IGNORED

Does the man of sin meet the requirements to be Islamic?

Serving

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

My dear brothers and sisters, how will knowing who the man of sin is benefit you?

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 
Mat 24:5  For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 

Mat 24:15  "Therefore when you see the 'ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place"  (whoever reads, let him understand), 

Dan 9:26  "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. 
Dan 9:27  Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate." 

2Th 2:1  Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 

2Th 2:3  Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 
2Th 2:4  who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 

Rev 13:4  So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" 
Rev 13:5  And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 
Rev 13:6  Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 
Rev 13:7  It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. 

Yes, we are not to be deceived into believing someone else is Jesus, but I guess that doesn't really address my question.  This tells who is not Jesus, and there have been many false christs since Jesus walked this earth.

Knowing who is not Jesus benefits us, undeniably.

But how does knowing who the man of sin is actually benefit us?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

My dear brothers and sisters, how will knowing who the man of sin is benefit you?

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 
Mat 24:5  For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 

Mat 24:15  "Therefore when you see the 'ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place"  (whoever reads, let him understand), 

Dan 9:26  "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. 
Dan 9:27  Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate." 

2Th 2:1  Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 

2Th 2:3  Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 
2Th 2:4  who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 

Rev 13:4  So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" 
Rev 13:5  And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 
Rev 13:6  Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 
Rev 13:7  It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. 

Yes, we are not to be deceived into believing someone else is Jesus, but I guess that doesn't really address my question.  This tells who is not Jesus, and there have been many false christs since Jesus walked this earth.

You just said it yourself, knowing who is not Jesus benefits us, undeniably. This person will be the final false Christ and he will come with:

2Th 2:9  The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders
2Th 2:10  and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved

Also, as was noted in the earlier scriptures. Christ said to watch for a number of things in Matthew 24 and other chapters, the abomination of desolation being one of them, which will be set up and perpetrated by the man of sin. 

You just said it yourself, knowing who is not Jesus benefits us, undeniably. This person will be the final false Christ and he will come with:

2Th 2:9  The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders
2Th 2:10  and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved

Also, as was noted in the earlier scriptures. Christ said to watch for a number of things in Matthew 24 and other chapters, the abomination of desolation being one of them, which will be set up and perpetrated by the man of sin. 

The passage in Matthew 24 is very interesting.   

But first, we are to be aware of the coming lawless one, yes, or we would not have been taught about his coming.    But all this misses the point of my question.    Knowing that such a one is coming is not the same thing as knowing who he is.  So let me rephrase my question:

How would knowing who he is change or affect your christian walk?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

thereselittleflower :

The passage in Matthew 24 is very interesting.   

But first, we are to be aware of the coming lawless one, yes, or we would not have been taught about his coming.    But all this misses the point of my question.    Knowing that such a one is coming is not the same thing as knowing who he is.  So let me rephrase my question:

How would knowing who he is change or affect your christian walk?

By not getting deceived by him is how.

When the man of sin appears on the political stage, we Christians will have time to sound the alarm so as to warn all those whom we can reach that this is that man we were warning them about .. timing is critical.

If one's eyes are looking to Islam for that wicked one to come, then they will lose that window of opportunity to sound that alarm which will not only be a failure on the watchman's behalf, but also on those he is meant to warn.

You see, the wicked one to come doesn't arise breathing fire against Christians initially, no, instead, he begins with his marvellous words to try and sway the Christians to his side .. only after his marvellous words which are designed to wear out the saints run their course does he then begin the persecutions by enforcing the mark of the beast.

Hence, and again, if one is focussing on Islam, then that one risks being deceived by the marvellous words which will indeed be so marvellous that if it were possible, even the very elect could be deceived .. if it were possible .. again, if one is looking to Islam for the signs, it is very probable that wicked one will come in "under the radar" as it were & that they will be at greater risk of being deceived by those words .. for as God warned, again, those words will be so powerful that they are almost powerful enough to deceive the very elect !!

Reason enough to heed Christ's words to "watch" .. we are meant to know our enemy(ies), not to be ignorant of them / him .. watching is equivalent to preparing

So how does it affect our walk? .. it affects our walk by arming us with knowledge which is used to prepare not only ourselves, but those most vulnerable who will need our counsel like never before when that time approaches and arrives .. to look elsewhere will be a serious mistake & leave many at risk who need to be warned without delay when the wicked one comes .. warned before his marvellous words stops their ears from hearing the trumpet alarm. 

Cheers.

Spot on brother.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

When the man of sin appears on the political stage, we Christians will have time to sound the alarm so as to warn all those whom we can reach that this is that man we were warning them about .. timing is critical.

You see, the wicked one to come doesn't arise breathing fire against Christians initially, no, instead, he begins with his marvellous words to try and sway the Christians to his side .. only after his marvellous words which are designed to wear out the saints run their course does he then begin the persecutions by enforcing the mark of the beast.

Another facet to his deception:

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast  Revelation 13:14

Those days will be anything but normal.

Another facet to his deception:

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast  Revelation 13:14

Those days will be anything but normal.

Agreed .. anything but normal indeed.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Because I disagree with so many of the presumptions being stated in this string about the Son of Perdition, here is a re-post of my understanding about the times and events of the Son of Perdition:

The Son of Perdition is a Patsy

In 1963, when Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested, he asked the police what he was being charged with. They told him the murder of President Kennedy. He then said, “So I’m the patsy.” A few days later, he was dead and despised.

Whether or not one believes Oswald shot Kennedy, what he said was true: Kennedy was dead, and Kennedy’s enemies had a patsy to take the blame.

Judas was also patsy. After being used by Satan and apostate Jews to effect the death of Jesus, he was then disdained by them like the dumb fool he was, and became dead and despised not long afterward.

The Son of Perdition, a.k.a. the King of the North, will similarly be used. He will invade the Middle East, seemingly from the north through Syria, then occupy Israel and subdue Islamic North Africa. Dan. 11:40-43

After this god-man, bringing his forces by “ships of Chittim” from Western Europe (Num. 24:23-24), has been used to inflame the rest of the world – Islamic and Jewish Middle East, plus,“from east and from north,” Iran (and/or China) and Russia (Syria’s ally), Dan. 11:44 – “he shall plant the tents of his pavilion between the seas at the glorious holy mountain [= the Abomination of Desolation], but shall come to his end, and no one shall help him.” Dan. 11:45 Like Judas, this patsy will soon end up dead and despised, because his usefulness to Satan and his cronies will be over. Their sole plan for him is to cause world-ending chaos, to be followed by the New World Order (the Beast Kingdom), in which the Son of Perdition shall have no part.

Jesus, in his instant of appearance in the clouds, to be “seen by every eye,” Rev. 1:17; 6:16 [6th Seal], will gather his Elect to himself [Matt. 24:31], while shepherding the earthly Remnant of Jacob into the “place prepared of [Greek apo: lit. away from] God, that they should feed her there 1260 days.”  Rev. 12:6 The Remnant will “have the testimony of Jesus.” Rev. 12:17 But not having fully prepared themselves for his coming, they won't be able to ascend to him. Among the Remnant will be the sealed and sanctified 144,000, who will shepherd them during the 1260 days.

As for the Son of Perdition, “…the Lord shall consume [him] with the spirit of his mouth, and shall bring [him] to naught with the brightness of his coming.” 2 Thes. 2:8

The door into the heavens will then be quickly closed, along with every Spirit-opened eye, leaving forlorn virgins pleading to be allowed in. (“I do not see/perceive [Greek: oida] you,” Jesus tells them.) Matt. 25:11-12 Sometime thereafter, “the Beast that ascends out of the Abyss” (Rev. 11:7), having been released at the 5th angelic Trumpet (Rev. 9:1-2, 11-12), will proceed to fulfill the “strong delusion” ordained by God. 2 Thes. 2:11 The little horn/Mouth of the Beast will utter his blasphemies, and persecute the earthly saints for 1260 days. Dan. 7:8, 25; Rev. 13:5-7

By this time the Son of Perdition, the patsy used by Western apostate Christianity to fully betray its once great heritage; this god-man who commits the Abomination of Desolation, which brings to pass the chaos of the Great Tribulation –

he will have become no more than a hiss and a byword of history. Just like Judas, the other son of perdition, who was used by apostate Judaism to fully betray their once great heritage. John 17:12

Instead of being the great operator and insider he’d been duped into believing himself to be, the Son of Perdition turns out to be just another dumb-fool patsy. Like Judas. Like Oswald.

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.........

there is one that has deceived most of britain and the usa and europe and malayasia etc etc etc....

reckoned about 10 or so years ago, matching 15 or 16 (so far at that time) out of 26+/- of the scriptures description (matching more than anyone else, and nothing disqualifying),

and little grey haired ladies , and young men, and old men LAUGHED when who it is was mentioned... (they are so completely deceived and honor him already, years before he is 'revealed' to the world) ...

i've long since lost the link and references,  but the characteristics/ description have not changed,  nor as far as i know has anything disqualifying been presented anywhere. ....... 

it doesn't seem appropriate yet to do more than say, he is in the royal lineage that scripture indicates, and other lineage, and over 15 other descriptors in scripture plainly point to that one.  ......

happy searching....

"why is it important to know who it is?"  ... maybe it is not, as long as the one who does not know who it is, does not bow down to or in any way honor it..... (like in rcc groups) ....

As believers we know when Christ returns He will come as He ascended, in the clouds and every eye shall see Him.  Knowing this, anyone else who claims to be the Messiah, would be immediately recognized as an imposter.

It seems to me that if the issue is to avoid being deceived by the anti christ, then more important than knowing who he is, is knowing no one has arrived on the scene in the manner Christ will at His Second Coming.  

It also seems to me the key to avoiding any such deception is to be focused on who Christ is, not who the anti christ might be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Thanks for the consensus, please also be open to the possibility that he is the king of the north and does not "war against the king of the north" as you say. Please read the appropriate verse in this regard, with the possibility the "king of the north" is still the main subject, as per the earlier king of the north in verses 21-35:

39 He (the antichrist) will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He (the antichrist)  will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.[d]

40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North (the antichrist?) will storm out against him (the king of the south?)  with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He (the antichrist) will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. 41 He (the antichrist) will also invade the Beautiful Land.

So you don't see three players in verse 40? The 'him' is introduced in verse 39. This the the 'him' that the King of the North and the King of the South war against in verse 40. It's not possible for the king of the north to be the antichrist from these verses. You are suggesting that the 'him' in verse 39 is the King of the North. That means the King of the South is engaged in battle with the King of the North in the beginning of verse 40. You suggest that the king of the north will storm out against the king of the south. But they are already engaged in battle aren't they?

And there's this: at the start of v 40 the K of the S is engaged in battle with 'him'. Then, in addition to the battle already joined, the K of the N storms out. That's what the word 'and' denotes, 'in addition', 'also'. 

Clearly the K of the S and the K of the N are not fighting each other, they are ganging up on 'him'.

I used to see 3 players as you do. But now I see two players. I believe both views are possible regarding the wording but also believe their should be continuity with those verses up until v35 (battles between the king of the north and king of the south).

36 “The king (KOFN) will do as he pleases. He (KOTN)  will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He (KOTN) will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. 37 He (KOTN) will show no regard for the gods of his ancestors or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all. 38 Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his ancestors he will honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39 He (KOTN) will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.[d]

40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him (KOTN)  in battle, and the king of the North (KOTN) will storm out against him  (KOTS) with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He (KOTN) will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. 41 He (KOTN) will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his (KOTN) hand.42 He (KOTN)  will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape. 43 He (KOTN) will gain control of the treasures of gold and silver and all the riches of Egypt, with the Libyans and Cushites[e] in submission. 44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him (KOTN) , and he (KOTN) will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many. 45 He (KOTN) will pitch his royal tents between the seas at[f] the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he (KOTN) will come to his end, and no one will help him.