IGNORED

What do you think about veiled christians?

JNMRR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, algots said:

In America, with the (God cursed) Feminist movement alive and well, it's no surprise that some of its teachings, views, and motivations have rubbed off into the church.  It's not so much the type of clothing it is, as much as the women being told what to do by men. Just as one poster put it, " it's not the man's decision whether his wife covers or not." This comment is so foreign to the Bible, except in the context of God's curse in Genesis 3.

Any creature that has two heads is a freak of nature...including marriage. Why do you think number of divorces in Christian households, in America, shadow the number of divorces outside the Church?

We talk a good talk, but our hearts are far from Him.

Nice to see you quoted my very astute comment.  :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Are you a woman, IMNRR?

Yes i am

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

So what goes on in a mans mind when he looks at me is his problem.  I don't even think about it anymore because I'm at an age where I"m sure men look at much younger women.  

What you yourself, specifically wear, is not at all my point, nor does it affect my question. I am speaking to principles. What goes on in a man's mind is of course his problem, but I think it can be very selfish and uncaring of us to think in those terms. A person can be weak in certain areas. I notice you did not answer my question if what Paul said about our behaviors and how they can effect another, being a concern.

Should I understand then, that you think that a Christian, who has self control and feels free to consume alcohol with a clear conscience, should feel free to drink in front of a person who has real issues with alcoholism and drunkeness, and just say: "What goes on in a man's mind when he sees an alcoholic beverage is his problem!?

Sometimes it might be appropriate, to consider the needs of others, over our own desires, isn't that what loving others is about?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

33 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

What you yourself, specifically wear, is not at all my point, nor does it affect my question. I am speaking to principles. What goes on in a man's mind is of course his problem, but I think it can be very selfish and uncaring of us to think in those terms. A person can be weak in certain areas. I notice you did not answer my question if what Paul said about our behaviors and how they can effect another, being a concern.

Should I understand then, that you think that a Christian, who has self control and feels free to consume alcohol with a clear conscience, should feel free to drink in front of a person who has real issues with alcoholism and drunkeness, and just say: "What goes on in a man's mind when he sees an alcoholic beverage is his problem!?

Sometimes it might be appropriate, to consider the needs of others, over our own desires, isn't that what loving others is about?

I"m not sure what your question is Omega.  All I know is I try and conduct myself as Jesus would want me to.  I don't connect the alcohol thing at all.  Maybe it's because I'm not feeling well today.  I think we should all consider other feelings and don't be a stumbling block.  I'm sorry If I didn't answer your question maybe try and put it another way and I will do my best to answer.  No disrespect to you at all. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

its pure ignorance.  In cultures where these kinds of things are worn its to control women.  Women are looked at as property in these cultures.  They have the rank in society equivalent to livestock.  Why would anyone want to wear something like that?  I mean why not just get a bell and tie it around your neck and go around moo-ing like a cow.  Its about the same statement being made.

That is a very good point you bring up. and thank you as a man for pointing this out.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/8/2016 at 3:58 PM, JNMRR said:

Yes i am

:emot-heartbeat:

May The LORD Always Be Your Covering

“When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord GOD, and you became mine.  Ezekiel 16:8 (English Standard Version)

As For The USA Easter-Hats-For-Women.jpg

Image result for easter hats for ladies

Well....

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I do not know of Christians who wear a Hijab as a practice of their Christian faith. I do know some do see it as an issue of modesty and protecting a woman from lustful thoughts; however, even completely covered a woman could be immodest and a man could still lust after her.

Culturally, if that is what women wore, I wouldn't see it as a problem. It could be more of a problem to go against the culture and offend others. And not, I'm not talking about being like the world, so please don't go there... one can still be uncompromisingly sanctified and set apart from the world while adjusting their behaviour (within reason) so as to not offend or be a roadblock to someone.

There is a difference between doing something out of consideration of someone else and being oppressed by legalism to do something. Like Omega had mentioned, if you, as a Christian, are okay with drinking alcohol but another Christian is offended by it, don't drink alcohol around them. When traveling on mission trips, I have adjusted my clothing to be culturally appropriate and to not offend anyone or when offered food I do not want to eat, I ate it. If a significant other has an issue with what I am wearing, I would change it... not because he is being domineering or I am being weak, but out of consideration for his feelings.

Just like we need to consider not offending someone, we need to not be so quick to be offended by things that are different or unfamiliar (like Omega also mentioned in another post about the word Allah). Allah is the Arabic word for the English word God... Allah is not exclusively the god of Islam. Just like English-speaking Christians do not change the word God to something else because some cult twists who God is, Arabic-speaking Christians do not change the word Allah to something else because of Islam.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 07.04.2016 at 8:08 PM, JNMRR said:

I was wondering that what do christians think about christians who veil/use hijab?

What about this?

29637.jpg

1347606312_pr.jpg

x_b11e93de.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head. - 1 Corinthians 11:6.

In India, Christian women cover head only while praying and in churches. They do not cover their head at other times.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

2 hours ago, Ogner said:

What about this?

29637.jpg

1347606312_pr.jpg

x_b11e93de.jpg

This is great way to cover and to not look like a muslim while covering, but if a woman wants to cover every inch of her hair and neck also then there would need to be cap under the scarf like this or just make the scarf cover all hair.

2ccb97c8a184c04d44f1c72ad1a7961e.jpg

Picture-72.png