IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Whats the difference in the rapture and second coming ? the first question , the answer its the same event in the BIBLE !  Be ready for it will come quickly ( REV 22 v 7) ! NO DOUBTS about it!  The truth shall set you free !  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

The pretib rapture of the church doctrine is nothing less than false doctrine introduced in the professing church during 1830 s and is not the Christian doctrine of earlier times . People that have accepted this doctrine are not students of correct Bible study . And I have no doubt that in time it will prove out that there is no pretrib rapture of the church , just wait and see , but prepare for what's coming just the same , Jesus said I come quickly , BE ready ! God Bless !

~

Beloved As I See It

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. Matthew 22:31-32

The Doctrine Of The Pre-Trubulation Rapture

Is The Same As The Doctrine Of The Post Tribulation Rapture

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:26-29

The Doctrine Of The Resurrection

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

And The Only Real Difference I Can See Is - The When

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:1-6

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

The pretib rapture of the church doctrine is nothing less than false doctrine introduced in the professing church during 1830 s and is not the Christian doctrine of earlier times.

It does not matter what the professing Church holds to, since a large part of the professing Church has mixed Tradition with Scripture.

Does the New Testament reveal the Rapture/Resurrection of the saints?  Absolutely. [The precise term is harpagesometha = "caught up together "]

Does the New Testament reveal that Christians are not subject to God's wrath?

Absolutely.

So how can this be "a false doctrine"? 

Whats the difference in the rapture and second coming ? the first question , the answer its the same event in the BIBLE !  Be ready for it will come quickly ( REV 22 v 7) ! NO DOUBTS about it!  The truth shall set you free !  

How can universal mourning for the world be the same event as perfect joy for the saints only?  And how can Christ be ascending up with the saints while descending down with the saints simultaneously?

The truth must set us free, but free from delusions also.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,174
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

The important differences between the rapture and second coming are as follows:

1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9;Revelation 3:10).

3) The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17,5:9). The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

4) The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7;Matthew 24:29-30).

5) The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4;Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18). The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13;1 Thessalonians 4:13-18;1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the rapture and the second coming distinct?

1) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9;Revelation 3:10).

2) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent—there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

3) In describing the tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6–19 nowhere mentions the church. During the tribulation—also called “the time of trouble for Jacob” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The rapture and second coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences. In summary, the rapture is the return of Christ in the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/difference-Rapture-Second-Coming.html#ixzz3dO12U6TL

This is very well explained .

This is how it was also taught to me at the pentecostal church I attended in my late teens, early twenties.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

It has traditionally been taught that the Church makes up the “armies of Heaven” in Rev. 19:14, but I don’t think either the original language or the Church’s role in the Kingdom Age supports that idea.  I think the popularity of this notion is primarily due to the fact that we like to think of ourselves as taking up arms and fighting evil at the side of the Lord. The Greek word translated “armies” refers to soldiers and guardsmen, and the fact that these are armies “of” heaven implies that heaven is their origin.  The ones who most accurately fit the description belong to the great body of warrior angels, such as those who were standing by to defend the Lord on the night of His arrest (Matt. 26:53).

Angels are also described as being dressed in brilliant white in John 20:12 and Acts 1:10.  And in Rev. 19:8 the brightness of the Bride’s garment comes from the Greek word “lampros” which means “shining, or magnificent”, but in Rev. 19:14 the whiteness of the clothing worn by the armies of Heaven is a different Greek word, “leukos”, which means a brilliant white.  You would think that if the same clothing was being referenced John would have used the same word. And as I asked in my earlier answer, what king takes his new bride into battle with him? The Bride is seen in Heaven in Rev. 19:8 and then coming down out of Heaven in Rev. 21:9-10 after the battle is over.

Just came across this and thought I'd add it for consideration:

These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.  Revelation 17:14

These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful. Revelation 17:14

Which confirms the truth that those who accompany Christ on white horses in Rev 19: 14 are the saints -- the called, the chosen, and the faithful.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful. Revelation 17:14

Which confirms the truth that those who accompany Christ on white horses in Rev 19: 14 are the saints -- the called, the chosen, and the faithful.

I would say this .. the group INITIALLY accompanying Christ & His angels in rev 19 are not the main body of Christians, which main group of believers are actually the outer court of the temple who get trampled in the tribulation .. and no, this is not an insult, but the plain truth because today, in the world, there are only 144 000 individuals who have the whole unpolluted truth of Christ's doctrine .. this group only is granted to wear white robes & is worthy to be called to the "feast" because they overcame during their walk unlike the others who could never truly take both feet out of Babylon the great .. the others (main group) must cleanse their robes through the fire of tribulation which is not the wrath to come, this is not personal opinion, otherwise we wouldn't have the 144k loyal ones (doctrinally speaking) now would we.

The main body (outer court) gets taken up only after Christ has entered our atmosphere .. again, only the firstfruits INITIALLY come with Christ & His angels from heaven .. then the rest are caught up to meet Him in the clouds after He enters our atmosphere with His angels & the 144k .. caught up only ATER the armies are destroyed but before the great earthquake of Isaiah & destruction of Babylon the Great as a whole .. and when do the 144k get taken up? Well .. somewhere between the 4th trump / vial & the 6th trump / vial .. it is not 100% clear .. yet.

I think it highly presumptuous & forgive me so, but even arrogant to even consider oneself worthy for some so called pre trib rapture when not even the most loyal of all believers, the 144k are even "raptured" until much later on into the trumps / vials !!

This doctrine, in my opinion, really needs to disappear for the truly dangerous doctrine it is .. so people can focus on spiritually preparing to resist the mark & face the consequences (from the world) for being loyal to Christ instead of expecting some "rapture" event to whisk us away from our deserved purging by fire that Christ Himself spoke of .. which will only cause them to curse God when they realize no rapture is coming after all .. it is a faith killer & I fear for those teaching this doctrine, God would not be happy, this doctrine will undermine His people's resilience when the great test comes, it will even destroy the faith of millions when in their confusion, they are faced with death & great & unprepared fear all because they were taught, "don't worry, God would never let that happen to "us" .. "no need to prepare, God loves you & will whisk you away first" etc .. this is along the lines of the very same mistake Israel made in presuming their personal holiness being far superior compared to other men .. and we know what God thought about that error !!

It is the same concept .. I am saddened because I know it will not stop being taught, but it needs to stop .. it really does.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I was taught the pretrib rapture when young in the Bible by church groups ,  But my Bible studies blew holes and many questions in that theory . 

Jesus said multiple times that He would raise up believers on the LAST day , not 7 yrs before the last day or 3.5 yrs before the last day . He also said He is with us until the End.

It was Jesus words that blew big holes in it that never where patched up since. 

I can come up with many more reasons in scriptures since then , but it began with Jesus words , read John 

In the entire span of things from Genesis to Revelation there are many "last days". There is the last day of the Old Covenant, and the last day of the Church Age, the last day of the Tribulation age, and the last day of the Millennial age, and the last day where final judgment will occur.

I think it highly presumptuous & forgive me so, but even arrogant to even consider oneself worthy for some so called pre trib rapture when not even the most loyal of all believers, the 144k are even "raptured" until much later on into the trumps / vials !!

The Christian has no worthiness in himself or herself.  Our worthiness is Christ Himself, since He is our righteousness, and we have been made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Cor 5:21). 

The Rapture/Resurrection is not about a reward for worthiness or a prize to be earned, but it is the completion of God's plan of redemption -- that those who are saved will be resurrected (if dead), perfected, and glorified, in order to be with Christ eternally (1 Jn 3:1-3).