IGNORED

what is the hardest thing you had to forgive?

ayin jade

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1955

Myself.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Ohhh johnnn.. Hmmm..if that ever happened to me, i would have murdered him. Really. Forget bout forgiving.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Concerning forgiving oneself. One day God asked me who I thought I was that I considered my judgements superior to His!!!! He had declaired me forgiven. My sins were as far as the east is from the west. So who am I to continue to condemn myself as though I were a higher court?

This shut me up. No more self condemnation. Then He showed me that in my case the self condemnation had its root in self righteousness! I expected myself to be better. I considered myself to be a basicly good person. So God showed me that only God is good, and that my heart is desperately wicked. I am a sinner saved by God's grace--unmerited favor.

Some of the hardest to forgive have been those involving deceit and rejection of friends and relatives. The people closest to me hurt the worst. But then I remember our Lord, and that He went through the same things. He was rejected and betrayed by His closest friends. So I identified with His suffering and it made me feel closer to Him. We share the same type of scars of grief, hurt and loss. He understands mine, but I also understand His. He loves and forgives. His life in me does the same.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The hardest thing I find to frgive. Is drunk drivers. I have lost a good famil friend and his family to a drunk driver. But thru the grace ofGod I can do this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The hardest thing I find to frgive. Is drunk drivers. I have lost a good famil friend and his family to a drunk driver. But thru the grace ofGod I can do this.

some of us here hate spiders....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Some things are harder to forgive than others.The amount of hurt or abuse involved.If a person does not apologize it is much more difficult to forgive.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

All throughout the bible there is an ongoing story about the most difficult thing for God to forgive which seems to me to be infidelity. He was worthy of being God yet his people always turned to others. In his fierce wrath he nearly consumed them and at one point wrote a bill of divorce. When someones actions judge you unworthy of your place as husband or wife it is pretty unbearable.

Jesus came into his own and his own would not receive him. He asked the father to forgive them.

When preparing my confession I was encouraged to make a list of people I held resentments against followed by what they had done and how it affected me. God was at the top of my list. For my Creator is absolutely responsible for everything that has ever happened to me in my life. God is Almighty. He allowed it all. He did not prevent any of the evil that happened to me.

Of course one would defend God by reason of God being righteous perfect and holy blah blah blah but the truth is that I was given the ability to judge God as a sinner and crucify him unto myself once. Forgiving God for my perception of his 'sin' against me was more difficult than anything else I have faced in life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Do you struggle with forgiving someone something?

Personally no I don't.....           and it's probably because I have needed to be forgiven for a short time in my life of things I don't even want to think about....   short term stupidity and knowing you have been forgiven by both God and others for many things during that year or so makes it very hard not to forgive when people really do ask for forgiveness.

If my wife was unfaithful it would be impossible to forgive unless God himself did something......   and being a reason for divorce, that's one thing that I'm not sure he asks us to forgive...

I don't think forgiving means having to remain married. We are commanded to forgive others aren't we?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

A woman, whose name escapes me now, suffered through a Nazi concentration camp as a child, lost most of her family including her brother who she was closest to... spoke of later life when her husband announced he was leaving her for another woman. She said her husband hurt her more than the other losses she survived.

I find this interesting but strange. Obviously she has a right to her reactions that way, but I am absolutely certain the loss of a child (for instance, God forbid) would be orders of magnitude more painful than the infidelity of a spouse for me.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

A woman, whose name escapes me now, suffered through a Nazi concentration camp as a child, lost most of her family including her brother who she was closest to... spoke of later life when her husband announced he was leaving her for another woman. She said her husband hurt her more than the other losses she survived.

I find this interesting but strange. Obviously she has a right to her reactions that way, but I am absolutely certain the loss of a child (for instance, God forbid) would be orders of magnitude more painful than the infidelity of a spouse for me.

We all hurt in different ways.