Sign in to follow this  
Phoneix123

Anger Management

How to control the anger when   you come to  know that the  person whom you trusted the most  have betrayed you ?  It's not just the one , so many .. Also how to overcome paranoidism  after these bitter experiences ? 

You just described two details of a saved Christian. They have anger issues after they just got saved. Why? Because everyone is turning on them. This bring paranoia which is common. If your truly saved and your reading the KJV and praying daily. The Holy Ghost will bear fruit one of the traits is long-suffering. This means slow to anger but remember being angry is not sin as long as it's controlled. Be ye angry but Sin not. You should expect betrayal. Children of the light don't get along with children of the night. The spirit and flesh are contrary to each other. Keep seeking God and peace will eventually rule in your heart. You now stand for absolute truth. Jesus! But your living in a world of lies ruled by the Father of it so expect isolation, anger and betrayal. That's why the Holy Ghost is the Comforter he will guide you through it if you let him. All of what I just said means nothing if you're not Truly saved  so make absolutely sure you are! 

Edited by manuelf324

7 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

If your truly saved and your reading the KJV and praying daily.

I do not feel that I should let that sentence pass, uncommented. The KJV does not have a monopoly on Biblical truth, plenty of believers get along just fine, learning theology and how to live a live, pleasing to God, and learning how to serve others using other Bible version. Bible version focus, is more of an in house debate, and does not belong in the seekers lounge. 

A better thing to have said would have been "if you're truly saved and you're reading the Bible and praying daily - I recommend the KJV"

On 1/7/2016 at 10:02 PM, Phoneix123 said:

How to control the anger when   you come to  know that the  person whom you trusted the most  have betrayed you ?  It's not just the one , so many .. Also how to overcome paranoidism  after these bitter experiences ? 

It is easy to become angry and to feel justified.   

But then I think of Jesus hanging from the cross, and I think of his passion and death and how what happened to him was far worse than anything that has happened to me, and yet he accepted it meekly, and never once even entertained the thought of anger.  And I think how do I have a right to be angry over something so small in comparison?    It helps me to deal with what happened to me and put it in perspective.

Christians are commanded to forgive.  The verse after the Lord's prayer says if we don't forgive others, neither will our Father in heaven forgive us our tresspases.  We cannot do this without the life of Christ in us praying on the cross, Father forgive them, they know not what they do!   Jesus in us is still forgiving and we need to allow Him in us to express that forgiveness.  Otherwise the torment of hatred will destroy us.  It is the matter of the will.  We choose to forgive.  That does not mean you need to take her back as your wife.  It does mean you can live at peace with yourself and with her, knowing what she is.  But God took Israel back time after time when she committed spiritual adultry with other gods (Hosea) until she rejected His Son.  Still there will be a time of reconcilliation in the last days when all Israel will be saved.  

Ask yourself if you have treated her the way Christ treats the church and lay down His life for her.  

Your wifes conduct shows she is not a believer.  If we love Him we will keep His commandments.  She should be allowed to divorse if it is her choice not to live with you.

If you are not a Christian you will be powerless to forgive.

On 07/01/2016 at 11:02 PM, Phoneix123 said:

Betrayal by others is a fact of life. To find a genuine friend or confidante is a rarity. One need not get paranoid about this.  At the same time, one should reserve complete trust in others until one is sure about their character.  Even then, some things are not to be shared with others. The way to deal with betrayal is to decide that the evil deeds of others will not control our attitudes and beliefs.  Anger hurts you more than anyone else.  And there are always literal punching bags (in gyms) to take out your frustrations.

Sadly dear , those things are a part of life , not a nice part , but almost every one experiences them .

The wonderful , glorious thing is that as Christians we have a constant companion , Jesus who loves us unconditionally. 

As we get older , we move , we grow , we change and so does everyone around us . 

Trust Jesus , follow his word ( bible ) people are not perfect , our Lord is . Forgive those who have hurt you , give the whole thing to the Lord , and walk on with Jesus 

God bless you 

On 1/7/2016 at 0:02 AM, Phoneix123 said:

We are not told anywhere to trust people, we are told to trust the Lord with our lives, our souls, our futures. There is a scripture that says "we love because He first loved us first". If we see the truth, the Lord loved us even though we abandoned him, rejected him, betrayed him, or at least we sinned against him in selfishness. My answer is formed around awareness of the state of the flesh.

1. Humble ourselfs and know we do pretty much to others the things they do that hurt us so bad.

2. We have a helper. Romans 5:5 is something we all need to be supllied with to walk in peace and hope with the Lord.

3. What ever people do to you or say about you say's nothing about who you are, where life will take you or what you will become. It only tells you where "they" are on the path of life. As ambassodors for the gosple hurts give us dicernment on what to pray for them and ourselves. The huge majority of people do not have Christ fully formed in them, so if you are around people, you will see fruit of the flesh and there is really very little fruit of the Spirit in worldly people. So we keep praying for fruit in our brothers and sisters lives and we keep praying for their fight to put the flesh to death and walk by the Spirit.

4..  We all are gonna fall but the more we practice the more fruit we bare. We have to remember everything good in man origanates from God, so If a man does you good, God did good to you through that man. If a person does evil against you, well thats just the nature of people and we are all people in need of Christ in us.

Betrayal can be worse than death. You have every right to be angry. The Bible says "be angry and sin not" Ephesians 4:26. Use anger constructively, become on fire with zeal, work with renewed determination for the truth.

Prayer for them is the most effectual thing. The Lord will listen to you, and some of the results you will see to your reward, but other good results will be seen when you enter heaven.

On ‎7‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, Phoneix123 said:

I know you're hurting and it doesn't seem that the hurt will go away, but it all comes down to you. You don't have to hold on to world and how people make you feel, but only you can choose when you let go.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mary8
      He comes in wrath, His garments dipped in blood Isa. 62, 63; Rev. 19
      Isaiah Chapter 62:11-12 and 63:1-6
      11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
      12 And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.
      1 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. 2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?  3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.  4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.  5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.  6 And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
      Revelation 19:7-16
      7 For the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.... 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints....

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
      18 Jul 2019
    • By melodyfire
      O Lord, my Lord, my faithful and wonderful counselor. My faith for what I am asking for right now is a faith of which I have always longed. When I was young in the Lord, I used worked up faith, but now I just know.  Thank you for stretching my faith. 
      I come to you and ask that you look upon my son Christopher and bless him. He needs you! Heal his wounded heart and convince him of his true worth and value which is only in you. Chris is a treasure and a parents' dream. He works; pays his bills on time; saves his money; cares for others and helps others, and he is so loving, smart, intelligent and handsome. 
      Lord, I see a clear pattern that has developed in Chris' relationships with young women ...  3 in the past 6 years... each one of them damsels in distress, and he became their knight in shining armor. But they were all 3 abusive verbally - screaming - excessive drinking - getting Chris to spend his money on their fun. And yes, in talking to us about it, he confessed his ownership in making relational mistakes - especially what he calls "anger issues" and "low self esteem".  Lord, you are there when he talks to us. He is always second-guessing himself - searching for some magic fix that will make the girl love him. He wants so to be loved by a wife, but now it looks like he is somehow a target for young women who see his weakness for being the knight in armor.  
      Chris has been honest and forthcoming with us; talking for hours and trying hard to understand WHY. It breaks my heart. Chris belongs to you, Lord, and he knows You are Lord even if he hasn't talked to you in a while. 
      Lord, you saw what happened when he was 2 years old and I married his dad. His mother didn't come to see him or get him for 4 months. Then she repeatedly abandoned him until he was 14 and she stopped altogether until she found out he was grown and had a good job. Now, 23 years later, time and again, she reaches out to him only to ask for help or money, and he has given her money and tried to help her.
      The girls Christopher falls for he really tries to rescue - he is trying to win her love and acceptance by getting involved with women who remind him of her. He doesn't know that now, but he will know that and all you reveal to him, Lord Jesus. Lord, your son, Chris told us several times last week and tonight that he "really struggles with low self esteem and anger". He is desperate for a certain kind of love, and he is an amazing catch! But Lord, he is in the wrong pond! Get him to the right pond and throw him in!
      I speak life into my son's world. I speak as the Lord's ambassador and I bind the enemy from succeeding in his plans to wound my son further. I say what my Lord has said, that He abides in me as I abide in Him, and that the Lord will not dwell in the same house with the enemy! So devil, you have to leave my son and never return. Lord Jesus, fill Chris with the knowledge of your Word again. Replace what the devil has stolen - replace it and make it clear to Chris that You have intervened when he was in despair - that You have been made strong in his weakness.
      Lord, draw him away from these people he thinks are friends. He hates drugs, and yet drugs and alcohol - partying is their weekend ritual. Chris doesn't belong there! He belongs back in church; meeting Christian people and making friends; joining life groups and finding others he can confide in.
      Lord, if therapy will help, I ask that Chris make the appointments; that he do the hard work necessary for the renewing of his mind. Be all over this, Lord. You be the Therapist, and let Chris as well as his therapist hear from you. Enlighten Christopher's understanding about grace, redemption, God's faithfulness, sin battles, spiritual battles, and what your Word says about his worth and value. 
      You answered the prayers of other women in the bible.
       I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27
      He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD! Psalm 113:9
      - You gave me Christopher - make me a joyous mother again. I have loved him like he is my own son, and I am his mother. He is a witty and funny guy and makes people laugh all the time. But he has been unhappy for so long now. Remember Lord, Chris was always witnessing to his friends in high school. They were just drawn to him, and he eventually filled up 2 whole pews with young people... the pastor told us Chris had an anointing, and  just like that, he bolted and ran.
      Lord, what is the calling on his life? Why does he travel BESIDE the path that You have laid for him? How did the enemy get Chris so gas-lighted? He hears lies from satan. Satan is a liar and the father of lies. My son is the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! 
      You are the Healer and the Redeemer! You are God! You are the Word! You created the universe and set every star and planet just right so that mankind can live and thrive on Earth and worship you. You made us in your image. Christopher is like you. 
      Lord, this desperate need for love at any price is the enemy's false version of love, and he has set traps for Chris. Spring those traps before Chris ever gets close to them and instead, let him find your love.
      Let Chris know you in a deep and intimate way.
      “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3 
      His dad and I have planted seeds of love and of your Word into his heart for weeks now as he comes to us for help and advice.   When he has been drawn close, Lord, pull him or yank him the rest of the way back into the light! 
      Give Chris a Christian wife who seeks wisdom; a gentle soul with her priorities straight and who will love him with the love of Christ. Let Chris know joy in becoming more and more an example of Christ toward his wife and toward the children he will have.
      Let his wife illustrate the strength and faithfulness of Christ's bride; the Church. Let them find in each other the many many ways of finding You. Give Chris friends who never tear him down or participate in destructive lifestyles.
      Change his world! Turn him back - run to him and fall on his face. Kiss him. Celebrate. Bless him. And rejoice, my Lord! Fill his heart and soul and mind with oil of joy for his wounds and mourning; give him your beauty for his ashes. Teach your precious Christopher how to abide in peace - even through all his struggles. In Jesus' name, I pray AMEN.

• By jestersnow72
      Hello,
      I am in a very serious situation right now and I have no idea what to do about it. I have 9 days to move out of my trailer. I am on disability and only make $847 per month and I am already down to $400 being left in my account. Also, my utilities are in my ex-roommate's name and he moved out Monday so I my power, gas, and Internet can be shut off any time now. I have contacted every agency and apartment complex that I can find and I am getting no support and no help. I am a loner and I'm agoraphobic, severely social phobic, have bad panic and anxiety attacks and do not associate with anyone, really. All I have are 2 of my 4 adult daughters and they are not much help. My youngest is going through things. My 24 year old is stung out on drugs. My 25 year old is in jail and my oldest is in another city. I do not really associate with my mother because of things she's done to me and allowed to happen to me in the past. She is no support whatsoever. I have no one and nothing out here. I used to have my grandparents but they both died and now I am all alone. I have a man but he is in prison. I have 2 old male cats that I love very much and they are my life, but other than my cats, talking to my man on the phone and email, and God...I have no one. For some reason I am not getting anywhere. I have applied for all types of assistance and I am getting no help. I am on disability and am bipolar with psychotic episodes and have PTSD, borderline personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder, anti-social personality disorder, and schizotypal personality disorder. I have only been out of my house a handfull of times since November of 2009 and I have not driven a car since then either. I am not on my psychiatric meds right now because I had issues with my mental health care provider and plan on suing them. I can't go to a shelter because they are wanting me to put my cats in the animal shelter and I refuse to do that. That would kill my cats and me. My roommate was a 53 year old guy named Greg and he was very abusive, violent, and he spent his time harassing me, invading my privacy, threatening me, stealing from me, and trying to intimidate me. He caused a lot of problems around here for me and my kids and now I have to move out by the 18th of this month. He is a very bad person and he is on the run right now. There is a warrant out on him. He has 9 felonies and he's on probation for battery and has violated probation twice already. He had something going with the lady that works in the office here at the trailer court and she tampered with our lease and made it look like my daughter's name was never on it, he lied and got a protective order on her and got her kicked out of here, and that lady also wrote him a bogus letter stating that my daughter was banned from here. They had NO grounds. All she did was call the cops on my roommate 6 times because he was a threat. The cops kept telling us there was nothing they could do. I got tired of it and complained about that lady to the owner and the next thing I know I am getting a letter stating they are quitting my lease. I am only on here as an occupant. The utilities are in my ex-roommate's name. I am about to be sitting here with no power, nowhere to go, no support, no money, and on and on it goes. I simply do not know what else I can do. I owe the electric company $350, the gas company $65, and the Internet companies money. I have an eviction on my record and I have bad credit due to student loans. My eviction was really not my fault. I lived in my apartment for 5 years and was never late on my rent then new management came in and jacked the rent up really high and I couldn't afford it. I got evicted back in March of 2017 and I have been bouncing around from place to place since. I need a place of my own and to get my bills straightened out and I need people to help me get my life back on track. I have prayed and prayed about this and am getting no results. I need someone to pray for me that God will direct me to the people and resources I need that can help me. I am at my wits end and have nowhere left to turn.
    • By omharris
      This entire blog was spawned from a sermon entitled, What about Jacob? Or, can a man find healing in a woman? To make this brief, I did not understand, nor was I able to track with what the pastor said, as he tried to prove his point about Jacob. Sorry, I can't really see it but I am enjoying the study, as usual. 
      As we finished part one of our look at Jacob, the grand deception was complete. Do you think Rebekah and Jacob gleefully danced around the campfire that night as they celebrated how well they pulled it off? Hardly, for Esau, as you will see, has every intention of killing Jacob once Isaac is dead.
      Notice how there is no concern on the part of Esau for how this will affect his mother. And, all this evokes another question, is it possible for Esau to regain his birthright? I don't think so, at least not in God's eyes. 
      Cheating not only Esau but your father as well, you would think that Jacob would be gone already, but only minutes from now Issac calls Jacob before him and commands him to not a wife from the same cluster of women that Esau had chosen from. Isaac directs Jacob to Laban, Rebekah's brother. Maybe, Isaac knows full well what kind of man Laban can be considering the backhanded maneuver Rebekah has just pulled on Isaac.
      With that said, let's continue on.
      I mentioned in the previous post, that Esau did not take this selling of the birthright serious. If he had
      Wouldn't it seem logical to say something to Isaac? Wouldn't Isaac have known?  Why would Esau bother to respond Isaac as though there was not a problem? “As soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob, when Jacob had scarcely gone out from the presence of Isaac, his father, Esau his brother came in from his hunting.” Jacob logically only has seconds to get out of Esau's presence, and, his fathers.
      Genesis 27:30-37 ESV As soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob, when Jacob had scarcely gone out from the presence of Isaac, his father, Esau his brother came in from his hunting. He also prepared delicious food and brought it to his father. And he said to his father, "Let my father arise and eat of his son's game, that you may bless me." His father Isaac said to him, "Who are you?" He answered, "I am your son, your firstborn, Esau." Then Isaac trembled very violently and said, "Who was it then that hunted game and brought it to me, and I ate it all before you came, and I have blessed him? Yes, and he shall be blessed." As soon as Esau heard the words of his father, he cried out with an exceedingly great and bitter cry and said to his father, "Bless me, even me also, O my father!" But he said, "Your brother came deceitfully, and he has taken away your blessing." Esau said, "Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has cheated me these two times. He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing." Then he said, "Have you not reserved a blessing for me?" Isaac answered and said to Esau, "Behold, I have made him lord over you, and all his brothers I have given to him for servants, and with grain and wine I have sustained him. What then can I do for you, my son?"
      The deception is pulled off, and now you would think that Jacob has to flee, an exile. And Esau is the reason.
      Genesis 27:38-41 NASB Esau said to his father, "Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me, even me also, O my father." So Esau lifted his voice and wept. 39) Then, Isaac, his father answered and said to him, "Behold, away from the fertility of the earth shall be your dwelling, And away from the dew of heaven from above. 40) "By your sword, you shall live, And your brother you shall serve; But it shall come about when you become restless, That you will break his yoke from your neck." 41) So Esau bore a grudge against Jacob because of the blessing with which his father had blessed him; and Esau said to himself, "The days of mourning for my father are near; then I will kill my brother Jacob."
      So Rebekah calls Jacob in once again.
      Genesis 27:42-45 NASB Now when the words of her elder son Esau were reported to Rebekah, she sent and called her younger son Jacob, and said to him, "Behold your brother Esau is consoling himself concerning you by planning to kill you. 43) "Now, therefore, my son, obey my voice, and arise, flee to Haran, to my brother Laban! 44) "Stay with him a few days, until your brother's fury subsides, 45) until your brother's anger against you subsides and he forgets what you did to him. Then I will send and get you from there. Why should I be bereaved of you both in one day?"
      But Jacob still hasn't left. To make matters worse, we now learn of Esau's wives and what grief they are causing Rebekah.
      Genesis 27:45 NASB until your brother's anger against you subsides and he forgets what you did to him. Then I will send and get you from there. Why should I be bereaved of you both in one day?"
      In response to Rebekah, Issac calls Jacob in once more.
      Genesis 28:1-5 NASB So Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and charged him, and said to him, "You shall not take a wife from the daughters of Canaan. 2) "Arise, go to Paddan-aram, to the house of Bethuel your mother's father; and from there take to yourself a wife from the daughters of Laban your mother's brother. 3) "May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and multiply you, that you may become a company of peoples. 4) "May He also give you the blessing of Abraham, to you and to your descendants with you, that you may possess the land of your sojournings, which God gave to Abraham." 5) Then Isaac sent Jacob away, and he went to Paddan-aram to Laban, son of Bethuel the Aramean, the brother of Rebekah, the mother of Jacob and Esau.
      While Isaac's command is that he get a wife from Laban's daughters, we don't see anything that tells us he knows what he is looking for. Jacob, in a sense, stumbles upon Rachel, and she is a vision of how a girl should look. He wants her and is willing to work for her to get her. There is an irony here in that Rachel, is not an accident by any means, for Laban, her father is Jacob's uncle. (Consider: If Rebekah knew how to be devious it only makes sense that Laban, Rachel's father, would also know how to be underhanded.)
      Jacob makes no effort to negotiate for her but tells Laban that he will work seven years for her. (That timeframe may be significant on several levels. Seven is the number of perfection, redemption, and a theme that recurs throughout scripture.)
      It may be essential to consider Rachel's age at this time. I doubt he would have pursued her if he did not think she was old enough to marry.
      “Joseph married at about age 30 (Gen_41:45). This was old by Egyptian standards, since most males were still only boys when they married. Yet it is clear that a boy had to be not only sexually mature but also able to provide for his wife and thus settled in his occupation before he married. Girls seem to have married between about twelve and fourteen. They did not have to wait until established in a career. Some royal marriages, occurring for dynastic or other political reasons, took place when the individuals were very young. For example, Tutankhamen died at the age of eighteen or nineteen after a nine-year reign and marriage, so he must have been nine or ten when married.”
      NELSON'S Bible Manners & Customs, How the People of the Bible Really Lived,
      Howard F. Vos, THOMAS NELSON PUBLISHERS
      Jacob does not do what many desperate men would do, and rape her, he waits the seven years. He then goes to Laban and demands that she be given to him for he has paid for her.
      Laban deceives Jacob just as Jacob had deceived Esau and gave him Leah.
      Laban makes a statement here, in response to Jacob's shock and disappointment, that I never noticed before.
      And Laban answered It is not done thus in our country, to give the younger before the elder. Genesis 29:26 Brenton)
      As that particular pastor exclaimed: "this had to cut Jacob like a knife, as this is precisely what Jacob and his mother had done to Esau.” And, Uncle Laban may well have been told of it. If not, it is amazing how the Holy Spirit puts words in your mouth.
      According to the pastor, the premise behind all this is that Jacob, a broken man, (I am not so sure he could understand that for a long time,) pursues Rachel, the vision of perfection, in hopes that she would heal him and make him a better man. I am not sure I see all that, but it makes sense, as most men do just that. While the hope of finding something that calms the inward brokenness he feels may be going on in the back of his mind, it is not directly noted in scripture; many things aren't, and yet the more in-depth answers and subjects are there if we pursue them.
      One of the things that I see in scripture is that God is in control, regardless of how lousy the circumstances seem to be.
      The pastor said, “that God gives us examples of people who are messed up so that we can know what not to do.” If that theory is correct, then why would God tell Israel, explicitly, not to learn from the surrounding nations, for the surrounding nations were doing everything wrong, worshiping idols, and sacrificing their children to gods. While I might argue that learning from my neighbor how to work with Iron could be a necessity that would allow a civilization to create water pipes. However, there is often a hazard in close associations, especially with those not so grounded, as it can cause us to be drawn away by the deviant and those used by Satan. Along with that, I have had several acquaintances that claimed to be Christians. One, it turns out, was in a men's home (the men's home is somewhat irrelevant except that you can make an obvious assumption - and that is that the person from the home has had some mighty struggles in the past.) While the leadership of the men's home had mandated church services and Bible studies they had to attend, they could not seem to get the world out of this brother. He, in a short period, took a job on the night crew, and I rarely saw him after that. His reattachment to the world seemed to grow and he left the group home he was a part of.
      You shall make no covenant with them or with their gods. They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me; for if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you. (Exodus 23:32-33 AMP)
      And you shall consume all the peoples whom the Lord your God will give over to you; your eye shall not pity them, neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you. (Deuteronomy 7:16 AMP)
      You didn't merely live by their ways and act according to their disgusting practices, but in a very short time, you acted more corruptly than they in all your ways. (Ezekiel 16:47 CJB)
      Is it the person becoming the snare? Perhaps, but what we do know is that Satan will deceive you through any means possible. In some cases, it might be an innocent but attractive looking woman.
      Yes, Jacob's life is one huge psychodrama. He is a liar, a cheat, and a general a mess; he does not even seem to slow down all those years later when he meets Esau again. But there is a method to God's madness. God seems to use broken people; he even seeks them out. He seems to find pleasure in lifting them up and healing them. On the plus side, our savior is a descendant of the line from Jacob.
      My point: That no matter how messed up the narrative, or, our story is, we can and should glean as much as we can from each one, for it is God's story. Sure, you think it is all yours, but it is never anything less than God's plan, you merely get to be a part of it.
      "For I know what plans I have in mind for you,' says Adonai, plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future. " (Jeremiah 29:11 CJB)
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      I have a hidden berserker in me.
      Sure, I have righteous anger sometimes.  But the way I react and express my feelings comes out scary, mean and can cause a scene.  Lately I have prayed on the spot about it.  This calms and grounds me effectively.  The prayer starts off in an angry tone then improves, having and humbling and disciplining effect.  Talking things out with trusted people helps too.  I cannot always employ these strategies and could use more suggestions.
      Then again, I get angry at things I should not.  I am in the wrong.  It does not even occur to me to use the above strategies then.  I am too caught up in my own selfish moment.  I pray after the fact.  I try to apologize to the people involved afterwards.  I only do it again eventually.  I seem to have a long fuse but an overblown powder keg.
      I even get mad at myself.  I beat myself up over all sorts of things.  I believe it to be a form of self abuse.  My theory is I would rather take things out on myself than others.  I might become indignant rather than address whatever the issue is. 
      My anger symptoms must have a rooted cause that I am avoiding or not even aware of.
      All of the above is frustrating, annoying and troublesome.  I will start to pray about this.  One specific request I have been making of God recently is for Him to take control of my emotions.  Identifying this problem and wanting to change is a good sign and start, I figure. 
      Any and all advice, scripture, prayers, comments or constructive criticism is appreciated.
      God bless you, GregoryB
      8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
          do not fret—it leads only to evil.
      - Psalm 37:8 New International Version (NIV)