St_Worm2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Shouldn't Murphy be labeled by the servers then as an unbeliever?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Yep, there you go.

What? believers just make stuff up? Apparently a believer does not read and follow God?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Murphy should read the TOS and then act appropriately.  Looks like another troll.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Murphy said:

So, you judge my faith?

I did not say there was no heaven, I am saying there is no place called hell as you refer to hell.

All dead go to Sheol and await the resurrection.

I judge no one; that's God's prerogative.  But I do judge your words:   " Man going to heaven is a foreign concept. "  So you don't believe man goes either to Heaven or hell, correct?  How do you square that with your claim of being a believer?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

4 hours ago, Murphy said:

40day/nights is a Hebrew idiom.

I means- a long time.

Moses fasted......

Yahshua tested........

Noah's rain.....

There may be a couple of others........

Was the Flood an historical event (IOW, do you believe it really happened), or do you believe it was just a myth that never actually happened?

Thanks!

--David

Edited by St_Worm2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

6 hours ago, Murphy said:

You will be Judged, just as I will be Judged.

What do you believe the judgment of Christians at the end of the age will decide? 

Thanks!

--David

"He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath
everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation;
but is passed from death unto life"

John 5:24

Edited by St_Worm2

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Murphy said:

I concern myself with my salvation, you concern yourself with yours.

I will base my salvation on what the Word says.

Based on the Word, you don't have salvation.   You reject 2/3 of the NT.   You don't believe the Bible.   There is nothing remotely biblical about what you believe.  It's just some weird, bargain basement theology you cooked up in your garage, or something.

Guest Robert
6 hours ago, Murphy said:

40day/nights is a Hebrew idiom.

I means- a long time.

Moses fasted......

Yahshua tested........

Noah's rain.....

There may be a couple of others........

Slight problem with your "idiom" concept here:

"Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they had ended, He became hungry. And the devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.” And Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE.’” (Luke 4:1-4, NASB, emphasis mine)

Luke was not Hebrew; he was of the gentiles and wrote this account initially for his friend Theophilus:

" Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught. "  (Luke 1:1-4, NASB, emphasis mine)

If "40 days" meant simply "a long time" as you postulate, he would not have deliberately mislead Theophilus by saying "40 days" if it were not literal. The Gentiles at large would not have understood the "Hebrew idiom" and Luke would have had to explain it to him, and we do not find that in his gospel. Luke was writing an account for his friend so that he could understand better what he had been taught, and Luke was very careful to make an accurate historical account.

While some things in scripture are not meant to be taken literally , we have to go by the tone of the book they appear in as to gather that. We cannot read the Gospels the same way we would read another book, such as the Song of Solomon.

The danger one runs into when deciding that hell is just mere "annihilation" is that something or someone can be "destroyed" and still exist. One example: the word used by Jesus in Luke 11:17 is erémoó , which means "desolate (1), laid waste (4). " (Strong's Greek 2049). Not everything may be meant literally in every book of scripture, but Jesus was deadly serious about hell, and warned as such. Don't mistake the language He used for annihilation: He used the best words we could understand.

One last thing murphy: if you are going to call the clear teachings of scripture "fairy tales" and "idioms", then you're not taking the word of God seriously. Scripture tells us that we will give an account of ourselves (including every word and thought we ever thought, spoke or typed on a keyboard) before the Lord, whether before the Judgment Seat of Christ (for believers) or the Great White Throne (for unbelievers). Paul was not speaking allegorically or idiomatically when he mentioned about us giving an account of ourselves, nor was he speaking in such terms when he mentioned in Romans that the whole world would be judged by God.

So let me ask you this: what happens if you are wrong?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

Murphy should read the TOS and then act appropriately.  Looks like another troll.

How about  you control yourself and I will control myself.

I have said nothing inappropriate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Murphy said:

John 3:13

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

I'm 50 years old, I was 'saved' at age 7, I was in the 'church' for more than 30 years, closer to 35 years. I accepted the standard lines, for the most part, much of what the church teaches I had a problem with but did not know where to go with it. I had an opportunity to home study with others, it took us three years to read the bible twice. Much, if not most, of what the church teaches is the tradition of man, not the instruction of Yahovah/God.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Read this verse again, 100 times if you have to. You as a believer have a serious problem.

I listed a series of verses that say the same thing.

God requires two or more witnesses, I posted 8 or so, there are many others.

If you read the parables for example, sowers of the seed, the tares are removed, burned, destroyed, the wheat REMAINS.

Man remains on earth, he always has, alway will, until the new earth.

The Word is not what you think it is, I can show you a couple of things that would blow your mind, but you are not ready for it.

Are you a prophet?