Pamelasv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I always understood this to mean to prepare our hearts for all the glory and joy of living in God's presence. When hubby was saved the change in him was overwhelming. I knew how to cope with an unglody hostile husband, but to suddenly have a warm loving husband was really hard to get used to. He was always underfoot. I actually asked God for the grace to appreciate my new hubby. Perhaps we also need to adjust our mindset to become more heavenly minded. On earth we learn to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousnes, and to set our treasures in heaven and minds on things above. That way when we get there will be comfortable with such a place of purity, worship and glorious praise.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Matthew 6:19-21

says,"19 `Treasure not up to yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust disfigure, and where thieves break through and steal,

20 but treasure up to yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth disfigure, and where thieves do not break through nor steal,

21 for where your treasure is, there will be also your heart."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I just heard on a radio sermon that we are on earth to prepare us for our eternal dwelling. Ive heard this mentioned before. Is their anything inscripture pointing to this?

I think it be better said, Our time in life has been given us for the purpose of (if we are yielded and seeking) being transformed into the image of Christ. We are changed from glory to glory and our path grows brighter so much as we see the day approaching.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I just heard on a radio sermon that we are on earth to prepare us for our eternal dwelling. Ive heard this mentioned before. Is their anything inscripture pointing to this?

B- basic

I-  instructions

B- before

L- living

E- eternally

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

hi all

I have always found that the scriptures offer to all that hear the gospel and apply it to their lives will be saved (saved meaning will receive their life back for a everlasting one ) even scriptures says that their are two calls but same results ;receiving life ,

some on earth and some in heaven , this is decided by God and his son , not by any other ,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

No! We are here on earth the worship and to glorify God and to do for Him as He instructs us. Anyone who has excepted Christ as their Lord and Savior has already done all that they can do to prepare for heaven. The rest is on Gods shoulders.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If it were all about heaven then why did Satan think he could win by killing Jesus?

It is the Kingdom of Heaven upon the earth. The earth was created to be inhabited and inhabited it will be. Eternity simply that which does not change.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi gdemoss,

I hear your thinking concerning Satan thinking he could win by killing Jesus. But remember that Satan only knew what was promised to Israel - their rule over the nations of the earth. We remember that Satan tried to tempt Jesus to be ruler of those kingdoms of the earth by submitting to him.

Satan never knew of God`s plan to have another `called out` group, the Body of Christ with Christ`s actual life within them, who are destined to be rulers on thrones where Satan himself used to rule. (the 3rd heaven)

Different areas of God`s great kingdom & different groups promised that they would rule there.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Pamelasv,

I think 1 Corinthians chapter 3 is a good help with your question concerning what we are to do now & how it effects our eternal life.

Our `....foundation....is Jesus Christ... Now if any man builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man`s work will become evident; for it is to be revealed with fire; & the fire itself will test the quality of each man`s work....`  (1 Cor. 3: 11 - 13)

I believe that what we do by the power & guidance of the Holy Spirit will come through the fire (of God`s presence) while what we do from selfish motives will be burnt up as it were. There is much `good work` people can do but is it what God specifically wants you (or me) to do. We each have to listen & obey Christ by His Holy Spirit & not just do what some one else does or tells us to do, or what an organisation may pressure you into doing. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Hi gdemoss,

I hear your thinking concerning Satan thinking he could win by killing Jesus. But remember that Satan only knew what was promised to Israel - their rule over the nations of the earth. We remember that Satan tried to tempt Jesus to be ruler of those kingdoms of the earth by submitting to him.

Satan never knew of God`s plan to have another `called out` group, the Body of Christ with Christ`s actual life within them, who are destined to be rulers on thrones where Satan himself used to rule. (the 3rd heaven)

Different areas of God`s great kingdom & different groups promised that they would rule there.

You're right, Satan did not know what Jesus' purpose here on Earth was. He knew that he was meant to be some sort of Messiah and that he was meant to die, but he probably did not know that Jesus was meant to rise again and become the sacrifice to end all sacrifices.

Satan has been smarting and licking his wounds ever since. All he can do now is lie about who Jesus really was, and hope to destroy the message of salvation. He also tries to kill Jews because they are here to fulfill prophecy. If he wipes out the bloodline of the Jews he has won, but of course this is not going to happen