• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Willa said:

Matt. 25:46   ESV   but these go away into ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, but the righteous into eternal life.  

Of course it is eternal punishment- you are gone  for all eternity, separated from God for eternity, with no life at all.

eternal punishment fs. Eternal punishing.......two different things sister. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Shar brought up a ton of scripture. I noticed neither you, MG, or Cletus debating it. I wonder why?  Come on bro, take her up point by point. I dare ya!  

Frankly, eternal Hell is not up for debate. It is a part of the true Gospel, and those who believe otherwise have "another Gospel".

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

Removed Video Link, please use the video forums for videos.

Edited by Steve_S

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

God forces no one to obey Him. 

Men can and  must freely choose to love and obey God to receive all of His promised blessings. If they choose to obey the will reap all the promised blessings, if they choose to disobey, to rebel, to sin, they will reap the promised curses.

God created hell for the devil, his angels and his rebel followers.

When its all done and dusted men will be able to look into Hell for ever and see those there suffering in eternal flames if they want to see. It will be a good reminder of where one will end up if one chooses to fall. Hell will be an eternal monument.

It is plainly stated in Isiah 66:22-24, where the prophet predicts that all natural men on the New earth will be able to look into Hell upon men who have FREELY CHOSEN to sin and rebel against God. Revelation 14:9-11 also proves that men will be tormented in the presence of God and His faithful angels forever. These are literal passages and should be understood just as they are read.

All about hell as recorded in Scripture.

Hell is mentioned in many dozens of Scriptures throughout the Bible. There are five departments in the underworld of departed Spirits, not one of these places is associated with or is the grave where bodies are buried.

These five departments are;

One). Paradise;
In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31).

This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11).Before Jesus Christ conqured the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).

It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from (Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11).

Jesus not only went into this prison but He also went into another prison, "Tartarus," and preached to the fallen angels being held there in their own special prison, "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." (Jude 1:6). "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;" (2 Peter 2:4).

Jesus having conqured Hell and death and the grave during His crucifiction and during the three days He was in the underworld, He captured all the righteous souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:7-11).

Jesus now has the keys to Hell and death (Rev. 1:18).

When we check every Scripture provided in God's Word, we cannot believe Jesus did not go to Hell, preach to the SPIRITS there, and He also captured all the righteous souls, Abraham, Moses, Isac, David, and all the others rightious souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high.

The five departments of Hell are;

One). Paradise, which we are speaking of here;

In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31). This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11). Before Jesus Christ conqured the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).
It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11. Jesus not only went into this prison but He also went into another prison, "Tartarus," and preached to the fallen angels being held there in their own special prison. Jesus having conqured Hell and death and the grave during His crucifiction and during the three days He was in the underworld, He captured all the righteous souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:7-11). Jesus now has the keys to Hell and death (Rev. 1:18). Rightious souls who die now no longer go here. They go straight to Heaven when they die.

Two). Tartarus; This prison is the special prison for the fallen angels that sinned both before and after the flood. There is nothing recorded in Scripture that teaches demons or human beings ever go into this prison. In these passages it is clear that there is a real Hell that is not the grave and that Spirit beings are confined in chains until judgment (1 Pet. 3:19; 2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6-7).

Three). Hell itself; (Matt. 16:18; Luke 16:19-31). This is the torment part in the unseen world and was, still is, and will yet be the abode of all the wicked souls and spirits of men from Able to the end of the Millennium. Then, at this time all the wicked will be liberated out of this prison and will be given their own immortal bodies and be judged before being cast into the "lake of fire" forever (Rev. 20:11-15; 21:8).

Four). The Bottomless Pit or Abyss is the abode or prison of demons and certain angelic beings. No human being is ever thrown into the abyss. It is a very deep chasm in the lower parts of the Earth. It is translated "deep" (Luke 8:26-31; Romans 10:7) and "Bottomless Pit" in Rev. 9:1-3, 11; 11:7; 17:8; 20:1-10). All these Scriptures prove that there are prisons in the lower parts of the Earth for departed sinning spirits, and they are not and could never be the same as a grave on the surface of the Earth.

And Five). The Lake of Fire, is the eternal Hell and perdition of wicked men, demons, fallen angels, and all rebellious creatures of all ages who have ever rebelled against God, and who have refused to repent when they could have. It is called "The Gehenna of Fire" and is always translated Hell (Matt. 5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33; Mark 9:43-45, 47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6). This prison is also called "the second death, which is the lake of fire" (Rev. 2:11; 20:6, 14). This final Hell was prepared for the devil and all his angels (Matt. 25:41-46), and for all other rebells, and it is ETERNAL in duration (Rev. 14:9-14; 20:10-15; Isa. 66:22-24; Matt. 25:46). There is no record in Scripture of anyone being the lake of fire at present. Scripture does show that the beast and the false prophet will be the first to be cast into it. This will happen before the Millennium (Rev. 19:20). They will still be there 1,000 years later when the devil and all other rebels will be cast into it (Rev. 20:10-15).

Scripture also teaches that there will be degrees of punishment in Hell as far as remorse and torment of the conscience is concerned (Matt. 10:15; 11:22; 12:41; 23:14; Mark 6:11; 12:40; Luke 10:14; 11:31, 32; 20:47).

These degrees of punishment will be because of the kind of sins committed by one that were not committed by another. No man will be punished or could have remorse over something he did not do. They will all regret rebelling against God and man and failing to believe in Jesus, and repenting of sin.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Shar brought up a ton of scripture. I noticed neither you, MG, or Cletus debating it. I wonder why?  Come on bro, take her up point by point. I dare ya!  

I also think Shar did a great Job, that really makes the most sense for sure,  you noticed, we can all look and read the scripture for what it says , but to interpret scripture, takes  a spirit filled, person  in tuned with God , to bright it too light, ?

there is so many skilled talkers and readers , that are not getting the essences , of the true word in debt, for what it is really trying to tell us, I think a lot get hung up on what is physical, and what is metaphoric , and so if we hold on too something too tight , and convince our selves with out being open minded then we will never get the truth , for we are blinded by the lies, that we hear , and what we are told to be the truth , blessings

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

For lack of a definition of what is meant by the word "Hell", I will offer this input:

καὶ ἀπελεύσονται οὗτοι εἰς κόλασιν αἰώνιον οἱ δὲ δίκαιοι εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον

“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Whatever is true about those who receive life, seems to be true about those who receive punisment, in the temporal sense, the same word is used.

59 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Frankly, eternal Hell is not up for debate. It is a part of the true Gospel, and those who believe otherwise have "another Gospel".

I have to debate you on this Ezra, my brother, I know what you believe and why ?you say this, but we are not under a different Gospel for not agreeing ? that be foolish to think that, we are all learning from different views and ways , that makes us all unique , but we are all still saved by the same God and Jesus the son of God, so we can talk this out , and work out the details, but we cannot say you are following another gospel for ,

in this topic we see there is separate views, now the problem is to open the mind and think if we are not holding to a wrong view , or have we been deceived ,or taught wrong, but what we cannot do by any means , is to stay head strong and not give in, to what might be the truth ,if we are holding on to a lie, this is a major problem , with people set in there ways, I know this first hand,

I found out things my church, was teaching to be straight out false teaching, and they refuse to change, but they continue to teach to others, and new members , so who is in the wrong here ? the one that does not open there heart and mind ,to say I could be holding  a wrong teaching ? but not willing to listen ? or hear the other side view , no matter what ? then it becomes only a one sided understanding ,

we are to test the spirits and seek Yahweh in prayer , obedience and spirit , we are to hear what the spirit is saying , and let the holy spirit be our guide , and test those things we find different, from our own understanding,  I still love you brother,  and I think if you was to just search what is opposite of what you believe, and look into them you may find a thing or two ,that you thought was truth not to be ? blessings to you .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

and I think if you was to just search what is opposite of what you believe, and look into them you may find a thing or two

....  no,  don't search the opposite of what you believe:   SEEK YAHWEH  ONLY.  SEEK TRUTH ONLY, from HIM.

....  don't search for what you do believe either:  SEEK YAHWEH ONLY. SEEK TRUTH ONLY, from HIM.

...IF you seek Yahweh only,  IF you love His Truth more than life itself, HE WILL TEACH YOU. HIS PROMISE.

... IF your heart and mind is divided , like a wandering spouse , then the Truth is not found.

... BY SEEKING YAHWEH ONLY,  HIS PROMISE is SURE: HE GUARDS HIS WORD TO PERFORM IT, ...

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

For lack of a definition of what is meant by the word "Hell", I will offer this input:...

καὶ ἀπελεύσονται οὗτοι εἰς κόλασιν αἰώνιον οἱ δὲ δίκαιοι εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον

“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Whatever is true about those who receive life, seems to be true about those who receive punisment, in the temporal sense, the same word is used.

That is ((most likely)) true - the same word is used .

It may be the duration OR the sphere /reality type/  that is questioned, or perhaps the starting point and the ending point if there is one.

Remember also, a lot of inaccurate, distorted, contrary to Scripture practices were adapted/added  into many church teachings by anti-Semitic leaders (religious and politic),  from around 100 a.d. or 200a.d. to the present ((and increasingly so this century((TODAY)) ....  When or how or why and from whom any erroneous details were  added concerning 'hell' ((and heaven possibly?)) might be known simply, but  I don't know  yet .....

....The great Companion Bible by Dr. Bullinger is widely acknowledged by Bible Scholars...

He and others have (increasingly I think) shown as we gain more knowledge of the Greek and Hebrew languages, the common accepted view is becoming ... a ... concept which cannot be found in the original languages of the Bible.

...Have we and Why should we perpetuate Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Babylonian, and Angle-Saxon mythology?

Isn't this is where the concept came from>

Here is where the word "Hell," the goddess of the underworld, came from.

If that is so, Leave it there. This idea does not belong on the previous pages of our Bibles. "

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Revelation 20:14   And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 21:4   And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I'm with you on this one Spock.  Absolutely senseless to torment someone forever.  It would serve no purpose.  Death and Hell will be done away with for good when the earth is melted after the 2nd judgement. 

The biggest torment for those destined for hell would be judgement day when they come face to face with the judge.  This would be the most frightening event for anyone on the wrong side of God to ever experience. It would be all their worst nightmares wrapped into one, plus more they never thought of. God will definately give them a glimpse of where they are going as their sins are judged one by one. Imagine that feeling of terror growing and growing. It would be worse than anything we could ever imagine, and definately a place I would never like to stand trial for.  I'd say that's their main punishment, that torture of standing trial, the fear of being condemned, the pleading, the remorse, the helplessness, then after that, it's lights out.

May God have mercy on us all.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

23 hours ago, Spock said:

I don't have any problem to interpret eternal destruction as meaning the following:

you cease to exist for all eternity!  

Why do you feel this is not enough?  

Again, it does not say eternal PUNISHING. 

As for Vines definition, you can interpret that any way you prefer- to utterly destroy seems pretty obvious to me. 

Hell is eternal as in unchanging.  This is why so many people err in understanding eternal damnation.