• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I brought this topic up when I first joined WCF. I said God cares very much what we do, how we live, and whether we sin or not. Everyone jumped down my throat. So much so, that I've been looking into Catholicism simply because they know our sins will matter to God. But they have a lot of other issues I can't resolve.

So I'm happy to see most of you now see our sins matter. God will turn a blind eye to a baby Christian, just like we don't expect small children to behave like a teenager, or even a young adult.

But God expects us to eliminate sins as we grow in Him. I'm not sure how God will deal with a person who was a Christian 30 or more years, who now died, and lived in sin until his dying day. I mean if you were committing adultery, fornication, or you were a criminal, killing, stealing, or you never cleaned up your speech, so you still use God's name in vain constantly, etc. This is living in sin. Such a person will receive different treatment than the Christian who stopped all that, but still has occasional small sins. I don't know what God will do, I just know He will treat these 2 kinds of folks differently, and there are more than enough Bible verses to support this. I was happy to see most of you are realizing what I said. Maybe I can come back here.

I want to say 1 more thing. In the book of James, Works means way more then just love. That's step 1. Works means doing what God wants. If you have 2 coats and someone else has none, give her one. If you own a car and your sister does not, and she needs a ride, give her a ride. Don't ask for money neither, because if you do, you have been paid. Don't expect God to reward you. To love others means to help them when and if you can.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I brought this topic up when I first joined WCF. I said God cares very much what we do, how we live, and whether we sin or not. Everyone jumped down my throat. So much so, that I've been looking into Catholicism simply because they know our sins will matter to God. But they have a lot of other issues I can't resolve.

Are you sure that was not on another board?  I have been here a little while now and I have never ever read such as you describe.  I don't know any longstanding member

here that believes what you wrote.

God does not turn a blind eye to baby Christians either.  Mature Christians are supposed to help those who are young in the Lord.

I am somewhat confused as to some of the conclusions you seem to come to regarding other members here.  

I've been looking into Catholicism simply because they know our sins will matter to God. But they have a lot of other issues I can't resolve.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No one comes to the Father except by Him...no religion, no doctrine no teacher no nothing.

Just Jesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

When a person becomes "born again" he receives a new heart (spirit). That new Spirit is Christ, the exact same Spirit that was in Jesus has now become their new life.

Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

When a Christian sins it is not they themselves who are sinning, but the sin that is in their flesh.

Rom 7:15  For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 
Rom 7:16  Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 
Rom 7:17  So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 

Our new heart which is Christ, and Christ can never sin, never fail, or ever die.

1Jn 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Christians sin when they let their flesh take control and not let Christ which is their life have his way.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Does God overlook/ turn a blind eye to sin in the life of the believer?

God knows the number of hairs on your head, the number of grains of sand on earth. He see's every sparrow that falls.

He overlooks nothing, has no "blind eye".

So the answer is no. (as much as we sometimes wish it was yes)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

Great point. I have a view, i posted this in response to a movment in Christianity today that some call "hypergrace" that God turn's a blind eye on the sin of a Christian.

hi

i am and all of us , far from Moses leadership and faith and yet he was punished for the only error he made under very stressed condition , so be careful of what you are saying or thinking ,

Hi saved_ricky,

I never heard of hypergrace, but I don't get out much these days. It doesn't really shock me because many so-called Christians have been living in sins so many years that now someone created a doctrine to make it seem ok. Of course it's not ok.

I accept a lot of the blame for what has happened on my generation. I'm not saying America was a very Holy country in the 1950's & 60's. But things were different and now we know they were better. Most stores were closed on Sunday, and in some small towns they were probably all closed. Some people lived together without marriage, but they were frowned upon. And when abortion was illegal and before the pill was perfected, fornication wasn't as popular as young people have been told it was. Marriage meant something back then. 

And before that awful movie came out, "The Exorcist", there weren't many movies about the devil or hell. Nowadays the movies portray hell as a good place and the devil is a nice guy.

I often think we're close to the end of the age of mankind. But we probably aren't.

So I ask God to give the young people the strength to turn society around.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Rom7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Heb 10:26-27

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

It seems these two verses are speaking of the same thing.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Perspective. It means alot.

I spent time with a bunch of self proclaimed Christians who met twice a week in a building to do what they believed wqs worshipping God. I watched as these died of cancer and were regularly sick with diverse diseases. The Wednesday prayer meeting was wroght with prayer for their sick and dying.

I left to venture out to sit with the whores, sexual deviants, drug addicts, theives, liars, cheats and cons. There too I found death and disease.

Does God turn a blind eye to sin?

Did God turn a blind eye to Ananias and Saphira's sin? Some mens sins go before and some follow after.

This is a tough topic and very full of meat with pitfalls.

The answer as I understand it today is that God always does the greatest good. If that means allowing sin to go unpunished for a time then so be it. If it means quick judgement for sin then so be it.

Even Satan seemingly gets away with his sin for a time.

Did Paul get away with being a blasphemer and persecuter of the church? I dare say no. I have seen the record of his sufferings for the gospel.

Everyday I pay a price. God scourges every son he receives but it is worth it.

I am going back to rub elbows with the drunks and whores...there is a gospel to preach and teach.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Does God overlook/ turn a blind eye to sin in the life of the believer?

I dont think so.

I read up on hypergrace. It sounds good, but it's wrong. The Bible is full of us having to obey God's commands.