• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

However, Nowhere in the Bible does it say the infant is born sinful. It does say we were born in sin....it does say that we were conceived in sin..

We are born in sin with sinful nature,babies will sceam and demand food now!

Matt.15:19

For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

48 minutes ago, angels4u said:

For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

How do you go from newborns who are hungry a physical need to it becoming spiritual? There is no way to equate the two. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

How do you go from newborns who are hungry a physical need to it becoming spiritual? There is no way to equate the two. 

13 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Littlelamb ,you stated nowhere in the bible does it say that babies are born sinful ,they are actually born sinful.

Only Jesus was born without sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

11 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I have observed babies, when they have needs, acting as though they have seething rage. I get the impression, that if they had the capability, that they might be murderous, lol, the look really angry? The strike me as very selfish, but of course, being unable to take care of themselves, they are selfish, but then, we all are. Perhaps that is what angels4u is referring to.

Of course, the question is, does God hold the accountable for that, since they have not been instructed, by those who know the different between right and wrong?

I do not know, where there is an accountability age, the concept may be in the Bible, but I do not have the authority to say when or if, it applies. Some say age 13. That is nonsense. I know that for myself, right and wrong and guilt etc, were concepts I had before I went to kindergarten at age 4, maybe a few years earlier.

I just trust God to do what is right in His eyes, what is right in my eye, is of no significance, and I feel comfortable leaving it at that, and conclude that babies in Hell or not, is non on by business, when it comes down to it. God knows and does, what is best, in spite of what we thing about it.

5 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Only Jesus was born without sin.

True, Adam and Eve were without sin, for a while, but they were never born, so you got that right on a technicality, lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Looks like we are going off on a tangent here. How about a separate thread devoted to babies?

7 hours ago, Ezra said:

Looks like we are going off on a tangent here. How about a separate thread devoted to babies?

You are right Ezra, and I think there is one anyway. In fact, I thought I was in it when I replied here.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

At one time I decided that God must be allowing me to keep on failing so that I could not possibly be self righteous.  Don't even remember what the sin was.  Paul gives the answer in the study of Romans 7  and romans 8.  The good he wants to do he doesn't do, and the evil he doesn't want to do he does.  Oh wretched man that I am, Who shall save me from this body of sin and death?  Thanks be to God!  There now is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.  

Galatians 5:16 Those who walk after the Spirit do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.  Rom 8 v5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but THOSE WHO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT SET THEIR MINDS ON THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT.    It is all about what you fill your mind with all day.  Garbage in, garbage out.  But when we focus on Christ and view others the way He does, loving them in the purity that He does, desiring what is best for them, we then walk in the light as He is in the light.  If we focus on trying not to sin we end up focusing on the sin and on self.  When we focus on the face of Jesus and allow Him to live in us, we grow more like Him.  When we continually read God's word we are washed and cleansed by it, and we put on Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to everybody for your wisdom and encouragement. I have made a new commitment that I hope will be eternal. I have greatly benefited from not just your words but your generosity and understanding.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I have a few thoughts/questions...

How does one actually give themselves over to Christ? I say the words. God's words cause things jump into reality. They have power and are The Truth. When I speak I can be wrong, insincere, lying, misleading, nuanced, etc. It would be nice if salvation was like joining the military. Sign on the dotted line and you have an unbreakable contract.

tLostandFoundt,

I suggest a couple of excellent articles written by the late Dr. John R. Rice which can be found on the internet.

1. "How to Come to Jesus" and 2. "What must I do to be Saved?"

John