know why everyone seems to be jumping on Hobbes because if we consider only the Scriptures that are in the Bible then we have to wonder why there are pages & pages of descendants for us to follow lineage all the way back to Adm & Eve,,,,,& therefore to the division by Seth & Cain(who were humans).....you have to ask yourself-Can angels pro-create with humans?Hobbes gave a very good example where Jesus said the angels do not marry....Was he referring to the union ,sexually?Hobbes brings to our attention very valid interpretation,according to Scripture(& so do oo & Enoch)

I do believe a great deal is lost & poorly translated from the Greek as well as the Hebrew texts & therefore misunderstood.......English defines "sons " only one way and in Hebrew there were many different words used in the Scriptures that have been defined as "son",,,I tried to very bring attention to this earlier,very briefly only giving 2 examples.This is something where I think it be best for you to pray & receive personal  revelation from the Holy Spirit....I am not sure it has been revealed to me completely but my opinion over the years has greatly changed.....I do not think that angels contributed to a mutated race of people by having sexual intercourse whth humans,I am not convinced that this is possible ......perhaps that helps to answer you question why they are called "sons' instead of simply calling them "angels"                                                                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik