IGNORED

Does God Love Some People More Then Others?

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I know right off that most of you are going to answer "no" to this question and that God loves us all the same. But it seems sometimes that some people are so blessed by God and never have anything really bad happen to them. While others loss all that they have and more, even though they are just as much a Christian as the other person who's live seems to be over flowing with blessings from God. When I know what I am going through and what has happen to me and my family; and I look around at other Christians and see that they are  living happy lives and living without need. It makes me wonder if God loves them more then he loves me. I feel as though I am under attack by the  enemy everyday. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

37 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I feel as though I am under attack by the  enemy everyday. 

LadyKay,

You are not alone in this. We are indeed under attack by the enemy every day, yet God allows it. It does make one wonder about degrees of love, but then again it may be that the ones who suffer most will be blessed most in eternity.

Guest Teditis

I agree with Ezra on this.

My life doesn't feel particularly blessed with the Love of God everyday and parts of my life have been a real tragedy.

Still, I trust that God does indeed love me as much as the next guy/gal and that my reward in Heaven will be worth

any tribulation that I go through down here. It might sound trite but it's what I hold on to when things get really rough.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Two things...first off we all have our individual struggles. Some people may seem blessed on the outside... But you have no idea what they are going through when you arnt around to see. It maybe worse then what your going through. It may also be those "blessings" arnt from God as well, but rather from Satan to keep them lukewarm. It maybe God gave them those blessings because He has a plan for them. You don't know.

Second, never compare yourself to others. It will just drag you down. What's important is your walk with God-worryung about what everyone else has and does not have and why, is not your concern and will just drag you down and hurt your relationship with Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

God says he hated Esau....    so just from that one case I would have to say yes....    I find it hard to believe he loved the Amalekites.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I know right off that most of you are going to answer "no" to this question and that God loves us all the same. But it seems sometimes that some people are so blessed by God and never have anything really bad happen to them. While others loss all that they have and more, even though they are just as much a Christian as the other person who's live seems to be over flowing with blessings from God. When I know what I am going through and what has happen to me and my family; and I look around at other Christians and see that they are  living happy lives and living without need. It makes me wonder if God loves them more then he loves me. I feel as though I am under attack by the  enemy everyday. 

I think 'seems' is the operative word, LK.  Others' lives may appear blessed from the outside but totally different behind closed doors.  I point to Robin  Williams, the late comedian, who 'seemed' to have everything; wealth, fame, a great family and the adoration of millions.  Yet he was so miserable he took his own life last year.  He obviously didn't have God to hold on to.  God has a different path for all of us.  If we are lacking in what we need, He may be pointing to a way to get those things such as a second job, a career change or whatever.  He doesn't love you less than anyone else, especially if you are following Him, but I do agree about feeling under attack by the enemy every day; I feel exactly the same way.  There's a good reason for that.  We are.  Rebuke the enemy in Jesus' name and figure out how to make life work for you.  Bless you, L.K.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm thinking, not meant to be from the Bible, God may have favorites too.  Those who love him more I'm thinking are probably loved more by God.  Of course someone can probably call this something other than love- appreciation maybe. I know the safe answer is to say no, God loves us all equally, but when he passes out the rewards for believers, I somehow think, again not Biblical, Jesus will have a twinkle in his eyes for the ones who were sold out to follow him. 

Im probably wrong, but it's just an initial thought without any biblical basis, so don't pay much heed to this. 

Spock

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

According to scripture, hard times or tribulation is a sign of God's love. Its his way of training us as a Father does his son. Make no mistake, we all go through discipline and we are all accepted in the beloved Lord Jesus.

Scripture says he loves "us" with a great love. No respect of persons and no partiality with him.

"Romans 2:11 NIV
For God does not show favoritism."

"Acts 10:34 NIV
Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism"

"Deuteronomy 10:17 NIV
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes."

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

No where in scripture does it promise Christians a life of luxury and / or ease. None of the apostles had it easy. They had a very difficult journey.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Yes AND No.

Gods ways are equal.

God is love.  

Jesus told me that if I did what he said in Matthew 5-7 that I could expect certain results.  The rains would come and the winds would blow but my house would stand.

I am told that I reap what I sew yet I continue in sin sewing to my flesh, reaping corruption then blame God for my own demise.

Why?

It is desperately difficult to see myself.

I can easily see the speck in my brothers eye, especially if he has a beautiful wife, great job and a nice house and car but I cannot perceive the beam in my own eye because she ain't so pretty, I hate my job, the car and house are falling apart.  

I am a mess.  I need repentance. The goodness of God leads me to repentance and godly sorrow brings about repentance not to be repented of.

God brought people into my life that taught me how to look at every situation in my life and discover where I was wrong without regard to what anyone else did.  They further taught me how to confess my faults instead of accuse you of yours.  And they taught me how to approach God for healing.  They also taught me how to determine who I injured by my sin and the need to desire to make things right with them.  Finally they taught me how to go about making right my wrongs without further injuring the people involved.

What happened?

As a direct result of all this work Jesus taught that I should do, most of my fears have vanished, I have found interest in others while losing interest in selfish things.  My whole attitude and outlook upon life changed.  God, through Christ, began doing in me the things I cannot do for myself.  My financial woes are turning around.  My intimate relationships with others are deepening.  My life has become richer all around including finances for God has shown me how to run my own business from home while being a full time machinist.

I was cursed before but my tongue was full of bitterness and cursing of others including God, who I blamed for everything but no sooner than God led me to repentance did my whole life change direction.  And I owe it all to God through Christ who loved me when I was yet a liar, theif, cheat and a con who hated everyone and everything.